A Barb dont like sins

Options
Icebender - Lost City
Icebender - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I was in a bh69 and this barb really hate sins.
At pole he did not cast his agro skill so that he can keep the agro, but the sin befor he started he know about the barb that don't like the sins class and the sin swap his daggers for a low lvl daggers and as the fight was going on his BM buddy took agro and for some stupid reason the barb was thinking the agro was on the sin and BANG the bm is dead.

My I ask why don't people like the new class.
A sin that knows how to play can be really helpful by making the atk rate of boss slow down by 50% saving the barb on repair cost, a sin can go with a veno and slow down the atk speed of bosses in hh runs so the veno can tank from a really lower lvl. One skill that can boost dmg in take by 40%(AOE) and so on.

If sin takes agro all he needs to do is hide and bang his agro meter is back to 0
thy like a archer but close range. A archer cant DD as he likes and if he pulls agro and get squad wipes by a aoeing boss to cleric.
Post edited by Icebender - Lost City on

Comments

• Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's because a LOT of people oracled their sin/psy up to 80+ right after the expansion, and thus FAIL at playing the class. This lead to a lot of squad wipes and much QQing. Thankfully, people who level honestly are starting to breach the 80+ mark, and people will realize that they really are good classes. Personally, I LOVE having sins in my squad, makes healing the BM/Barb a lot easier.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sounds like you may want to remember that barb's name so you don't work with him again. What a scumball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    had a cleric to the same to me in 1-1 or 1-2, I have a screenshot so I never squad with them again
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Seamuss - Heavens Tear
    Seamuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like a sin in my squad. I can say that I have problems with individuals who dont play their class well,but I dont have issues with any individual class.
    Build up that friendlist,it's a beautiful tool b:laugh
    Internet connection -$50.00 a month

Free MMO -Free

Building self esteem through fantasy roleplaying-Priceless
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Many people are against the new classes because it's a well known fact the majority of high level ones power-levelled by oracles to that level.

And the general consensus about oraclers is they do not know how to play their class. 85% of oracle abusers I have squadded with generally don't know how to play their class, for whatever reason. About the same percent of Tideborns I've squadded with have exactly the same problem; they do not understand the concept that a veno's pet cannot spam aggro like a barb, and that if you don't control damage you will steal.

While this doesn't ring true for every oracle abuser, or for every Tideborn, bad experiences have left very bad impressions on people, and for this reason there are quite a few people who loathe squadding with the new classes and, when they can't avoid it, will find ways to purposefully let them die so they can then accuse them of being failures.

Shame really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People dont like the new class assassin because of how stealth works in pvp. Also its the nr 1 class people pick now if they wanna run around and rpk/gank lower lvls. I guess that can affect the way people feel about the class when its time to party for a BH.

But really i never meet a Barb or a BM that had any problems with a sin in party. Its actually the opposite, they really want a sin in party for bloodpaint.

That barb you meet must have been some random idiot.
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Circumvention of the filter is still banable offence - Aryannamage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • LilFires - Heavens Tear
    LilFires - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im very glad to say that i stayed away from oracles

from personal exp, oracle abusers are usually people who just started the game and decided hey lets abuse what the devs have put into the cash shop

mostly pvp is difficult for a sin O.O** u can stealth all u want but if a BM targets someone around u and hits for a stun skill, Guess what

it hits u and can knock u out of stealth
    only way to avoid it is to max ur awareness too lvl10.

well on my barb i love to play with sins
    the attk rate drop and the heals from blood paint are woderful
    makes things much easier in squad and they are excellent DD's, although unlike what some people think, they do not by any means replace archers in TW or PK. But in a squad it may seem that archers have lost their place XD

-.- that was a really bad idea to stick Oracles in the shop during
    the raging tide expansion -.-
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a barb, your main attribute is your ability keep aggro. That is why they have aggro skills on both forms. As of yet, I have had no problems with a barb keeping aggro from me, and I am a full dex sin. Maybe he just fails at being a barb? (P.S. I have had a 79 barb in the past on this server, retired him to play this character)

P.S. This character is 55 (since my avatar is STILL broken)
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

well on my barb i love to play with sins
    the attk rate drop and the heals from blood paint are woderful
    makes things much easier in squad and they are excellent DD's, although unlike what some people think, they do not by any means replace archers in TW or PK. But in a squad it may seem that archers have lost their place XD -

Njah, Archers still got STA, so I don`t really think Archers are not wanted anymore due Assasins :). Though if Archer don`t have STA or it`s like lvl 3, then he/she may have problem getting on squads :).

But to get to topic, Barb whom dun like sin? That`s just plain stupid, I could trade my soul for having that bloodpaint affect Archers. Imma need to figure something out before Archosaur opens...
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But to get to topic, Barb whom dun like sin? That`s just plain stupid, I could trade my soul for having that bloodpaint affect Archers. Imma need to figure something out before Archosaur opens...

Yeah, I woulda killed for that effect when I was still playing my barb...that and the one that slows down the attack rate of the mob/boss.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i think its kinda funny some people out there are trying to get sins killed intentionally. I'm glad i'm not a sin. My Psy has not run into hate like this. (except for people who try to boss me around before actually ever seeing how i play because they are scared i'm some oracler)
    Kinda reminds of this one time i intentionally got a cleric killed in squad. He was talking alot of trash to my cleric friends, so we let him pull the boss with a genie... but instead of my friend barb catching the boss, we just let the boss chase the jerk cleric around till he got killed. lol it was awesome.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • XianDThurl - Lost City
    XianDThurl - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty sad excuse for a barb to me. Just because he did not like one person in the squad, he jepordized the whole party. to me if he really did not like who he was partied with, he should of just left squad.

As for the oracle stuff, just because a sin maybe high level does not mean they oracled. The only oracles i used was the ones from supply stash.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    personally i like sins, if they know what they doing. my psys lvl 61, and im pretty cautious with my aggro. i'll switch to a lower lvl mold, and use white voodoo, with blessing -69 attack lvl, without -79 attack lvl. sins like i said, if they got to lvl 80 without oracling. (unlikly right now, but hey it can happen) they obviously know what they doing. so depends on what their doing, and some oracled all the way to 89 but they know what their doing
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    personally i like sins, if they know what they doing. my psys lvl 61, and im pretty cautious with my aggro. i'll switch to a lower lvl mold, and use white voodoo, with blessing -69 attack lvl, without -79 attack lvl. sins like i said, if they got to lvl 80 without oracling. (unlikly right now, but hey it can happen) they obviously know what they doing. so depends on what their doing, and some oracled all the way to 89 but they know what their doing

80 without oracle now is possible kinda jsut on daylies since release i think.
    90 by now and i didnt oracle or hyper.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sins are wonderful and great <3333333
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Playing a sin... and this being my 3rd over level 75 toon, I can say I haven't ran into anyone speaking negatively to me because of my class.

In fact I get a lot of kudos. 1 is bloodpaint... It's a great buff. The other is my ability to teleport stun or immobilize.

I tend to play in a manner like a cleric but without heals. I save my tele-stun for aggro stealers on the mobs. If I see a mob take off toward someone, I'll telestun it and then immobilize it. VENOS love it. My girlfriend will steal aggro from her herc with her crits. stun and immobilize saves her... especially when we are running without a cleric. It's VERY helpful if the cleric takes aggro as well. Immobilize also works well on mobs that run. Especially in instances where they can run up the walls. Playing smart offense keeps everyhing around and down and keeps damage off of people.

At the same time, going ape-y on a mob, I can typically steal aggro from hercs,barbs,archers etc, anywhere from 5 to 10 levels higher than me. I can usually keep from dying on a boss if I steal with second wind and my save from death skill followed by invisible.

As for oracle-rs... They make their own fate. If they go level 90 with oracles.. and get themself wiped out...haha @ them. Sucks for party members who have to deal though.

I did not oracle any of my toons with the exception of the oracles you get for free from drops/quests/whatever. Few and far between.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barb... hatin' on assasins... what.

While it's true that some are nooblets, I've been with some good (if not, awesome) assasins in frost (the only place I've been able to be with them). They use bloodpaint, bm stuns and dragons, I armageddon and <3. They got their job done.

Now then, can I has a charm to npc? b:sad

(unrelated: my avatar seems to be stuck in 99)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow. That's pretty freakin' sad. Just because he's a sin too. I mean... was enough that we had class discrimination, if people actually start wanting to perform badly just to get them killed, and end up killing more squads...

That's sad. Really sad.

BTW any character played decently in a squad is an asset. Including but not limited to sins. O_o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sounds less like "He just didn't like sins" and more of "he didn't know how to hold aggro"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I ran into a similar barb on Dreamweaver. No names mentioned, of course, though I will not group with this particular individual again. This barb didn't seem to have the concept of 'spam ream to keep aggro' down pat... on a number of occasions, the bm took aggro... (I was holding back a lot). That part, can be considered 'barb not playing that well'. But the part that ticked me off, was, he refused to buff me. For whatever reason, he would not buff me. There is a ledge I like to go up on, where I can see down the hallway towards the where the boss room is, its just something I do. Anyways, squad members arrive, barb buffs, I look up and notice him buffing, and ask him for hp buff... and he refused! Repeatedly. I did say please, I did ask nicely (every other person I've dealt w/ buffs, of course, and I thank him, and we proceed as normal). Well, these two things: (a) not reaming much, and (b) me w/out hp buff (everybody else in group w/ buff)... you can see what might happen. No matter how I try to limit my dmg, boss eventually notices me, hits me twice, I'm out of game. Remember, this is pole we are talking about. Well, that happened once, and while somewhat pissed, I got a rez, boss killed, and I got credit for pole. We come back later on... again, barb refuses to buff @ pyro... then AGAIN he refuses to buff me @ nob. He pulls the same trick! I sit on ledge, while other, slower squad members trickle in, I look up, barb has buffed, and will not buff me. Predicting that I would eventually take aggro, I reallllly limited my dmg. I waited a while, I went in, few normal attacks... noticed bms repeatedly getting aggro for a few seconds.

With 50k hp to go, boss turns to me, and 3 hits me. I die while channeling shadow escape. Boss dies, and I do not get credit.

Gaaaah! (Of course deaden nerves had run out by then... predictable). The thing that ticks me off most, though, is with barb hp buff, I'd have lived. Simple as that, I could not be 3 hit (charmed) w/ barb buff in.

Some people eh...

/end QQ

-Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is it possible the barb didn't like anyone who is not smart enough to wait for barb to attack with bleed before they attack.

Or maybe he didn't like the BM class. The BM is the one who died. Maybe barb party with BM before and don't like him hitting too soon. BM are the worst offenders of running up and hitting boss first with their range attack. I feel the BM thinks themselves noble and taking a hit for the lurer. To me it's annoying, when they hit the boss before it's pulled back to the proper spot. Of course not all BM do it and that being said i still like BM's in squad. They are great overall.

Maybe just lazy barb, not vindictive.

You infer a lot about this barb and him being a sin hater. I heard of many parties where barb looses aggro. Why do you automatically assume its to get the sin killed in this case.

For the record, so no one infers anything on me, I have nothing against BM or Assassins or any other class. If i never squad with a veno agian , I would not cry about it though. haha
  • Icebender - Lost City
    Icebender - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a cleric I normaly see how ppl play. At the start the barb did say he hates the sin race and how he hunts them down... The bm was in same guild as the barb.

Im not crying at all, im only the cleric keeping ppl goin XD
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok, not giving you the HP buff, but giving it to everyone else?

That's serious name+shame territory. Blacklist and walk away immediately.

Cripes.
  • WarTanks - Sanctuary
    WarTanks - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unless I'm playing my Cleric, then I'm fine with Sins.

Sins (especially pure dex), to me, are annoying when I play Cleric.. especially in bh39 and 51.

In 39, they don't know how to use bows or when to escape from those bombs. They'd end up dead after the explosions, and then blame the Cleric.
    In 51, they don't seem to understand that the closer they are to Rankar, the stronger his AoE will be to them. They could've switched to a bow and attack from far rage, but instead, they go up close with their daggers and attack. After 2-3 blows (sometimes even 1) from Rank, they're dead! And guess what happens when they're dead? They BLAME the Cleric! And there's only SO much that one Cleric can do!b:surrender

It's not the Cleric's job to keep on eye on the Sin 24/7. It's the Cleric's job to keep an eye on the Barb. Should they steal aggro, they better know how to lose it...
    And it sucks when they run! They'd always run to the Cleric, hoping for the Cleric to heal them, but what they're doing is setting a death trap for the Cleric! Everyone knows that should a Cleric heal someone who's running from a mob, the mob will go for the Clericb:cry

Now, I'm not saying that all Sins are like this and/or that they're the only class who does it. Other classes do it too, but Sins are just the most annoying ones. Mainly because they are build to fight meelee range but have sucky defense... Not to mention, they have survival skills like "Shadow Escape" however, they don't know how or when to use it (most of them anyways).b:victory

Another thing that annoys me are DDs who are too fond of their damage dealing... but that's another storyb:bye

I'm just stating what I've experienced.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unless I'm playing my Cleric, then I'm fine with Sins.

Sins (especially pure dex), to me, are annoying when I play Cleric.. especially in bh39 and 51.

The bow is a very good friend when attacking mobs that go boom. In fact per hit I do more damage with my bow than my daggers...If only I could attack as fast with my bow...

I find it impossible to 39 or 51 without my bow... well, I once did, the booms dont hurt as much at 77 but I still use a bow when I'm in there.

Too bad not everyone figures this out...or follows good advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sins are awesome, I'd be happy to have one in squad at any time. I was doing frost with a level 97 sin a couple of days ago and he was tearing through the bosses at a rediculous rate, also blood paint (I think that's the right name for the skill) is sweet.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I haven't squaded with any +90 sins yet.

But -90 I've done my veno's bhs with were really nice, no probs whatsoever, don't remember seeing them steal agro from barbs, only a bit problematic if bm/herc tanking or the barb is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    only a bit problematic if bm/herc tanking or the barb is ****.

Yeah, I kow how that is...veno's pet was tanking Calcid for BH39, and I was just normal attacking. Looked away for a couple seconds to talk to somebody, looked back and I was dead! OOPS! b:cry

P.S.~ In my defense, I have been away from the game for almost two months, and that was the day I got back! I had kinda forgotten how hard we hit...

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just don't like Soul of Vengeance from the psychic. That is all.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.