Best barb weapon

urbandetox
urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Besides the warsouls, which is pretty much unattainable, what is the best Barb weapon?
Post edited by urbandetox on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Grade 15 Nirvana dual axes with zerk.

GL with that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    imo opinion i think tht wep tht has a 20% chi shield or wut ever is the best wep i cnt remember the name lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    imo opinion i think tht wep tht has a 20% chi shield or wut ever is the best wep i cnt remember the name lol

You are talking about Pan Gu's axe..

But most of the barbs consider TT90 Gold axes (GXes) with zerk effect as the best wep for a barb..
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    thts pretty good for pvp but imo not rlly useful in pve unless you gots a charm
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You are talking about Pan Gu's axe..

But most of the barbs consider TT90 Gold axes (GXes) with zerk effect as the best wep for a barb..
    that hardly makes them the best. they make the best for a pvp situation, though there are OHT axes that own the living hell out of them floating around.

for tanking id think:
    pan gu's giant axe
    or
    dragonhunt, hp and vit is nice :p

pvp situations:
    any G11+ weapon with sacrificial strike on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're not a demon barb TT90 axes will help a lot with holding aggro at upper levels. IF you like calamity axes there is no reason not to go for the lionheart hatches.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that hardly makes them the best. they make the best for a pvp situation, though there are OHT axes that own the living hell out of them floating around.

for tanking id think:
    pan gu's giant axe
    or
    dragonhunt, hp and vit is nice :p

pvp situations:
    any G11+ weapon with sacrificial strike on it
    Yeppy, that's the general best option for your regular lvl 85 -100 weapon path. Though, I'm planning to be an "odd Barb out" by using the Chaotic impliment as my 90 wep path, so that I can get the Anchor of Chaosb:dirty

So my plans are:
    PvE (which I favour best):
    Chaotic Impliment --> Anchor of Chaos --->Chaos Impact: Nirvana(if possible b:surrender) -->Force of Chaos: Earthquake (damn!! :O)

PvP (meh):
    Thunderdeath Edges (which I will refine as high as possible, and I'm not a fan of the 'Zerk' cause it sux to have in solo PvE with no HP charm and minimal HP pots -.-)
    and also maybe a Djinns's Waltz at lvl 100 with decent addons, I love those axesb:victory
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most expensive: G15 Nirvana duel axes with zerk (gl on that unless you wanna sell your car over a videogame)

Mid range: Djinns walz G13 past axe with zerk (requires a lot of luck crafting but far cheaper)

Cheapest option: lvl 90 Calloused Lionheart axes with zerk

For challenging tanking and pulling cata i would go with lvl 95 DragonHunt or lvl 85 Pan Gu's axe tho.

Also lvl TT100 orange poleaxe seems decent and Golden mask is pretty cheap in comparison with other options, but no zerk ;(

Im still using XS on my barb at lvl 92 tho b:surrender Dont wanna loose all that vit and hp to add strength for GX until 95+ or so when gear needs more strength to.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Mid range: Djinns walz G13 past axe with zerk (requires a lot of luck crafting but far cheaper)

Has anyone other than Calvin gotten that yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've seen a few lvl 100 OHT axes with zerk on them around on HT.

I say OHT axes "potentially" can be better than TT90-99
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What are the chances to get zerk on Djinns walz? And what are the chances to get the zerk on the Nirvana G15 dual axe?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    urbandetox wrote: »
    What are the chances to get zerk on Djinns walz? And what are the chances to get the zerk on the Nirvana G15 dual axe?

Going off of pwdatabase.com, Djinns have a 7% chance of getting zerk.

Not sure for Nirvana though, might be the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tekkblade - Harshlands
    Tekkblade - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol im taking my chances on HH100/nirvana // i would say its best for pvp based for barb

if ur going to go Pure vit tanking//tw//PVE - my advice is for u to also look into pangu's giant axe.

there are some good weapons in between but.. actually farming them can be a quest of its own.

goodluck with your weapon searching..
    I'm bored..b:surrender

and might look forward to making warsoul weapon too (rofl)

cashmoney/talkblade/luved by haters for my wallet b:victoryb:bye
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A good trick for a territory war weapon (for a cata-puller) is a set of beacon axes (TT90 16-17 vit) with HP shards in them.
    Much cheaper than Pan Gu's and actually a little better (unless you really want to put hp shards in a weapon that's actually very good for general PvE). Bear in mind that the chi shield is largely useless to a cata-puller, 90% of the time you are not actually hitting anything.

Can't be bothered to go back to quote it, but someone was recommending against calloused lionheart hatchets (GX to those who insist on copying MY server nomenclature) for tanking. I would heartily recommend them for this, I've been tanking with them since I was 90 and they are perfect for it, I find I hold aggro from 95+ archers much better with them than with my other weapons, purely because of the damage spikes from sacrificial strike hits. The 5% damage (which is almost exactly 1000 damage for me in tiger form) you take when you land a sacrificial strike hit is no problem whatsoever.

OHT axes; getting sacrificial strike has approximately 7% chance as someone already said, getting vit AND sacrificial strike? You're looking at much much lower chances. The calloused lionheart hatchets also have +77 pattk so they do pretty much the same base damage as gold djin's waltz axes unless you manage to also get a +pattk stat on them (good luck!)
    If that wasn't bad enough; only the gold djin's waltz (level 100) actually do more damage, the chance of crafting the gold ones is pretty low (less than 10% in my experience).
    You'd have to refine the level 91 or 97 Djin's Waltz axes beyond about +6 to actually get them to do more damage than the hatchets =P
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You are talking about Pan Gu's GIANT axe..

Fixed that for ya...there's two Pan Gu's...one has a chi shield and the other doesn't. b:pleased As for damage, you have to have high levels of refine on Pan Gu's Giant axe to do much damage. As for Pan Gu's axe, I don't know...I don't have one.

@OP Rank 8 weapons are nice as well.

However I don't know how they would do in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
    Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yes i have the claimitys on my main lv 81 blademaster only cost him 1-2m but the tt 90 gold lionheart axes cost like 42m+ how can i make they money so i can but then and i dont want to spend real life money to buy them so how would i do b:pleasedb:pleased
  • Armageddon - Harshlands
    Armageddon - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lunar zerk axes +10 this is my weapon atm beats any other hh100 or gx the damage spike is nice and the zerk makes it easy to kill any heavy armor. besides the fact im demon and my crits with zerk make killin people easy as eating pie. and the craftin to make this is easy chances of gettn zerk is low but ur a barb farm mats and make the axes at the end its the best their is.
    GO GO ARMA RANGER THUN THUN THUN THUN GO GO ARMA RANGER MIGHTY MORPHIN ARMA RANGER!!!
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best Barb Weapons till 95:

PVP
    Calamity Axes of Blood (lvl 70)
    Calloused Lion Hatches (lvl 90)

PVM (tanking)
    Giant Ape Beast Axes (lvl 80)
    Beacon Axes (lvl 90)

Best weapon for both
    Absolute Dominator (lvl 85)
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best Barb Weapons till 95:

PVP
    Calamity Axes of Blood (lvl 70)
    Calloused Lion Hatches (lvl 90)

PVM (tanking)
    Giant Ape Beast Axes (lvl 80)
    Beacon Axes (lvl 90)

Best weapon for both
    Absolute Dominator (lvl 85)

..Pan Gu's GIANT axe for PvE and tank.
    Mine are refined +5 and i can keep aggro on my gf, pure dex demon archer with Broadland +4

b:bye
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lunar zerk axes +10 this is my weapon atm beats any other hh100 or gx the damage spike is nice and the zerk makes it easy to kill any heavy armor. besides the fact im demon and my crits with zerk make killin people easy as eating pie. and the craftin to make this is easy chances of gettn zerk is low but ur a barb farm mats and make the axes at the end its the best their is.

Lunar Zerk axes ??

can i see picture of that lol or u mean ☆Dragonhunt ( aka fake gx )
    it has

Range +2 ( **** stat )
    HP: +245
    Vitality +16~17

Personaly i am using TT100 for PVE ( nets me over 20 % crit so most hits r crit anyhow also i puted 2x 2 def gem in it geting 4 def lvl )

and Gx (tt90 gold ) for PVP (read for using armagedon )
  • FOOD - Harshlands
    FOOD - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lunar Zerk axes ??

it has

Range +2 ( **** stat )
    Vitality +16~17

Personaly i am using TT100 for PVE ( nets me over 20 % crit so most hits r crit anyhow also i puted 2x 2 def gem in it geting 4 def lvl )

i think he means the djinz walts axes? OHT? idk... cause no one has lunar zerk axes as of yet
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lunar Zerk axes ??

it has

Range +2 ( **** stat )
    Vitality +16~17

Hi Temp *bows to the masta fat kitty* b:victory

Some people mistakenly (or maybe not...) label gold OHT as lunar, because you can auto-forge gold OHT weapons at the forges in lunar glade with lunar materials+green lunar edge. It's a really expensive gamble, but a GR13 dual axe with zerk is worth it if you are lucky enough to get it.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hehe, Hiya :) b:cute

OH i c , so OHT grade 13 wiht zerk (now sacrificial )
    hm that could be nice , i never saw any if someone has screen post :)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I just got a gatherstorm 2 sockets and put 2 perfect amber shards in it, omg i'm in love <3333333
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Chefstabs - Heavens Tear
    Chefstabs - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I use beacon axes with 100 amber shard sage barb with 2 misty pure tank build there good at pvp and pve and going for the 99 brimestone axes 3% crt +16-17 vit i can hold agro pretty good too
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, for some of us GX is kinda out of the question. Ffs 538 chips AND 11.5 mil for 1 acient devil's soul and plz son't tell me ''kill belial for it''. I'd really love them, but give me a hint. How did you guys get them? And yet again don't tell me ''buy anni/coral packs''
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, for some of us GX is kinda out of the question. Ffs 538 chips AND 11.5 mil for 1 acient devil's soul and plz son't tell me ''kill belial for it''. I'd really love them, but give me a hint. How did you guys get them? And yet again don't tell me ''buy anni/coral packs''

Kill Belial/Ancient Evil.

I know someone that got both Devil Soul drop on his first run. Personally it took me over 30 runs to get mine, but I was unlucky.

It takes time but stick with it, it shouldn't take long with a bit of work.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I farmed one and got the other with chips.. this seriously is the way people do it.
    Make friends with a high level archer and cleric, then taking down ancient evil isn't really that hard
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Killing belial and getting the people for it is a challenge, but very fun and doable. Most ppl don't bother with him, so you can take over their runs as soon as they are done as well. I saw 2 drop during double drops once, total i've seen about 6 drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to be honest, I think if you can get a gatherstorm i'd pick that over a pan gu's giant axe lol.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary