Who thinks...?

Options
Failureeee - Lost City
Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
All these "ease" of leveling devices are possible not to ruin the game, but to prepare for a level expansion? Simple question...
Post edited by Failureeee - Lost City on

Comments

• Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was telling it time ago. Look at ecatomb or pwdatabase. There is listed conent up to 120 iirc.

Cheers
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *slowly claps ands* and the light bulb lights up...finallyb:chuckle
    jk i dunno :/
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luciferis - Lost City
    Luciferis - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pardon me?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    same thing as ruining the game, a game with no challenge isnt a game worth playing.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's been stated many times in the past that PWE has no plans to raise the level cap. Besides, even with these new "leveling devices" no one is even close to reaching the current level cap.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yxh%20(202).gif Name

Yes no maybe I don't know could you repeat that question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Obviously they're making it easier (and hypers being more geared toward higher levels) to get closer to the cap for that very reason, but everyone can see it coming. Not exactly a revelation here.
  • ndnz
    ndnz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It might happen who knows
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah like idk how you could hyper a lvl 100+ since it would seem imo that frost would be worthless just cause the lvl differences in character and mob, and i've heard something about 3rd map grinding. but yeah the AH has like 130+ stuff so maybe they're just preparing and getting people used to exp boosters since you need an ungodly amount to level even at 103...
  • Luciferis - Lost City
    Luciferis - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they will either add more exp instances or an exclusive one Frost-like for 100+ and will allow players to use 10 hyper stones for x30 exp or something like that.
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's been stated many times in the past that PWE has no plans to raise the level cap. Besides, even with these new "leveling devices" no one is even close to reaching the current level cap.

How many 100+ do you know that actually try leveling just to reach cap?

Now tell me if you could get better gear than event gear at say 120....how many would actually try?
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Level cap rised = new high level content. It would be silly to raise cap without content.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

And who would want to? There is no reason to go beyond 100 really. 67 million EXP to get to 101 says enough to me. It simply states : boredom ahead if you choose to level.

Sure I do BH but not for EXP.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All these "ease" of leveling devices are possible not to ruin the game, but to prepare for a level expansion? Simple question...

This topic again *sigh*.

It's not going to happen. What's the highest level on any server? 102? 103?

Here's how much experience is needed per level in this game.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    :/ dont raise the level cap :/
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Level cap rised = new high level content. It would be silly to raise cap without content.

Keyword= Prepare.........for level expansion.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah like idk how you could hyper a lvl 100+ since it would seem imo that frost would be worthless just cause the lvl differences in character and mob, and i've heard something about 3rd map grinding. but yeah the AH has like 130+ stuff so maybe they're just preparing and getting people used to exp boosters since you need an ungodly amount to level even at 103...
    Raise that number. More like 102+ it's worthless, mostly because the xp will be a drop in the bucke-- I mean, ocean, plus adding the cost of 5 hyper stones each time for 12x. At 100 and 101 it's still worth it, if you badly want to level it past 100. At this level the best xp will come from the later mobs and especially the bosses, the latter of which no character can pass yet in levels therefore they will always be decent xp with hyper.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Take a look at it and then decide. No way it's happening.

• Failureeee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Take a look at it and then decide. No way it's happening.

You think they would not add a new higher lvl instance equivalent to frost?
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You think they would not add a new higher lvl instance equivalent to frost?

This thread is not about whether a new instance will be added but whether they are going to raise the level cap.

Looking at the required experience per level there will clearly be no need to raise the level cap for years to come.

On the subject of a new instance, I believe that's a real possibility. In fact, I suspect that it will only be in this new instance that groups of 10 will be allowed. But only time will tell.

So now we'll sit around and wait whilst they slowly dribble out information to keep us coming back to the forums to hypothesise and argue on matters we know nothing about.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This thread is not about whether a new instance will be added but whether they are going to raise the level cap.

Looking at the required experience per level there will clearly be no need to raise the level cap for years to come.

On the subject of a new instance, I believe that's a real possibility. In fact, I suspect that it will only be in this new instance that groups of 10 will be allowed. But only time will tell.

So now we'll sit around and wait whilst they slowly dribble out information to keep us coming back to the forums to hypothesise and argue on matters we know nothing about.

I agree. We don't need rise level cap. If they do that new gear would come also with better and better stats. So When I will be able to get best gear in game? NEVER because when I get to level to wear it, it will come another newer and better again.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Guh.

Isn't it like 200+ million exp to get from lvl 101 to 102? I can't imagine trying to level after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Guh.

Isn't it like 200+ million exp to get from lvl 101 to 102? I can't imagine trying to level after that.

267 mil b:shocked

Raising the level cap is easy they could either

A) Introduce high level FF runs for stupid amount of xp

Or

B) Lower the Xp needed per level post 100 (its only as high as it is because it forces a soft cap)

Level 100 > 101 is say 65mil ish . So instead of needing 267mil for 101 they could make it

101 >102 70mil

102 > 103 75 mil

103 > 104 80 mil

etc etc.

But meh not to worried about a higher level cap. Since its would be pointless with the serious lack of endgame content the game has.

So hopefully the new expansion increases that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

This thread is precisely that. It's about a level expansion, frost being the major leveling instance, Wouldn't you think they add a new higher level, leveling instance like the aforementioned? To accomodate for the already stated extreme amounts of exp. Seems on topic to me...
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What im thinking is that the current values for experience are the actual experience you need to get the maximum level regardless. Aside from 100-101 all the levels can be sperated into at least 5 levels worth of experience or more, thus what they could do is the following..

In theory...
    Make 100-101 now = 100-102
    Make 101-102 now = 102-107
    Make 102-103 now = 107 - 115
    Make 103-104 now = 115 - 125
    Make 104-105 now = 125-136

This would mean that your current exp after level 100 would auto adjust to the new level it would be afterwards, thus not skrewing over anyone who actually got over 103 by suddenly making 103 easier to get. They would become level 107+ after the update. They could then introduce additional leveling mechanisms to make it easier to get the massive total of billions of exp in a realistic time frame. No new non npc gear would really be added (aside from legendary), considering the current Nirvana is already grade 15, the highest grade possible. Of course a massive content upgrade would also be required, since there are not very many mobs over 110, and no fbs over 110 that exist currently (and can be accesed). With new leveling methods they could also possibly increase the exp total required, and make the exp needed for 105 only stretch to 125 or something. The fact I believe genies get 1 affinity per level at 100+ supports this fact (havent busted the spirit to prove this). 5 affinity points = 25 genie levels = 125 player level of currently implemented exp.

I believe this kind of progression would be logical because making the levels worth so much exp now would allow people to actually work on leveling past the current levels for later on without going past the in game content. They can just adjust how much exp is equivalent to leveling later, so if someone got 105 now they would turn 136, as opposed to losing all their effort and rage quitting the game. This also prevents making the current exp too low to the point people can no longer gain more exp, and rage quit the game because they ran out of leveling.

Actual Evidence to support the fact level cap will be raised...

-FB 109 exists, but is not yet implemented
    -level 110 potions, as well as items requireing over 105 to wield exist
    -Huge wealth of information about higher level gear on various fansite that obviously was not completely made up.

Anywho thats my take on this whole issue....
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options

^^OP
    This thread is precisely that. It's about a level expansion, frost being the major leveling instance, Wouldn't you think they add a new higher level, leveling instance like the aforementioned? To accomodate for the already stated extreme amounts of exp. Seems on topic to me...

Sorry but clearly my reading comprehension skills are a bit rusty.

I should have read 'level expansion' as 'new instances for high level players'.

b:surrender
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's ~536m. for me to get to 103 ._.
    496m to go lol. not doing anything besides marriage quest anymore.

I would be kinda annoyed if they lowered the ammount req to lvl... Worked my **** of lol...
    Introducing other items to help speed up lvl, I don't mind. Just a quirk of mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but yeah the AH has like 130+ stuff
    So do the forges. : )

On topic: FtP games are often about expanding their player base rather than taking care of the exsisting one. Although I do believe the lvl cap will eventually be raised, I don't think it will be any time soon and certainly doesn't have much to do with the exp items on the boutique. I believe cash shop items like hyper stones are aiming at new players more than at high level ones, although since the new ways of gaining exp (e.g. BH, Oracles and Hypers), one does not rule out the other. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh noo i would hate for this game to turn like Jade Dynasty, where your nothing unless your over lvl 100 b:shocked
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who know what might happen. b:chuckle
    Maybe we will got a surprise . . that might make people happy or sad.

Like a sudden system announcement before maintenance :
    Good afternoon PWI, after these maintenance we will introducing new game contents.
    Congrats for those who reaching lv 105 we will give you a big surprise, we going to have a new instances on a new continent and higher lv mobs there will giving you much more exp than you ever get before almost ten times.
    Good luck on your new journey on other side of Perfect World, PWI team.

Then suddenly the announcement say = " Thank you for playing BETA Perfect World. "

Everyone surprised and realize how big was Perfect World actually, people gaining new hope and fun to play the game.
    People with lv 105 character then try playing on the new continent, then found out lv up to 106 is just like lv up to 31 there. b:laugh Good thing the new continent only available for those with lv 105+.
    So it really a new journey.

(these taken from a manga xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...