Guys playing girl chars and vice versa?

Options

Comments

• Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Meh it's a fantasy game, what ever you feel you'll have most fun with. Besides if you want to play the unique class veno you have to be female.
  • Eagle - Harshlands
    Eagle - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Last time I Veno, I got random guys following me all day. It was reallya annoying. I left that day and never looked back. With the new genie this there isn't much point in playing for me in playing Veno. Plus, ARCHERS RULE FTW
    You can never escape me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Another mmo I play has a necromancer class and a lot of the male players chose female characters because the males have a sort of emo look to them.

My boyfriend in real life always chooses girl characters for online games because he doesn't want to stare at a guy all day long. b:laugh

But as far as meeting these people goes, if you spend enough time on the internet, you learn not to make assumptions, they always lead you wrong in the end. And I won't even start on 12 year olds who forget that I look nothing like my character in this game when they say "ur hot." How do you know?

haha you play guildwars?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i rather look at my female BM booty shake when im fighting crime then seeing the testicular fortitude of a man.
    Back.
  • Athens - Lost City
    Athens - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Man...you not a pervert...the other player is an idiot without a life,for sure.
    Its simple...its only a GAME.
    I have a male wizard...a male archer...A veno...and a female cleric...Im superpervert? XD

PD: Ohh..I like very much Tomb Raider saga...Im ****!!!b:laugh
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    anyone(most likely be male) hitting on any female character, chance are is like 15 year old boy.

any adult(most likely be male) hitting on female character, chance are is a perv.

It is a game, you like to be nice,polite,have a helpful heart that is your choice.
    you want to be an 4zz thats also you choice.

to those that think oh its female character I should be nice..( maybe i can get into her pants) *PERV*
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    I was playing on a alt and i heal this archer guy on my female character cleric cause i wanted to be nice then i moved on. The guy followed me forever finally hes like Hey and talking like how cool his char is and how hes gonna own and if i wanna be director of guild hes making. I am only lvl 5. I tell him right after that "This is my alt i only play this char when my gf is off and im a guy btw" then hes like oh then long silence lol and then he got offensive calling me a perve and saying its wrong for guys to play girl chars. I told him that i didnt wanna be a guy cleric cause i dont like how it looks especially when he does group buffs, venos arent all girls either, and same goes vice versa for barbs and all other classes. He said its wrong that guys shouldnt do that at all and that im a bad person. I told him thats his opinion and hes entitled to it but he doesnt need to talk trash and he left. I kinda feel like he got mad cause he was attracted to me and i turned out to be a guy. So i just would like to poll do u guys think its wrong to play a char thats not ur gender.

edit - feel free to discuss or whatever just keep it from flaming.

My guess is he was one of two things.

1) He was only 12 and not gorwn up enuf to handle the situation.

or . . .

2) He lives in a country where this is so foreign to him, and not acceptable socially he just flipped out.

I don't put much merit in either to be honest. And really wouldn't lose any sleep over it. As your poll results show, the vast majority agrees. I myself am a guy playing a veno. As we all know we don't have the choice if we want to play this class. Oh well. I will say though in this game especially the games designers seem to put all their efforts into making the female characters look awesome. And the male characters seem to be somewhat lacking. I'd like to see more macho male toons, with muscles and stuff.

Maybe it's just me who thinks this, I dunno. Just a thought I wanted to add.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't think my characters represent who I am in real life. After all, my cleric is way nicer than I am really, and my barbarian is way gruffer than I am irl.

I like to think of my characters more as 'pets'. Why can't I have both girl and boy pets? b:victory b:chuckle
  • Gonff - Lost City
    Gonff - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I get to live out my fantasy of being female here since I can't be one in rl ;l

But yeah I agree with mostly everyone else, as long as it's not a guy with a female character pretending to be female in rl just to get items and stuff, then there's nothing wrong with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cape
    cape Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    first of all: i always play girl alts on online games because.
    one: i dont wanna look at a boy all day long.
    two: there armour/fancy armour looks better.
    three: i think male clerics look a bit ''****''

it doesnt metter to me what person is behind a alt, if he is nice and do his job in squad etc, its alright yes.

P.S. << you dont have choice if you wanna be a veno.
    here i sent, a present, to the most beautiful you, on the most beautiful day, in the most beautiful season.
    <3 best ingame text.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Many
    Men
    Roll
    Playing
    Girls

All the funning aside.... It doesn't really matter what 'sex' your character is... all they are is electronic pulses running around inside a computer.

~Saitada
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Many
    Men
    Roll
    Playing
    Girls

Repeating that stupid joke in the thread won't make it any better. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver
    _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me. I mean sometimes I like to be one of my guy characters! Guess that's why I'm not that high of a lvl, I can't ever stay on one character!
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I need to stop going to Plume. That's usually where some foreign kid with broken english whispers me and asks me to be his g/f! I whisper him back "LOL! Sorry bro I'm a man!" It never fails when I'm in Plume. Must be some lonely elves in Plume or my Xenaaah is just that hot lol! I better becareful I just gave her a make over too hehe.

-Xen
  • Ladyselene - Heavens Tear
    Ladyselene - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i love being a veno, she is fun and also a lot of people assume all venos are guys irl so i dont get hit on which is great by me. im here to play not have teens perving over me lol then even when i say im too old thy dont give in
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/x549ac.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Friends are like stars, you dont have to see them to know they are there

We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them friends instead

Friends are the roses of life: pick them carefully and avoid the thorns
  • Xbloodragex - Lost City
    Xbloodragex - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gender dont matter to me, they all die the same xD
    once u dont pretend to be otherwise its cool with me b:victory
  • syrum
    syrum Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The gender battle these days is simply ignorance. Does anyone remember when these games first started? To tell someone you were a female IRL brought absolute doubt. No one believed a woman would play an online game. Over the past years though, the female population has grown considerably. You can no longer assume the gender of the player by the character model as it is just as likely to be a man or a woman controlling it.

If you feel it is wrong to play a character of opposite gender than yourself, then you have personal issues that keep you from truly enjoying a fantasy world. We are mostly all here to enjoy ourselves and no one has the right to say someone else is wrong due to the gender of their character.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I started off with a female character for the usual reasons (didn't want to look at a guy). It was odd and maybe a little eye opening getting hit on all the time, but I could live with that. What made me re-roll was the increasing embarrasment I felt with each new level of armor I put her in. It's amazing that the female armor needs the same amount of material to make as the male sets. Where does it all go?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's amazing that the female armor needs the same amount of material to make as the male sets. Where does it all go?
    It's all in the Boning and Lifting. The excess gets trimmed away and used for frills and lace.

~S
  • Venatori - Sanctuary
    Venatori - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    until i played PW i have NEVER played an mmo where people will assume you are a female just because your char is.

most of the time everyone assumes that everyone is male.

i am a female and i play female chars (usually) however my best friend is a male and is playing a veno. i cant believe how many people assume that just because the toon is female the player is too.

especially when you cant make a male veno. maybe the player base is just younger and more naive, but its really surprising to me. im used to no one believing that im a chick b:shocked
  • Darkaina - Heavens Tear
    Darkaina - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The only people who care are the pervs looking to use PWI to hit on people. If they don't think with their genitalia, they wouldn't care.
  • Darkaina - Heavens Tear
    Darkaina - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Also, girls don't exist on the internet. b:chuckle
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    until i played PW i have NEVER played an mmo where people will assume you are a female just because your char is.

Actually it happened in every MMO I ever played. Even idiotic threads like this one here got opened there with the same regularity as here.

Funnily enough PW seems to have a rather old audience compared to other games I've played. But then again, stupidity doesn't go away with age...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruumatsuku - Lost City
    Ruumatsuku - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know, lol. I'm a gal playing as a Veno, but I don't really care who plays as what gender of a certain class. I laugh when ppl ask me what gender I am. XD
    I chose the veno cuz I wanted to have a character that has ears and a tail. ^_^
    But I do have a male character as a blademaster so, it doesn't really matter at all. It's just a game.
    Please don't hate... Be happy and enjoy life. b:thanks
  • VickysLove - Raging Tide
    VickysLove - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i am a female playing a male character. bcuz my gf wanted me to carry her around b:victory
    whos alt could i be? look at the green and you shall see b:chuckle
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I do believe most guys who play this game more than one hour a week would rather look at a female butt all day long than a male one.
  • ShastaFrost - Heavens Tear
    ShastaFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

im a female who usually plays female characters...i feel much more at ease doing so. but i do have this barb, who is fun to play as a change of pace. i never let others think i am a guy, though

I'm a female playing a barb. I don't think it's a big deal which gender you play, it's just pixels =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not everything you see is as it seems....
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The only reason I would get annoyed is if they got angry because I used the wrong gender pronoun. I understand that a lot of people are guys on girl characters, and a few guys are girls as well (not nearly as many though). But if your character is a girl, don't get angry that I said "her" or "she". Correcting me is fine, being rude about it is not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The fact that you have two GM's in the "No, since it dont matter." category vote. We can all assume that it doesn't make a damn what gender you play as in this game. Just have fun playing it :)

As for me, I got two female character's because, yes, I get bored I staring at a guy's back the whole time. So it's easier to stare at a girl's butt for a longer period of time, but meh, it doesn't make a damn :P
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow, necroed by more than a year so we can have more conversation about looking at cartoon girls' butts. Sweet.
    "?" IS my avatar.
This discussion has been closed.