The future of TW on HT

Options
Santacruz - Heavens Tear
Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Etherblade (West)
im curious to hear what everyone thinks will happen about what guilds will own land or what might or could happen with the bigger guilds and smaller guilds.

my view goes something like:

Tao and Enrage have a strong reign over the map atm with Rad holding onto its land as hard as they can, but there are a small circulation of strong players gathering up force into the uprising factions, these factions will then put a lot of pressure onto Tao and Enrage eventually maybe winning back some land, but i predict that in the bigger guilds the pressure will cause cracks and they will start to crumble into smaller new power guilds, the map will then proceed to be claimed by the smaller uprising guilds until something special happens again.

obviously there may be some flaming in this thread, seems hard to avoid it, but id like to hear what people think from all four corners
Post edited by Santacruz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but there are a small circulation of strong players gathering up force into the uprising factions, these factions will then put a lot of pressure onto Tao and Enrage people think

Might happen in the future as more and more people become high level, but atm Imo those strong players are spread to thinly between the smaller TW faction's to make any big impact.

I think it would take those players merging into one or two super factions OR Tao/Enrage imploding to make any drastic change to the map for the foreseeable future.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im curious to hear what everyone thinks will happen about what guilds will own land or what might or could happen with the bigger guilds and smaller guilds.

Tao and Enrage have a strong reign over the map atm with Rad holding onto its land as hard as they can, but there are a small circulation of strong players gathering up force into the uprising factions, these factions will then put a lot of pressure onto Tao and Enrage eventually maybe winning back some land, but i predict that in the bigger guilds the pressure will cause cracks and they will start to crumble into smaller new power guilds, the map will then proceed to be claimed by the smaller uprising guilds until something special happens again.

obviously there may be some flaming in this thread, seems hard to avoid it, but id like to hear what people think from all four corners

The uprising factions are littered with an enormous lack of TW experience, I can't remember how many of these factions actually thought they were going to just run into your base and attack the HQ..... without a catapult.

Being Level 90+ or 100+ is obviously no substitute for experience. These uprising will have to be able to defend a land from not only the big 3, but also the OTHER uprising factions, until one of these factions can take a land and successfully defend it I don't see many new colors hitting the map.

Enrage has always encouraged new factions to TW and try to get on the map, probably more-so than Rad and Tao, but without the key elements of TW Experience, ability to defend and a structured leadership hierarchy it wont happen.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Enrage has always encouraged new factions to TW and try to get on the map, probably more-so than Rad and Tao, but without the key elements of TW Experience, ability to defend and a structured leadership hierarchy it wont happen.

Enrage and Tao do possess a large player base of high numbers and experience i don't think anyone can overlook that, so unless we either see

a) some unknown pro's come out of nowhere into these uprising facts

b) something happen inside of Enrage / Tao to cause a leak of players into these uprising factions

then i doubt were gonna see anything fast, but hell you cant say that for sure lol
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my 2 cents:
    unless some huge drama happens in Tao/Enrage that makes faction split into big groups, the future of HT will be the same for a few months more at least. As it was said before, new powerfull factions to rise and take over land after land over night seem impossible atm, and the smaller tw factions are just doome atm. Unless they are led by some high lvls that only seek fun in TW and not necessarly person victories, they might have a chance, but not in the next 2 months. PPl usually get bored of losing week after week, and instead of staying in 1 place and fight to make the faction stronger, they leave for the top factions. Its a fact, no1 can deny this.
    Then again, new factions to form from the once that already exist will only change the names on the map and maybe get 2-3 lands to some lucky smaller TW factions for a limited period of time.Any of the 2 top factions on the map divided into two groups have no chance. They will be eaten by the other faction. They would have to rebuild, get stronger... and this will take time, meanwhile the other faction will start taking over lands. Both Tao and Enrage to crash and divide in the same time = 0 chances.
    but well we will see...IMO no big changes in the next few weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ooor we could see a map reset which would be funny just to see everyone scrambeling for land, it would be a true deathmatch then to regain land or hold onto it ^^

i think that would be pretty awesome to see, just to freshen things up
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ooor we could see a map reset which would be funny just to see everyone scrambeling for land, it would be a true deathmatch then to regain land or hold onto it ^^

i think that would be pretty awesome to see, just to freshen things up

i find it funny that no matter where the talk starts... it always end with a (talk of) map reset.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i find it funny that no matter where the talk starts... it always end with a (talk of) map reset.

well someones gotta throw it up =p

you cant deny how awesome it would be for the server tho, and im sure it would give the big guilds something fun to do, taking down every guild to get land back rather than the boring defend defend defend and occasional attack.

anyhows i only mentioned it to throw a few things in for people to consider =p
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Map reset would not change much in the end. After 5 months Tao will own 2/5 of the lands, Enrage have 2/5 of the lands, Radiance 1/6 of the lands, Belail have the remainder. Would that be different, yes but how different is that from now?

I do not see how a group of 80 people could come out of nowhere and rise to be a contender in battle. But I could easily see a group split off of Enrage or Tao that come back together to grow a new faction that will rise up and be one of the strongest. The main reason for this is battle experience. Having your faction attack a land every week and lose in less than 15 minutes is not battle experience its getting yourself beat down into nothing wasting the money on bidding/towers/charms/apothecary and not learning a thing. The next most important thing is a good structure of command and use of some sort of voice communication system such as ventrillo.

Knowledge is power and that is why Enrage and Tao have almost all the power over the lands.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Map reset would not change much in the end. After 5 months Tao will own 2/5 of the lands, Enrage have 2/5 of the lands, Radiance 1/6 of the lands, Belail have the remainder. Would that be different, yes but how different is that from now?

I do not see how a group of 80 people could come out of nowhere and rise to be a contender in battle. But I could easily see a group split off of Enrage or Tao that come back together to grow a new faction that will rise up and be one of the strongest. The main reason for this is battle experience. Having your faction attack a land every week and lose in less than 15 minutes is not battle experience its getting yourself beat down into nothing wasting the money on bidding/towers/charms/apothecary and not learning a thing. The next most important thing is a good structure of command and use of some sort of voice communication system such as ventrillo.

Knowledge is power and that is why Enrage and Tao have almost all the power over the lands.

RAWR! I'm a tiger

mmmm 5 months how many lands are there? like 20 something? around 30? I don't think 5 months will be enough for that outcome.

Also remember power = power too don't forget that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I do not see how a group of 80 people could come out of nowhere and rise to be a contender in battle.

Ye have little faith

it will happen one of these days
    edited April 2010
    Options

Note: Not asking for a map reset in anyway shape or form.. Just throwing out idea's

That is assuming everyone stayed in Tao, Enrage and Rad . A map reset might be viewed by those not entirely happy in those factions as a perfect chance to leave and make their own/join another.
    Since they would have a good chance to take and hold land for a while, which isnt an option now.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tao and Enrage will be around as long as the core members stay and they can refresh their players with new ones as the old leave.

Not sure about Rad, honestly, its been 3-4 lands for awhile... Enrage can manage them. Rad going to choke to death? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tao and Enrage will be around as long as the core members stay and they can refresh their players with new ones as the old leave

Not if the GM's make their own guild and tw against them b:chuckle

Maybe someone should resurrect RoC b:shocked
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well someones gotta throw it up =p

you cant deny how awesome it would be for the server tho, and im sure it would give the big guilds something fun to do, taking down every guild to get land back rather than the boring defend defend defend and occasional attack.

anyhows i only mentioned it to throw a few things in for people to consider =p

how would that be fun for me? i don't really find waking up for 10 minutes to run some random guild over fun. with a reset it'll just be pointless tw until the top 2 guilds meet.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Rytania - Heavens Tear
    Rytania - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

>>> obviously there may be some flaming in this thread, seems hard to avoid it, but id like to hear what people think from all four corners

>> id like to hear what people think from all four corners

> four corners
    edited April 2010
    Options
    >>>>> obviously there may be some flaming in this thread, seems hard to avoid it, but id like to hear what people think from all four corners

>>>> id like to hear what people think from all four corners

>>> four corners

>>Corners

>Corn

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tao and Enrage will be around as long as the core members stay and they can refresh their players with new ones as the old leave.

Not sure about Rad, honestly, its been 3-4 lands for awhile... Enrage can manage them. Rad going to choke to death? D:

that.
    The only way I see enrage or tao falling apart is for some huge internal drama... rad seems to have lost their morale and belief against enrage, judging by today's effort (i was told it was a 30 min tw).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A pretty lame 30 min i would add... i ended up 2 times in the middle of at least 10 Rads and got killed by Vlarkin who was in the air or way far from that group... i mean c'mon 1 veno in the middle of a group and u dont target her?
    @ Vlarkin, you hurt sometimes b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as people have already stated - unless there is some massive inforseen drama that brakes large amounts of enrage/taos and possibly rads player base apart from them into a new faction nothing will really change that drastically.

the main problem with the other big PvE factions like belial who are seeking TW is that in the majority of cases these factions attain a certain level of TW proficiency but then fall apart/weaken significantly when they come into contact with real competition or attention from the main TW facs. belial is a special case, as there has never really been a PvE faction as strong as them in terms of player base on HT that i can remember, however, i believe th same will apply to them.

i hope not, but this is how i see it panning out.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well i don't wish to sound too harsh but its pretty destined to happen at some time or another.

look at the past of all the big dominating factions right from when TW began on HT, they all had their reign time and eventually withered away, some got resurrected, but history will repeat itself

its HT nature
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lets see...
    Enrage was in toplast year about this time, until Tao and Caesar have risen and start to grow, some of the old Enrages joined Tao/Caesar, some left the game after aniv packs 1st came out -> Enrage has fallen for a period. Then some dramas happened in Caesar, 1st group that left (Fimmel, Curse, Sumona, martin, and co) joined Enrage and helped us for a comeback, then few weeks later another group (the ex-Assault group:rubyl, delta, momo, pvd...) left Caesar and reinforced Enrage power so we could start wining even over Tao (See 1st TW on 01.01.10)
    Then Tao drama, guess everyone remembers it still since it was more recent. The conclusion is Enrage has it period of falling but it came back stronger then it was maybe.
    Tao has its recent drama in january, the lost many of their best PVPers/TWers but they didnt give up, they continued to recruit and at this moment they are back in force as the 2nd TW faction in HT (the last two weeks have shown us they are not as powerfull as Enrage is atm).
    Small dramas cant rip apart big TW factions, if the core members stay and work together the faction can be resurected within 1-2 months, meanwhile the 2nd and 3rd TW faction will take over their lands.
    For a non-official TW map reset you need both Tao and Enrage suffer a huge drama that fall the faction apart including destroying the core members group which is kinda hard to happen in the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *steals faction taco's* b:avoid
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    at a certain point in time ppl will leave for several reasons.....boredom....rl stuff....etc

Wether it's enough to weaken a guild that much that land will be taken a bit easier for factions that don't hold lands yet...is ofc the question
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    at a certain point in time ppl will leave for several reasons.....boredom....rl stuff....etc

Wether it's enough to weaken a guild that much that land will be taken a bit easier for factions that don't hold lands yet...is ofc the question

The only problem with that is what others have already stated.

Ie: 15 People leave Enrage and the game for w/e reason
    > Enrage "easily " recruits another 15 people from the other non land holding TW factions to fill those slots.
    > Keeps Enrage at a high performance level while keeping the other non land holders weak.

The small TW factions each I would guess have a core of loyal players the problem is retaining the others when the glory and bright lights of the big Factions come a calling.

People want to win and its much easier to jump to the current winners than stay and work hard to be a winner. Human nature and not the fault of Tao, Enrage or Rad.

Also have the e-peens, politics w/e problems of the non landers keeping them well non land holders. I know a certain faction was approached with the offer of adding 20-30 players lvl 95-101 to their roster, but for w/e reason they wasnt interested.

Without a HUGE drama in Tao or Enrage then nothing will change
    edited April 2010
    Options
    .... I know a certain faction was approached with the offer of adding 20-30 players lvl 95-101 to their roster, but for w/e reason they wasnt interested.

This interests me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This interests me.

me too..

do gossip
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As a conclusion: everybody is waiting for those huge dramas to occur in both Tao and Enrage in the same time so that the map changes colors... *grabs popcorn and waits* who will be the drama mama/s that will save HT from a 3 colors map b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As a conclusion: everybody is waiting for those huge dramas to occur in both Tao and Enrage in the same time so that the map changes colors... *grabs popcorn and waits* who will be the drama mama/s that will save HT from a 3 colors map b:question

pretty much lol or 1 of the factions atleast.

so whens it gonna happen D:
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ye have little faith

it will happen one of these days

Its not that I have no faith its that there is no precedent for that unfolding. Every successful faction had some sort of prior TW experience even the first ones in the server. Evolution, TheEmpire, Radiance, Elysium, RoC, Genesis, Ravenhawk, Avengers all had at least 1 person that played PWMY and brought their experience from there to Heavens Tear to their new faction. After that Enrage has its origins in RoC then Radiance. Caesar origins from mostly Radiance. Then Tao mostly from Radiance then Legion.

At no point were 80 people that had no prior TW experience built up into something great. I encourage a group to go and prove me wrong but it hasn't happened yet.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Then Tao mostly from Radiance then Legion.

and Evolution b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.