Calamity future plans?

Options
narquel
narquel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Tideswell (East)
First, forgive me that I'm not posting on my main, but this time, i want my identity to be unknown.

I want to ask a question, that probably bugs many people, and I want one of Calamity officers tell me, what are you guys planning IF you'll take over whole map. At this moment, Dreamweaver server is stuck when it comes to TW. What we got at this moment? Neverending fights between Calamity and Equinox, HDT and Kindrid, Dynasty trying to get some piece of land when Calamity is fighting Equinox. This is non-win situation. I call it huge draw. There are many people who want to try TW on equal level, we all know that. More surprises. Of course, someone can say "then make good faction and join the fun", but it's not a solution. No one wants to be in other faction, than those I mentioned(well, maybe Bushido and Vanquish. That's why I wonder, what Calamity will do, if you will win. I'm sure that if you'll decide to do what happened on LC server, many people will stand by your side, just to have some TW fun in future. Of course it's just temporary solution, cause after few weeks, months maybe, situation will be similar to what we have now. But those few months might be unforgetable experience for many other players.

I wanna know your opinions, people.
Post edited by narquel on

Comments

• Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TW is dead unless you're in one of a select few factions, this is old news really
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Calamity has a long way to go before they can own the whole map.
    hai2u
  • narquel
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know, that's why I want to know what's Calamity up to after they'll take control over whole map. Should we support their plan, or rather bomb them with a max number of TWs every week. Do they wanna win to make TW fun for everyone by doing What CQ did already, or maybe they just wanna win to stay as a winner, who need to repair selfesteem. So, it's not an old news, it's a question, and I (we) want to know answer, cause it's important for us, society of smaller factions. We need that knowledge to help them if possible, or make it harder. It's not a threat, and it's not promise. We just want to have fun on equal terms, just for few weeks. I always believed that Calamiity is faction with responsible and wise Leaders, who care for image of whole faction. I also believe, that they wouldn't act selfish, when they can show their nobility. But that's what I think, and it doesn't have to be true. That's why I want to have clear answer.
  • Nisus - Dreamweaver
    Nisus - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well if Cala wanted to take the whole map they could, what is stopping them? In my oppinion I truely think that It doesnt matter. They can do what they want with the land or they can just let it go, either way, ppl are still going to attack them and they are going to defend. Its the way TW goes and there is no real stopping it. Just got to let ppl gather and fight. Thats all there is to it, and if you wanna fight on TW join another fac. Get in TW and fight Cala, they wont stop you.
    (Dynasty Executor)

Asking Questions is fun, its getting the odd answers that is the funny part!
  • narquel
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mmm, like I said: joining other faction isn't solution, that's what people do now, that's what people do for a long time now, does it changed anything? Nope, just still same clash of the Titans. Long time ago, TW was exciting. Many TWs at the same time, some of them were surprising. Now it's old routine.
  • KR_Fang - Dreamweaver
    KR_Fang - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At this stage, Cala is quite screwed. If they go after Dynasty, they lose land to EQ and if they go after EQ, they lose to Dynasty....
    (Ex. dw port for white ridge, and then white ridge for dw port)

There wont be any significant changes until
    1. Cala falls apart...which is highly unlikely
    2. EQ falls apart...which is more likely than no. 1
    3. Dynasty fails to win in tw even when ganking....

So, until then, TW is pretty much EQ vs Cala vs Dynasty...while the smaller factions like HDT, xBushidox and Vanquish play around.

With the pressure from EQ, it will be hard for Cala to do anything for now...
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well if Cala wanted to take the whole map they could, what is stopping them?

Dynasty and Equinox.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dynasty and Equinox.

b:shockedLightaine!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At this stage, Cala is quite screwed. If they go after Dynasty, they lose land to EQ and if they go after EQ, they lose to Dynasty....
    (Ex. dw port for white ridge, and then white ridge for dw port)

There wont be any significant changes until
    1. Cala falls apart...which is highly unlikely
    2. EQ falls apart...which is more likely than no. 1
    3. Dynasty fails to win in tw even when ganking....

So, until then, TW is pretty much EQ vs Cala vs Dynasty...while the smaller factions like HDT, xBushidox and Vanquish play around.

With the pressure from EQ, it will be hard for Cala to do anything for now...

This playing around that you speak of got Dynasty to where it is now b:chuckle.
  • donbo
    donbo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dynasty and Equinox.

thats pretty funny lol
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    donbo wrote: »
    thats pretty funny lol

Why?

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KR_Fang - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This playing around that you speak of got Dynasty to where it is now b:chuckle.

Yea, so even if EQ gets wiped off the map next week, they can still attack in the following week and judging from previous TWs, Cala can only afford to defend one territory at a time. Unless of course every major Cala TW is located on different times. That would be Cala's advantage then. Until then, Dynasty will more or less decides who win or lose. And even when Cala fights Eq 1v1, Cala's victory is not guaranteed.

(Said that cuz Eq gave up a fight to def against Dynasty too...)

Note that this is justa speculation from a 3rd person's point of view. Factions might have their own plans like EQ's relocation....
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea, so even if EQ gets wiped off the map next week, they can still attack in the following week and judging from previous TWs, Cala can only afford to defend one territory at a time. Unless of course every major Cala TW is located on different times. That would be Cala's advantage then. Until then, Dynasty will more or less decides who win or lose. And even when Cala fights Eq 1v1, Cala's victory is not guaranteed.

Note that this is justa speculation from a 3rd person's point of view. Factions might have their own plans like EQ's relocation....

so pro analysis.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rofl, i asked a freind from cala, nu prolly kno Nyte cause of her badass wings, she told me thered be a big party b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

what a joke...how many misfiring neurons u need to make up those things?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its a matter of balancing, like a scale. we need at about 40ppl to beat dynasty, last week had exactly 24. probably add a few ppl every week till we get teh amount to hold them back for 3 hours.

im guessing its 32 and 2/3s
  • WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver
    WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wtvdie wrote: »
    its a matter of balancing, like a scale. we need at about 40ppl to beat dynasty, last week had exactly 24. probably add a few ppl every week till we get teh amount to hold them back for 3 hours.

im guessing its 32 and 2/3s

You're not even in Calamity are you? I mean your fact are always wrong. And Calamity HAD 40 people last time. I mean you just implied that Calamity can only get 104 people on for TW, that doesn't sound right huh? I think you are just a troll that is trying to **** off Dynasty people.
  • halm
    halm Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well they messed up by allowing any one faction to dominate the whole map as even a possibility. PVP should be engaging - capture the crystal is anything BUT. Choose ANY of the Wow battlegrounds and the battles are significantly more complex and interesting not to mention strategically challenging. In all fairness - PWi is free but one assumes they are making money.

PWI's solution obviously has been to create new servers. An apparent wink at players that if they want to have PVP that isn't LAME "is this the week we get steamrolled by Calamity and their squad of level 100's or will we be spared another week so Calamity can figure out exactly WHAT DOES 200 Bazillion coins buy us that we don't already own??? (yawn)

Proper solution IMO would be to limit any one faction to half the map so at least the rest of the factions would have a chance to play in PVP and remain engaged instead of disenfranchised. The ideal way to roll into this should be to DECLARE A WINNER maybe? Let the winner of more than half the map loot the ultimate General Knoxx fort of Mounts and Fashion and RESET the stupid map to begin again. The coin that rolls into other factions pockets during the post-reset should enable to them to compete a bit better since they could then afford upgrades and charms to at least have a fighting chance.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're not even in Calamity are you? I mean your fact are always wrong. And Calamity HAD 40 people last time. I mean you just implied that Calamity can only get 104 people on for TW, that doesn't sound right huh? I think you are just a troll that is trying to **** off Dynasty people.

Actually traffy our attendance last week was rather low, able pull higher usually. 109-112 online online last week for the "gank" and few of those wasnt in war afk or whatever.. 24-28 is the actual number we had in dynasty as we went full force in EQ.

you should stop saying others facts are wrong, when yours arent either.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • KR_Fang - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what a joke...how many misfiring neurons u need to make up those things?

Sorry let me fix that. TW in Dreamweaver is dead. RIP.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sorry let me fix that. TW in Dreamweaver is dead. RIP.
    Way to rain on our picnic.
    Everyone knows it but dont say it. QQ.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Couldn't help but notice HDT and kindred in that list of strugles.
    WTH are you talking about? HDT's last fight against Kindred was like 2 months ago, and we had like 4 fights in total each taking about 10 mins. Only exeption was the last fight where we had gotten so bored with 10 min TW's that we let them win in search of better TWs.
    And hell we got them, the week after that a 3 hour stalemate vs Dynasty. Some time later we won swiftwind after EQ gave it up the week before (waay better fac teleport point for WQ btw), and we fought some good fights against Vanquish and Bushido after that. Now that Vanquish has land far away those are no longer an option, and Bushido has been aiming for Vanquish lately. So we're back to 10 min TWs

Back on topic:
    Yea, it'll be a loong time before Cala owns the map. At this moment EQ has a good chance against them (I gues) cause they own raging tide, giving them an apo pot that alows them to see cala's Sins (probably the reason thay gave up they'r lands at the expantion). Now that Cala is closing in on Raging tide, things might get tight for EQ again. Stealth sins HURT in TW
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Step1: take over almsot all the map-complete
    Step two: force the developers to name a weapon after their faction-complete:
    21dg8io.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Step1: take over almsot all the map-complete
    Step two: force the developers to name a weapon after their faction-complete:
    21dg8io.png

Step 0, name your faction after a well known and powerful weapon

I think Equonix is a name in a molded ornement to, not sure though
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am getting sick of this subjects. Why the heck you don't just ask them :P?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A better question is, 'who cares?' b:puzzled
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    .... Stealth sins HURT in TW

only if you're not full buffed and every defensive genie skill or apothecary is in cooldown. Then yeah, they hurt. Otherwise...nah, not so much.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    only if you're not full buffed and every defensive genie skill or apothecary is in cooldown. Then yeah, they hurt. Otherwise...nah, not so much.
    cleric fully buffed almost got taken down by my sin, about 30 levels lower, and almost completely unbuffed (used my own 15 second ones, that's it). (admitedly no genie or apoth used, but still..)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can't speak for the faction's plans, but mine follow the general pattern of:
    1. Wake up
    2. do a bunch of stuff
    3. go back to sleep
    4. return to step 1
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. Wake up
    2. do a bunch of stuff
    3. go back to sleep
    4. return to step 1

I don't have a step 2. in my day. hmm...