Mages, not worth it

Options
13»

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no im not being a troll. he was saying that the dmg was different between the 2 skills, which is wrong and what made him more wrong was that he posted a link to ectatomb and clearly on ectomb it says the dmg is the same.

b:shocked
    well then it just be a bad case of mistaken identity.
    b:chuckle
    he was quoting another person.
    he didn't post up anything about 2 skills. "nexus56" is the idiot you want.
    xD

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nexus56 View Post
    is the guy you want....b:surrender

the only thing howler did was post a link to ecatomb fansite.
    xD
    nothing wrong with that.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you are a wiz and you hate it, you suck.

Simple really. If you don't know how to play a wiz, you die.
    Not like a veno, where you just sent in your pet and hold the heal button, or a barb, where you just hit away until it's dead, or a cleric where you just use a couple of IH's and you can tank any mob dmg.
    When you make a single mistake with a wiz, you die (unles your charmed or use genie heal)

A mage is a real challenge, keeps you on the edge.
    Also, a high lvl wiz **** everything. It starts to get fun at lvl 60 (atleast than the real fun begins, laughing at barbs who get hit for 1k when you get hit for 200 in the swamp. If you know how to play the whole wizzy life is fun)

So, to wrap it up. If you don't like being a wiz, what the F are you even doing here?

Thank you Sirro.
    to OP: The way it seems, you probably aren't using your wiz right. In other words, before you try to say a mage sucks, try getting to be a high lvl, then see your opinion. Personally, I have no problems being a wiz. Sure, in TT runs, we may not get as much respect as we should (go figure -.-) But other than the way other classes treat some of us (namely people of other classes that don't know what they're talking about) I see no problem with being a wiz. So as everyone told that QQing barb in GD, If you don't like it, change your class.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you fking love colouring arent' you ....
    chose a damn thing that ppl can read without selecting your post.
    Or better, use black for text, would be better than this

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you fking love colouring arent' you ....
    chose a damn thing that ppl can read without selecting your post.
    Or better, use black for text, would be better than this

Well excuse me for typing this out on my wii, where even with a tv with a bad resolution, I can see this perfectly. Besides, you're the only person to complain, so why don't you try fixing your screen instead of complaining?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well excuse me for typing this out on my wii, where even with a tv with a bad resolution, I can see this perfectly. Besides, you're the only person to complain, so why don't you try fixing your screen instead of complaining?

Well tbh I can't read it either--it comes out very dark on the laptop screen. Ursa is just the only one goofy enough to rage about it. b:surrender
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You post on the forums via wii? Go Kane! XD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well tbh I can't read it either--it comes out very dark on the laptop screen. Ursa is just the only one goofy enough to rage about it. b:surrender

you need a better laptop screen.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wiz = cler damage

... if wizzies just had gush and basic skills

fortunatly we do have other stuff.

..just undine ads another 40% damage and when we r lvl 100 another ...well depends on your mana, but once we r there mana/100 % (a lot of %)

..we also got sutra.. more dps

also at most lvls cler has one spell at the lvl where we got 3, while cler wait for cooldown we just cast another spell..

but sure.. ..if we din t use ults, undine, sutra or anything other than gush, pyro and alike then we would just be a cler without heal and buffs.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wiz = cler damage

fortunatly we do have other stuff.

..just undine ads another 40% damage and when we r lvl 100 another ...well depends on your mana, but once we r there mana/100 % (a lot of %)

..we also got sutra.. more dps

also at most lvls cler has one spell at the lvl where we got 3, while cler wait for cooldown we just cast another spell..

but sure.. ..if we din t use ults, undine, sutra or anything other than gush, pyro and alike then we would just be a cler without heal and buffs.

clerics plume shot has like a half second cool down and its like a mini BT only that it uses metal really....and most clerics just spam plume shot and they also have cyclone thier version of gush...and wield thinder thier version of stone rain.......
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Perplexitie - Harshlands
    Perplexitie - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +1

We deal most damage end game (aside from a barbs armageddon). Speaking of end game, people who play wizard are all about end game.

Currently b:laugh
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Also, Wizards have a variety of different Element-based attacks, giving them greater versatility against any elemental creature, increasing their damage output in more situations.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    clerics plume shot has like a half second cool down and its like a mini BT only that it uses metal really....and most clerics just spam plume shot and they also have cyclone thier version of gush...and wield thinder thier version of stone rain.......
    yeah, but they all do metal dmg (except Plume with phys).
    And once you get on the 95 gear, plume shot is as useless on us as is our gush on them. you can spam it, but with no results, they can spam it, no results. A plume shot hits me now between 700-850. Same as my gush hits on any cleric. But BT hits upward of 3k, 4k often. A cleric spamming plume shots needs 6 to kill me without crit/charm tick/genie heal. That's a looong fking time.

PvP 1v1 on vitality clerics the fight will last for a while. On FAC is not even funny how fast they die. PvE wise cleric has more survival if it gets in oh-**** moments but it doesn't even comes close in how easy a wizard can take down mobs. Only cleric advantage is AoE grind on poison mobs. Nothing to scoff at but AoE grind was made pretty much useless with rebirth (everyone and their mother know how to beta-gamma) the addition of BH and FC being dumbed down so every 85+ can do it. In beta and below range zhen is still a good option especially for LA wiz.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wiz = cler damage

b:laugh
    Seriusly, this guy is funny. Did you knew that spamming pyro+gush has the highest dps for a wiz?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because my level 78 cleric friend just hit 10k crit.

I am level 54, and at level 52 I hit 10,662 crit.

That's why.

Im a cleric
    I hit 10k crit on lvl 50 :), now im lvl 57 and hit 11k crit.

My normal attack dmg is around 4k-5k.

Sorry for necrob:surrender
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thunde88 wrote: »
    Im a cleric
    I hit 10k crit on lvl 50 :), now im lvl 57 and hit 11k crit.

My normal attack dmg is around 4k-5k.

Sorry for necrob:surrender

extreme nerco but lets compare wizzard skill black ice dragon to any cleric skill
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can't remember which is was, sage or demon, but Cleric Tempest at lv.11 has a 10 second freeze chance, which is pretty damn nice, I prefer sage ice dragon though for massive damage.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nexus56 wrote: »
    1 i am a mage.
    and
    2 i checked that website and im right

compare any cleric spell to rank 10 Sandstorm or glacial snare, then compare cleric tempest to our ultispells and come back when you have an education
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can't remember which is was, sage or demon, but Cleric Tempest at lv.11 has a 10 second freeze chance, which is pretty damn nice, I prefer sage ice dragon though for massive damage.

Yeah, demon cleric has 25% chance to freeze for 8 seconds with Tempest. The chances aren't great but its nice if it does proc.

Nice necro thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizards FTW! b:victory
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nexus56 wrote: »
    Great cyclone lvl10:
    base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6.

Gush lvl10:
    base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6.

You DO realize that's one of our lowest damage skills that we use, right?