Genie skill Expel

Fanfer - Sanctuary
Fanfer - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
What's an ennoying skill, this genie skill called expel is the worst i ever seen in pw, its absolutely unfair
Post edited by Fanfer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It immobilizes the target whilst making them immune to physical damage. Go nuke them with magic or something? >_>
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    personally i think expel is one of the best genie skills you can ever learn, it saves me from so much stuff, like dragon + emps, perd and it completly screws over assissans, soon as i see that blue circle next to me, expel. resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist, they force steath and run. GG. b:chuckle
  • Fanfer - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    yes thats right but what about thoses class like assassin or bm thats dont have magic attack ?
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its fine except for the fact its used as a griefing skill. Other then that it is a completely fair skill

And Fanfer if thats the case guess what? Thats why it does that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How is that an unfair skill? I love it! Pop up my barrage and then activate the skill, I get about 8 secs of physical immunity :D You can cast it on your tank to save his/her life if the melee boss is about to kill him so his hp can recover a bit (let the person know first though). I cast it on a cleric while she was in BB because she BB too soon and aggro all the mobs in the room in FCC, it didn't interrupt her BB just as it didn't interrupt my barrage. It's the second best PVE genie defense skill there is in my opinion, 2nd to absolute domain.
  • migalia
    migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yes thats right but what about thoses class like assassin or bm thats dont have magic attack ?

just use bramble rage, or thunderstorm, or hey theirs the genie fire skill to reduce metal res followed by thunderstorm :). and as for defencive skills I still use Absolute Domain, saved me many a times in TT's vs random agro and such and it don't discriminate physical vs magical (but a shorter duration most likely)

edit: I got ninja'd in calling out AD
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010

Not every genie skill is for every one to use....you are forgetting there are genie skills that are restricted to certain classes...how I wish I can have the ones that only a barb, wiz, or bm can learn...but I make do with what I can have
  • migalia
    migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not every genie skill is for every one to use....you are forgetting there are genie skills that are restricted to certain classes...how I wish I can have the ones that only a barb, wiz, or bm can learn...but I make do with what I can have

lol oh skills as op like balance, and the stone skill for barb (cant move but def goes up a sh*t ton) and the veno's force a soul transfusion on somebody else. awsome skills
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    I am not sure what the problem is BMs and barbs have True emptiness they can just reduce all kinds of damage from magic. Sides expel seals the target so they can't attack you so just wait until you can attack Phys classes have stuns for a reason.

Soul transfusion is useless unless you have a 100/100 genie with great gear. Even then the energy cost is insane so it takes forever to be able to use it again. It is a novel skill at best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    migalia wrote: »
    lol oh skills as op like balance, and the stone skill for barb (cant move but def goes up a sh*t ton) and the veno's force a soul transfusion on somebody else. awsome skills

Yes :P like those skills...the only thing an archer has is stunning blast that only immobolize for 5 secs -works for targets 5 meters away....which a high level barb or bm with some attacks that can still reach you 5 meters away.
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Expel maybe the best thing ever added to the game from a wizards stand point.

Huh how about that, maybe the game designers don't hate wizards after all. LOL that's just crazy talk, of course they do.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I dislike the skill based on the fact that it can be used on a outside target in ways not intended.

For example you and some friends are fighting a world boss and some loser comes along and expels your cleric... you all die.

This is not what the skill was intended for it clearly states "friendly targets" that means just like a barb casting his buff the effects should not work outside a squad. This skill has been used as a cheap way to stun people in TW or so I'm told and I'm sure if it got changed tons of those people would be pissed off... but the poor squad that dies at a WB because of it would be happy.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    I dislike the skill based on the fact that it can be used on a outside target in ways not intended.

For example you and some friends are fighting a world boss and some loser comes along and expels your cleric... you all die.

This is not what the skill was intended for it clearly states "friendly targets" that means just like a barb casting his buff the effects should not work outside a squad. This skill has been used as a cheap way to stun people in TW or so I'm told and I'm sure if it got changed tons of those people would be pissed off... but the poor squad that dies at a WB because of it would be happy.

You cannot expel enemies in TW as far as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010

It cannot happen. You cannot expel any1 anytime. So nobody cannot expel cleric on PVE server no way if is he blue name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It cannot happen. You cannot expel any1 anytime. So nobody cannot expel cleric on PVE server no way if is he blue name.

This is false. In PvE, there are no "unfriendly" targets. Just like you can buff anyone at any time, you can do the same with expel. Only in duels and TW are there players designated as unfriendly targets.
    edited March 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    This is false. In PvE, there are no "unfriendly" targets. Just like you can buff anyone at any time, you can do the same with expel. Only in duels and TW are there players designated as unfriendly targets.

BS. I tried it today. So don't tell me this. If is player blue name you cannot expel him. I think only if he is in your squad. My squad members expel me in RB to protect me and I still was able to do DB. But I will try it today gain. Maybe I was too far. We will see. But I'm 100% sure that you cannot expel any1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wtf, yes you can expel blue names, it is very often used as a griefing tactic on WB(expel the cleric to kill tank, expel tank to steal aggro, expel veno to kill herc), or when a veno is tanking a boss( say blackhole) some jerk comes and expels them so herc dies
    it is the most abused skill in game at least on HT[ pretty sure this should qualify as an exploit and harassment and should be bloody well bannable] (Hell mumi, ive had your faction mates use this on me during wb, so quite sure it works, but that is a matter we can take to PMs)

from a non griefing standpoint its lovely in pve though
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A luck. If they begin to do magics attack, barb will be MORE easy to kill, the buff of BM +physic res or magic res of the BM will go down more quicly.

No, no and re-no!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Fanfer - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    this skill is the most abused in game, on the description of the skill its say 'For non-hostile units', so it shouldnt go out of squad, its a glitch. Some ppl use it even on blue name cleric to make the squad get wipe while doing WB
  • Medeina - Heavens Tear
    Medeina - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i was once expeled while killing world boss by a "friendly" person..
    nevertheless, this is one of the most usefull skills in rb.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    BS. I tried it today. So don't tell me this. If is player blue name you cannot expel him. I think only if he is in your squad. My squad members expel me in RB to protect me and I still was able to do DB. But I will try it today gain. Maybe I was too far. We will see. But I'm 100% sure that you cannot expel any1.

YES YOU CAN b:laugh
    Expel maybe the best thing ever added to the game from a wizards stand point.

Huh how about that, maybe the game designers don't hate wizards after all. LOL that's just crazy talk, of course they do.

This skill also makes an archer while grinding in map 3: old valley of the scarred as over powered as a veno with a nix on map 2 mobs. :D
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I'm sorry you're wrong. You can expel blue names. as it targets freindly targets, not enemies. And it has been done to me on my Veno, so my Herc dies from lack of healing, and then i die. likewise its done to clerics so the barb dies. It is indeed used & often by asses & jerks to greif.
    edited March 2010
    I'm sorry you're wrong. You can expel blue names. as it targets freindly targets, not enemies. And it has been done to me on my Veno, so my Herc dies from lack of healing, and then i die. likewise its done to clerics so the barb dies. It is indeed used & often by asses & jerks to greif.

But he has to be in your squad right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

No, was done by a member completely outside the squad simply to kill us. Using Expel in this way is a form of MPK (monster player killing) and is a form of exploiting & greifing. However showing evidence that it occurred is hard. But its both happened to me, and i've seen it happen to others, by people entirely outside the squad. A "freindly" target is anyone who you could cast a buff on, the game considers Expel a buff in the same way. In squad, out of squad, doesnt matter, expel can be used on any player thats not flagged as an enemy (TW opponents, Duelling opponents, thats about it).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010

it was me... i was in his squad but i didn't like his veno much so i expeled her... and blamed on some random outside of squad.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited March 2010
    it was me... i was in his squad but i didn't like his veno much so i expeled her... and blamed on some random outside of squad.

<_< Ignore the quote above. He wasnt even there. It was someone in our nemesis faction (best way to phrase it without explicitely naming). I dont want to same any more for identities as i'm not going to "name & shame".
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Try changing your buff filters. If you can use Frostblade on them then you can use Expel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2010
    Try changing your buff filters. If you can use Frostblade on them then you can use Expel

You right. You can use expel on any1. I was too far when I tried first time.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toonsurfer - Sanctuary
    Toonsurfer - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am going to have to get this skill now, i think this teamed up with my psychic will skill will make people realy hate fighting me b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fcplopes - Heavens Tear
    Fcplopes - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yea cant we do anything against these unfair things? rly guys that skill can destroy ppl's fun playing PW. I cant do worldbosses anymore without being scared that som1 appears to do such a dirty thing. I will know record all my worldboss kills, but thats sucks if u have to do it all the time. and there are lots of ppl who dont know that smth like this is possible.
    pls gms modify the skill a lil bit to prevent such things from happening

sry for my bad english