Is rev your last priority for leveling?

Options
13»

Comments

• mngirl
    mngirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I come from playing another version of pw for over 2 years, I have a holy lvl 100 cleric and a dark lvl 95 cleric (and a 94 barb and 94 veno) there. I actually had to pay about 200mil for dark res which gives 0 exp loss, and I won't buy holy res because it's currently at 350mil - people on that server are insanely greedy when it comes to pricing - partly because less and less people are playing there now. Unfortunately when pwi came out we lost people, when other games came out we lost people, etc... so our server there is dying out. I did buy dark res so that when I'm in a party situation, if someone dies they can benefit from 0 exp loss. In some situations though, I bring my 100 cleric instead because she's got much better armor and can tolerate a lot more hits from bosses, and has faster casting.

Anyway, I started on PWI about a month ago, with intermittent time to play here (since I also still play the other server) I currently have a lvl 51 cleric. I love playing cleric, it's my absolute favorite class - except for when it comes to resing people. In higher lvl parties clerics are expected to carry res scrolls so if we die we can get back up (which of course we have to do in party situations to keep the party alive) but at my current lvl here if I die, I go back to town, I lose exp. Going back to town if I die isn't a big deal yet because I'm mainly doing bh29 or bh39 with similar levels, with lvl 40-50ish people any of us can regain the exp back fast.

My biggest pet peeve regarding res is: when people go out questing and die, then expect a cleric to go res them. I see this a lot especially with low levels and I won't go res someone below at least lvl 50 because they'll regain that exp back quickly and will gain more sp while doing it, so it's better for them in the end in terms of getting skills faster to go back to town. Unfortunately few people will listen to me and accept that but those people can find another cleric if they insist on a res. The exception is if I'm nearby of course I'll res, I'm not a mean person - I just won't fly or teleport all over the map to res because we clerics have other things to do, too. Higher levels should really carry res scrolls if they're worried about dying, I'm not a fan of going all over to res anyone, of any level. I see res as a great skill in parties but people expect us to go to them any time, any place when they die. I've been busy in TT or an fb when someone has said in guild they've died and want a res, and the dead person has even said "fine, I'll lay here dead until you're free". No thanks, just go to town, I don't want to go res you anyway.... And I can't begin to count the number of times I've teleported or flown across the map to res only to get there 1/2 a second after some random cleric just res'd that person - or worse yet, the dead person called 2 clerics and didn't bother to tell either of us. So no, I won't be making house calls to res.

As far as maxxing res on this char, I've got it at 5 right now and it's not going any higher until I have my heals and buffs and puri maxed, because with my limited sp I'm more interested in the skills to keep the party alive, if someone dies and my res isn't high enough for them at this level, they can find another cleric (and don't forget that when I die, nobody res's me so don't even bother complaining to me about my res level - you lose far less exp than I do). Eventually of course I'll max res but right now I'm more concerned about staying alive myself and keeping people alive than the lvl of my res.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sorry for double posting but. ya but u have to consider my veno loses like 5% for going to town, cleric last i checked lost idk 1-2%? i mean makes sense imo. clerics lose the least amount of exp for all the classes. i mean only cleric, u die, have to go back to town, why make them suffer while others lose .2-.6% exp? makes absolutely no sense what so ever. so if u lose 1-2% its like getting revive with a lvl 6-7 rez. yes i hate that 1-2% is alot for my cleric but hey better than losing 5%

I got lv. 1 res until lv. 75, so I think anyone would be fine, really. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got lv. 1 res until lv. 75, so I think anyone would be fine, really. b:chuckle
    i win! lv1 till 80 rofl >>; pple expect so much that they dont ask what lv res it is b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    even so, i'd like to think that for every cleric that maxes their ress, the server becomes a better place, as even clerics will sometimes want to be ressed as well.
    we tend to have to town so most of us carry GA, at least higher lvl. The world would be a better and more efficient place if every melee had a GA and scroll so they can pop back up after death and participate fighting instead of lying dead and useless till the rest of the squad scrambles to give the cleric an opening to stop healing and res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why oh why don't they just eliminate this skill from the game
    They'll get my vote
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When clerics die I do not see anyone running to raise them. If we have to lose exp. then others should do so as well. I raise my skills whenever I see fit. No one is providing me with spirit or coin therefore no one can tell me how to raise my levels. If people do not like the results of my raise I can quickly provide instant relief. Pk them and let then go to town and raise. b:shutupb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I really wish i hadn't leveled mine sometimes. Unless i'm squadding with strangers, I rarely use it anyway. Anyway, lvl 10 is plenty high enough. Certainly not gonna fork out 20 mil for demon rez (gonna assume it's around same price as sage). Gonna have a hard enough time raising money for my inks for my 79 skills. b:infuriated
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well, i kept my rez lv 1 until i've maxed my buffs and IH, purify and wellspring at a decent lv.
    take the other skills first, rez isnt exactly your biggest priority :P
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I really wish i hadn't leveled mine sometimes. Unless i'm squadding with strangers, I rarely use it anyway. Anyway, lvl 10 is plenty high enough. Certainly not gonna fork out 20 mil for demon rez (gonna assume it's around same price as sage). Gonna have a hard enough time raising money for my inks for my 79 skills. b:infuriated

You can also make the random Cleric skill books with tokens from the packs, unless it's demon Blessing of the Purehearted it should be worth it to make a random skill book.

I bought one for 375K and got my sage res, so honestly I think it's worth it.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar