Possible Event Prizes - What would you like?

Options

Comments

• abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    something totally new

a 'double drops' charm

this way, irrespective of level you use it where you want to boose drops/money

the tier of prize could be how long it lasts - 1/2hr, hr etc

i say this cause im broke and need a quick 50mill for new armour and a tt80weapon, so chop chop, I need it YESTERDAY
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    -skill books for sages and demons...

-lotta the higher end DQ things that sell for ~4k, makemonsters drop lots of these such as the things in the legion attacks

-merit badges, you know those exp items the legion monsters drop too

-wraith officer badges and dog tags

-contest for a supply of FB wines, in the form of large amounts of those ones you get from weding packs and trade at the match maker

-weapon and armor molds, tired of high priced elite leather molds!

-mysterious chips

-GOLD TT/LUNAR mats, i need ancient devil souls for my BM ):

-frost gold gear

and another catshop contest... where the GM would hide in a catshop among a town or wilds, and had a rare item for 1 coin. I WON ONE OF SANCS FIRST BLACK RAPTORS THAT WAY 8D!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    'Rare' items. Or, things that normally drop after certain mobs are killed.

Dragon orders (All tiers). Or a mold of a person's choice.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    all I want is:

GM w/ GM cape be your slave for a day.

That is all.
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - Demon and sage skill books. Really, more of these need to drop in places and if it's not going to happen anywhere else in game then in an event would be just fine.

- If you're going to make DQ items drop, try and implement the higher to highest end ones, and lots of them too. After all if you go through a whole event and end up with one of these, which is 4k at most, you aren't going to be happy.

- Rep! Dog tags, wraith officer badges, hell maybe even darkness stamps of some kind. Seriously, let's see some rep. You could also include the merit badges that the legion monsters sometimes drop because hey, a bit of EXP is always nice too.

- High end shards.

- Maybe some of the rare TT mats, like TT gold for the higher instances, and rarer molds too. Ones that hardly ever drop.

- Pages if you aren't going to implement actual skill book drops.

The only problem with all of this is, while it's great to see you've been improving your events one after the other and learning from them, people are still going to come to these events in masses, so even while you're trying to find out what players want, unless you work out an apt way to organise drops so everybody gets the smallest bit of something at least, players are probably still going to be unhappy.

It's my only thought in all of this.

You start dropping stuff like skill books and uber rare TT mats or mold drops, you're going to have even more people than normal flocking to take part in the event, meaning that people are still going to end up incredibly unhappy.
    I know you can't please everybody but it's something that needs to be taken into consideration when looking at what monster or randomly spawned boss is going to drop what, and how much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    109 skillbooks
    dq and other rare molds
    high end shards
    exclusive gear
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    stupid packs to be gone
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    stupid packs to be gone

So what does that have to do with event prizes and monster drops?

Wait, that's totally it!

Monsters should drop packs. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I want a new wife b:chuckle

Kidding :p

But please make so that we can choose from a set of items... Just like the reward from BH100 II b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Secret letters
    Apoc Pots
    Apoc Charms
    Pumpkinhead pills :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It would be cool if the winners of the events could choose their prizes from a few, like molds, armor and weapons, etc.

And everyone who participated and did something useful should get something (even something pointless like 5 mirage celes) + the items should be non-tradeable and worth only around 50k if NPCd so the people who get those uber-rare items wouldn't be millionaires instantly.

And it would be more useful if the prizes matched the persons level, for instance, if you're a level 72 cleric, you can choose from a few items made for clerics around level 70. I totally hate those quests that give me an armor piece I can't wear or sell so I just have to npc it for 5k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It would be cool if the winners of the events could choose their prizes from a few, like molds, armor and weapons, etc.

And everyone who participated and did something useful should get something (even something pointless like 5 mirage celes) + the items should be non-tradeable and worth only around 50k if NPCd so the people who get those uber-rare items wouldn't be millionaires instantly.

And it would be more useful if the prizes matched the persons level, for instance, if you're a level 72 cleric, you can choose from a few items made for clerics around level 70. I totally hate those quests that give me an armor piece I can't wear or sell so I just have to npc it for 5k.

This.

Although the idea of the Apoc pots that sleepcat said and the fb109 books that LadyofReal said would be awesome too =)
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    skills book b:victory , or every mat you need to make them
    money >.<
    big reputation badges
    And the best over all fix that cleric mag def buff lol b:chuckle
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    abcyang wrote: »
    something totally new

a 'double drops' charm

this way, irrespective of level you use it where you want to boose drops/money

the tier of prize could be how long it lasts - 1/2hr, hr etc

If an item like this was available im pretty sure that it would be in the Cash Shop
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sat about a mid-ranged mount or something?

land mount +6/+7 (lvl 10 req)
    flying .8-1.8

"drop" charms (small charms, formerly emerald)

and I agree with the double-drop thing, but a book perhaps?
    training esotera like items but lower gain and time. example: gain an extra 25% for 1/2 hour
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mirage celestones (big amounts)
    Rare mounts
    Equipment

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • VidaLove - Heavens Tear
    VidaLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lucky Points for Genies b:surrender

Pigments b:cute

More Fashion b:cute
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How about something like diamond charms?(would be better than plat charms and are only event rewards) 8D you guys think bigger or how about some of the aero gear that hasnt been released in game yet like dark lord (not dark night), or fadeing beauty. Or mounts like the white panther (i was told its a PQ reward but idk if its true or not)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    Ecstasy Card(s)
    OHT Mats (I liked that idea)
    Apoth. pots
    Molds
    Celestones
    Dolls (those were available without cash shop with Jolly Jones)
    Pages of Fate
    Old Book Pages
    Skill Books
    Shards (flawless, immac, perfect...)

..... and Tideborn 79/Sage/Demon Skills Pleaseb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • m1ssallsunday
    m1ssallsunday Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All the above and also pet skills would be nice. But mostly in events like monster siege I would like to see free drops and not it going for just a few players pls b:thanks
  • Cyrsandra - Heavens Tear
    Cyrsandra - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how about a herc or a nix for prizes? free lvls for all lol
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    non-cashshop...?

dq orders
    pages
    scarlet fruits
    genie xp cubes
    hmmm maybe an all-class pet which is usually only a mob? like kowlin, ratchet jagmech (?), sage antelopes, lunar lupins.... the ones that can't be made by mrs. zoologist (I know that would be useless for venos...) or XD make mounts a lot smaller and use them **** all-class pets... would be cute to have a tiny bad panda following you ...or a crimson cockatrice^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Anything but Mirages. We have enough Mirages as it is and it's impossible to sell them at a decent price anymore. XD

So wait... they aren't allowing you to give us anything from the CS? And that doesn't strike anyone else as a little bit penny-pinching? -_-

There aren't too many commodities that are entirely free of the taint of the CS. Hell, even those Mirages can technically be purchased (Celestone Box?)... Scarlet Fruits... any kind of normal mats...

I guess TT mats would be exempt though. Oh, that actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Give us TT mats, or maybe Frost/Lunar mats if you ever decide to enable them again... or Nirvana crystals. I can't wait to hear the elitist-rage over that one. XD

Dragon orders would be good, too. Preferably in bulk quantities (perhaps an event where everyone earns several, but some earn more than others based on performance/luck ?). Nobody ever does DQs anymore, so... yeah.

EDIT: Swift Whitewind, Crimson Leaper and Dark Charger are all mounts that cannot be obtained through CS means. They'd be fair game too. :D

EDIT 2: I support Sunday's post at the top of this page about Pet Skills, as well. Maybe even a few rare ones to lower the insane prices of those skills at the moment.

EDIT 3: Rare pet eggs for venos? Or all class versions? Maybe that'll cut down on the greed and savagery that sometimes goes on at those pet spawns... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    non-cashshop...?

dq orders
    pages
    scarlet fruits
    genie xp cubes
    hmmm maybe an all-class pet which is usually only a mob? like kowlin, ratchet jagmech (?), sage antelopes, lunar lupins.... the ones that can't be made by mrs. zoologist (I know that would be useless for venos...) or XD make mounts a lot smaller and use them **** all-class pets... would be cute to have a tiny bad panda following you ...or a crimson cockatrice^^

i'd like a small version of soulripper from TT 2-x as an all class pet. something abt the size of a huggy hare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Chrono Pages pl0x.

Apocalypse pages too I suppose.

Ultimate Subs are a pretty cool guy too.

Apothecary doesn't afraid of anything.

I herd u liek shards.

By the way, I lol'd hard when you said nothing out of cash shop. There is basically nothing in this game that can't be bought anymore. Not levels, not gear, not special DQ rewards, not even manufacturing anymore.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Book pages of all kinds

Celestones of all kinds

Gold TT mats

Ultimate Subs

Event Food

Rare Pet Eggs (frogs, bunnies, turtles, crabs, bears)

Rep tags of all kinds

Perfect stones

Cube prizes (boxes, OHT mats, etc)

And one suggestion, if you haven't heard it a thousand times already.

Map-wide distribution of Event Mobs. The *only* way to prevent massive lag, and make it possible for all classes and levels to participate equally.

Doing it any other way makes it nearly pointless, and will irritate more than it pleases.

Xmas event all across Arch: Not bad. Falling snow in Arch to triple the lag: Bad

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    slightly off topic

can there be an announcement when there is a wraith attack like there used to be so that we can enjoy these mini events that are already there. I know duke was shut up about the pack stuff but at least the wraith attack announcements were useful

back on topic.

has anyone said socket stones yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vymph - Heavens Tear
    Vymph - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how about a herc or a nix for prizes? free lvls for all lol

That violates the first term of the rules...
    herc and nix are cash shop items b:bye
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sack of Observation b:chuckle

Might as well **** those under lvl 100 over as much as those above.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dragonling Essence?? b:dirtyb:dirty

I Second This
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.