Archers DO suck

Options
2»

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    got ganked by agroup of 4 peps last night 2 archer, cleric and barb, all 9x sept for one of the archers 1xx.

came back, pew pew pew all down sept for the 1xx archer. and barb died just fine.

kids these days... always going out to play without charms.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Please don't perceive my original post as archer hate. It wasn't intended as such. In fact I LOVE archers and wish it was worth levelling one to what will become endgame (higher level cap, all +12ed gear, etc).

I'm not talking about an archer who has spent $$$$ fighting a pauper lvl 100 barb. I'm talking about an end game +12ed archer against an end game +12ed barb. You wont win. Go and try it. Also against most other (buffed) classes you have to get very lucky.

Our metal skills have the power of a little LED light tinkling through them. And our superior damage per second just takes too long to play out.

I love archers but they need more skills that add % to their damage rather than add a fixed number. Then I would come back to my archer.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Please don't perceive my original post as archer hate. It wasn't intended as such. In fact I LOVE archers and wish it was worth levelling one to what will become endgame (higher level cap, all +12ed gear, etc).

I'm not talking about an archer who has spent $$$$ fighting a pauper lvl 100 barb. I'm talking about an end game +12ed archer against an end game +12ed barb. You wont win. Go and try it. Also against most other (buffed) classes you have to get very lucky.

Our metal skills have the power of a little LED light tinkling through them. And our superior damage per second just takes too long to play out.

I love archers but they need more skills that add % to their damage rather than add a fixed number. Then I would come back to my archer.

If you're really talking about all this +12 business, then the warsoul bow will make it substantially easier to kill a barb with the +50 alvl AND -mdef proc.

Also, keep in mind it may be more benficial to just quickshot autofire a barb until you proc an adv. purge on a nirvana bow. I had this discussion with Qui before as I was mocking his damage on pretty much the CSers of Sanctuary in PvP (Qui has borrowed a +10 bow and does pitiful damage to the extreme CSers).

But yes, apart from that it's highly unlikely any class (one on one) can take down an EG barb imo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol it was a fully buffed 10x barb against me and a wizard. i just noticed that he went down so quickly after purge proced

but that's so stupid when you realize you can just take a veno and have a target purged right off the bat. although, 10% with advanced soul shatter is a fairly good chance.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    got ganked by agroup of 4 peps last night 2 archer, cleric and barb, all 9x sept for one of the archers 1xx.

came back, pew pew pew all down sept for the 1xx archer. and barb died just fine.

all went to afk or u debuffed all with aoe?

@Legerity thundershock not 50chi
  • _Cristian_ - Lost City
    _Cristian_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    please take your stupid private server discussion elsewhere.

private servers aren't stupid -.-

better than this genie ****
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats lvl 150 archer >;o

And?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1178264/lvl150.png

I have one too >:D
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    all went to afk or u debuffed all with aoe?

@Legerity thundershock not 50chi

Did I miss something?
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did I miss something?

sorry, i meant SneakyStalk b:surrender excuse me
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Why does it have 41 magic O_O
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why does it have 41 magic O_O

Was thinking that exact same thing.b:puzzled
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can pwn barbs with 60k hp on private servers with my archer, both +12 gear and both the same weapon (i mean Grade).