Res Fees? D:

Options
Teppeii - Dreamweaver
Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
I see more and more clerics demanding compensation for their resses, which I find kinda depressing.

Until now, I always thought a grateful thank you would be good enough, but I suppose not.

Whats up with that? Is this becoming standard practice?
On indefinite hiatus :3
Post edited by Teppeii - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    depend on how far/how nicely people ask me.

if its teleporting distance and I know the person, I just ask for the teleport fee.

if its a random jackass I kindly tell him to **** off :3

Youd be amazed at how many 3x/4x's whisper me with "give buffs"

People who have never played a cleric wouldnt understand the **** we get, people have a mindset that we are purely in the game to **** others. Those are the type of people that get asked for fees for clerics' services.

b:bye
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I look at this way, I have to carry rez scrolls and dolls, so should everyone else. Just because someone needs a rez does not mean we have to do it. The least people should do is pay us to tp to their loc. My answer is usually "no go to town", unless your in my faction, and then only if they are close to leveling.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have never and will never charge for rez. Then again, I'm not likely to cross the map to rez people I don't know. Faction members might get rezed halfway across the map, if they're patient enough to wait for me to get there for cheap, and I have no qualms about rezing some random person who's dead while I'm passing by...

...but yeah. Being asked constantly to trawl across the map for rezes can get very disruptive, and expensive if done through ports. I don't blame some people for charging.

But there will always be those of us who are willing to take the time and mp hit. b:thanks

That said, I always suggest that everyone carry rez scrolls at least, and Guardian Scrolls if they can afford it. Because you won't always find someone to help you out; it helps to be independent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is a reason I use a charm...it's so I don't have to pester cleric friends/guildies with "Res plz".

But like all people, cleric's res depends on that person's mood. If their pissed, who knows what might go down. If their "Everything is lovely" then you could be in store for a great surprise.
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is a reason I use a charm...it's so I don't have to pester cleric friends/guildies with "Res plz".

But like all people, cleric's res depends on that person's mood. If their pissed, who knows what might go down. If their "Everything is lovely" then you could be in store for a great surprise.

So true, so true.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why should clerics just jump and waste mana on resurrecting people they don't know for silly mistakes? I know if I die in the field, I just suck it up and take the EXP loss in the face and move on with my life. It is not a cleric's job to try and fix my mistakes from across the map, it is silly.

Then again, it is not like this game is so "death-friendly" as others since self-resurrection items cost so goddarn much. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It would be kind of hard to collect though wouldn't it.When you res them and heal them back up they just take off on you.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why is it that every single day when I sign on I see a new thread debating whether or not to get compensation for a res, if people made the right choice being a cleric or if they are doing things correctly.

Guys, the fun begins when you're above 60 and find the miracle that is called TT, RB, FF, ect, ect.

In any case, I personally think it's stupid to ask a fee to res people because you can't be sure thay will pay you and it's stupid to even think of it, you chose to be a cleric so you could help your party, the res skill is part of that purpose you serve in a squad, or in the entire game for that matter.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unless you are my friend, I am not going out of my way to go res you. And I sure as hell will not respond to WCs for resses or even random fac people dying. My policy is, if you are not within sight of me or are not my friend, then go to town and don't bother me. Sorry, I just don't like having my time wasted.

That being said, I think it's fair to compensate someone for their travel costs there. Just make sure the jerk will pay (i.e. no ressing random people).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol res skill is my last skill i would really lv if i ever start again in party u heal so ppl dont die
    that ur priority not ressing ppl.

few times ppl will die and most of those is just plain dumb mistakes from the player asumming i would heal him more then the tank and he agroing everything he see.

also about me playing cleric is not based cos i wana heal ppl but 2 not waste my own time looking for one.

dont asumme that u knew how ppl thinkb:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a cleric i will try to find quiet spot where no one will bother me.
    As other class and died, i won't ask a friend to come rez me. b:bye
    Usually if i am died on high lv char, i just let my character there hope someone rez me.
    (if i am not inside instance)
    If on low lv just ask for nearby cleric that want to come rez me, if no one come after 2 minute then back to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can certainly understand paying a kind cleric for their travel costs, but I was speaking more in the sense of those who charge a flat rate even if you die right next to them.b:surrender
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can certainly understand paying a kind cleric for their travel costs, but I was speaking more in the sense of those who charge a flat rate even if you die right next to them.b:surrender

that is just dumb. in 101 levels, i have ported across the map, ok in many i use a telestone. but like some have said, it depends on mood and if you are currently busy. if there is nothing going on or i am inbetween things, no issue.

i think the issue has become the demand. clerics will always lose exp and such if they die, while people lay there and wait assuming we will res them in certain situations. no one res's clerics, and as such dolls are generally used, which can add up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    that is just dumb. in 101 levels, i have ported across the map, ok in many i use a telestone. but like some have said, it depends on mood and if you are currently busy. if there is nothing going on or i am inbetween things, no issue.

i think the issue has become the demand. clerics will always lose exp and such if they die, while people lay there and wait assuming we will res them in certain situations. no one res's clerics, and as such dolls are generally used, which can add up.

when I die, i just go afk til a passing cleric rez's me b:chuckle

I die too much to be buying dolls <.<
  • mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Options
    when I die, i just go afk til a passing cleric rez's me b:chuckle

I die too much to be buying dolls <.<

i rarely, rarely die now....if i do it is from 3-3 top boss or from someone else's stupidity (which i have to try and curb). but i am never without 5 dolls on me at all times, the hubby often forgets dolls then goes and pk's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i rarely, rarely die now....if i do it is from 3-3 top boss or from someone else's stupidity (which i have to try and curb). but i am never without 5 dolls on me at all times, the hubby often forgets dolls then goes and pk's b:surrender

I never die in pve unless i get unlucky when a rpker goes after me <.< (happened the other day n died with 15-20 spiders on me) had a doll that time tho ^^.
  • mulanrouge
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I never die in pve unless i get unlucky when a rpker goes after me <.< (happened the other day n died with 15-20 spiders on me) had a doll that time tho ^^.

b:cute should do 3-3 with me sometime, fun stuff b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cute should do 3-3 with me sometime, fun stuff b:victory

<_< im already bored as it is, ill be cutting my wrist halfway thru 3-3 with suicide hotline in the other hand.
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear12
    / gellus - Heavens Tear12 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll never charge for a res. There is no reason, it's my job. I highly dislike going all the way across the map to give a res, and I'll only do so if I have nothing else to do. A few people have INSISTED on giving me some coin as thanks, and that's nice and all, but I don't find it necessary.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Unless I know you well I'm not going to fly across the map to res you. Sorry.

I've demon res now and it's irritating getting harassed by lower level people who die in instances. If I can town - so can you.
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i never charged for a rez and i never will, i wont fly or port across the map either though.

its not a question if or if not ill rez if youre in squa with me, of course i will, well unless you keep screaming REZ! while the tank is in trouble, sorry but if i have lead and you scream REZ! 5 times in 20 secs i might even kick you from squad. i will rez you - as soon as im sure the rest of the squad will be okay, not before that <.<

and if youre a close random person all you have too do is ask in a nice way.

btw, i still dont use GAs and rez scrolls just in some instances, i always town, cause somehow there never seems too be a cleric around when a clerc dies^^ and i defently wont bother friends or faction members for a rez. i made my lvls anyways. so why do some 6x players think they cant town port and have too ask me too fly across the map? they probably wouldnt if they would be a cleric theirselves.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol res skill is my last skill i would really lv if i ever start again in party u heal so ppl dont die
    that ur priority not ressing ppl.

few times ppl will die and most of those is just plain dumb mistakes from the player asumming i would heal him more then the tank and he agroing everything he see.

also about me playing cleric is not based cos i wana heal ppl but 2 not waste my own time looking for one.

dont asumme that u knew how ppl thinkb:bye

We aren't talking about ressing those in a squad here.It is those in the open world that pm us for res.I would lvl up your res as it extends it range so you don't get mobbed and die as well.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • dewiastuti77
    dewiastuti77 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sometimes im tired people asking help for rest or for heal. I have experience when i have to go to cave 10 times a dayb:angry after that i often make auto reply afk. Especially when i think i have enough helping pplb:chuckle they dont know how tired helping all day. go to one town to another just for help.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:sin I'm glad I have a rep of being an **** b:chuckle I don't get my cleric asked to rez.

I stopped asking others to rez me long time ago, don't even bother with GAs anymore. It's so easy to get EXP now, blah. Even if I die by myself somewhere it's no prob getting it bk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suchiiru - Heavens Tear
    Suchiiru - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *noob alert* What do you guys mean by "dolls"? I'm assuming its an item that prevents or lowers the amount of exp lost by dying? b:question
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    doll it s obsolete item you dont bother to use nowadays

it s way cheaper to use dailies as exp loss cover, even on my level
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=/
    gellus - Heavens Tear;7510172]I'll never charge for a res. There is no reason, it's my job. I highly dislike going all the way across the map to give a res, and I'll only do so if I have nothing else to do. A few people have INSISTED on giving me some coin as thanks, and that's nice and all, but I don't find it necessary.[/QUOTE]

The same goes for me.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Darach - Dreamweaver
    Darach - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *noob alert* What do you guys mean by "dolls"? I'm assuming its an item that prevents or lowers the amount of exp lost by dying? b:question

A Doll, while most of the higher levels will either swear by them or hate them choose to carry them or not. The main thing to know is yes, they prevent loss of xp or dropping items in when you die (be it pk or that .001% chance out of pk). As a barb I love em, they come in handy for my play style - though death comes very rarely by now.

*Edit: Dolls by now are called Guardian Scrolls. I'd also assume that the buying price for them (because they are boutique items) is so high, which is why some people say just use your dailies to cover the xp loss. Depending on how you play and spend your coin - that can be a smart and cheaper idea, though not if you are already poor. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darach - Dreamweaver
    Darach - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Tep - if you need a rez, yell in guild if there are no clerics around. We'll do our best to get you. Otherwise i'd town before paying a greedy cleric. There are just some lines you do not cross. A flat rate charge is crazy. Paying a tele fee for the cleric is common sense kindness, but a flat rate just to cast is kinda off the wall... at least in my humble opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i see no sense in charging for 'fly by rezing'....its not really a problem to me, and is in the nature of a kindness to other players.

what i DO object to, and would consider charging for, are rezing idiots insquad, while in an instance. i resent stupidity in higher level players, who insist on doing things that will ultimately get them killed, and possibly lead to a party wipe. that is freaking expensive for everyone, in more than one way. perhaps if there was a penalty fee of 10k-50k in coin, to be paid on the spot, for such things, maybe it would lessen such things happening? perhaps if it were made clear at the beginning of the instance, it could stop rushes, Jenkens and other such idiocies...not everyone has the money to keep buying new charms, and pots by the gross, to make up for stupidities.

I see more and more clerics demanding compensation for their resses, which I find kinda depressing.

Until now, I always thought a grateful thank you would be good enough, but I suppose not.

Whats up with that? Is this becoming standard practice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart