Air vs Ground

Starchief - Sanctuary
Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
So as a bm Ive never attacked a player on the ground while airborn, but since i rolled a psy on archo I went pk as soon as i hit lvl 30. And so I got pked by a random archer, then i flew back to attack him. I was in the air, he was on the ground, i did like no damage and I was wondering in pvp do u do less damage while in the air.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Starchief - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You do 50% less damage to anything on the ground if you're in the air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You never heard about air to ground dmg reduction at lvl 90 b:surrender

You only do half dmg if you're attacking someone on ground while flying. Also if you're fighting someone in air and they suddenly drop of the fly mount, you do half dmg even if they haven't reached ground.

Pretty much how archers and wizards and other squishes avoids getting killed to fast, they drop while flying for a couple of sec so they only get hit for half dmg.
  • StormRageGod - Raging Tide
    StormRageGod - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sHIMBALAIE!
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    at lvl 90 you had just found that out? ;o
    ^ Transcend
    did u just call TigerLily Trancend? ;O
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No, I was giving an example to what Tiger said = Transcend
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was in the air, he was on the ground, i did like no damage and I was wondering in pvp do u do less damage while in the air.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • FOOD - Harshlands
    FOOD - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No, I was giving an example to what Tiger said = Transcend

which are pretty much any decent archer, yes?
    edited March 2010
    If he was good enough he wouldn't have to.
    I saw a video of him in RedRose's 15m PK tourny or w.e it was, showed a video of him in a 1v1 with another archer, Transcend was 1-2 shots away from being killed about 4-5 times, what does he do? He holy paths away/runs backwards, how does this show skill exactly?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I saw a video of him in RedRose's 15m PK tourny or w.e it was, showed a video of him in a 1v1 with another archer, Transcend was 1-2 shots away from being killed about 4-5 times, what does he do? He holy paths away/runs backwards, how does this show skill exactly?

Oh yes archers should hold their ground and tank any incoming damage.

If you had +4/5 gears and a heaven shatterer, and you were up against a rank 8 archer and cash shop gears, what would you do?

Holy pathing away shows skill because it prevented further damage which would have killed him, and allowed his items to cooldown and his charm to tick etc etc, which in turn prolonged the fight.

That, in my opinion shows more skill than standing there and getting killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I guess pressing Alt+F1 takes IQ of 145+ in your view....b:victory

but to answer your question, well, that's called "kiting" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiting_%28video_gaming%29) and mastering this technique is something every wizard/cleric/archer (you know, those classes ppl call squishies) has to do to be competitive in PvP/TW(not all of us can just press Alt+F1 to try to kill someone and flea if the bird dies?).
    And just to make thinks more complicated, mount/unmount flying gear is another way of kiting/reducing damage taken, that combine with holly path is what I call "3d kiting".

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, I don't run if my nix dies in PK, I stand there and take the hits unless there is more then 1 person. Hate to burst your bubble bud =(
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, I don't run if my nix dies in PK, I stand there and take the hits unless there is more then 1 person. Hate to burst your bubble bud =(

So I feel I need to ask this... Why are you dumb enough to let a melee class hit you when your rapebird dies?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    So I feel I need to ask this... Why are you dumb enough to let a melee class hit you when your rapebird dies?

Because apparently it's cowardly and unskillfull to kite away. It's much more skill demanding to tank the hits till death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Because apparently it's cowardly and unskillfull to kite away. It's much more skill demanding to tank the hits till death.

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know! I never would have thought letting them hit me was the way to win! I can't wait to try it!
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Say the word Zan, just say the word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited March 2010
    Because I time my stuns/expel/seals properly?
    Because I have enough HP and defenses to tank hits?
    If you don't like it gtfo xP

Plus in most 1v1's with people, I won't fight with my nix
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    and Mystic is right, i PK with him alot, its the same principle as people telling me as an archer i should kite BMs and that archers cant kill barbs, BS i will stand right in their face an pop metal atts an use damage reduction skills, its not that hard if you know your class
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You don't kite against a 101 BM who hits you god knows how many times a second?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited March 2010
    Nope, because that's my playstyle
    Time your stuns/seal/expels/immobilizations :)
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    and Mystic is right, i PK with him alot, its the same principle as people telling me as an archer i should kite BMs and that archers cant kill barbs, BS i will stand right in their face an pop metal atts an use damage reduction skills, its not that hard if you know your class

So against:

barbs with 30k HP
    BMs with +10 TT100 fists hitting you for 3 attacks/second
    rank 8 wizard
    rank 8 heavily cash shopped archers with diamond of the tigers and drakeflame stones
    etc etc.

How well does standing in their face popping things at half damage while taking full damage work?

Please don't say something like "Because of my in-depth knowledge of my character and my unparalleled skill, I will keep them immobilized indefinitely while hitting them back with my attacks".

Not all players are terrible, and not everyone will just stand there letting you pull your combos off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Keeping in mind HT isn't LC, we don't have any rank 8 wizards, we have 1 r8 Archer who quit the game. We have 2 BMs with +10 claws, 1 is absolute fail, the other is very good. The only Archer who has lots of tiger gems in his armor fails at PK.

So..

Also, metal attacks aren't half damage at close range + wingspan and the other close range laser beam skill O.o
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Keeping in mind HT isn't LC, we don't have any rank 8 wizards, we have 1 r8 Archer who quit the game. We have 2 BMs with +10 claws, 1 is absolute fail, the other is very good. The only Archer who has lots of tiger gems in his armor fails at PK.

So..

Also, metal attacks aren't half damage at close range + wingspan and the other close range laser beam skill O.o

I was just saying it as kind of a generic statement where archers have damage reduction at close range, but you're right of course.

And you're also right that HT isn't LC. That's probably why Transcend plays the way he does. When you've got +4/5 gear and you're going up +10/12 gear, and their shards are several grades above yours, you've got no other choice but to do things differently.

In my opinion, that's not showing a lack of skill. It shows the difference in gear, and how he compensates for that difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Which sucks in a game like this, on a large scale it is mostly gear based, if you have those +10 refines on armor..you can instantly have a low chance of dying.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Which sucks in a game like this, on a large scale it is mostly gear based, if you have those +10 refines on armor..you can instantly have a low chance of dying.

And that makes me sad. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2010

After seeing this and your other posts about just taking damage, I can safely say that you should NEVER play on a pvp server.. you wouldn't last long :)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Lol? You've never seen me PK so..
    I've seen PK on Lost city before a few times, its no different then what it is here.
    13k HP 10k phys def 10.5k mag def, 10k mag attack, sorry I beg to differ that I would fail in LC.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lol? You've never seen me PK so..
    I've seen PK on Lost city before a few times, its no different then what it is here.
    13k HP 10k phys def 10.5k mag def, 10k mag attack, sorry I beg to differ that I would fail in LC.

I've based my comment off what you've said, it is obvious you dont know how to pk. If your stats are really what you say they are, $100 says you cash shopped your gear, and you would fall under the Wadzio/Shinzoko category if your character was on LC.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    1. I have spent $75 on this game, that was well over a year ago.
    2. I am #1 on the PK rankings in HT, explain to me how that makes me a fail PKer

I want my $100 please..
  • harry17
    harry17 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010

<_< something tells me they pk people more then 10 lvls lower than them.

Also gratz on being the #1 pker on a pve server.