Air vs Ground

Comments

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Or you simply can't accept the fact that I'm not fail :P
    Everyone sucks in a PvE server? ha, time to loosen up your ego.
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Archers 1 -3 shot everything in PvP.. end of story no need to discuss more.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Yes of course...b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010

that's only when they have a +10 or more weapon and all sockets on the gear are with att lvl +1 b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Or you simply can't accept the fact that I'm not fail :P
    Everyone sucks in a PvE server? ha, time to loosen up your ego.

Your descriptions of PvP just don't match up to my experiences. If everyone was as bad at PvP as you make it sound, I would be immortal in PvP. I don't believe everyone on a PvE server sucks, but the one's you are talking about do (unless you are exaggerating/lieing about everything). If I were just believing your stories, I would think that every person on a PvE server is 100% predictable and doesn't counter anything you do. I'm left to think that #1 you lie, or #2 everyone on a PvE server sucks.

We are just going around in circles at this point, you are fail for not kiting - it is a simple idea where you take a few steps back to avoid a death.. just because you outgear/outlevel etc your opponents and can beat them with a touch of a hotkey doesn't mean you are good by any means. Go 1v1 someone that knows what they are doing and your dumb fetish with kiting on a squishy class is going to cost you a lot of dolls.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Perhaps your idea of kiting is different from mine
    Taking a few steps back is okay IMO, I do it sometimes as well.
    What I was talking about was purely holy pathing away almost out of sight. That, is fail.

Come watch me PK sometime, you might learn a thing or two b:chuckle
    Don't really care for what you say anymore, if you think I'm fail then that's fine. Everyone on HT who PKs knows me by now, and the majority of them would say I'm a strong PKer.

Btw, if a barb gets to domain my purge, its called expel b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Perhaps your idea of kiting is different from mine
    Taking a few steps back is okay IMO, I do it sometimes as well.
    What I was talking about was purely holy pathing away almost out of sight. That, is fail.

Come watch me PK sometime, you might learn a thing or two b:chuckle
    Don't really care for what you say anymore, if you think I'm fail then that's fine. Everyone on HT who PKs knows me by now, and the majority of them would say I'm a strong PKer.

Btw, if a barb gets to domain my purge, its called expel b:chuckle

Perhaps you don't know what kiting is. I thought you were **** for now knowing how to kite.. now you are just **** for not even knowing what you are arguing about.

Transcend holy pathed out of the way.. and you didn't just sit right on the edge of their range.. if they holy path too, you need to get as much distance as you can while you can still run fast. Transcend just holy pathed out of range while he was waiting for his cooldowns/charm etc. Transcend was/is one of the best archers on the server for his gear (if not the best).. and you calling him fail just shows how little you know about PvP.

So now that we have established you do kite but don't even know that you do.. you do have a chance in PvP, its just that you can't carry on an argument with any meaning. Back to the 1v1 with teh barb.. the best way to survive a good barb triple sparking.. then using 79 anti stun skill and popping an ironguard is kiting. You can obviously use your own ironguard or bramble hood etc.. but that all has cooldowns and it's a LOT smarter to just holy path away and wait for their spark/invulnerable to run out. Then you end up fighting a barb that just wasted nearly all their chi, their anti stun skill, and their apoth pots are on cooldown for 2 minutes.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Perhaps you don't know what kiting is. I thought you were **** for now knowing how to kite.. now you are just **** for not even knowing what you are arguing about.

Transcend holy pathed out of the way.. and you didn't just sit right on the edge of their range.. if they holy path too, you need to get as much distance as you can while you can still run fast. Transcend just holy pathed out of range while he was waiting for his cooldowns/charm etc. Transcend was/is one of the best archers on the server for his gear (if not the best).. and you calling him fail just shows how little you know about PvP.

So now that we have established you do kite but don't even know that you do.. you do have a chance in PvP, its just that you can't carry on an argument with any meaning. Back to the 1v1 with teh barb.. the best way to survive a good barb triple sparking.. then using 79 anti stun skill and popping an ironguard is kiting. You can obviously use your own ironguard or bramble hood etc.. but that all has cooldowns and it's a LOT smarter to just holy path away and wait for their spark/invulnerable to run out. Then you end up fighting a barb that just wasted nearly all their chi, their anti stun skill, and their apoth pots are on cooldown for 2 minutes.

*looks at sig* whats black ice dragon strike? ;o
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited March 2010
    All your skills and other classes are useless when your dead.

Archers 1-3 shot everything

end of story

:) lol
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    *looks at sig* whats black ice dragon strike? ;o

@ I hope ur trollin' :(

Archers 1-3 shot everything

end of story

ok thats just a fail troll.. too obvious xD
    edited March 2010
    @ I hope ur trollin' :(

ok thats just a fail troll.. too obvious xD

adriot, look at your lvl and then look at my lvl then remember what lvl i was since the last time you saw me lol. i'm pretty sure i wasnt around when wiz got that skill.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited March 2010
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    adriot, look at your lvl and then look at my lvl then remember what lvl i was since the last time you saw me lol. i'm pretty sure i wasnt around when wiz got that skill.

Maybe you just don't recognize the name, its the water dragon... 59 2spark skill aoe etc. Sage version is fkn amazing having craploads of damage AND 50% chance to increase your crit rate by 30% for 10 seconds (applies before it drops).. so in TW when you drop this thing, half the time you have a 40% crit rate with an already high damage skill. It's not that uncommon to hit 15-20k crits on people (against LA/HA at least xD.. can also crit 10k+ on arcanes as well.. just depends on gear/buffs etc). I took my sig out of a screenshot of the channeling bar at the bottom of the screen :)
    edited March 2010
    Maybe you just don't recognize the name, its the water dragon... 59 2spark skill aoe etc. Sage version is fkn amazing having craploads of damage AND 50% chance to increase your crit rate by 30% for 10 seconds (applies before it drops).. so in TW when you drop this thing, half the time you have a 40% crit rate with an already high damage skill. It's not that uncommon to hit 15-20k crits on people (against LA/HA at least xD.. can also crit 10k+ on arcanes as well.. just depends on gear/buffs etc). I took my sig out of a screenshot of the channeling bar at the bottom of the screen :)

oh i never seen it being called black ice dragon strike. :O
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    oh i never seen it being called black ice dragon strike. :O

Haha figured as much. It's usually abbreivated BIDS (you better not ask what that stands for) or dragon etc. Anywayz ya xD
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Btw, Trobneziuq is not trolling. I would love to see Mystic-Night just stand there and not kite his archer demon sparking. I am sure he could time it right, so that genie/hood is on cd... Believe me, I had some nasty encounters with him in pk/tw. Sometimes he almost managed to kill me in TW when I had Dew Star on and was Holy Pathing away.. (But he still doesn't like my bids, I guess b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Quizenbort , you're in TW with the archer or the Sin now?
    Anyway, Quiz hits like a freight train, and I doubt Mystic-Night will stand 3 hits from him with all the soul transfusion and other tricks venos have.
    If he stuns you, you're dead.
    I haven't seen his gear recently, but I remember him having all sockets with att lvl+1 stones (DoD?).
    Just think about an average of 3 sockets - about 20-21% damaga increase just from that, factor in a +10 lunar bow and there u go the recipe for trouble. He didn't had a lot of HP, but hey, whatever he did fit his style: hit before getting hit. Archers have the biggest range in game, so not too hard to stick to that philosophy. He might have refined his gear since I saw him last time so he might have gained something in survival department, but he was doing fine just kiting around.
    Obviously, hitting a LA with a BIDS will hurt like hell (even more if a undine/poison is involved) no matter what gear and how much refines u have on it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Basically that. In TW it was a matter of who caught who by surprise... Sometimes I was dead in like 2-3 seconds, sometimes he dropped to a bids (one time like 13k :p).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010

My Archer 1-3 shot everything

end of story

Corrected >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow whats up with these people that dont kite/drop in pvp O_O

You normally only have about 3-4 lifelines depending on class and if you have 2-3 sparks or not: dmg reduction/immune pot, genie skills and class specific skills. Venos and cleric having the most ones due to 79 skill like feral concentration. Also your own stuns and other controlling skills such as sleep.

As an archer for example you can not really tank other players for more than 1-2 hits which means you have to resource with the lifesavers. In between the cool downs and lack of chi you have to kite or you will die.

How ever im guessing on a pve server you dont have people decked out with +10 gear, rank8, +12 Nirvana and 4 socket savant stone. So you might actually be able to kill other players without kiting since you can tank a few hits.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just had myself a cheesy fiesta potato b:shy
    edited March 2010
    How ever im guessing on a pve server you dont have people decked out with +10 gear, rank8, +12 Nirvana and 4 socket savant stone. So you might actually be able to kill other players without kiting since you can tank a few hits.

No we do. it doesnt save you.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    No we do. it doesnt save you.

if kiting doesn't save you, you are doing something wrong >.>
    edited March 2010
    if kiting doesn't save you, you are doing something wrong >.>

you miss understood. i am saying all that gear doesnt save you from being 1-3 shot.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you miss understood. i am saying all that gear doesnt save you from being 1-3 shot.

Of course it wont save you, nothing can save you from being 1 shoot. You can have 30k hp as barb and you will still get 1 shoot by 100+ wizards and other barbs.

Everyone that has less than 15k hp will get 1 shoot quite often in pvp actually. All it takes is crit/zerk on magic doom skill or Armageddon and you're dead. Which its why its so important to kite, you dont wanna be chain stunned with domain on cool down while tanking Armageddon.
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The way people underestimate the ones in PvE servers is hilarious.

Not everyone in a PvE server is a noob...

EDIT : QQ wrong avatar
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Kiting and non-kiting, individuals preference.

In many great wars, the rulers have always said, the wise ones are those brave enough to flee.

You dont just stand there like a doofus cause u wanna prove a range can beat a melee in close-combat. Period ! We weren't meant to tank, that is y u are called a range char. *OH **** YOU JUST LEARNED SOMETHING KNEW*

And if you can can keep winning a BM while standing there tanking as a range char, then you are probably up against a pretty dam lousy BM. For those of you who dis kiting cause u call it being unskillful, please please please find a good BM user, or one who has the same standard as u, u'll start re-reading the Kiting threads.

-- I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A PRETTY DARN OLD THREAD, BUT READING SOME PEOPLE'S PRIDEFUL AND IGNORANT OPINIONS, HAHAHAH , MAKES ME WANNA SAY SOMETHING ----
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

In many great wars, the rulers have always said, the wise ones are those brave enough to flee.

You dont just stand there like a doofus cause u wanna prove a range can beat a melee in close-combat. Period ! We weren't meant to tank, that is y u are called a range char. *OH **** YOU JUST LEARNED SOMETHING KNEW*

And if you can can keep winning a BM while standing there tanking as a range char, then you are probably up against a pretty dam lousy BM. For those of you who dis kiting cause u call it being unskillful, please please please find a good BM user, or one who has the same standard as u, u'll start re-reading the Kiting threads.

-- I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A PRETTY DARN OLD THREAD, BUT READING SOME PEOPLE'S PRIDEFUL AND IGNORANT OPINIONS, HAHAHAH , MAKES ME WANNA SAY SOMETHING ----

QFT b:laugh
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Abceed - Lost City
    Abceed - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    scary stufffffb:chuckle
    edited April 2010

i once got called a fail archer pssy n1gger for kiting a 9x BM QQ D: