LA best for PVP and reason why I advise light armor for PVP

13»

Comments

• Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, coming from a carebear, light armor on all classes is best for PVP imo, thats if you plan on fighting all classes.

Light armor is balanced between heavy armor and arcane armor.

You will need both magic and physical defense. Best to use LA for classes that does attacks based your weak point (physical for magic classes and magical for physical classes)

Lets say your a bm, and your fighting a cleric. The cleric should be smart enough to hit you with certain spells if you use one of your marrows. But if your using HA, that cleric will kite you with cyclone and spells. Best way to beat a cleric is by using LA because that cleric using both kinds of attacks, as soon as you stun the cleric, they cleric will have a tougher time trying to beat you.

I forgot to say in my opinion xD

rofl. LA is the WORST armor for pvp. you have crappy def for both m and p def. the only classes that has an excuse to wear that terrible class of armor is archers, and sins. some venos make it wrk but its just not for me.
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    too much math and too little gameplay experience imo

LA blows in actual pvp because it has too little of either defense to really do anything, the only good thing that may come out of LA is that you take high damage from both physical and magic attacks, rather than super high damage. >___>

Judging from your other posts, you really have no idea what the point of building HA veno is do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Laromendis - Lost City
    Laromendis - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Basic arcane magic class
    3 + 0.5 = 3.5 <-- free
    needed
    3.5*10 = 350 3.5*10 = 35

Magic class with light
    3 + 1 + 1 = 5 <-- full
    needed
    5*10= 500 5*10 = 50
    Magic class with heavy
    3 + 2.5 + 0.5 = 6 <-- irrelevant
    6*10= 600 6*10 = 60

learn2math pls.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    With no ornaments (or low refined) and no gems (or low grade) sure light armor is decent. The more you increase the gem grade/ornament refine level the worse LA gets. That's a contributing factor as to why archers were/are a really good pvp class 60-8x. Once people start investing in gear that lasts light armor takes a drastic fall to last place right after wearing no armor at all.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As BM you can use either full heavy armor with elemental belt & neck, level 3-4 magical marrow, so its perfectly balanced. Or a mix of physical belt & neck and 2 parts light armor.
    FULL Light armor BM with elemental neck fails.b:laugh
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I only read like 4 pages but I already see that you insist in being ignorant.
    Here are a few builds with similar items for venomancer (doesnt matter, any caster class)

lvl 90
    AA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3f601bdddc085412
    LA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0683cd459c6084c2
    HA/AA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=662609f67e7b9538

lvl 100
    AA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=060fad0caf7072fd
    LA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f176a4ecfa7957a1
    HA/AA - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2bc4d8a3b11fa703

if you are a BM, i bet you get better defences than LA having all physical defence gear and that magic marrow always on

No matter what build you show me (a real one not fiction) I can prove you that AA or HA/AA with similar items are better

TLDR version: AA with garnets has better defences and HP than LA with citrine for a caster. HA/AA build has same magic defence as heavy armor but better physical defences and HP.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    for all of you who come on here saying light armor is the worst... have you actually played a light armor character or are you just saying it cause everyone else told you it was the worst, then those people who told you some of them might just be saying it cause they heard it was the worst. im playing a light/arcane hybrid veno and have done wonderfully im still able to heal my pets enough and at lvl78 with a 70 herc tanked all but the last 3 bosses in fcc. in fox form i have 20% less pdef as a heavy and when using partially refined matt rings and elemental belt/neclace have only 30% less mdef. im pretty sure most of the people who are posting on here dont have a super high lvl char of all 3 types. just saying a type is also hard cause different classes have different bonuses and needs... the bm as noted in a previous post has marrows so he can compensate for his low mdef with heavy, venos have pdef bonus's in fox form which even with arcane armor doesnt even get close to light armor in human form. light armor has slightly better refines than arcane so if you are a refine junkie and get all your gear refined to +2-3 with mirages you end up with more hp. higher crit rate and as noted above was not severly gimped.

if any1 on the sancuary server of a similar lvl as me happens to see me grinding feel free to try and ambush me, i enjoy a challenge.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    robes are the best because anything wearing a robe would probably 1 shot you.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited March 2010
    for all of you who come on here saying light armor is the worst... have you actually played a light armor character or are you just saying it cause everyone else told you it was the worst, then those people who told you some of them might just be saying it cause they heard it was the worst. im playing a light/arcane hybrid veno and have done wonderfully im still able to heal my pets enough and at lvl78 with a 70 herc tanked all but the last 3 bosses in fcc. in fox form i have 20% less pdef as a heavy and when using partially refined matt rings and elemental belt/neclace have only 30% less mdef. im pretty sure most of the people who are posting on here dont have a super high lvl char of all 3 types. just saying a type is also hard cause different classes have different bonuses and needs... the bm as noted in a previous post has marrows so he can compensate for his low mdef with heavy, venos have pdef bonus's in fox form which even with arcane armor doesnt even get close to light armor in human form. light armor has slightly better refines than arcane so if you are a refine junkie and get all your gear refined to +2-3 with mirages you end up with more hp. higher crit rate and as noted above was not severly gimped.

if any1 on the sancuary server of a similar lvl as me happens to see me grinding feel free to try and ambush me, i enjoy a challenge.

robe veno > LA at end game. heavy veno > LA at end game. heavy robe veno > LA at end game.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Light armor is effective for pvping as a caster class from level 60-90 which also interestingly is the stage of the game where archers (the LA class) shines very well, after 90 due to higher refines on ornaments and gear the defence increase by wearing LA is almost unnoticable and the loss of damage hurts caster classes or in the case of pure vit builds (like cata clerics) the loss of hp by being LA is a waste.

Another reason why 90 is the cap for LA effectiveness is that after level 90 magic classes begin to take over in damage gaining the ability to 1 shot LA classes with or without the use of ultimates. Its why you see alot of people use LA for leveling to 90 then restating to arcane when they reach it as for pvp LA is better than arcane till then as your biggest threat is XS weilders and nixes till 90.
  • Nanannana - Heavens Tear
    Nanannana - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ^

It is good until lvl 90 indeed, after that go arcane with garnet gems etc.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    LA is actually not bad at all 60-90 if you pvp. Its a cheap way of getting phy def at low lvls, no one should spend money to achieve high phy def in arcane pre 90. Big waste with g8 shards or +5 or more refines on lowbie gear. So LA is a good option at that point and magic users doesn't really hurt much until 90+ either. LA moulders are pretty cheap to and easy to get compare to arcane 60-90.

After that tho LA gets totally gimped and should be avoided at all costs b:surrender.

Only class that can be somewhat decent in LA 90+ is venos. They still get decent magic defense from refining rings + 300 base magic. Venos can also have minimum magic and put rest stats into vit as LA armor users, so they get pretty high hp. Venos really dont need high magic like a wizard since they have nix, purge and amp. I guess venos can get away with any build tho, but thats the only caster that dont suck in LA if built properly.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    All classes bro, not just BMs b:chuckle. Think about a wizzie with LA too, with maxed earth shield and latest light armor with P.DEF shards

LA is not the worst armor ingame, I disagree. It is half HA and AA, true. You have a balanced defense and elemental defense.

It is not as high physical defense as heavy armor or elemental defense as arcane, but it have higher of vice versa. Its versatile, otherwise people would be using LA if it was higher. On top of that, you can't wear heavy armor on magic classes unless you want to gimp your magic damage. HA magic class is not a good build if you don't back up... but I should sum that up.

Did i just see that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athelwynn - Heavens Tear
    Athelwynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    First off I have to say a LA wizard is a bad idea cause you gimp the
    damage you dish out for a little extra defense that you can get
    anyway if you build your char right.

Arcane build you can get 500+ MAG by lvl 100
    LA build you lose 109 stat points due to needing extra points in STR
    and wasting points into DEX. Only benefit for wizards would be the
    crit damage.
  • Alarra - Harshlands
    Alarra - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Words cannot describe the magnitude of your failure.

From now on I shall call you "oneshot".

And when I hear people mentioning LA BMs I shall remind them of mister "oneshot" and they will repent.
    edited March 2010
    la is the only armor set that can be 1 shotted by any type of attack. physical or magical xD
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    guys, WTF, you're trying to argue with an 11yr old.
    Let him troll himself to death.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    soooo,...
    to sum it up,...
    LA is good on archers/sins, since any other build they dont do damage
    LA sux on barbs (do i have to explain?)
    and those 3 classes its valid at all levels,...
    LA is good on veno/wiz (/bm?) till level 89, (and any higher than that its somewhat useless, maybe exept for veno),...
    (no idea on cleric/psy, but i guess they weaken theyr magic too much,... though idk how it works for soulforce actually,...)
    so before 89 its fine but after that its useless,...
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    light armor is a valid option at all levels including lvl90+ i know numerous light armor venos who have no issues with tanking and do quite well in pve and pvp. ive beel la since lvl3 and know numerous lvl90+ la venos and they all do wonderfully and would prefer to have 1 of them tank my fb's rather than some of the higher lvl arcane venos ive encountered.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ...I only read the first post and immediately knew this was an idiot thread
    BMs should go LA? are you ****?
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    la is the only armor set that can be 1 shotted by any type of attack. physical or magical xD

..what?

what about that barb i crit for 18k..poor guy

double post I'm sorry b:surrender
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arcanes is squishy. LA and AA can be one shot by BT. HA and LA can be one shot by MS. Everyone is wiped by sage BIDS. Nuff said.
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I lol'd. GJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • cjpower
    cjpower Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I completely disagree.

LA has the worst attack, and you can be pissed by wizards, venom or clerics only for some physical defense, and not much, because you can got owned by high level melee classes, especially barbs.

Pure INT is the best, and is not opinion, is the BEST. When you reach ultimate endgame levels, your hits are overpowered, and you can 1 Hit K.O. The only problem is your defense, but upgrading your equipment and weapon by +10 with your Mirage Stones, adding HP Modifiers and HP Stones, your near to be a monster.

(Im talking about the wizard)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    there is no reason an arcane class should be LA endgame(exception is venos)

dont believe me?
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=4b9d8d5c7ca99130
    nuff said.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • TerminatorX - Lost City
    TerminatorX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Light Armor is for Archers, Sins, and melee Venos. Otherwise, you really shouldn't be wearing it, Heavy armor or heavy/robe mix decimate LA.
    Red Truth. A conditional truth - Pole BMs are epic... as tanks.
    Blue Truth. A possible truth - Full Vit Pole BMs are epic at AoE.
    Golden Truth. The absolute truth - My Pole BM is the most epic on Lost City.
    He who masters truth, masters the world. Maybe. Showering daily helps too.