lvl 90 axes

Noob$layer - Heavens Tear
Noob$layer - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
im lvl 86, almost 87 and im using cala's till now +3 1 immac amber and one flaw garnet
i also use fists(AoS) and pole (Solid Truth)
at lvl 95 im gonna get lunar axes or poleaxe but i need to get new axes at lvl 90 cause cala's at lvl 90 is actually rly lame lol
but i also dont wanna spend much money on the axes, not more then 5mil
any suggestions what axes i should get that will also be cheap???
Post edited by Noob$layer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ehmi - Heavens Tear
    Ehmi - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You can get the FF green lvl85 Dual hammers Undisputed Dominator. Same base as tt90 but refines a little lower. They are about cheap if you look around. And the lunar axes are junk for BM spend a little more for Star Axes or GXes or just wait for tt99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally I'm using OHT axes (Djinn's Waltz) that I created which came out with nice bonus to HP and MP, as well as 2 sockets. b:surrender
    For all the mats, it's no more than 1mil tops but it's a gamble. I mean if you can afford a TT90, by all means, it's just that I didn't have enough resources on me after getting my TT90 armor set.

They seem to do just fine, and I'm currently saving for a GX...who knows when that'll happen when I'm also saving for a Lunar cape. b:shedtear
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Still using Calas just fine, and I'm not switching till Ancient Evil decides he wants to drop 2 ADS for me, or till I can get some squads going to farm my 99 gold axes.
    Part of the 1st Delta completed on my server and my +5 Calas worked just fine b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I happen to be selling these:

2010-03-0307-13-11.jpg
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I bought Star Axes for 3.5 mil b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noob$layer - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    You can get the FF green lvl85 Dual hammers Undisputed Dominator. Same base as tt90 but refines a little lower. They are about cheap if you look around. And the lunar axes are junk for BM spend a little more for Star Axes or GXes or just wait for tt99.
    lunar axes and gx cost the same, about 50mil each
    and lunar r way better since they r lvl 13
    and cala's can do more dmg then tt 90 axes if the effect works?
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lunar axes and gx cost the same, about 50mil each
    and lunar r way better since they r lvl 13

Why not try and get the Level 90 gold TT axes, they have the same effect as calam's if im not mistaken
    edited March 2010
    Why not try and get the Level 90 gold TT axes, they have the same effect as calam's if im not mistaken

because i can get the same effect in lunar axes
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ...and lunar r way better since they r lvl 13
    No.
    because i can get the same effect in lunar axes

What? As far as I know, lunar axes don't have zerk on them...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16076
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited March 2010
    What? As far as I know, lunar axes don't have zerk on them...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16076

yea but i can make them have zerk but nvm i just want cheap axes to use at lvl 90-95
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You can make them have zerk, Am I missing something here?
    edited March 2010
    yea but i can make them have zerk

Errrr how?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    its a secret lol cant tell..b:chuckle
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is he thinking of the lvl 100 lunar axes that get crafted with tome frags? Only one I know of that can get random sac strike add; unless he's skipped ahead to Nirvana already.

Calamities work fine, just don't be lazy like other BMs and do the aftercast cancel to speed up DPS. I still get aggro over pure axe BMs when doing frost runs with +5 Calamity, so I see no need to get either TT90 axe when end game will be Nirvana anyways.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lunar axe can get zerk when u updrage it 2 times with nirvana
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only way to make that come true is to upgrade the lunar axes into 2nd recast nirvana and hope you get a berserk add on them (over 300m price tag most likely). Your other berserk axe options lie in hopeing a tt100 gold axe has berserk + decent other mods (almost none of these exist)...or you could just go with a perfectly built set of hatchets, with their vit mod, and berserk mod at a much cheaper/easier cost.

Hatchets are arguably the best axes because berserk in aoe is just bad **** (1 proc hits all targets), and for special attack spam it boosts damage considerably...you could argue increasing the base damage is better, but berserk proc will just double the final damage, allowing you to hit insanely harder than most other axes ever will (spike damage being axes entire purpose). They also dont require a ton of luck or over 100m to make. Lunar axes are only good if you want something decent to dd with or dont like the berserk side effects of hp loss while doing pve activities, and that argument also applies to tt99.
    edited March 2010
    guys i can get berserk effect on lunar axes without niravana or anything
    and it wont be expensive lol just normal gold lunar axes
    but if i use my cala's till lvl 95 ill be rly noob? ><
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    am i the only bm in game who thinks zerk axes suck? go with the devil axes at 90, just my opinion
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hehe you probably aren't alone in thinking that zerk axes suck. But like RRARR posted above, the aoe proc on all targets is just too good. Let's face it, with the increase of extremely good gear put out via the anni packs, a BM should want to maximize his or her damage as much as possible. It's a bit more difficult to kill once "squishy" classes. We don't hit as hard as wizards or archers, so taking advantage of a double damage mod at the sacrifice of 5% HP is actually not all that bad. Gives BM's back the chance to one shot opponents of the same level range.

Of course I don't think a BM should limit themselves to just one end game weapon. Sacrificial strike pole-blades are quite nice too ;)
    edited March 2010
    am i the only bm in game who thinks zerk axes suck? go with the devil axes at 90, just my opinion
    Why does it suck? Zerk gives you the spike damage that BM lacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Why does it suck? Zerk gives you the spike damage that BM lacks.

just my own opinion but i don't like wasting my hp to do more dmg on something im going to kill with or without zerk. if you have to rely on zerk to kill something then you need to practice a bit more.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just get whatever other weapon you want TT90 or whatever and hold the Calamities for Pvp (unless you plan on not Pking or any pvp at all since yours is pve) Calamities more pvp based anyway
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    I thought 5 aps fists was the in thing nowadays? You don't need berserk axes just to use hf/stun. b:question
    edited March 2010
    volst wrote: »
    I thought 5 aps fists was the in thing nowadays? You don't need berserk axes just to use hf/stun. b:question
    well also if i get 5 aps fists it doesnt mean i dont need zerk, its always good to have spike dmg
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, seems to me that if u got the coin or even the mats, u should try and get the GX HH90 axes or known as Calloused Lionheart Hatchets. But Star axes would prob be a good choice too.
    edited March 2010
    just my own opinion but i don't like wasting my hp to do more dmg on something im going to kill with or without zerk. if you have to rely on zerk to kill something then you need to practice a bit more.

Are we talking about mobs or PvP? I wouldn't use zerk axes on a mob and if it's lots of mobs, you are actually saving HP by killing them faster.

If you don't see why zerk is good in PvP then...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Hmm, seems to me that if u got the coin or even the mats, u should try and get the GX HH90 axes or known as Calloused Lionheart Hatchets. But Star axes would prob be a good choice too.
    both r rly expensive, i want something cheap that can serve me good till lvl 95 :P
    edited March 2010
    Could stick with calas... they give you a nice HP boost. I actually come across lots of 9X BM on Harshlands with calas still (which confuses me when they have fashion on and just shows calas. I'll think them as 7X-8X) and some have them refined to +10, not so much on Dreamweaver tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Outside of high refinement, Calas are as good as Lion's for the most part. While there is a good amount of phys attk difference between the two, it is less an over-all % of damage difference since the skills will boost the damage anyways. And one shouldn't be using axes in auto-attack anyways, outside of demonstrating how bad an idea it is.

So to make Lion's a good enough amount of damage over Cala's, they will need a high level refine. The kind that could have been used instead to purchase Nirvana crystals to make your end-game Nirvana berserk axes, which are the end game anyways.

So I pretty much just looked at TT90 axes and thought why bother. For little noticeable gain, I can spend alot of coin that would have been more productive use towards Nirvana grade. And even worse, would be stuck with the bound axes and no way to recoup my losses, unlike with calas.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited March 2010
    Outside of high refinement, Calas are as good as Lion's for the most part. While there is a good amount of phys attk difference between the two, it is less an over-all % of damage difference since the skills will boost the damage anyways. And one shouldn't be using axes in auto-attack anyways, outside of demonstrating how bad an idea it is.

So to make Lion's a good enough amount of damage over Cala's, they will need a high level refine. The kind that could have been used instead to purchase Nirvana crystals to make your end-game Nirvana berserk axes, which are the end game anyways.

So I pretty much just looked at TT90 axes and thought why bother. For little noticeable gain, I can spend alot of coin that would have been more productive use towards Nirvana grade. And even worse, would be stuck with the bound axes and no way to recoup my losses, unlike with calas.

well u know u can sell bound items? O_o as long as u didnt use binding charm to make them bound