Best barb weapon

2»

Comments

• Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I saw ☆Pan Gu's Giant Axe being used by barbs for catpulling.

The ☆☆Djinn's Waltz is comaparably cheap and can have nice stats.

☆Calloused Lionheart Hatchets

The
    ☆Anchor of Chaos may be also a good one?!

I see some barbs using also the ☆Unparalleled Brimstone Edges

☆☆Ashura of Purgatory b:dirty

And some Nirvana axes
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I saw ☆Pan Gu's Giant Axe being used by barbs for catpulling.

The ☆☆Djinn's Waltz is comaparably cheap and can have nice stats.

☆Calloused Lionheart Hatchets

The
    ☆Anchor of Chaos may be also a good one?!

I see some barbs using also the ☆Unparalleled Brimstone Edges

☆☆Ashura of Purgatory b:dirty

And some Nirvana axes

I'd rather have my gatherstorm for pulling catpulling. But I know most of you would argue with me on that one xD
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Feral_Wrath - Lost City
    Feral_Wrath - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Gatherstorm may increase all your defenses, but its very unlikely it would reduce damage taken as much as Pan Ghus. Anyone who has one can clarify how much it increases p/mdef by? And the HP gain is too minimal to save your **** in a TW.

EDIT: Sorry forgot it increases physical attack and regens HP not raise defenses. :P
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Gatherstorm may increase all your defenses, but its very unlikely it would reduce damage taken as much as Pan Ghus. Anyone who has one can clarify how much it increases p/mdef by? And the HP gain is too minimal to save your **** in a TW.

EDIT: Sorry forgot it increases physical attack and regens HP not raise defenses. :P

I think for upper barbs with 20k hp 5% regen is better, and the mini spark can very well lead to increased attack = to a zerk, but with regen of hp not negate of hp.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Feral_Wrath - Lost City
    Feral_Wrath - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its a great weapon theres no denying. :P Its just for catapulling Pan Ghus is superior. You're not doing any fighting as a catapuller, most only attack towers to build chi/proc pan ghu or other defense increasing weapon. When youre getting hammered by any kind of attack imaginable, its better to reduce all damage taken for a few seconds than to recover 5% HP. Not to mention the large amount of HP pan ghus gives. :P Its the perfect catapulling weapon, especially for full vit build barbs.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Its a great weapon theres no denying. :P Its just for catapulling Pan Ghus is superior. You're not doing any fighting as a catapuller, most only attack towers to build chi/proc pan ghu or other defense increasing weapon. When youre getting hammered by any kind of attack imaginable, its better to reduce all damage taken for a few seconds than to recover 5% HP. Not to mention the large amount of HP pan ghus gives. :P Its the perfect catapulling weapon, especially for full vit build barbs.

Everyone I know tells me to keep my gatherstorm and not switch to a pan gu's giant axe even though I'm a cata barb.... just how it goes I guess xD
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm with Feral_Wrath here, Pan Gu's is my preference for cata-pulling. I feel that the 20% damage reduction is a far far better bonus than a 5% hp regen. The increase in attack from Gatherstorm is virtually pointless since, as we all know, the barb is doing negligible damage to the crystal / towers anyway.
    On top of that, Pan Gu's giant axe is also giving you 14-15 vit and 205hp. Gatherstorm is giving crit and strength, which for a cata-puller is just a waste.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the best tanking wpn is actually gold djinn walts w/ +15 vit +15vit +15vit
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    the best tanking wpn is actually gold djinn walts w/ +15 vit +15vit +15vit

ummmmmmm no O_o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ummmmmmm no O_o

why not? it gives an extra 250 hp than say dragon hunt or pan gu. it does more dmg than a pangu, around the same dmg as dragon hunt.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    why not? it gives an extra 250 hp than say dragon hunt or pan gu. it does more dmg than a pangu, around the same dmg as dragon hunt.

The hp it gives doesn't make up the 20% chi reduction from pan gu's or get anywhere near the 5% regen from gatherstorm. The extra damage has a half decent point, but getting a pan gu or gatherstorm well refined it does more then enough for the job.

PS we are barbs as long as you hold aggro it's only about surviving and the other two weapons do a much better job at that.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its a matter of preference... Its also throughout the levels too.

Everyone loves 3*s, mold, TT, etc equips. But the stats with P.DMG, accuracy, P.DEF, HP and VIT bonus is really the best for barbs.

I personally take

LVL70 ~ heraldry axes that would put a nice boost for myself from firestorm and Poison fang effects. But most of all , it helps the caster classes nuke better without the cleric having to use elemental seal whenever I squad with them

LVL80~ Lion king axes or great ape axes, both are great IMO, The extra VIT and P.DEF will help, stun is a bonus too. While Lionking axes do have a DD role, but regeneration is what makes it reliable to tank with as well

LVL90~ star axes or devil axes, devil axes must be a great weapon to recover MP, while Gloom have better arrgo with just te cost of MP.

LVL99~ Scarlet axes GG, the best tanking axe ingame I really would love to obtain this weapon and give it faster channeling. Self healing, P.DEF and VIT bonus is a barb's best friend. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye