Party ol' Wipe

Futurelord - Dreamweaver
Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
First Thread ever made! woot!!! okay okay where do i start? hmm.. on yes.

If everyone dies "Protecting" you when you can handle things alone, is it really your fault?
b:angry i mean really, is it so hard to leave things be?b:cry
b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
Post edited by Futurelord - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    um thats why i dont try to save clerics unless i really care about the cleric.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not really your fault, but meh.

I call it second nature when I rush in even with my assassin to save a cleric from getting killed, even if they can/should be able to handle it themselves.

The cleric should stay alive at all costs, but he or she can't stay alive without a meat-shield of some sort, taking all the damage, from a SNOT load of mobs. They can easily handle themselves under the right circumstances. ;)

So it CAN go both ways.

EDIT: (Edited something that's now in italicize)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Not really your fault, but meh.

I call it second nature when I rush in even with my assassin to save a cleric from getting killed, even if they can/should be able to handle it themselves.

The cleric should stay alive at all costs, but he or she can't stay alive without a meat-shield of some sort, taking all the damage.

So it CAN go both ways.

I like the first sentence better, the second makes it sound like they cant protect themselves at all. But i agree, stay alive at all cost.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like the first sentence better, the second makes it sound like they cant protect themselves at all. But i agree, stay alive at all cost.

You are indeed right it does kind of sound like that, ill fix that.... asap...

I know plenty of clerics that can handle themselves pretty well, but they can easily get overran by mobs, as can all other classes, but if any other class does get overran, and the cleric hasn't healed/doesn't have too many mobs to contend against, then that is nice for the cleric, and for the rest of the squad, no running back if the cleric doesn't have a res scroll, clerics can handle one or two mobs alone a lot better then 5+ mobs after them, though the same could easily be said about other classes.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As a sin I have a problem with "giving" aggro to clerics...

I'll go in, get 2 or 3 mobs or something in an instance... and the cleric sees me take a hit and starts channeling a heal about the same time I start channeling to go invisible. The heal fires off and the aggro switches to the cleric.. suddenly it's a "save the cleric" battle.

I learned to instruct clerics to NOT heal me unless they see me running. If I'm standing still, I am channeling to go invisible.

It's not so much the clerics fault as it's a overall issue of the assassin class and people getting used to the abilities.

I was in a PK or be PK'd room in the cube the other day and took down someone 20 levels higher than me without an issue... mainly because they had no idea what to do to defend against an assassin... Stun, immobolize, decrease atk speed, stun again... DD til dead. It was like a deer in the headlights...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    So true, But when the day come that a heavy cash shopper beat Harpy Wraith with a cleric im sure we all will be bragging for the next 100 years.b:laugh
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As a sin I have a problem with "giving" aggro to clerics...

I'll go in, get 2 or 3 mobs or something in an instance... and the cleric sees me take a hit and starts channeling a heal about the same time I start channeling to go invisible. The heal fires off and the aggro switches to the cleric.. suddenly it's a "save the cleric" battle.

I learned to instruct clerics to NOT heal me unless they see me running. If I'm standing still, I am channeling to go invisible.

It's not so much the clerics fault as it's a overall issue of the assassin class and people getting used to the abilities.

I was in a PK or be PK'd room in the cube the other day and took down someone 20 levels higher than me without an issue... mainly because they had no idea what to do to defend against an assassin... Stun, immobolize, decrease atk speed, stun again... DD til dead. It was like a deer in the headlights...

Most of the clerics should know that they take agro when they're healing people who haven't hitted to the mobs which got agro on them. Atleast I just let people die if they don't take agro from mobs, since its much easier to just revive them than go to town myself and loose exp. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
    edited March 2010
    Then we have the trouble of everyone saying we cant heal, we fail, bla bla bla. Much love. b:bye
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Both sides of fighting styles in this game, melee and magic, have weaknesses in their opposite. In a squad it is the duty of the melees to protect the magics from melee mobs and the duty of the magics to protect the melees from the magic mobs. Within reason of course, you are supposed to rush to help when someone runs into trouble regardless of whos fault it is.

Besides, as long as the cleric has even 1 HP, nobody in the squad has truly died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i've learned four things

1) if someone is getting mobbed and someone doesn't AOE those mobs...don't do anything. Its often easier to let people die, run away, and then come back and rez them. I use this judiciously though, since people can get upset.

2) it seems that dealing with crowds mobs is a BMs job in any dungeon. BM's got a lot of AOEs and lots of defense. They're probably ideal for the job. If they don't realize this, they're kinda fail.

3) A cleric should be able to tank a few mobs if neccessary( like 1-3, but not 20+ phy attack mobs)

4) BB solves a lot of problems, if many squad members are getting mobbed and most of the mobs have been agrooed.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I aggro anything, I expect my party to watch my back -- and then I'll watch theirs. I have this big delay when it comes to healing myself because I'm usually watching the party list like a hawk. By the time I notice my own health, switch to my own icon, and start spamming heals ---- I'm usually dead. And then my party will hear me grumble and grumble as I drag my **** back to town.

That being said... I'm not sure how I can handle something that has the potential to cause an entire party wipe O_o
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I reckon if the cleric is good, they're worth saving. Any other squad members can kiss my fishy butt. :3

But theres times when you shouldn't. For example.. Bh51, someone aggros fushma when we don't want to fight him.

If you let the person die, de-aggro. WHOOP.

But nope. I'm a real sucker for male clerics. I even save the bad ones. :(
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherlina - Harshlands
    Sherlina - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Besides, as long as the cleric has even 1 HP, nobody in the squad has truly died.

Much love for that remark from a cleric who loves her job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    TBH i don't fully understand the OP. A full party wiped protecting the cleric from a scenario he would have survived on his own? Really, this must have been an absurdly incompetent squad... In fact i can't really think of what said scenario would have involved. Barb, Bm and Veno should be able to handle multiple phys elites (which i don't see Clerics being especially profficient at, or else i've wasted a lot of my time and xp towning with Clerics or going back to an instance's entrance to guard them) and in fact all other DD classes should be at least as capable as a Cleric in handling strays and such.

If they blamed the Cleric then maybe the squad was taking shortcuts and a certain someone aggroed something he shouldn't have...

It sounds arrogant man. If you can handle it chances the rest of the squad can manage too. And seeing the consequences of having a Cleric die i would say it's always better to have someone else try. Even if the guys you squaded with were noobs their instincts (protecting the Cleric) were in the right place. WTF is this about? Care to clarify?
    edited June 2010
    TBH i don't fully understand the OP. A full party wiped protecting the cleric from a scenario he would have survived on his own? Really, this must have been an absurdly incompetent squad... In fact i can't really think of what said scenario would have involved. Barb, Bm and Veno should be able to handle multiple phys elites (which i don't see Clerics being especially profficient at, or else i've wasted a lot of my time and xp towning with Clerics or going back to an instance's entrance to guard them) and in fact all other DD classes should be at least as capable as a Cleric in handling strays and such.

If they blamed the Cleric then maybe the squad was taking shortcuts and a certain someone aggroed something he shouldn't have...

It sounds arrogant man. If you can handle it chances the rest of the squad can manage too. And seeing the consequences of having a Cleric die i would say it's always better to have someone else try. Even if the guys you squaded with were noobs their instincts (protecting the Cleric) were in the right place. WTF is this about? Care to clarify?

Wow i forgot i even made this thread. To clarify, It was a bh39 first boss. For some reason they had it in their head that a lvl 80+ cleric couldnt handle it so they all swarmed in and got killed by aoe while i was in the middle of a badly slowed (slow debuff lol) tempest that would have killed all the mobs in 1 hit. Necroed my own thread lol.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    am i the only cleric with alphamale on his genie? lol plume shell plus alpha male and stack ironheart until barb can roar. why all clerics seem to be afraid to take any dmg is lost on me, maybe its just the complete lack of skill required to get high level now?
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver6
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver6 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Holy ****** necro
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Holy ****** necro

lol good call, i need to start checking thread dates before posting
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's just instinct to protect the Cleric. Anytime I see the Barb die and all mobs/boss head for the Cleric, I instantly put Alpha Male up and run my **** forward to stealth out.

P.S. DON'T NECRO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ffs s.t.f.u. with that necro stuff.. it was op who rezed topic

@Cenminatol

lol alpha male.. kinda interesting but -uhh- extreme?.. i can knowingly aggro mobs with seals or heal but alpha? b:shocked

it s hard to get mobs from u then.

i guess it apply when doing lower lvl instances
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Umivee - Dreamweaver
    Umivee - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Future.. if anybody had to save the only Cleric I know who walks into danger..

The World has ended.
    edited June 2010
    Future.. if anybody had to save the only Cleric I know who walks into danger..

The World has ended.

b:shocked How did you find out where i live?!

And i don't "walk" into danger i run into it....or tempest it as the situation allows..

... Except those times when i didn't feel like running and walked...moving on now...