Is rev your last priority for leveling?

Options

Comments

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wish I could unlearn mine. Leave it at like level 6 so it looks like I attempted to level it but ran out of money and then forgot to max it or something. If only, if only...
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People say to max res because they don't want to lose their f*uckin exp.I don't lvl it because i have more important skills to lvl.That skill is useless to us clerics,we can't res ourselves,let them loose their exp as we do.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I remember maxing res was very high priority for me, right after plumeshot/cyclone/IH/buffs. There are not that many other absolutely necessary skills for a cleric, so why not be helpful?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I remember maxing res was very high priority for me, right after plumeshot/cyclone/IH/buffs. There are not that many other absolutely necessary skills for a cleric, so why not be helpful?
    cause we need to make a line between being helpful and pampering. 5 out of the past 6 classes pushed the cleric to max this skill hence why the term 'max res' was so well known.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wish I could unlearn mine. Leave it at like level 6 so it looks like I attempted to level it but ran out of money and then forgot to max it or something. If only, if only...
    Even as a veno, i just have to ask - why max rez when you clerics don't even get any benifit from it? I think that clerics should just leave it at lv 1 and let the idiots lose their precious xp. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even as a veno, i just have to ask - why max rez when you clerics don't even get any benifit from it? I think that clerics should just leave it at lv 1 and let the idiots lose their precious xp. XD

I maxed ress just because part of our job as a cleric is to help the rest of the squad, and personally I include maxing ress as part of helping. It's not like the 4 million coin cost of Tempest, or 3 million SP. It's about 200k of both to max it. I mean, really? At lower levels I understand the SP shortage not to max it, but once you hit 7x-8x, you really can't spare 200k SP and coin? Or are you just being vindictive because you're annoyed that clerics can't ress themselves and you have to lose exp?

Edit: The "you" wasn't directed towards you, just towards clerics in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I maxed ress just because part of our job as a cleric is to help the rest of the squad, and personally I include maxing ress as part of helping. It's not like the 4 million coin cost of Tempest, or 3 million SP. It's about 200k of both to max it. I mean, really? At lower levels I understand the SP shortage not to max it, but once you hit 7x-8x, you really can't spare 200k SP and coin? Or are you just being vindictive because you're annoyed that clerics can't ress themselves and you have to lose exp?

Edit: The "you" wasn't directed towards you, just towards clerics in general.
    last i checked carrying res scrolls and GAs werent only the clerics job. Being helpful is a bit diff. from having to sell your drops and gear to provide yourself with GA and scroll so you TOO can continue to lvl up while providing luxury to your squad mates.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    last i checked carrying res scrolls and GAs werent only the clerics job. Being helpful is a bit diff. from having to sell your drops and gear to provide yourself with GA and scroll so you TOO can continue to lvl up while providing luxury to your squad mates.

I just feel like at first, not leveling it is understandable, because SP is very low obviously. But if I can spend 200k once in coin/SP later and save others in the long run hundreds of thousands on GAs/scrolls, why would I choose NOT to level it? Just because I have to use GAs to save my exp doesn't mean I should force everyone else to. I can easily make 200k catshopping (which is not level dependent) or grinding, I don't see why it's such a big deal to level it once you have excess SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

I agree with this statement, everyone else (not clerics) should do the best job possible to make sure that the cleric doesnt have a hard time (meaning having GA/RS), and then clerics sometimes dont get any thanks, thats a joke to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just feel like at first, not leveling it is understandable, because SP is very low obviously. But if I can spend 200k once in coin/SP later and save others in the long run hundreds of thousands on GAs/scrolls, why would I choose NOT to level it? Just because I have to use GAs to save my exp doesn't mean I should force everyone else to. I can easily make 200k catshopping (which is not level dependent) or grinding, I don't see why it's such a big deal to level it once you have excess SP.
    my point is that no class should be overworking financially to provide a luxury that they cannot partake in. Even barbs with their charm and repairs partake in the goal they participated in. A goal, and not a luxury.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my point is that no class should be overworking financially to provide a luxury that they cannot partake in. Even barbs with their charm and repairs partake in the goal they participated in. A goal, and not a luxury.

I guess we just differ in the 'overworking financially' part of this then.

Oh well, agree to disagree? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

How are you calling a idiot when you only lose only 10% of your exp. b:scorn

But yes, we clerics don't get any benefit from rez since we still get full exp lost. (unless there's another cleric with lvl 10 rez rezing me.) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with this statement, everyone else (not clerics) should do the best job possible to make sure that the cleric doesnt have a hard time (meaning having GA/RS), and then clerics sometimes dont get any thanks, thats a joke to me.

I agree with this 100%.b:victory

Many times us cleric's don't get any thanks for all the hard work we do just to keep everyone alive.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited March 2010
    Options

But yes, we clerics don't get any benefit from rez since we still get full exp lost. (unless there's another cleric with lvl 10 rez rezing me.) b:chuckle
    so like.....ONLY...... 10% of 267,000,000 exp is.....
    I guess we just differ in the 'overworking financially' part of this then.

Oh well, agree to disagree? b:cute
    all ur gold ish minez
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well , rez is party skill . Just like barb's aggro skills . He has no use of them for himself - why would he agro mobs while grinding ? But he needs that skills to be welcomed in party . Same deal is with cleric . If you have lvl 1 rez in TT , expect to be blacklisted by half of the server
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I love the reaction I get now when people find out I don't have level 11 resurrection. They are like b:cry "o nose, i juts lost .1% exp. u fale clerik" All the while I just set up shop on their corpse and like "Accepting 20mil coin donations roflmao" b:laugh

Definitely not worth leveling. Spend 20mil on clothes, much better use of my income =D
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

Silver, read my post again. I'm saying something good about clerics, ugh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Silver, read my post again. I'm saying something good about clerics, ugh...

Ooppsss..... b:embarrass

Misread, and mistyped sorry about that. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    all ur gold ish minez

Tell you what, I'll make a Sanctuary alt and get it to 20 or so, send you 200k to make up for the cost of maxing revive, and we'll call it even b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well , rez is party skill . Just like barb's aggro skills . He has no use of them for himself - why would he agro mobs while grinding ? But he needs that skills to be welcomed in party . Same deal is with cleric . If you have lvl 1 rez in TT , expect to be blacklisted by half of the server
    no other class has a party skill that is expected to carry an extra item like your own GA or rez scroll that costs 50k+, and if non, expected to sacrifice their own exp to ensure others get the benefit of saving their exp.

And no, having lv1 rez will not get you blacklisted. Only the new noobs think that. At least the pple who existed before the 1st wave of jolly jones packs wont.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if u have lvl 1 revive till 64, good luck with your party ppl b:chuckle i lvled revive every time i could, i saved up money/sp for it. i had lvl 10 at lvl 64. my most useful skill. i worked with a lvl 72 the other day for 20x3 on veno. she had lvl 1 rez, granted her main was lvl 99 archer so i didnt care as much. but a good cleric has high heals and rez. considering not every is going to like losing 5% instead of .2%
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

sorry for double posting but. ya but u have to consider my veno loses like 5% for going to town, cleric last i checked lost idk 1-2%? i mean makes sense imo. clerics lose the least amount of exp for all the classes. i mean only cleric, u die, have to go back to town, why make them suffer while others lose .2-.6% exp? makes absolutely no sense what so ever. so if u lose 1-2% its like getting revive with a lvl 6-7 rez. yes i hate that 1-2% is alot for my cleric but hey better than losing 5%
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    XP loss is based on level, not class. All classes lose the same amount of XP at the same level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *on culti btw
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You sure? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no other class has a party skill that is expected to carry an extra item like your own GA or rez scroll that costs 50k+

Well , my faction leader just provided me with g-scrolls and bronze/silver MP charm before each TT run >_> Beause there was no other chance to get me in there
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no other class has a party skill that is expected to carry an extra item like your own GA or rez scroll that costs 50k+, and if non, expected to sacrifice their own exp to ensure others get the benefit of saving their exp.

And no, having lv1 rez will not get you blacklisted. Only the new noobs think that. At least the pple who existed before the 1st wave of jolly jones packs wont.

even so, i'd like to think that for every cleric that maxes their ress, the server becomes a better place, as even clerics will sometimes want to be ressed as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    even so, i'd like to think that for every cleric that maxes their ress, the server becomes a better place, as even clerics will sometimes want to be ressed as well.
    Lol then others QQ about players lvling too fast. DONT UPGRADE YOUR REV b:sin let ppl lose more exp & lvl slower

lvl10 rez isn't THAT expensive so I lvled mine when I could to help others. Lvl 11 rez.... um... I'm not paying close to 20mil so you don't lose any exp without even saying as much as a ty when u're rezed while I need to waste GAs & rez scrolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:infuriated
    People say to max res because they don't want to lose their f*uckin exp.I don't lvl it because i have more important skills to lvl.That skill is useless to us clerics,we can't res ourselves,let them loose their exp as we do.

Sounds like you're FAC material. b:infuriated

I levelled my res to lvl 11 by taking the Sage version of it, it was a ***** to get but when you're a support class like a cleric it's good enough for me when I can help out my squad.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar