Wizard vs. Sin

Options
Neleil - Harshlands
Neleil - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Wizard
what is your strategy for a wizard fighting a higher lvl sin?
assuming the sin gets first hit
(Asking cause of their amazing stealth skill, and ability to teleport right to you, stun you like crazy, and to finish it of gets chi amazingly fast)
Post edited by Neleil - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    (Asking cause of their amazing stealth skill, and ability to teleport right to you, stun you like crazy, and to finish it of gets chi amazingly fast)

Im not really used to fight sins 1v1, but usually if I hav full chi I use a sutra and mountain seize combination and pray for it to stun, then use other skill to keep nuking him and once the stun is out I use seal and keep nuking till hes dead. If I dont hav full chi Its hard to tell u how I would kill a sin apart from trying to bypass his charm with an ulti when I get the chance or sutra DD him when his charm thicked after using a seal so he cant run off to invisible while Im finishing him off. But its important to be able to tank their dmg for a lil bit or u pretty much will b in a big trouble if he goes invisible.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this thread again gah >.<

well sins isnt that hard to beat if ur the same lvl but only if its a non duel in a duel ur pretty much dead meat but on 1v1 its much easier ur charm will tick before they get to kill u and once they cant stun anymore u just bluest them with ur dmg and they will die quite fast try to sleep seal stun them if u can counter their stuns with sparks they have 50% to resis ur stuns seal sleep so just try again and again till it works when they go stealth its anoying thats when ur hide and seek game starts just hang in there their not as scary as ppl make them to be i personally love fighting them (but i hate the hide and seek)
  • FoxyGurlly - Lost City
    FoxyGurlly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    actualyl duel is easy also. just jump around, because they will most likely then use shadow jump to stun you... which now your in midair... so they can't continue their immobilzation, as soon as your out of stun, you just either distance shrink away and seal them or just seal and play with them ;p. anytime their stealthed and you know it, jumping around makes them harmless
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It seem what people want to know is how you fight back something that
    suddenly appear out of the air then bring you to death so fast. b:chuckle
    Especially without charm ? b:surrender

Most of the time i just looking for interval between their combo or pray their initial combo not kill me. Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jumping around makes them harmless... >_< They still two-shot meh...
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    a sin your level will do so much damage to you it doesnt appear on your log if they are smart.

Invisable, wolf emblem, saunter up to you, (maybe dance around cause lets fce it we hae no idea what there doing when we can't see them), spark, tele/stun, head hunt, anything else needed > damage is unreal especially with those crits from wolf emblem.
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If Im hanging around in pk, and I suspect a Sin (Or even if I don't) I just keep moving. After their tele-stun, they sorta stop for a sec. Ifyou have it, use Badge. If not, make sure they're targetted and Spam sopo. Hit Tree if you need to.

Once their stuns fail (And by this time, your charm may be ready to tick a second time) and they are slept, hit a Vac/hp, Undine them and follow up with FoW. Hit them with a SR, WotP, Distance shrink - gush pyro.

I dunno, sins my level don't scare me. I HAVE been killed by them if they get a lucky crit, but generally tanking their damage till they fail, then overkilling them is easy.

Remember, they are just mellee archers with a few little tricks who need to be close to you to do any real damage. Vacs/Badge and Dew are your friends.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Neleil - Harshlands
    Neleil - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ty for response i will be trying some of your suggestions on my wiz b:thanks
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If Im hanging around in pk, and I suspect a Sin (Or even if I don't) I just keep moving. After their tele-stun, they sorta stop for a sec. Ifyou have it, use Badge. If not, make sure they're targetted and Spam sopo. Hit Tree if you need to.

Once their stuns fail (And by this time, your charm may be ready to tick a second time) and they are slept, hit a Vac/hp, Undine them and follow up with FoW. Hit them with a SR, WotP, Distance shrink - gush pyro.

I dunno, sins my level don't scare me. I HAVE been killed by them if they get a lucky crit, but generally tanking their damage till they fail, then overkilling them is easy.

Remember, they are just mellee archers with a few little tricks who need to be close to you to do any real damage. Vacs/Badge and Dew are your friends.

Hey Shev...pm AssassinTime for a fight when you have a moment, and see how you get on xD
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey Jib, ask him about our first encounter when he popped up at me in Secret Passage.
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I will do m8, but he's a big bigger and uglier now....still can't kill me, but we had a 10 minute fight yesterday before I popped himb:laugh
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Assassin my level have a lot of trouble with bypassing my charm.

When attacked, use Absolute Domain to interrupt his high damage combo. Use Force of Will as soon as possible. Once you stop his attacks judge the situation and either take event HP food or antistun pot. If you got 2 sparks - Sutra with Sandstorm as opener to cut their accuracy by half. If you crit on any spell in Sutra combo you will kill assassin by the end of Sutra effect, even if they are charmed and with Deaden Nerves.

If you don't have 2 sparks I suggest using fast skills like Will of Phoenix, Gush and Pyro. They hurt them as hell, once you tick their charm it's high chance they will Shadow Escape and leave you alone.

Example: crit of maxed Will of Phoenix (lvl 88 wiz) oneshotted pure dex assassin lvl 91 (Deaden Nerves was at cooldown at the time).

As of fighting assassin which outlevels you much... Well, you don't fight, you just die. Lvl 100 full geared assassin oneshots 8x wiz just as lvl 100 archer can do the same :p
    Packs World International
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Absolute domain + distance shrink away...After that its just a combination of hoping other people attack/stun them so they are dead :P
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hehe Jib, He IS alot scarier now. Those daggers. God damn.
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

• Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

die.

b:cry
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If I hit a wiz first.
    They die.
    I can lock people.
    Just shadow teleport- tackling slash-throatcut-rising dragon-headhunt...
    there usually dead after that.
    if they do survive just rib strike and slipstream after head.
    For a wiz I would say just like try to force of will as fast as possible, but if they have shadow teleport, goodluck.
    You could probs avoid shadow tele with spark also,
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dueled a lvl 76 sin yesterday, i had him down to about 25 hp without him touching me, then FoW ran out and he crit );
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm thinking Expel ought to work as well.

It's really kind of the same as archer vs assassin, except the wizard has higher defense, higher damage, and better control skills.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For me my best defence against a sin so far is to spam spark once initialy stunned then gush and WoP and laugh
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Apart from a multiple sin ganking in TW I don't struggle too much with them. Kinda helps the strongest sin on Sanc is my brother and we've tested against each other a lot thob:laugh

Key is to surviving their initial attack. After that it's pretty simple. FoW and whisper are your friend:)
  • BaiMei - Lost City
    BaiMei - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey Shev...pm AssassinTime for a fight when you have a moment, and see how you get on xD

I wanna watch you and that wizard duel..

I want to look at the preview..

anytime mail me back

thank you
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Necro.. *yawn*
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    damn, If I knew how op sins could b back then, I would just say to the guy that asked this sin vs wizard question to not attempt to 1v1 sins cuz u r dead meat(considering gears are equal and sin isnt bad at playing his char)
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmmm... Sutra + Town Portal? That's what I would do. b:chuckle
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmmm... Sutra + Town Portal? That's what I would do. b:chuckle

I doubt. Because you are stunned so you cannot do any action.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I doubt. Because you are stunned so you cannot do any action.b:chuckle

pro wizards badge out of stun, FoW the sin, blink, and then sutra tele, ijs
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pro wizards badge out of stun, FoW the sin, blink, and then sutra tele, ijs

That's better. But is this badge working if you are already stunned? Last time when I was stunned even genie skills didn't work. I tried to expel and nothing. I was unable to use any genie skills. But it was long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's better. But is this badge working if you are already stunned? Last time when I was stunned even genie skills didn't work. I tried to expel and nothing. I was unable to use any genie skills. But it was long time ago.

You trolling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You trolling?

I'm not trolling. I telling you I was unable to use expel, when I was stunned. It was the first thing what I did, when I was attacked by sin. Hit expel. But it didn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm not trolling. I telling you I was unable to use expel, when I was stunned. It was the first thing what I did, when I was attacked by sin. Hit expel. But it didn't work.

Expel dosnt work if ur already stunned but badge does
This discussion has been closed.