Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well as I see, most people here will disagree with me when I say I liked all of them.

Right now most of the fashion sets for guys in the game look quite the same, at least the trousers. About half or more have plain jeans for the lower part, and I don't see the difference when I look at some sets. These options here are a bit different from those ingame. Then again, I'm a girl, so maybe I just think differently.

Only one thing I'd really like to see (and haven't seen so far) is a set that looks good on a barb. I think only sets in game that do, are the Superstar, Chain and Warlord set, maybe some more. Some clothes look like they were a few sizes too small for barbs, others are just plain ridiculous.

So I think I'll vote for D, it would look cool on guys and I'd love something similar for girls (similar=exactly the same, not some girly **** as usual).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiszEvil - Sanctuary
    MiszEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oow wow male enty's suck even more...
    Why all the long coats... we got plenty by now!! get something new... So B + C fail in my opinion.. E sucks ****.. sorry but design wise and idea wise i really hate it.
    A looks kinda like a mix between things we got and D yeah.. i cant really make much out of it but if i have to vote it will be D
    But Gm's next time you get a design contes please pick thing we dont already have..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelloprime - Heavens Tear
    Nelloprime - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, third page.

Well, voicing my displeasure anyway, and NOT because my design isn't up there.

...I was going to go through and pick apart each design, but frankly - I'm wasting my time. Just like the screenshots picks from last month, the winners are the winners, yay for them. But Frankie? You guys really need to find better judges on this stuff.

EDIT: Not voting. No matter what we pick, we get the shaft again.
    EDIT2: Oh, by the way? We've already got a Ninja set coming out.
    Ninja TB. How about that.

That pic looks similar to the type of ninja set I sent in>.>
  • neyjour
    neyjour Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "B" gets my vote. Very nice design and attention to detail. :)
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol at all the hate, I actually love those, especially D, I'd so want something this badass that would actually FIT in a fantasy world :D
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D looks so badass
    but its way to seethrough.. so im going for C, i like how simple it is :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I want D, and i'll be willing to spend 10 gold for the whole set b:chuckle

because it's that damn badass!!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think I'll vote on this one. I'm not a fan of any of those. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Again, I don't like any of these either (just as the female ones).
    Almost all of these are just downright rediculous. not even ORIGINAL. No offence to anyone, but come on.. a ninja outfit for crying out loud, how original can you be?!
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Karmiels - Dreamweaver
    Karmiels - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Is this a April fools joke or something?

Whats with the Ninja set b:laugh

I was looking forward to something different and original myself.
  • Karmiels - Dreamweaver
    Karmiels - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And also I won't be voting for these sets just don't like them.
  • SouthPa// - Dreamweaver9
    SouthPa// - Dreamweaver9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Again, I don't like any of these either (just as the female ones).
    Almost all of these are just downright rediculous. not even ORIGINAL. No offence to anyone, but come on.. a ninja outfit for crying out loud, how original can you be?!

Agreed, some people worked their butts off to make fashion that was actually good.
    These are pathetic pieces and just shows how lazy PWI can be.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be fair, I do give credit to the GMs and such for putting the final decision in our hands.
    Having said that, it'd have been nice to been given good designs to choose from.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The male sets are okay...not super duper omg-Im-gonna-make-a-male-char-just-to-wear-that awesome but meh o-o;

and ninja set? >_> the one in ecatomb right now looks bettah b:surrender
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A looks like a typical bartender set. But I have to say I immediately thought this when I saw it.

http://www.court-records.net/arts/giantodo.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquaknight - Lost City
    Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D's Pants looks like a upgraded Chain Pants.

Sweet.
  • _JAKE_ - Sanctuary
    _JAKE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    B & D I give you props, but what's with the others? I submitted 2 that are better than those...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anything important enough to find, isn't worth losing..
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My barney suit was totally better than those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The owner of D took that idea from SRO.............:Sb:surrender

-cough- "Devils Spirit" :x
    Edit: lool omg forgot JD
    ...gezz maybe this suit is used to much in different games. they could have just took it from your jd or sro. then agian i wonder where the person who made the idea in jd came up with it ^.^"
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only set i can say i'd use is A, and to me it looks like the school uniform fash for guys, more of a punk version b:surrender B looks like a helmsley overcoat, D,E suck. C is nice
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i should've sent in my design
    <---- fashion designer & digital artist ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Saymor - Dreamweaver
    Saymor - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A - Well... Looks like a more modern version of the Dress Suit to me. Not that impressed.
    B - Looks like a mix between Chain Set and the Helmsley set. I actually like this one the most, personally.
    C - Hmm, looks like a Star Trek suit. It's okay, but not my fav.
    D - No, just no. Looks like it's ripped out of Jade Dynasty, or belongs on a tideborn.
    E - Isn't there already a ninja outfit? Just, not released yet. Either way, it's not half bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A- Could of had way more details, maybe a pocket chain, some colorfull buttons, stitchwork, patterns...just SOMETHING. I had been hoping they would introduce a nice looking sleek suit, instead of the bulky stuff.
    B- Makes me think of the chick on the new Final Fantasy. But it might just be the color.
    C-Stupid Naruto. Even if the cut of the jacket looks cool, the fact that it looks nearly like every Narutard "OC"'s outfit bothers me.
    D- Is painted well, but just Devil May Cry. And Soul Caliber into one.
    E- ...I can't believe they picked a screenshot from Google as a "well thought, and designed entry." Few people who posted their designs in this thread were better than all of these.

tl;dr
    Get new judges so we actually want to vote for something. b:cry
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    Cococya - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have to say these are dissapointing .
    A would look awesome if it had some more elements added to it,a chain here,an emblem there,it's be great !
    B is great,great details,but it is really Vampire Knight-ish (which is great,but no too original ).
    C must be a law suit waiting to happen,Akatsuky anyone? Even the grinning teath are same as those of the Akatsuki guy with mouthes in his palmes.
    D looks great,really outlandish,a bit Princ of Persia,but nice.
    E...ahhh,for real? LOL,totally NOOOO !!!
  • KaosKitten - Dreamweaver
    KaosKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be fair, I do give credit to the GMs and such for putting the final decision in our hands.
    Having said that, it'd have been nice to been given good designs to choose from.

^This..... I'm just sayin epic fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you to Forsakenx for my lovely signature ♥

KaosKitten - Veno
    ElvenEyes - Archer
    Des_Tai - Cleric
    _Kassiopeia_ - Blademaster

The armor is full of **** I'm afraid, the trick is to make it shine so brilliantly that no one notices.

Keep life simple and go where the day takes you.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A looks like a typical bartender set. But I have to say I immediately thought this when I saw it.

http://www.court-records.net/arts/giantodo.png

EIP! Not that guy! My Friend has like, all those games. What's his name? Apollo Justice?
    A - Well... Looks like a more modern version of the Dress Suit to me. Not that impressed.
    B - Looks like a mix between Chain Set and the Helmsley set. I actually like this one the most, personally.
    C - Hmm, looks like a Star Trek suit. It's okay, but not my fav.
    D - No, just no. Looks like it's ripped out of Jade Dynasty, or belongs on a tideborn.
    E - Isn't there already a ninja outfit? Just, not released yet. Either way, it's not half bad.

in reply to C: The guy in red always dies anyway. I don't like to imagine form fitting clothing in game, it has clipping issues. and the gloves wouldn't look nearly as nice.

I'm not voting until I know none of it is F'ing stolen this time. That made me mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hate to come across as rude, but please do not vote for the Ninja outfit (Option E). Perfect World has a Ninja design:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/fashion/homme/f52.jpg
    Its pretty awesome I might add, I can't wait to buy it for my husband! Ninja's ftw! Pirate v. Ninja TWs!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • propan1ol
    propan1ol Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    I like how all the fashioned are ripped off from certain characters and that D is ripped from the character I'm named after (although it's a shame I didn't submit it).

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/136/188701-vagrantsydney_large.jpg

Sydney Losstarot, from the incomparable Vagrant Story.

I wouldn't have expected the judges of this contest to have picked up on this, though.

However, the PWI population at large might have provided more error-checking mechanism.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Is outfit D inspired by Nightmare from Soul Caliber, or is it just me?
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
This discussion has been closed.