Post edited by IceVixen - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah lol

/10char
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Adeeno___ - Raging Tide
    Adeeno___ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it happens b:laugh
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Apparently happened on DW too.

Can only hope it's permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Taksuke - Dreamweaver
    Taksuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Apparently happened on DW too.

Can only hope it's permanent.

b:laugh its a mess over at HH place

lol if it was permanent the world will end b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<=== thks Forsakenx for the great siggy
  • ArchSeraph - Dreamweaver
    ArchSeraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'll be honest, I would not be displeased in the slightest if they tweaked the BH system to offer less experience or only one quest per day again. As if our **oracles weren't bad enough, we now have to deal with the up-and-coming Bounty Babies as well.

Soon enough, the entire server will collapse on itself from lack of gold due to all of it being invested in CS, WQ teleports, BH wine costs, and offsetting Cube runs.
  • Taksuke - Dreamweaver
    Taksuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'll be honest, I would not be displeased in the slightest if they tweaked the BH system to offer less experience or only one quest per day again. As if our **oracles weren't bad enough, we now have to deal with the up-and-coming Bounty Babies as well.

Soon enough, the entire server will collapse on itself from lack of gold due to all of it being invested in CS, WQ teleports, BH wine costs, and offsetting Cube runs.

u forgot hyper stone b:shocked

but really people time to go and grind for exp like the old days b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<=== thks Forsakenx for the great siggy
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    April Fools!!!

I won't miss him if he disappears for a day. Unlike a lot of people who seem to stalk forums [not pointing fingers but a general statement because the instant the Head Hunter disappears there's four or five posts on here crying about it] I'm not so dependant on the Head Hunter that I have to obsessively stalk forums and make repeat posts of the same thread because an NPC went missing.

You have to wonder what these people would do if they removed the Head Hunter completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I'm being entirely serious. I remember when I used to scoff at "newbs" for wearing their quest gear because they were too thrifty to sport majority TT gear. Now I'll find people running around with gear they were able to scrounge off of mobs during their BH runs that don't even have the full ring of resistances to make them equal to NPC gear. It's pathetic.

This game has multiple dynamics. Level is only a single one of them, and it will by no means make you a better player. Level your skills, earn yourself some useful equipment, toss some shards and refines in said equipment, and then play the game and learn the various things your variables turn you into. I see too many Barbs trying to play DD, too many Assassins wanting to play tank, and too many Venos that don't know how to lure. It's depressing, especially higher-level when various players don't even know that embracing yields chi.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm being entirely serious. I remember when I used to scoff at "newbs" for wearing their quest gear because they were too thrifty to sport majority TT gear. Now I'll find people running around with gear they were able to scrounge off of mobs during their BH runs that don't even have the full ring of resistances to make them equal to NPC gear. It's pathetic.

This game has multiple dynamics. Level is only a single one of them, and it will by no means make you a better player. Level your skills, earn yourself some useful equipment, toss some shards and refines in said equipment, and then play the game and learn the various things your variables turn you into. I see too many Barbs trying to play DD, too many Assassins wanting to play tank, and too many Venos that don't know how to lure. It's depressing, especially higher-level when various players don't even know that embracing yields chi.

Okay, I agree with a lot of this, but also disagree with a lot of it too.

What's wrong with wearing quest gear while you get your TT stuff? I know a lot of people who wear quest gear while working on TT stuff and heck, not all TT gear is that good. My veno will be using TT weapons only until her 90s because frankly TT70/80 arcane gear sucks. I can find better two stars.

There's nothing wrong with a barb playing a DD build or a sin trying to play a tank build. If it doesn't bother you and they're having fun, stop picking on it. It's a game and nowhere does it say "A barbarian HAS to be a tank under all circumstances and they suck if they don't" so lay off the different build hate, please.

I do agree that venos not knowing how to lure plain sucks. You have tame pet lure and pet lure and if you don't know how to utilise either one then yes, you don't make a great veno.

So while a lot of what you said here is true, I don't agree with all of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrankElf - Raging Tide
    DrankElf - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010

WOW... may be you could tell us what archer must do, i order to be an archer?
  • Kiikekun - Dreamweaver
    Kiikekun - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    He Went To The Bathroom Xd
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What I don't like, is gear that's just stupid. Don't wear random white arcane drops with 3 resists and no adds. There is quest gear out there. The rank 1 gear is better than that at level 60 even. And white weapons should really be disposed of as quickly as possible, in my opinion.

As for builds, I'm all for alternative builds, as long as people are willing to put in the effort to know the strengths and weaknesses, and how to play and gear that build first. If you're playing a tank assassin you better be sharding pdef and/or HP, wearing pdef ornaments, etc. I do have a bit of a personal unhappiness with "full attack" clerics (not full magic - that's fine *iff* you play it right), since they tend not to warn their squads, and there's no reason not to level a heal, really. So on that note, if you have a different build, that's great, just tell your squad so they know what you can and can't do.
  • Head/Hunter - Raging Tide
    Head/Hunter - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm alive and well! I had to go learn a new profession. Now I'm a cat merchant b:laugh. It seemed much more profitable.

30m0m4x.jpg
  • Nyano - Sanctuary
    Nyano - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    News from Sanct-
    Head Hunter on vacation.. no clues left.. send help and a snack wagon... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Diangelo - Raging Tide
    Diangelo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The GMs totally rolled you guys. April fools joke ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyano - Sanctuary
    Nyano - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that's what i was thinking, hence the humor of the post lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Diangelo - Raging Tide
    Diangelo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    But did you see how serious this debate was getting? They're all like:

"OMG I HOPE IT STAYS GONE FOREVER~! IT'S SUCH A GLORIOUS THING~! OH INSERT BLIND STUIPIDITY HERE~! I KNOW THIS ISN'T AN OBVIOUS TROLL ATTEMPT BY THE GMS~! OH JOY OH GLEE~! NEVER BRING IT BACK~!"

I lol'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cache22
    cache22 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Maybe the bounty bosses finally figured out who was sending all the hit squads after them, and he had to go into hiding to avoid their retribution.
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cache22 wrote: »
    Maybe the bounty bosses finally figured out who was sending all the hit squads after them, and he had to go into hiding to avoid their retribution.

LMFAO b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cache22 wrote: »
    maybe The Bounty Bosses Finally Figured Out Who Was Sending All The Hit Squads After Them, And He Had To Go Into Hiding To Avoid Their Retribution.

...roflmfao
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Pretty soon you will need to pay for a subscription to receive Bounty Hunter. lolol

Good Riddance. I don't care if he comes back or not, to be honest.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No way! Sometimes I practically live off of BHs. Like when I needed spirit for skills I stayed at level 49 and kept putting exp into my genie and saved up spirit from the bh29 until I had enough for everything I needed.

I would be so pissed if BH required something from the boutique. They are going to ruin the game completely because of their greedyness and its the number one reason why I would quit.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No way! Sometimes I practically live off of BHs. Like when I needed spirit for skills I stayed at level 49 and kept putting exp into my genie and saved up spirit from the bh29 until I had enough for everything I needed.

I would be so pissed if BH required something from the boutique. They are going to ruin the game completely because of their greedyness and its the number one reason why I would quit.

OMG you'd have to play the game as it was originally meant to be played!

EXP addiction much? lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just made like literally half of HT tele to 1k Stream after i WC'd that he was standing in the middle between the sage and demon doors and followed up with a big APRIL FOOLS then run off to the cube b:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    but really people time to go and grind for exp like the old days

ok, so why does grinding gives more (real) exp and makes you a better player?

plain grinding (kill a single simple mob, repeat) is something a bot can do, a very simple bot that anyone could write
    can you write a bot for a bh? i know that i can't
    i find that in bh i learned a lot, more than when i was grinding
    i don't support that someone should never grind, i grind (mainly for money since i never payed any real money so far) and sometimes i learn (especially how to survive when I take aggro from a lot of mobs)
    but i strongly believe that anyone who leveled by just grinding lacks a great amount of knowledge and I wouldn't prefer a "grinding baby" over a "bounty baby"
    of course, someone can train in squads while grinding, or even better in TT etc so in high levels i don't think that it's different
    but in tt1-1/2 i would definitely want a cleric that had BB and i think that there are less clerics with BB that do bh than those that just grind

i realize that the bh system can be abused (high level players helping low level players/alts). i do bh with same lvl squads unless we need (cleric/tank) and my faction leader offers to drop in (b:thanks) or it's also an fb. maybe this should be altered (allow players only from a certain level range, maybe one or two exceptions because some times it's really hard to find tank or cleric)

I don't claim that i'm an expert, this is my main and i have no idea what's going on later.
    I *am* looking for feedback, i am curious about learning why so many people think that bh is bad and i *do* want to improve :)

PS: on the other hand, i would understand why would someone think that Public Quest is bad: i tried 4-5 times (lvl 61-68) and always got 90-110xp
    but well, it costs mana+time
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just made like literally half of HT tele to 1k Stream after i WC'd that he was standing in the middle between the sage and demon doors and followed up with a big APRIL FOOLS then run off to the cube b:victory

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    i'm gonna try in DW xD
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    People want the game to be a typical Asia Grinder? Why don't you shove that elitist attitude up where the sun never shines and just move to such a game?
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    face it people, this game is no longer a grindfest.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like PWI for 2 things:
    1) Triple Bounty Hunter
    2) X2 drop rate

Without every 2 it so hard.

b:thanks please make this 2 things for life b:thanks
    edited April 2010
    I'm not saying that all barbs should under all circumstances be the tank. But when I say "looking for Tank to do TT2-3" and a Barb whispers me only to show up with a pair of fists and light armor, my temptation to find a way to put this player in a computer-induced comatose a la the .**** series rises exponentially.

When I need a DD and an Assassin shows up, stealing aggro from the barb not once or twice, but every opportunity that arises, wasting the time and efforts of my supporting clerics because they don't know any longer who to heal, have to spend time sitting still while they res the said dumb Assassin, etc. my temptation again rises.

If I said I'm looking for a tank, I'm looking for someone that has the capacity to tank. When I'm looking for a DD, I'm looking for someone that does enough damage but can control their output not to take aggro from the tank. If that barb responded to my call for a DD, I would not be displeased, because I am fond of relatively new/obscure/so-called "unviable" builds. I have worked with Light Armor barbs that made effective tanks. I myself am an Arcane/Heavy Veno, and I find it works wonders in PvE because mobs generally deal a certain kind of damage (rare is it that one mob has both powerful physical and magical AoEs), but I wouldn't pretend to be amazing in mass PvP (even in TW I always aimed to make a fight personal to prevent varying damage types and I know my biggest weakness is coming face-to-face with an Archer or a chi'd up Wizard ready to choose between either BT or BIDS). All I want is people to know their role and the boundaries of the role they are supposed to fulfill.

Also, I said that I was displeased "back in the day" when people wore quest gear instead of TT gear, because TT was the desired norm. Nowadays, as it was echoed earlier, people are walking around in white armor with no additional stats that don't even have all five resistances. You could buy better armor from an NPC. Or when the only add it does have is Endurance +25% and it's still the said **** armor without full resistances.

But people can't be bothered to upgrade their equipment or skills when they're busy paying for all the daily quests they have...
This discussion has been closed.