Hyper EXP, Stacking, and You!

Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Welcome, one and all, to Konari's first-ever... *gasp* ...Actually Helpful and Humorous Guide to Aid Beginners and Other Players of Similar Interests (AHHGABOPSI, for short...it'll catch on, I know it will)! Today's Guide is entitled...

Hyper EXP, Stacking, and You!

So, let's begin at...well...the beginning, of course!

Chapter 1: What IS Hyper EXP?

Simply put, Hyper EXP is just that...EXP...but HYPER! Depending on how many Hyper EXP Stones you use to activate the Hyper EXP Mode, you could gain four times, eight times, even TWELVE TIMES the amount of EXP that you normally do! Talk about a grinding bonus, right? However, every bonus is not without a price...after your Hyper EXP session is completely finished, you'll have to spend some time with Exhaustion; meaning your EXP rate will be shot down faster than a BM hit by Sage Black Ice Dragon Strike! So, let's get into a little more detail, shall we?

Chapter 2: Hyper EXP Rates and Activation

So, you charged some ZEN, you got some Gold, and you bought some good ol' Hyper EXP Stones. The question is, what kind of Hyper EXP mode do you want? Well, there are 5 different Hyper EXP Modes to choose from:

x4 Hyper EXP -- Costs 3 Hyper EXP Stones, Lasts 3 Hours, 3-Hour Buffer Time, and 18-Hour Exhaustion Time.

x5 Hyper EXP -- Costs 3 Hyper EXP Stones, Lasts 2 Hours, 3-Hour Buffer Time, and 19-Hour Exhaustion Time.

x6 Hyper EXP -- Costs 4 Hyper EXP Stones, Lasts 2 Hours, 3-Hour Buffer Time, and 19-Hour Exhaustion Time.

x8 Hyper EXP -- Costs 3 Hyper EXP Stones, Lasts 1 Hour, 3-Hour Buffer Time, and 20-Hour Exhaustion Time.

x12 Hyper EXP -- Costs 5 Hyper EXP Stones, Lasts 1 Hour, 3-Hour Buffer Time, and 20-Hour Exhaustion Time.

Depending on your available playing time, patience, and wallet size, you can choose the right Hyper EXP plan for you!

Chapter 3: Hyper EXP, Buffer Time, and Exhaustion

Now, you chose the right plan for you, and you got your Hyper EXP goin'. Right after you "purchase" your Hyper EXP plan, a little window should pop up, showing three different timers. Each of these times corresponds to different modes.

Hyper EXP: When this timer is red and ticking down, your EXP rate will shoot up to whatever rate is set by the plan you purchased.

Buffer Time: When this timer is red and ticking down, your EXP rate will stay at 100% (in other words, the normal rate).

Exhaustion Time: When this timer is red and ticking down, your EXP rate will plummet, giving you only 10% of the normal rate.

The first thing you might notice is that at the start, you can only swap between Hyper and Buffer Times. This is normal. There are only two ways to get rid of that horrid Exhaustion Time. One way is to completely log out of the game. While you are logged out, the game will be ticking down your Exhaustion Timer for you.

The other way is to completely use up the Buffer Time, leaving you with only Hyper EXP and Exhaustion Time. Thus, whenever you switch out of Hyper EXP Mode, you'll delve straight into Exhaustion Mode. Let's hope your body can take the stress of becoming insanely hyper to crash-and-burn...!

Oh! One last thing. You might notice that whenever you re-activate Hyper EXP Mode, that one minute is instantly shaved from your Hyper EXP timer. Again, this is normal...nothing to worry about; that's just how it works.

Chapter 4: Hyper EXP Rate "Stacking"

Now, this has been a hotly-debated topic for quite some time...probably ever since these little gems came into the game. How DOES the Hyper EXP Rate "stack" with other bonuses, like Training Esotericas or special "2x EXP" events? Well, our crack team of scientists (in other words, ME), have come up with a fairly accurate solution as to the mystery behind the Stacking Stones.

You see, here on PWI, "rate stacking" is done on an additive basis, not a multiplicative one, which was what many of the players were complaining about early-on, when Hyper EXP was first introduced. They expected a rate similar to the following:
12x (Hyper EXP) * 2x (Bonus Server Event) = 24x EXP!!!

While that kind of stacking would've been a dream-come-true for this Wizard...alas, that is not the case, instead, the EXP stacks more like this...
12x (Hyper EXP) + 2x (Bonus Server Event) = 14x EXP...!

...HOWEVER! This number is STILL inaccurate! There WAS an overly-complicated, hard-worked-on mathematical formula here before...but I guess a GM confirms, the true rate is 13x EXP for 12x Hyper EXP stacked with a 2x EXP event. b:surrender

In conclusion, if you want to get the proper "multiplied" rate for your EXP (if you REALLY take this game all number-crunching-serious...), subtract one from the Hyper EXP rate, then add in a "bonus" rate, if applicable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
Post edited by Konariraiden - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Chapter 5: Hyper EXP FAQ

Q: I use Hyper EXP in the Forgotten Frostland Dungeon...how can I maximize my EXP for time?
    A: (Quoted from mulanrouge) "If doing bosses, activate the Hyper with about 60k-80k HP left on the boss, it will cost you one minute, but there is no waste, and the exp is epic. Also, in some cases, the exp shown in the EXP log will not match the actual exp received; you will have to rely on the % gained (this is most significant in frost runs)."

Q: If I use a Hyper EXP Stone during a 2x EXP Server Event, can I still use a Training Esoterica to further increase my EXP rate?
    A: Nope. Hyper EXP can stack with EITHER a 2x EXP Server Event OR a Training Esoterica, but NOT BOTH.

Q: Do Hyper EXP Stones also affect my Spirit?
    A: Yes, they do; no worries about leveling up too fast with no skills to follow.

Q: Could I use the Hyper EXP when turning in a quest, get increased Quest Reward EXP, then turn it off?
    A: Nope; Hyper EXP does NOT affect Quest Reward EXP in any way. On that note, Training Esoterica and 2x Server Events also do NOT affect Quest Reward EXP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1) the stacking with 2x exp is 13x (GM comfirmed last event)

2) Training scrolls generally will stack with Hyper, just not during 2x exp events

3) If doing bosses activate the Hyper with about 60-80k left on the boss, it will cost you one minute but there is no waste and the exp is epic.

4) In some cases, the exp shown in log will not match the actual exp received, you will have to rely on the % gained (this is most significant in frost runs)

* nice guide :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And once again Konari proves his awesome on the forums. -applauds-

I for one, would love this to be stickied, because the number of people we have coming to the forums and asking about how Hyper stacks, or complaining that it isn't stacking right, is driving me up the wall, it really is.

Very nicely written by the way. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    b:laugh

I try, I try...

...also AHHGABOPSI will TOTALLY catch on.

b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you're interested, Konari, you could always add a few of the little things mulanrouge stated in your FAQ - just because you're bound to end up with questions related to when best to turn on Hyper and the like.

I mean I've seen a dozen people ask "Where should I use my Hyper" and they're all of various level ranges. Beat those people to the punch and answer their questions before they can even answer them, yeah!

[Gawd dammit, as I'm posting this I see you've already edited the FAQ. Too awesome for me...

... I support the edition of mentioning that during 2x EXP events, training esos won't stack with Hyper.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And once again Konari proves his awesome on the forums. -applauds-

I for one, would love this to be stickied, because the number of people we have coming to the forums and asking about how Hyper stacks, or complaining that it isn't stacking right, is driving me up the wall, it really is.

Very nicely written by the way. ^^

Although I agree on it being stickied, I'm afraid even if it happens, the amount of people asking about this on new threads might not go any lower b:cry
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Although I agree on it being stickied, I'm afraid even if it happens, the amount of people asking about this on new threads might not go any lower b:cry

Yeah...but hey, at least now you'll have a quick answer for 'em.

"Go here...noob."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Chapter 5: Hyper EXP FAQ

Q: I use Hyper EXP in the Forgotten Frostland Dungeon...how can I maximize my EXP for time?
    A: (Quoted from mulanrouge) "If doing bosses, activate the Hyper with about 60k-80k HP left on the boss, it will cost you one minute, but there is no waste, and the exp is epic. Also, in some cases, the exp shown in the EXP log will not match the actual exp received; you will have to rely on the % gained (this is most significant in frost runs)."

Q: If I use a Hyper EXP Stone during a 2x EXP Server Event, can I still use a Training Esoterica to further increase my EXP rate?
    A: Nope. Hyper EXP can stack with EITHER a 2x EXP Server Event OR a Training Esoterica, but NOT BOTH.

Q: Do Hyper EXP Stones also affect my Spirit?
    A: Yes, they do; no worries about leveling up too fast with no skills to follow.

added some color and separation...your guide but it might help b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    added some color and separation...your guide but it might help b:cute

Color and spacing added. Thanks for the help!

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Color and spacing added. Thanks for the help!

b:cute

b:cute anytime...i have made too many guides >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    b:cute anytime...i have made too many guides >_>

I...have not.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    I...have not.

b:sweat more likely then not name an instance and i have one. i just dont share them all here on the forums b:cute i can tell you that pwi has some of mine though b:surrender

but is ever need help...holler!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    b:sweat more likely then not name an instance and i have one. i just dont share them all here on the forums b:cute i can tell you that pwi has some of mine though b:surrender

but is ever need help...holler!!

...it's "holla".

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    ...it's "holla".

b:scorn

not where i am from b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    not where i am from b:shutup

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Most excellent and party on dudes! b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KevinK - Sanctuary
    KevinK - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    13x exp makes sense. One would think that when you add you add: 12x exp + 2x exp = 14x exp. However, you are only killing ONE monster, so you are actually getting 13x of the monster's exp. Let's say a monster gives 100 exp. First, the 2x exp event would give you an extra 100 exp. Then, with 12x hyperstone, you would get an additional 1100 exp. Together you would get an extra 1200 exp. NOW we count the normal exp we kill from the original monster which is 100 exp. 100 + 100 + 1200 = 1300. That makes 13x exp.
    edited March 2010
    13x exp makes sense. One would think that when you add you add: 12x exp + 2x exp = 14x exp. However, you are only killing ONE monster, so you are actually getting 13x of the monster's exp. Let's say a monster gives 100 exp. First, the 2x exp event would give you an extra 100 exp. Then, with 12x hyperstone, you would get an additional 1100 exp. Together you would get an extra 1200 exp. NOW we count the normal exp we kill from the original monster which is 100 exp. 100 + 100 + 1200 = 1300. That makes 13x exp.

Ah...THAT'S how they do it!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    100 + 100 + 1200 = 1300.

Let me help you
    http://www.online-calculator.com/online-abacus/

or if you prefer
    http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/basic.htm

I am sure, no matter which of the two you use, you will find that what you wrote is not correct.
    100+100+1200 IS 1400

However, your point is correct though, you will end up with a 13x multiplier.

200 +1200 = 1400
    1400-100 = 1300 actualy exp you will get from the mob (you subtract the original exp you would had gotten anyway w/o bonus)
    1300/100 = 13 exp multiplier (you divide the total by the original exp amount to see what your bonus multiplier is)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Let me help you
    http://www.online-calculator.com/online-abacus/

or if you prefer
    http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/basic.htm

I am sure, no matter which of the two you use, you will find that what you wrote is not correct.
    100+100+1200 IS 1400

However, your point is correct though, you will end up with a 13x multiplier.

200 +1200 = 1400
    1400-100 = 1300 actualy exp you will get from the mob (you subtract the original exp you would had gotten anyway w/o bonus)
    1300/100 = 13 exp multiplier (you divide the total by the original exp amount to see what your bonus multiplier is)

The calculations are correct.Kinda took me abit to realise.Nice signature by the way will keep in mind.b:chuckle
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    edited April 2010
    nice guide :)

...better not be an April Fool's to get mah hopes up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    ...better not be an April Fool's to get mah hopes up.

of course it is....the sticky will be taken off tonite at 1am server time b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    of course it is....the sticky will be taken off tonite at 1am server time b:cute

b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nice gui you answer at least 1 of my questions :D:D:D
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow, didn't know they still do stickies now days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • NoPulse - Dreamweaver
    NoPulse - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i tried out the hyper-exp system a couple of days ago: crazy fast exp :)

however, it says something about stacking the different times: max hyper time 256h and exhaust time 1040h (i guessed these figures, i'm really not sure anymore).

but at the same time it tells me, that i may only start one session per day. how is this possible?
    by the time i would start a new session the exhaust time of the last session would have gone down to zero and i wouldn't have to stack the time anyway.

thx for any info.
  • rybochka
    rybochka Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender I'm sorry for offtop, but tell me please somebody the page with highest levels of players. b:thanks
    I'm psychic 35 level in the Tears Heaven.
    Again so sorry for disturb. b:surrender
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    rybochka wrote: »
    b:surrender I'm sorry for offtop, but tell me please somebody the page with highest levels of players. b:thanks
    I'm psychic 35 level in the Tears Heaven.
    Again so sorry for disturb. b:surrender

Start your own thread =.=.
    I think they removed the rankings BTW
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wouldn't it be easier to explain this as +exp% ?

It uses the same (wonky) addition logic as everything else.

2x xp is +100%
    12x xp is +1100%

With both you have +1200% - which is 13x