assassins are leeches?

Options
Alliptica - Raging Tide
Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Im a sin. I was in bh39 with 3 other sins, a bm and a cleric. When we got to farren, us 4 sins were just standing back watching the bm and cleric duo bcuz every time we tried to attack we died. Which is kinda funny but also sad. And theres no point in using a bow bcuz our range is not long enough to get out of the aoe b:cry
-retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
Post edited by Alliptica - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol xD

Solution :

Beautiful or flawless garnet shards on your armors with P.DEF in gears. Problem solved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You can still contribute. Pop Deaden Nerves and Focused Mind, run in, Rib Strike, and run back out. You shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 AOE hits, and the tank will take much less damage while it's active.

Still hilarious though. Also, you should still use a bow to DD, just run back out of range and heal up after each AOE.

Ignore Yulk. His advice is consistently impractical, terrible, or both.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    THE FOLLOWING ADVICE IS VERY MISLEADING.

Beautiful or flawless garnet shards on your armors with P.DEF in gears. Problem solved

Beautiful or Flawless shards? At their level? That's practically telling a low level Archer to refine his\her armor and shard it (along with his\her weapon) because mobs seem to hit him in melee and his damage is halved.

Anyways, I wouldn't consider it leeching. If you only have 1 Cleric for an AoE boss, you have to improvise and make so that squishies don't interfere. Don't blame your class\yourself =P Just have to work with what you can (until you get to a higher level and you're forced to kick a squad member for not knowing how to do so and so).
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol. I dont even think their 5x gear can be imbued with flawless or beautifuls...

But anyway. I have a sin and at because hes pure dex he also had alot of trouble at low levels. But as u advance and do begin refining and sharding to make up on ur lost HP from being pure then u wont feel so much like a leech.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Beautiful or Flawless shards? At their level? That's practically telling a low level Sin to refine his\her armor and shard it (along with his\her weapon) because mobs seem to hit him in melee and his damage is halved.

Anyways, I wouldn't consider it leeching. If you only have 1 Cleric for an AoE boss, you have to improvise and make so that squishies don't interfere. Don't blame your class\yourself =P Just have to work with what you can (until you get to a higher level and you're forced to kick a squad member for not knowing how to do so and so).

He/She is a Sin not archer. lol

Other than that I agree with you statement since it would cost a lot of unnecessary money to refine low lvl gear and it would be a waste of money since you lvl pretty fast doing BH's so, Yulk's suggestion is wrong. Adding shards to your gear at such a low lvl is a bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He/She is a Sin not archer. lol

Other than that I agree with you statement since it would cost a lot of unnecessary money to refine low lvl gear and it would be a waste of money since you lvl pretty fast doing BH's so, Yulk's suggestion is wrong. Adding shards to your gear at such a low lvl is a bad idea.

I know he\she is a Sin but I was explaining that Yorkin's advice was stupid.

Oh and I forgot to add that 1 cleric with 4 DDers in a squad at such a low level (referring to Alliptica) is called suicide if you don't have a good tank or controlled DDers.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    his AOE doesnt hit as hard from range. so if you were useing your bow and still dieing....then you probly forgot to equip your armor
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can't understand sins who have problems with those AoEs.

The only one problematic is Rankar's for me since he has a long range AoE (not too high damage) and also a close one with massive dam. Never ever had problems with Farren or Wyvern like some say.

Blood paint up and double spark (in wyvern's case) constantly and I recover all damage from the AoEs with them. This is for bh's however, when I am at least 10 levels above the instance's difficulty.

I also did fb39 at around its level tho, Farren wasn't any problem except had to drink 2-3 healing pots when HP was going a bit down. I don't understand why people prefer to die than drink some pots when in a party with cleric, especially when you know cleric can't heal you cuz of keeping tank alive on a tough mob/boss.

ppl drink lots of mana pots when needed, I don't get why not hp too also when needed b:surrender
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is a l2p issue. /thread
    kthx.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to add that 1 cleric with 4 DDers in a squad at such a low level (referring to Alliptica) is called suicide if you don't have a good tank or controlled DDers.

I agree solution don't take to many dders with you 2 or 3 is enough let the rest be spell castors a Wizards would good in that squad.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the "bloodsuck" thing that pops up on Bloodpaint heals. XD

But in any case, HP pot?
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im a sin. I was in bh39 with 3 other sins, a bm and a cleric. When we got to farren, us 4 sins were just standing back watching the bm and cleric duo bcuz every time we tried to attack we died. Which is kinda funny but also sad. And theres no point in using a bow bcuz our range is not long enough to get out of the aoe b:cry

lawl wats your physdef?
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm wondering, dont rememebr any probs with farren aoe when my sin did bh39's o.O, was dd'ing.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    only problem in pve for sins is against twilight minister QQ
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but farren is magic...

nu wai still your mag def should be 1k higher then your phys def
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but farren is magic...

-.-; i never once had an issue with any Bosses and i am almost a pure Dex build i added a few vit points but i also shard my gear
  • keyshey
    keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hmmm
    if the barb was tanking then farren should be doing physical attack most of the time, and with rib strike it should only do AOE once in a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have seen sins who sit back and do nothing at AoE bosses, but frankly I find the majority of this is caused by a lack of knowledge of how to play, or a lack of care to help.

First step to overcoming AoE: get yourself a bow. If you don't know how to deal with an AoE close up - and some bosses will require you to stay at a distance anyway - then your first port of call is a bow. Then you should be out of most AoE ranges.

Second step to overcoming AoE is to learn when an AoE is coming. Bosses have certain animations they will perform when they do an AoE and they will also AoE within a certain time span, as it were. For instance, Rankar's long range AoE is signified by the fat guy jumping into the air. Admittedly, learning the timing is more important than learning the animation, but if you know what animation can signify an AoE you can know to pot or something.

The third step is learning what skills you use to survive the AoE if all else fails.

I hate to say, as an Assassin doing BH39, you should be able to deal with Farren and help the squad rather than sit around and leech, and if you cannot do this you seriously need to consider just what you are doing wrong, because I assure you, you're doing something wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't know myself if Farren is magic or physical. But Alliptica ignore the trolls that just laugh in your face and ask for your defense values just as a sing of humiliation. She made this thread asking for advice and help, not to be laughed at. So trolls, this is not the place for you b:bye

Will try to help you a bit more now. Ok first of all you should have decent gear to not get into trouble. I don't mean doing expensive stuff, but trying to use nice quest & rank items for now, and for those that are outdated and can't find replacements, try searching at the Auction House for good 3 stars with nice stats and/or sockets. Buy them if they're cheap, ignore otherwise.

I don't have anything refined either except my daggers atm, and some necklace which I bought cheap from AH (already refined). Both +1 only though. But I did fill all my sockets and I advise you to do the same. Don't spend too much though, use either quest rewards (got many level 5 shards like this) or buy up to level 4 ones (I use mostly level 4 and rarely 3). Level 4 aren't too cheap but not expensive either, affordable in my opinion without losing a lot. And may help you grind/level up/kill bosses also. Use mostly HP and pdef/mdef shards, don't bother with Evasion.

And last but not least use healing pots when you see your hp going low even if you're in a party with a cleric. Do NOT wait for cleric to heal you, you'll die many times. Because keeping tank alive is a hard job at some bosses. Depends on tank too ofc. If there is more than 1 cleric in party then the situation changes but I still prefer to avoid a death by drinking a pot when it seems necessary.

Good luck :)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have seen sins who sit back and do nothing at AoE bosses, but frankly I find the majority of this is caused by a lack of knowledge of how to play, or a lack of care to help.

First step to overcoming AoE: get yourself a bow. If you don't know how to deal with an AoE close up - and some bosses will require you to stay at a distance anyway - then your first port of call is a bow. Then you should be out of most AoE ranges.

Second step to overcoming AoE is to learn when an AoE is coming. Bosses have certain animations they will perform when they do an AoE and they will also AoE within a certain time span, as it were. For instance, Rankar's long range AoE is signified by the fat guy jumping into the air. Admittedly, learning the timing is more important than learning the animation, but if you know what animation can signify an AoE you can know to pot or something.

The third step is learning what skills you use to survive the AoE if all else fails.

I hate to say, as an Assassin doing BH39, you should be able to deal with Farren and help the squad rather than sit around and leech, and if you cannot do this you seriously need to consider just what you are doing wrong, because I assure you, you're doing something wrong.

Kewl story brah
    *Common sense*
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Farren's AOE is physical damage. (He also has an AOE channeling speed debuff, but this doesn't do any damage.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't know myself if Farren is magic or physical. But Alliptica ignore the trolls that just laugh in your face and ask for your defense values just as a sing of humiliation. She made this thread asking for advice and help, not to be laughed at. So trolls, this is not the place for you b:bye

Asking for stats to help find the problem where did you get * just laugh in your face and ask for your defense values just as a sing of humiliation *
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1st thing, Farren's AoE is interuptable.
    2nd thing, with a melee tanking it, it only uses the AoE every 10 seconds.
    Lastly, why is the cleric surviving and not 4 sins?????
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I have no ideas how long it's been since he's started using a girl's ball to try pissing everyone off, rofl. I've scanned through his posts and all I've heard is him bragging around and showing off all over the places, and pretending he's on top of everyone's head. He's only 91, imagine when he gets to 100, how big boss he acts as if. He wakes up every morning and spends every minute in here just to do that. So whenever you see his post, consider it a trash.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    I have no ideas how long it's been since he's started using a girl's ball to try pissing everyone off, rofl. I've scanned through his posts and all I've heard is him bragging around and showing off all over the places, and pretending he's on top of everyone's head. He's only 91, imagine when he gets to 100, how big boss he acts as if. He wakes up every morning and spends every minute in here just to do that. So whenever you see his post, consider it a trash.

I'm sorry, were you aiming that at me, or were you aiming it at somebody else?

If you were aiming it at me, the first problem here is that, I'm a girl. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not too fond of playing the sin, and mine's only lvl 26, so i dunno what skills u have available at ur lvl. But i do know u have a bleed skill (puncture wound i think?) that does pretty damn nice damage. Personally, I'd be running in right after he aoe's, hitting him with that, and getting back out before next aoe. Of course, there are prolly even better skills at ur lvl, but i know that one's pretty nice for sure. Plus, it would keep doing damage while u get ur squishy butt to safety lol.
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol xD

Solution :

MISLEADING ADVICE. DO NOT FOLLOW AT ALL COSTS.

actually, 20m is quite sufficient enough to avoid the AOE. not only that, from what i've heard it calculates a physical and fire elemented blast much like a blade tempest. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Y'know, I really hope this advice doesn't work, or I will start assuming assassins are just vapid idgits.

Works best on PvP servers, but you have a 'port to target skill, and a cleric standing pretty far back from the boss. Why not head in with speed skill and deaden nerves going, then shadow jump to the cleric for a quick way out. No more than one AoE should hit, which even if it would have killed you, won't. Heck, waiting to run in until after the AoE means you shouldn't even be hit.

But as I said, I really hope just a very obvious solution like this just isn't able to work somehow, or I'm not inviting any assassin I don't know from another of their characters.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    MISLEADING ADVICE. DO NOT FOLLOW AT ALL COSTS.

actually, 20m is quite sufficient enough to avoid the AOE. not only that, from what i've heard it calculates a physical and fire elemented blast much like a blade tempest. :p

The range is closer to 25m. Not sure the exact range but i do know lvl 9 venomous scarab (24.6m) is still in range, but lvl 10 (25.5m) is out of range. Also, pretty sure the aoe is just phys as it does very little dmg to heavies and massive dmg to arcanes. And i doubt it would be fire, as Farren is an Earth element boss.
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle