New Server!

Options

Comments

• Ziea - Harshlands
    Ziea - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:bye
    So who is going to go to this new server? I was wondering when they would put up the Arch server forum and if anyone is planning to make guilds there
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So who is going to go to this new server? I was wondering when they would put up the Arch server forum and if anyone is planning to make guilds there

It looks like Im the only one so far who has posted any information regarding starting a faction on the new server.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=650062

We have had a couple of interests, but it appears to me that compared to RT server's opening and this one, people arent as excited to move over, which may be a good thing, or bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

I know when RT server was announced, the forums were flooded with new guilds advertising and people buzzing about how awesome its going to be to start over on a new server. Now all there seems to be is QQ about QQ'ers who QQ about QQ'ers b:surrender

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WOO NEW SERVER BUT WHY NOT PVP? QQ b:cry
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    Azula - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i wont move over^-^
    left my 76 cleric on sanc for my now 90 sin on rt which is in thebest fac ever..<3
    so yeah..if it was pvp,maybe..but pve..no^^
    Born as a Sin,
    living a life full of death.
    The crimson liquid colored the snow,
    the eyes full of agony, you don't wanna know. ~Azula, Assasin, Infamy

Arcrueid...reroll...NAO!b:angry
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Crowded! Really, I do not know what server you are on but it is not lost, unless you inclued the people that have over 5 chars.

Next question! Level 90 funny all those high levels cannot even take down a level 50+ flying boss (Jewelscan) without a full squad.

Oh! that is right keep using oracles and doing bhs wined while skipping the extra exp, spirit, coins, and drops from the loads of mobs within the caves, what do you need these necessities for when all you need to do is kill the boss and beg others for funds when you cannot afford to fund your spirits or travel fee. OOps I forgot, you steal drops from "helping others" or helping yourself with other peoples fbs.

What PWI should do is for all the PVP servers erase the questing and just have Oracles, Bh with bosses only, and what you already lack skills. That should be real fun for all you pvp or shall I say pkers. b:laughb:bye
    New PvP server ftw. Best part of the game are the epic fights when your 4x-6x at the start of a new server. As for the current PvP servers, LC is too crowded and you're a lowbie there if under 90 anyways, and HL...there's just nothing to be said...It's self explanatory.

b:thanks PvP plawks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Asher - Raging Tide
    Asher - Raging Tide Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Crowded! Really, I do not know what server you are on but it is not lost, unless you inclued the people that have over 5 chars.

Next question! Level 90 funny all those high levels cannot even take down a level 50+ flying boss (Jewelscan) without a full squad.

Oh! that is right keep using oracles and doing bhs wined while skipping the extra exp, spirit, coins, and drops from the loads of mobs within the caves, what do you need these necessities for when all you need to do is kill the boss and beg others for funds when you cannot afford to fund your spirits or travel fee. OOps I forgot, you steal drops from "helping others" or helping yourself with other peoples fbs.

What PWI should do is for all the PVP servers erase the questing and just have Oracles, Bh with bosses only, and what you already lack skills. That should be real fun for all you pvp or shall I say pkers. b:laughb:bye
    skipping the extra exp, spirit, coins, and drops from the loads of mobs within the caves

Yey i really want the total exp of about 50k for 2 hours running through a 69/79/89. Time = Money. (i did genuinely laugh irl at this quote)
    what do you need these necessities for when all you need to do is kill the boss and beg others for funds when you cannot afford to fund your spirits or travel fee. OOps I forgot, you steal drops from "helping others" or helping yourself with other peoples fbs.

First you say they oracle all their levels, which requires a lot of cash shopping if you didn't notice then you call them beggars in the same paragraph? The oraclers are the ones wining your BH's because they have the money, be thankful that you can get wined BH's you seriously should consider re-rolling on this new carebear server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FapFapFap:
    Asher, cuz every1 can see he's shaved - classy women.
    Wifey:
    Wow, Devently had to vote Asher, Hes one sexy **** Woman. <3
    CupCake:
    Haha, easily Asher.. no contest.
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i guess I will return and play on the new west side server.. Someone has to protect the newbies and keep low prices on items and give stuff away to keep the game intensified..
    b:laughb:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodgrin
    bloodgrin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Good evening, i just finished downloading and updating PWI, i want to hear a few opinions if it isn't to much to ask, should i start now on one of the already existing servers or should i wait for the new one? what i mean is, what's the "down side" of starting in a fresh new server with no high lvl people around?

Thank you in advance to anyone that bothers to answer me; and i'm sorry if someone dosn't understand me, i'm not an english speaker
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    While I won't be returning for this I can see why they made it a pve server. Basically, there'll be a few people who will powerlevel by use of oracles/hyper exp/plain old training eso's(with maybe 2-3 people playing the account in shifts) who will hit 70-80 in a few days to a week.

They then find that they have trouble leveling as it will be hard to get a squad for BH's, FC's, RB's etc and so will pk all day(camping level 30+ spots as thats where the main playerbase will be by now). This leads to an unhealthy server with diminishing numbers of players due to RQ's boredom quits etc.

On a pve server most players can ignore this thing happening and level in peace.

pve server means more players will play on the server in the long term rather than the sporadic burst and deflation that happens on a pvp server. Either kind has low self esteem famewh0res who will powerlevel to get on pvp/level rankings but only pve will have long term cash shopping on a decent level.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What it has been, 6 months? That is when I last played this game, not counting those random logins, like once a month, though, I tried that Assasin class, but not really leveling it due some months gone even on RT. I`m really excited about starting new toon, so much more in the game at least if I can get any real picture by reading forums, though, I think leveling is made too easy for ppl with cash. I don`t have anything against cash shoppers, I myself may throw some money in game, but like in every game with some sort of cash shop, it will be "abused", making some totally unbalanced characters on server. Still way too excited about starting again and I`m not going to play before new server as I want as much new stuff for me to experience as possible. Hopefully I`m not the only one, would be a bummer to have solo server, though, I wouldn`t mind having ppl starting on a steady flow instead of spiking, making the starting areas bearable instead of insanely laggy, at least I`m not choosing TB class :).

But to get on the other purpose of posting, could moderators add new forum area for Archosaur, under server symposium? I know server hasn`t started yet, but it will start in matter of days so finding discussion for it shouldn`t be a problem. At least I would have forum section to keep me sane, though wanting a forum section to keep me sane, I can`t be too sane to start with.

Ps. I apologise for my prolly flawed English, it`s not the one I`ve been raised on, though after those years of studying it, you would think I knew a word or two.

Edit: "Archosaur server will be open for character creation as soon as maintenance ends on March 17th" What time does the maintenance take place? If I remember correctly, it was ~1am on server time, though I can be totally wrong, just wondering about the time frame I need to be hitting the comp.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It is way too soon for a new server. Like raging tide came out just 3 months ago? And my faction is rerolling to the new server so they have a better chance of getting land. b:sad Which is stupid they're just gonna cash shop their way to the top which is exactly what PWI wants people to do...
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I agree it is way too soon to open up a new server. Now all the wannabe TW factions that can't cut it on RT just go there to try again. If I thought the map was going to be easy before this announcement, this just made it even easier.

GG Raging Tide.
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I agree it is way too soon to open up a new server. Now all the wannabe TW factions that can't cut it on RT just go there to try again. If I thought the map was going to be easy before this announcement, this just made it even easier.

GG Raging Tide.

So what "wannabe TW faction that can't cut it on" LC,HL,HT, and Sanctuary were
    you in? Shutup and deal with it you hypocrite. If people want to go to a new server
    and spend more money, then they can. So what if that devalues your tw accomplishments.

Deal with it.

On topic*

I might go for the first 30 levels like I usually do to mess around but I am new to
    pve servers so I hope not everyone is a blue name b:angry
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I might go for the first 30 levels like I usually do to mess around but I am new to pve servers so I hope not everyone is a blue name b:angry

Then allow me to crush your hopes prematurely

The only low/mid level players who won't be blue name will have high level mains/alts that they will use to come and streamroll you after you kill their alt. The new server isn't likely to be any different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadeious
    jadeious Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can you help me with this problem the game keep telling me ythe client is running i let the damn game sit for a day sorry for the klanguage but it still said client running unable to update.
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I will be heading over due to the fact I have never had the opportunity of actually starting a game from the very beginning..

Also I will try to keep and maintain cheap prices on items as I did in the past on Heavens Tear Server.. I hate to leave my high char but then again its been awhile since i have played and its kinda dusty...

I will play as Cleric again since I was one of the best amongst other few clerics who can really multi-task during any type of runs and pay attention to what is going on and not be greedy at same time.

Also the fact is that the new sever is closer to me and will help out in fps and such! I hope to see a few other old buddies from heavens tear on the new server... Also it might be a couple of weeks before i decide to start on new server due to other obligations right now like cleaning the yard , removing debree and such..

Well im patient and helpful as always, also be nice to have and see a few GM's like frankie and the ole chicken over there...

Cya soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yep yep, we'll be there :)
  • Erond - Heavens Tear
    Erond - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Anyone knows what time it might be out?
  • nova3
    nova3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Impulse a dedicated TW guild is recruiting any1 who is interested. Submit your applications quick as we will have stricter requirements once the server opens b:thanks

ImpulsePW.tk or http://z7.invisionfree.com/ImpulsePW

See you all there b:bye
    Impulse TW Guild Recruiting for Archosaur Server ImpulsePW.tk
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wow another pve server that is soooo stupid lyk really we need another pvp server not a stupid pve server
  • Kibble - Raging Tide
    Kibble - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think its going to be a blast. ^^;
  • Haikay - Heavens Tear
    Haikay - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally i think it's going to be great fun. Friends and i are currently organizing one of the new factions (Neon) for when the server comes out. It Gives us a chance to make our own first faction together and a chance to compete knowing the ropes and starting fresh. ^^ So if you are looking for a new Archosaur server don't forget to check us out before you make your decision ^_- Good luck regardless and see you all in game.

Neon Forums
    Neon pwi recruitment thread
  • Royalking - Lost City
    Royalking - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what time will the server come 12:00 eastern time?
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wow another pve server that is soooo stupid lyk really we need another pvp server not a stupid pve server

I pray that you have a higher level character and are not just starting out saying that. If so, then I fear you have been indoctrinated in your short time here...Less people play on PvP servers overall than on PvE servers...Trust me.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what time will the server come 12:00 eastern time?

The server will open up after maintenance, which is usually midnight PST, which is 3 a.m EST

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nakhtuul wrote: »
    The server will open up after maintenance, which is usually midnight PST, which is 3 a.m EST

Although this depends on if they actually take the servers offline at the right time tonight...
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol seems like the only reason anyone is rerolling is for the competition.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cryb:shedtear WAHHHH I live on the east coast so TW is too late for me:b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nova3
    nova3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can't wait to get started =P Also it'd be nice if the GMs made an anouncement for when the server is going to open...
    Impulse TW Guild Recruiting for Archosaur Server ImpulsePW.tk
  • Gilbarath - Heavens Tear
    Gilbarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nakhtuul wrote: »

You mean maintainence is 3AM or the server is going to open at 3AM?b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.