lvl 90 axes

Options
2»

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well u know u can sell bound items? O_o as long as u didnt use binding charm to make them bound

Not... the auto bound ones after you equip...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well u know u can sell bound items? O_o as long as u didnt use binding charm to make them bound

Immortalized for posterity.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Noob$layer - Heavens Tear
    Noob$layer - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    O_o my friend sold his tt 80 gold pants..
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Probably haven't equipped them yet or lied. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    Probably haven't equipped them yet or lied. o.o

well he didnt lie but maybe he didnt equipped them i dont know
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TT gold equipment becomes bound as soon as they are equipped, buying a bind charm to bind the already bound is kinda......

If they are not equipped, they can be sold or traded to another person. This was done most likely since without this option, everyone would need the level their craft skills.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

edited March 2010
    Options
    TT gold equipment becomes bound as soon as they are equipped, buying a bind charm to bind the already bound is kinda......

If they are not equipped, they can be sold or traded to another person. This was done most likely since without this option, everyone would need the level their craft skills.

u serious? O_o now i need to consider selling my tt 90 gold bracersb:shocked
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are we talking about mobs or PvP? I wouldn't use zerk axes on a mob and if it's lots of mobs, you are actually saving HP by killing them faster.

If you don't see why zerk is good in PvP then...

let me quote myself, "if you have to rely on zerk to kill something then you need to practice a bit more." this goes for pvp and pve
    edited March 2010
    Options
    let me quote myself, "if you have to rely on zerk to kill something then you need to practice a bit more." this goes for pvp and pve

LMAO? And if wiz have to rely on kiting to kill someone, they need to practice more until they can kill someone while standing still. While you are at it, throw away your genie, charm and pots. If you need the help of genie to kill someone, you need to practice a bit more. Why shard and refine your armor or even get TT armor? Practice until you are pwning with NPC armor and weapon.

Let me guess, Barbs that use Armageddon need 10 times as much practice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eowyn - Sanctuary
    eowyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this.

On topic, for some relatively cheap axes for 90-95 go with behemoth axes. or NPC axes lol. (rly, they're not THAT bad).
    But honestly, why would you not invest in a good set of axes for that lvl range? I don't know what kind of player you are, but unless you will be doing Hyper Exp'd FCC and Delta's non stop its gonna take you quite a while to get to 95...
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LMAO? And if wiz have to rely on kiting to kill someone, they need to practice more until they can kill someone while standing still. While you are at it, throw away your genie, charm and pots. If you need the help of genie to kill someone, you need to practice a bit more. Why shard and refine your armor or even get TT armor? Practice until you are pwning with NPC armor and weapon.

Let me guess, Barbs that use Armageddon need 10 times as much practice?

lol guess im not allowed my own opinions. i will continue to play without zerk weapons because its not something that can be relied upon and i don't like to waste the hp. flame me some more nooblet
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh you are perfectly entitled to your opinions and certainly no one's going to make you use a weapon with zerk. But the flaming started with you where you took a resource available to BM and claimed it as something you only use when you are not good enough. If you intentionally avoid zerk to gimp yourself, well, that's your choice. I could be mistaken but most people would use every resource available to them to make them stronger.

It's fine to have your opinion, but that doesn't mean you don't need to back it up with logical arguments if you expect to be taken seriously. If you noticed in my first reply that I stated that giving up that 5% HP when you are fighting many mobs at once would actually end the fight quicker, results in overall less HP lost form battle. Sure, there are many people you can kill without zerk but it only makes the battle quicker. For the ones you can't kill through charm, zerk gives you the chance of high spike damage to take them down before charm ticks or even just by pass it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    75-95 went pretty quick for me, BH didn't come out until my 8Xs, and hpyer didn't come out till I was 96. Mostly just do every single daily you have (CS, WQ, BH, Cube) and you can gain 10%+ each day pretty much. I normally didn't even grind, just those enough were to keep the xp coming in for leveling.

As for this:

Ordinarily I would just figure it's because as a high level on a new server, it isn't very difficult to kill people much at all. They haven't geared up or refined across the player base as much, so until the server matures in power level, it really isn't able to be used as a basis for anything.
    lol guess im not allowed my own opinions. i will continue to play without zerk weapons because its not something that can be relied upon and i don't like to waste the hp. flame me some more nooblet

This almost sounds like two bits of logic coutering each other. If sac strike doesn't proc, you don't lose health; in the case of Calamities, they would just be double adds to health. If it does waste health, then it proc'ed, which means faster killing and in the end less health loss. So either way, the waste of health thing is kinda....yeah.

• Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Zerk dominates for both PvE and PvP. If calas stats said 10% crit instead of sacraficial strike, would you still think they are unreliable? As Telarith said, the only time you will lose HP is when you are dealing very nice damage, because axes are all skill spam. If you are out of chi and can't spam skills, switch to your fists. You should never land an auto attack with axes on except by mistake...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As for this:

Ordinarily I would just figure it's because as a high level on a new server, it isn't very difficult to kill people much at all. They haven't geared up or refined across the player base as much, so until the server matures in power level, it really isn't able to be used as a basis for anything.

would it mean more coming from this character?
  • PJ - Dreamweaver
    PJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    or maybe this one helps you decide to?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not really, 8X isn't that high for end game pvp, and unless you're going against the +5 refined barbs or such, it's really not as meaningful. The server continually matures, and refines will keep increasing. In 8X range, people are still saving their high spending for 90+ gear. That's going to be where sac strike is going to be needed for axers. Unless you mean multiple people ganking the one CSer with apoths.

• CJseven - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not really, 8X isn't that high for end game pvp, and unless you're going against the +5 refined barbs or such, it's really not as meaningful. The server continually matures, and refines will keep increasing. In 8X range, people are still saving their high spending for 90+ gear. That's going to be where sac strike is going to be needed for axers. Unless you mean multiple people ganking the one CSer with apoths.

lol there is just no satisfying you trolls
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol there is just no satisfying you trolls

What use is advice that invalidates itself over time? In the early areas, when the skills can still be leveled up, there is an increase in damage to match the weapon. During this time, sac strike is not needed for kills. When people finally acquire their end game gear, they have nothing else to do but spend their coin on higher and higher refines. And outside of the one time boost from going celestial on skill, they stop increasing their boost in damage. And the damage of the weapon is not enough to keep up, as the higher defense and health of targets renders it moot.

Your advice works only within a certain time frame, which will differ off of time frame of server, and character level. When you reach the 100 area with Nirvana gear, your advice is invalidated. And considering sac strike is useful before then, what point is there to a trolling post saying anyone who needs it has no skill? Come back when the server has been around a year+, and see how true that is in killing the higher end player base at that point in time. Most likely will be as true as Lyndura's first guide was.

edited March 2010
    Options
    BTW did I mention that your genie attacks can proc zerk, results in genie zerk-crit? But of course, people who needs their genie to zerk has no skills but it's perfectly fine to use genie's attack when it can't zerk. My bad, I'm assuming that you use genie, something to aid you in your damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This almost sounds like two bits of logic coutering each other. If sac strike doesn't proc, you don't lose health; in the case of Calamities, they would just be double adds to health. If it does waste health, then it proc'ed, which means faster killing and in the end less health loss. So either way, the waste of health thing is kinda....yeah.

The funny thing is... he's really only talking about PvE. In PvE, especially while autoattacking bosses, SS proc's much more noticeably than in PvE where it's unreliable at best. In that case, yeah I had past axes I would use for HH... until I restat for fists/claws.

Endgame = axes fail.

Even +10 GX are a disappointment unless you're a pure STR build, but that would leave you with 3 vit, and unless you're highly refined, really easy for any caster class to one-shot you.

OP, you're more of a troll than anyone else here... you're almost 9x and the server is like what barely 3 months old? Most of your time has either been spent oracling or bhing, so yeah, you'll think non-sacrifical strike is better. You steal less aggro, you die less.. you also don't do any significant damage. All you're worth is your dragons and stuns. Even with Sacrifical Strike, you might get a few high zerk crits, but when you hit 100, there is no real path other than fists if you want to remain factor.

Even highly Nirvana axes won't do much when the rest of your opponents have Nirvana armor, because by the time you can afford to upgrade axes, everyone else will already have armor. So you'll be good at killing lowbies, but that's about it. I wish I could say other paths are significant for a BM at endgame, but unless axe mastery gets a higher multiplier, or strength:damage is increased as they did with chi, your usefulness in PvE will be severely gimped.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lunar axes do not have zerk. The 90 Axes Gold are the best axes you can get pretty much. Although the 95 Pole has zerk on it which is quite nice
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The funny thing is... he's really only talking about PvE. In PvE, especially while autoattacking bosses, SS proc's much more noticeably than in PvE where it's unreliable at best. In that case, yeah I had past axes I would use for HH... until I restat for fists/claws.

Endgame = axes fail.

Even +10 GX are a disappointment unless you're a pure STR build, but that would leave you with 3 vit, and unless you're highly refined, really easy for any caster class to one-shot you.

OP, you're more of a troll than anyone else here... you're almost 9x and the server is like what barely 3 months old? Most of your time has either been spent oracling or bhing, so yeah, you'll think non-sacrifical strike is better. You steal less aggro, you die less.. you also don't do any significant damage. All you're worth is your dragons and stuns. Even with Sacrifical Strike, you might get a few high zerk crits, but when you hit 100, there is no real path other than fists if you want to remain factor.

Even highly Nirvana axes won't do much when the rest of your opponents have Nirvana armor, because by the time you can afford to upgrade axes, everyone else will already have armor. So you'll be good at killing lowbies, but that's about it. I wish I could say other paths are significant for a BM at endgame, but unless axe mastery gets a higher multiplier, or strength:damage is increased as they did with chi, your usefulness in PvE will be severely gimped.

Someone using axes to DD on a boss isn't really someone to bother talking about. If using axes, there should be a good many mobs around in PvE. If only one, why are they using axes instead of swapping? Laziness or bad playing isn't something I bother with in advice. Maybe sound a bit trollish, but they just aren't playing at even middle potential, so meh.