Archers DO suck

Options
Aldryami - Sanctuary
Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
The barb who made the post about archers sucking was right. Against a character with gear all refined to +12 we simply can't do enough damage with our little pins. Conversely a +12ed archer can easily be splatted by, say, a barb.

I'm aware no one on pwi has yet obtained such gear but still, we should be looking to our future....

Against such end game, maxed gear, level 150 (it will happen) opponents, maxing Attack becomes more important than maxing crit. We will be begging for our little crits to do more damage to make kills speedily. Even interval gear and demon quickshot don't help enough.

Thats why my main is now an assasin. Sins can stack skills and sparks to make their crits count.

In my opinion the Archer class is in dire need of a rehaul.
Post edited by Aldryami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nope, it isn't.
    Just because you can't see further it doesn't mean universe doesn't exist out of your sight.

BTW, roll and archer on a private server, go against full +12 g16-g16 uber awesome geared classes. Archer still counts and still makes a helluva dmg (as a matter of fact is the preferred class for PvP) , you just need to learn how to do it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The barb who made the post about archers sucking was right. Against a character with gear all refined to +12 we simply can't do enough damage with our little pins. Conversely a +12ed archer can easily be splatted by, say, a barb.

I'm aware no one on pwi has yet obtained such gear but still, we should be looking to our future....

Against such end game, maxed gear, level 150 (it will happen) opponents, maxing Attack becomes more important than maxing crit. We will be begging for our little crits to do more damage to make kills speedily. Even interval gear and demon quickshot don't help enough.

Thats why my main is now an assasin. Sins can stack skills and sparks to make their crits count.

the difference between fully buffed opponents and unbuffed opponents is enormous, especially at endgame with sage/demon buffs. archers probably just need a pdef debuff. there is not much you can do to fully buffed endgame robes with over 14k pdef except hope for purge or a string of crits.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree that + 12ed robes are beatable if they are debuffed but against a +12ed barb there is very little hope. A +12ed archer is squishable whatever the case.
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    qq u wrong, we have an archer on our server with few nirvana gear and almost all of his gear is +12, he is one scary beast
  • etheria
    etheria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they dont suck. b:scorn

ou5uvp.jpg

PS: UNBUFFED.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    etheria wrote: »

ou5uvp.jpg

thats lvl 150 archer >;o
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    qq u wrong, we have an archer on our server with few nirvana gear and almost all of his gear is +12, he is one scary beast

who is it?
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    who is it?

@. And FYI, that link must have 2 pdef ornaments on it.. b/c 18k hp/ 5k mdef wouldn't be tough to one shot.. ijs.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    Drsok - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think archers are being pushed down further and further in the game

were easily killed by any class

the only chance we got is to have the first stun on robes[clerics, phys, mages, soem venos]
    but our stun is only a 3 sec stun but if they saw us coming they coudl easliy wipe us out

then theres the melee [bms, sins, barbs, and some venos]
    the veno im not that woried about but all of them can smear an archer all over. all 3 can do a run skill and all can stun so all they have to do is dash to us and stun then kills us.

if theres an archer that can kill any class thats 10-20 lvls higher then u pm so i can talk
  • hey1234
    hey1234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @. And FYI, that link must have 2 pdef ornaments on it.. b/c 18k hp/ 5k mdef wouldn't be tough to one shot.. ijs.

Insomnia a good archer? b:laugh
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hey1234 wrote: »
    Insomnia a good archer? b:laugh

He was listing CSing archers.
    None of those archers besides Yoshiki is particularly good, imo. VVind and AznArcher are much harder to beat than basically anyone on that list.

And Shinzoko has 2 pieces of nirvana lol
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its all class'ist these days
    i think if u slate a class youve never played or dont like for no reason, its just dumb

sure, im squishy..b:sad, but i would put up a hel ov a fight b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    u guys must just suck...

your an archer for god sakes ofcorse we r squishy, that is y we have skills that absorb damg, make us immune and ruduce dmg, increas evation 1000% ( basicly invincible to physical attks). And not to mention max rage peps with stuns and freezes.

u stun hit stun, unload as much dmg as u can. if not dead use some of those fancy dmg reducing skills kite and proced from step one.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    u guys must just suck...

your an archer for god sakes ofcorse we r squishy, that is y we have skills that absorb damg, make us immune and ruduce dmg, increas evation 1000% ( basicly invincible to physical attks). And not to mention max rage peps with stuns and freezes.

u stun hit stun, unload as much dmg as u can. if not dead use some of those fancy dmg reducing skills kite and proced from step one.

roar of the pride is magical, so it never misses. after you are stunned, ur evasion buff is over thx to that skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol at the QQbutthurt

Archers are not underpowered. +12s will own no matter what class you are.

Edited: me and my typoes <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

please take your stupid private server discussion elsewhere. the known level cap is 105, there are plenty of people on LC and HL with +12 gear, and over half of the PK ranking list on every server is an archer.

our defense may blow compared to the other classes, but we are far off from sucking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    roar of the pride is magical, so it never misses. after you are stunned, ur evasion buff is over thx to that skill.

lol, ok roar of pride... 1 skill. and tell me how that is goin to hit me when they stuned out of range? im not sayin that archers cant be killed, just that if u know how to paly an archer you can kill peps b4 they get to u and if you need, kite till stuns are recharged

and ur an archer arguing aginst em. i do just fine in pvp, mabey u should make a BM and get roar of the pride
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've got to agree archer defenses are anything but perfect but let's get real. PvP is all about ganking. you don't see players with all items +12 everywhere (i've never seen any player with all items maxed) and even though a single archer fails to PK a barb, that doesn't mean the archer fails. they still deal excellent damage on arcanes and even on light wearers. after all there are wizzies and psys to pk barbs^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    then theres the melee [bms, sins, barbs, and some venos]
    the veno im not that woried about but all of them can smear an archer all over. all 3 can do a run skill and all can stun so all they have to do is dash to us and stun then kills us.

Why are you on the ground then? Take it to the air, and it reduces their speed advantage greatly. Will still use Will of Bodhi for stun immune, but no longer speeds us up when on mounts.

Demon Roar of the Pride never misses, normal Roar or sage Roar still can miss.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sometimes it's just useless to try to fight cashshopasauruses, when you hit 700s with physical attack on a buffed robe there is not much you can do except wait for purge to proc while they are very much capable of 1 shotting you, but thankfully such mages who crit 8k with pyrogram are not that common. i would just say he spent a lot more than i'm willing to spend, end of story.

but keep this in mind:
    archers don't have high damage physical skills that don't require long periods of channeling. this is a class that depends on attack speed to kill a robe, but it has the slowest physical weapon in the game. have you ever wondered why, for some odd reason, it is the archer 8jun equipment that gives -0.2s interval on the rank chest and weapon combined, and not say, bms or barbs?

it's because archers would suck too hard endgame without it.

slow weapon, no high damaging skills -> fail

also, archers get to use both attack charms and higher level arrows, so they can potentially have the highest base damage of any class

my conclusion is that the class itself is inferior endgame, while offset by the attributes on the equipment available to them. i guess you can call that fair.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • LauraAngel - Lost City
    LauraAngel - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my conclusion is that the class itself is inferior endgame, while offset by the attributes on the equipment available to them. i guess you can call that fair.

Only fair if you either:

A) Spend lots of money

or

B) Spend lots of time in game.

With the time invested into farming 200K Rep, you could earn $60,000+ at a full time job.

With the money invested into buying 200K Rep, you could buy 40 weeks of food, provided you spend $100 for food a week. Or, many months worth of rent if you're living in an apartment.

And Despite the amount of money you put into game as an archer - Wizards can still one shot you. The same pretty much goes for a BM and Barb - all they need to do is actually hit.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Im pretty sure no class can solo a barb with Nirvana full set +12 lol

Even a rank 8 wizard would have some major problems, unless he pulled of some frenzy, amp, ice dragon crit for 20k. Which its rather tricky to pull of 1v1 with when you have to deal with long channeling, stuns, kiting and interruptions and immune skills.

In most cases you would need 2-3 people for a +12 barb. Veno for debuff, a BM for dragon, archer for ST and wiz for damage. Than maybe the +12 barb would drop after his charm ticked like 50 times.

And yes its rather silly that the barb on the other hand could easily drop any other class with a full set +12 refines by himself.

But there has always been an unbalance in PWI between the classes, archers kinda being on the bottom there. No spike dmg at all and very squishy So if you wanna compete as archer you need to spend a couple of thousand $$ on gear to be decent.
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Most of people start to play archer because they little overpowered at low lvls, so i understand why they disappointment at end-game.
    Relax guys, Archers are support (assist) only class b:laugh
    All who told that they archer own at end-game lvls or megacashshoper or megafather (and they pvp opponents are always epic-fail).
    Archers place is hide, kill cleric or low lvl mage/veno and run... well, was =) Now with sins archers place in sz b:laugh
    Anyway my main is 9x archer and i like him even if it fail class =)
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree that + 12ed robes are beatable if they are debuffed but against a +12ed barb there is very little hope. A +12ed archer is squishable whatever the case.

i dnt think you would beat a +12 barb unless ur a mage with a +12 wep and used sage black ice dragon..archers are not underpowered but at 90+ they do take more skill then before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Only fair if you either:

A) Spend lots of money

or

B) Spend lots of time in game.

well my post was referring to the situation of endgame cash shopped archer vs cash shopped anything else. it's assuming money isn't an issue on both sides, as that's the kind of players the OP was talking about, with +12'd ****.

in general we should be able to fight someone with reasonable gear and call it a fight, right?
    I do not particularly want to tell you how to kill me, but... you are overlooking a fairly major issue here, about how your skills work. And if that was not enough of a hint for you, then the OP must have been correct.

you seem to think i am unable to kill mages in general, why don't you read the post again?
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    etheria wrote: »

ou5uvp.jpg

Showing private server stats is hardly credible.

UBERSTATS-1.jpg

Sure, this shows that a wizard can have some uber high defenses / HP / Attack power. But half his gear is near to impossible to obtain without forking out a years worth of paychecks.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm thinking of is barrage, of which i don't think -channel makes waves release faster
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol, ok roar of pride... 1 skill. and tell me how that is goin to hit me when they stuned out of range? im not sayin that archers cant be killed, just that if u know how to paly an archer you can kill peps b4 they get to u and if you need, kite till stuns are recharged

and ur an archer arguing aginst em. i do just fine in pvp, mabey u should make a BM and get roar of the pride

you are assuming you are the one that hits first. and probably also assuming you have at least one spark and a half. (1 spark for Aim Low, 50 chi for ThunderShock. And remember, after you used ur chi for Blessing of the Condor, u might not have chi for ThunderShock,), No way u can kill a barbarian of your level before he reaches you UNLESS YOU ARE CHI'ED UP. Cause our stunning arrow doesnt do ****. Sure I do fine in PvP too, Im just sayin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    got ganked by agroup of 4 peps last night 2 archer, cleric and barb, all 9x sept for one of the archers 1xx.

came back, pew pew pew all down sept for the 1xx archer. and barb died just fine.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Showing private server stats is hardly credible.

UBERSTATS-1.jpg

Sure, this shows that a wizard can have some uber high defenses / HP / Attack power. But half his gear is near to impossible to obtain without forking out a years worth of paychecks.

imagine if that wizards MP charm ticked.