I have failed

Options
Lylfo - Dreamweaver
Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
So, on the other day, I tried to let the tank's charm to tick.b:thanks Sad thing is, he realised it too early and so, he invoked to prevent charm ticks.b:surrender Anyone has any suggestion to let charm ticks without being too obvious? b:sad
Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lylfo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol why did you want the charm of tank to tick? ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol, this is too funny.

if serious - "sry, i was lagging my screen froze" b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    say you are out of pot
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol why did you want the charm of tank to tick? ^^"
    To show them who is the boss XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Teumessia - Heavens Tear
    Teumessia - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ...and the boss turned out to be the tank?
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ...and the boss turned out to be the tank?
    No the boss is the cleric healing the tank, making the tank see that the cleric controls their life ^^ *chuckles*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How about the tank loses aggro and party wipes. Who is controling who's life?
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That would be the boss they are killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, it doesn't matter if you're the barb or the cleric, if you take your team for granted then the boss will end up being in control.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How about the tank loses aggro and party wipes. Who is controling who's life?

A BM comes aggros, and tanks the boss stopping the party wipe. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As much as I believe that you SHOULDN'T let a barb's charm tick on purpose, if you're trying to...

Stop using IH for 15 seconds until the last one wears off. Just start healing with Wellspring, so he stays healed but doesn't have the heal over time. Then cut off Wellspring. He was probably saved by the residual heals over time to realize you weren't healing. Your excuse? Wellspring costs less mana than IH. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But its fun to see how much a barb do just to prevent his charm from ticking. I think of it as a challenge. And i didnt know that he has charm until I see how much he try to keep his hp above 50%. Out of pots does make me look too fail tho. Any better advice? b:sad

Lagging would make it less challenging though.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As much as I believe that you SHOULDN'T let a barb's charm tick on purpose, if you're trying to...

Stop using IH for 15 seconds until the last one wears off. Just start healing with Wellspring, so he stays healed but doesn't have the heal over time. Then cut off Wellspring. He was probably saved by the residual heals over time to realize you weren't healing. Your excuse? Wellspring costs less mana than IH. b:chuckle

I cut off my heals but he invokes at that time. And that lasts till the boss is dead. b:surrender

Oh and i was trying not to be too obvious so I threw a couple of debuff and attacks.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I cut off my heals but he invokes at that time. And that lasts till the boss is dead. b:surrender

Oh and i was trying not to be too obvious so I threw a couple of debuff and attacks.

Invoke takes two sparks, so put on your best puppy dog eyes and tell him you're REALLY worried about him losing aggro, so could he please spam flesh ream? Voila, instant chi drain.

Also, it only lasts 20 seconds. How many bosses are dead in 20 seconds?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Invoke takes two sparks, so put on your best puppy dog eyes and tell him you're REALLY worried about him losing aggro, so could he please spam flesh ream? Voila, instant chi drain.

Also, it only lasts 20 seconds. How many bosses are dead in 20 seconds?

Apparently Linus dies in like 20 seconds with a squad of mostly 90+. Don't forget that I have to build up the "faith" in the cleric by healing him for the earlier part of the battle. Otherwise, he'll pot Jiaozi and all my effort of trying to tick his charm will be gone. He's a level 97 barb so I think his Chi management skill must be really good. See the challenge?

Well, I implore all clerics to try it today. Its only 1 tick anyway. It is harder in practise than in theory. b:cry
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Apparently Linus dies in like 20 seconds with a squad of mostly 90+. Don't forget that I have to build up the "faith" in the cleric by healing him for the earlier part of the battle. Otherwise, he'll pot Jiaozi and all my effort of trying to tick his charm will be gone. He's a level 97 barb so I think his Chi management skill must be really good. See the challenge?

Well, I implore all clerics to try it today. Its only 1 tick anyway. It is harder in practise than in theory. b:cry

I'm not sure how you expect to make a level 97 barb charm tick on a boss that barely hits you at all.

Although I'm still not sure why you'd want to in the first place, but on a boss THAT easy? I was asking a low 9x barb how you would go about this and he told me that he solos linus without a cleric, as long as he has ToP, turtle, and one or two pots. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To kill kitty's charm:

1.use long channeling time heals with low heal over time
    Blessing of the purehearted (lvl 1) 1x, switch to IH and back, watch the HP drop....

or..

IH, IH + cancel (press ESC), rinse and repaeat: looks like you are healing, but you're not

2.when below 70 %, use SoR: long channeling will make charm tick, but not kill kitty.

3. watch kitty freak out or throw a hissy fit
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    take him to 3-3

any decent cleric can solo heal the entire thing, but it would be very, very easy to get the charm to tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol, this is a funny topic. Most charmed barbs I know pretty much zerg, leaving the cleric far behind, and tick their charms anyway! Can't say I'm a big fan of letting the charms tick, unless the tank is just being an **** and you're trying to slow them down.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, on the other day, I tried to let the tank's charm to tick.b:thanks Sad thing is, he realised it too early and so, he invoked to prevent charm ticks.b:surrender Anyone has any suggestion to let charm ticks without being too obvious? b:sad

ur sucha nub.. geez.. b:surrender

expel him when he has 60% HP and boss start to channel

edit: <3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

This is the most excellent post ever, seriously b:victory

I'd go with the earlier suggestion about IH and then cancel the next IH. Also, toss random SoRs after every few cancelled IHes (works really well if your SoR is low like mine :3 ).

Rise, repeat, enjoy the tickfest.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Omg you all are missing the EASIEST way to pull it off...stop healing and claim lag issuesb:laugh You can set this up early in the run byanswering convos late and running veryyy sloooooowwww w/ the party and throwing a heal on a bm or someone 10 secs after a mob dies or sob:victory See this way they don't blame YOU; they blame your ispb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miisa - Raging Tide
    Miisa - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow! clerics sure can be a naughty bunch. b:chuckle

and lol @ rawthorne! i'm going to be trying THAT out asap. :D
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not to be a killjoy, but why were you doing this to the poor barb in the first place?
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To let the barb now we control his life b:thanks

Also fun to hear him QQ "you let my charm tick!" and then after the fb, you leave squad and trow a wield thunder at his face... Just to let it tick again :)
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aw, trust goes both ways! We control barb lives, yeah, but they shield me from being cleric-paste! I try hard not to let charms tick, especially when I see the barb helping me out by potting when my heals start falling behind (ie: solo healing in TT as a lvl 72... hate wurlord). Most barbs I know don't QQ when it happens. I figure if they're trusting me with heals, the least I can do is to save their charms so they don't have to get new ones in addition to repair bills. Was this a barb in faction or a random grouping and he was a horrible tank? Either way... the playing around doesn't seem very nice to me... b:surrender
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its just a challenge to myself.

1 tick out of hundreds of ticks possible with one charm is not that bad at all. I would even say it is expected by them in the first place if they use charm. I don't feel bad for barbs in general because of what they get in general. (Free wines, 1st pick in TT and sometimes free charm for them to go gamma or delta)
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Practicing how to just not kill the kitty, teaches you how to save them too when you need to...

But yeah, practice on teh kitties you dislike, much more fun
    I recommend white wine and some loud music to indulge in your passive-aggressive payback
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    going to try this out with all the kitties b:laugh
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *votes to make topic sticky* b:thanks
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282