Possible Event Prizes - What would you like?

Options

Comments

• Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    possible event prizes in my opinion would be good as:

- Old book pages
    - Pages of fate
    - Shards
    - Skill books
    - mirages, but, in any case, lots of them
    - hp food or pots

but, if you guys wanna give a big event id suggest:

make a public quest like system, where every1 who contributes gets some of it, the one who contributes the most gets like... 10m... or... 100/50 OBP or like that, and the followers keep going down till getting just a flawless shard

thats just my thinking
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So what does that have to do with event prizes and monster drops?

Wait, that's totally it!

Monsters should drop packs. =)

you buy the new petition packs to get the old packs removed then once enough petition packs have been brought the old packs get removed :D

[/sarcasm]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Magic Hamsters which troll forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why answer this question?...

If we do answer it, what is the likelyhood it ends up in the cash shop at some point where we get charged through the nose for it?

What people want depends on what is available, and on the ways people find to work around certain requirements they face in-game. If you add something that is very hard to obtain or make something available to everyone, people will just want something else.

Really... how many players actually expect they will get warsoul equipment at some point anyway? Maybe 10 on the entire server? And what if they get it?
    If the point of the game is to obtain stuff, then at some point you got everything or nearly everything and the game ends for those players who invest most into it.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmmm

If I had my choice, I'd recommend something like:

Skill pages (Apoc and Mystical)
    Tome Frags/Pages(whichever one isn't purchasable, I don't recall)
    TT mats of varying level. Maybe a random gold mat or something
    Rep badges(Much needed for F2Pers)
    The small reward charms for lower levels. (Don't bother at higher levels, cause it's basically a two tick affair)
    Frostcovered/Old Heaven's tear mats
    Mysterious chip packs.
    FB wines(maybe)

And, though you said no cash shopping, I think Perfect Iron Hammers would be a FANTASTIC contest prize every so often for lower levels.

The main reason I suggest these prizes is because they provide an equal footing for F2P and P2P players alike, which is something that PWI has lacked in the last few months.

Good to see our new CM is jumping in with both feet. Kudos. Cube event today was fun, though I ran outta cash and willpower when I died in room 39. :( Hope to see more free(in-game currency based) events often, they offer some of the best fun IMO.
  • Phenoix - Heavens Tear
    Phenoix - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i would like to see tt mats ,frost mats , skill books ,potions , apoth pages ,tomes , molds , wine , gems and gems shards, plus a few other things but i can't really think right now ..

the lvl would dictate the prize though
  • Atem - Harshlands
    Atem - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Old Book Pages
    Frost mats
    Lunar mats
    (as i think of more ill keep em posted)

Also try and make the times more reasonable. The last event time seemed to suit everyone although it weas still a lil late for me it was much better than the horrid TW times x_x

I would edit this post and add warsong city items too
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    • mats from different instances
    • skill books
    • apoc pages
    • molds
    • wedding wine
    • shards

just my 2 cents b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Skill books, gems, money b:dirty, substances, exp, spirit, rep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pesticide - Archosaur
    Pesticide - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Fruit for Pet Bag extension
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how about no more events until all the regular events are going, i miss the tourney on thursday nightsb:cry
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    would be good one of these imo O.o

5 hyper stones
    10 dragon orbs 1*
    2 plat charms 1 of mp n one of hp o.o
    bank or inventory stone (not the max one tho the max one would be cool b:shutup)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    would be good one of these imo O.o

5 hyper stones
    10 dragon orbs 1*
    2 plat charms 1 of mp n one of hp o.o
    bank or inventory stone (not the max one tho the max one would be cool b:shutup)

Even though these are cash shop items?

Maybe I missed a GM post somewhere but I'm pretty sure the original outline was no CS items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aw ruined my hopes then b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - Stacks of HP/MP foods. And maybe some revamped version of decent strength Purple pots/Beautiful Changs Mantou that can be piled higher than 100.

- Retooled charms like the ones that you get from Treasure Hunt that activate at a lower percentage (like the 90k MP charm that activates at 50%). Attack/Defense charms would be nice too.

- Blessings of a significant duration (think Jone's Blessing, but not necessarily that strong).

- Either decent-but-not-grossly-overpowered-gear (like...3-star NPC stuff with good adds or more pieces like Emerald Meteor/Silver Crescent), or end-game strength temporary (1-week?) gear.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL
    I guess the devs are having a hard time finding good rewards for their virtual Skinner Box now they made leveling so easy

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

b:shutup

PS. I'm really not that cynical, but asking us what our favourite poison is? Come on... get creative Franky
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - unreleased or existing rare land/flying mounts (panda, 9tail fox)
    - high level/ rare weapon (or warsoul fragments)
    - high level/ rare gear
    - pre-upgraded weapon/gear
    - unreleased fashion
    - Pre-determined genies with high lucky points (50/50, 60/70, 80/90, 90/100) Auction off one of each so it appeals to all levels
    - Rare tomes such as: The Goldsmith's Tale
    - 11 or 12 star dragon orbs
  • TERMINATION - Heavens Tear
    TERMINATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol random TT, lunar, or frost drops ^_^ celestones, elite arrows, perfect stones, high lvl dq items, reputation related items, tokens of luck ^_^
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Full Warsoul weapons, Mysterious Chips, ecstasy cards, ink for skill books, molds not available in game, rotating cogs, gold TT weapons and armor, mastery pages for the mastery skill books, lvl6 tomes, Dexterity Material (and others from card bosses), cards to unlock card bosses, attendance sheets, full gold genies, genie cubes (lvl9 or higher), tickets for genie gear, xp orbs like those for BH 100. And can't think of anything else currently. b:laugh
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Massive quantities of Sadness Cards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The interesting things have already been demanded in here.

So what may interest me?

- Old book pages
    - pages of fate
    - Chrono page

thoses rares to almost inexistant drop rate items

- Demonol / purgatol
    - Some Molds that actually are only obtainable through DQ / or 0.006% chances on random mobs
    - Gold medals from Trophy modes

and those others

- candy
    - Reput badges
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see some Mysterious Chip Boxes (like 50 chips, or 100 chip boxes) in maybe a multiply of 5-10.
    Maybe Tokens, though I know coral packs give these so....idk if we can do them.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How about Chest of Coin drops? Those are great to get and everyone opens them up...........

Seriously. I think if you could make some of the things that you don't see often or at all in the game, like different types of pages to use at the forges in 1K streams to make skill books that would be neat. Saw someone say aerogear tickets. Also a cool idea. I really like the skill book idea because it's pretty lousy to go so long without new skills and then when you go Sage or Demon it still takes along time to get new skills.

Also other things listed for lower level players who participate would be nice like dice tickets, mirage stones, shards, chips, etc. Not everything has to have insane rare value. If more things of lesser value dropped we'd feel like we were getting something at least. Then throw in a few rare drops.

I would really like you to take a look at some of the rewards you currently have and how worthless they are. Like my joke of Chest of Coins. That is a joke. I'm sure you can run the numbers to see how few (if any) ever open those chests. It has zero use as a reward. Might as well give us nothing. Just make sure what ever you implement here doenst follow that same path.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think that millions of coins would be a nice prize.

I would not object to full stacks of each kind of dq item for whichever highest level of dragon quest I could do for my current level, either -- for my current level, I could npc them for 2 million coins or I could do several dragon quests and then sell my orders and my leftover dq items and still probably get 2 million coins.

Of course, 60 million coins would be a nicer prize than 2 million coins, but I doubt I could win a contest that offered a 60 million coin prize -- the competition would be too stiff and hardly anyone could get that kind of prize without hurting the server.
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Chests Of Gold :o
  • HowlingWolf - Raging Tide
    HowlingWolf - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I do love the rare molds from the dq orders like the penetrator bow i really want it for my archer but no fking person sells it on RTb:angry

aand some hell skill books would be nice

LOTS OF MONEY

Can the event not be on Friday plz make it on a saturday sunday so people that have classes to attend etc and dont live at the same time peak can enjoy the event b:dirty
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How about stuff from warsong as prizes, to pimp our genies out. As no one ever does warsong....

or how about a few level 6 or 7 tomes as we can't take those ourself. At least lvl 6 tomes aren't available in packs or in game any other way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear
    AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It'd be really good if the prizes could be like
    TT rare gold mats
    or rare mats in general

or it could be like a type of blessing box, where it gives the person that's using it a ..lets say 5 hour time for 2x EXP and doesn't loose exp when dieing (doesn't clash while in pk mode, so you still drop stuff etc.)

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~MysticAve is Recruiting ^^ b:victory~
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Warsoul Fragments ^^ Dissagree with the skillbooks, they aren't that hard to get. Do Cube, do Delta. That's what I did. Anyways. I like the tome idea, and the Aerogear tickets. And the Warsong stuff for genies. Although on my server people actually do Warsong.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • sheiol
    sheiol Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    -Skill book from 109 Not dropping (hope a patch will fix it soon)

-For the rare molds we HAD some cool Mobs dropping them ....

LEGION GENERAL b:victory

Legion General: Feligar = Shady blade (lvl 42 Sword)

Legion General: Hsiong = Ghoul Bane (lvl 71 Club)

Legion General: Ghostlord
    Legion General: Gaurnob
    Legion General: Cenecuus
    Legion General: Gargantakong
    Legion General: Drake
    Legion General: Rockarer
    Legion General: Scarlarer
    Legion General: Snowlarer

We have 10 Legion Generals Not spawning anymore dropping cool RARE molds, impossible to get, only this mob drops
    Spawn 2-3 each and everyone would be really happy b:kiss

b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.