EVENT: Project Fashion!

Options

Comments

• EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How do you color in photoshop? I tried but it came out like ****, do you ink your drawing first?

It is pretty easy once you get a hang of it. All my designs I've done for this contest I drew directly into the computer using my WACOM tablet and a paint program called Paint Tool SAI (a japanese software). I normally sketch out a drawing on paper first, then ink it with pen and scan though, like you said. It was just easier to do it purely digitally in this case since I was using a screencap of the female model to go by for proportional reasons.

If you need some tutorials on how to digitally color using Photoshop I suggest you take a look at some of the tutorials on deviantART, there are many many good walkthoughs there. I learned from reading a photoshop book years ago. No matter what method you use, they all are pretty much the same. And most painting programs tend to act the same way, also.

Some tutorials that show the methods I also use:

- Photoshop Coloring by NeonDragon (this same method can also be used in SAI)
    - Coloring Technique (Photoshop) by Yuni
  • NoragTheEvil - Dreamweaver
    NoragTheEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It is pretty easy once you get a hang of it. All my designs I've done for this contest I drew directly into the computer using my WACOM tablet and a paint program called Paint Tool SAI (a japanese software). I normally sketch out a drawing on paper first, then ink it with pen and scan though, like you said. It was just easier to do it purely digitally in this case since I was using a screencap of the female model to go by for proportional reasons.

If you need some tutorials on how to digitally color using Photoshop I suggest you take a look at some of the tutorials on deviantART, there are many many good walkthoughs there. I learned from reading a photoshop book years ago. No matter what method you use, they all are pretty much the same. And most painting programs tend to act the same way, also.

Thank you, btw I checked out your deviant art and became a big fan lol keep up the good work
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thank you, btw I checked out your deviant art and became a big fan lol keep up the good work

Sure! I'm glad to help others who are learning and to learn from others. :D

Thanks for the compliments! ^_^ I'll certainly do my best :)
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow EIlvira, your work is really impressive. I sooo love the victorian/goth/lolita's style, with the laces, the folds, the corset... the others one is really nice also, I particulary like the laced boots =^.^=

But what I prefer is your haircuts O_O they are so pwettyyy !

I admire everyone's artz here, they all have genuine good and original ideas, continue like that ! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok i tried my hand at coloring in photoshop
    http://i45.tinypic.com/263bzg3.jpg
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Incorrect.

I spoke to a GM a while back about possibly offering Zen as a prize, and was informed that Zen/Gold is monitored by the accounting department, IE treated as real currency.

I don't know what sort of hoops PWI's jumping through to have a Zen prize approved now, but the bottom line is, it represents actual money in the company's ledgers, the same as a gift-card would at a retail store such as Best Buy or Gamestop.

Actually, no, it still doesn't cost them anything in real money. The zen may be monitored by the accounting dept. but it is because it represents SALES! Zen is ALL they actually sell (excluding Torchlight). Everything else is bought in-game after converting the Zen to Gold.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok i tried my hand at coloring in photoshop
    http://i45.tinypic.com/263bzg3.jpg

:O That is so hot ^_^
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
    edited March 2010
    Options
    :O That is so hot ^_^

b:thanks thanks but it might be offensive to barbs lol
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:thanks thanks but it might be offensive to barbs lol

LMAO!!! Psy Barb here I come!:D

[I lurve it btw!!]b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Iredyn - Sanctuary
    Iredyn - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think project fashion is GREAT... however

I really am against people plastering gigantic gawdy Christian symbols on fashion... yes that includes the current ones PWI sells.

Fashion should be fun. Excluding & offending people shouldn't be on the agenda.

I hope people keep that in mind... certainly PWI hasn't.
  • Blacksania - Harshlands
    Blacksania - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really would love to use/get fash made by the users i think this one is a really cool idea :) we never know when we can find cool fash around the players, i did my own design but is really simple compare to others im amaze o.o b:shocked

oh well good luck to everyone b:laugh here is mine b:cute http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/black-sania/fash_by_sania.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really would love to use/get fash made by the users i think this one is a really cool idea :) we never know when we can find cool fash around the players, i did my own design but is really simple compare to others im amaze o.o b:shocked

oh well good luck to everyone b:laugh here is mine b:cute http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/black-sania/fash_by_sania.jpg

Wow thats realy good, love the color scheme
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think project fashion is GREAT... however

I really am against people plastering gigantic gawdy Christian symbols on fashion... yes that includes the current ones PWI sells.

Fashion should be fun. Excluding & offending people shouldn't be on the agenda.

I hope people keep that in mind... certainly PWI hasn't.

This is just my opinion but... I don't think they use religious symbols in the fashion designs to offend anyone, and anyone who takes it that seriously... well, is taking it way too seriously. XD Designing clothing or characters for a game will often incorporate symbols of some kind. Hell a lot include ankhs, crosses, and other symbols none of which is meant to "offend" anyone. It's just a way to design something.

If you look at it from an artist's standpoint... well I know I personally don't really think much of it if I use some sort of symbol in a design. It's artistic freedom of expression. Other people thinking too much into it isn't their fault lol. However if something really was truly offensive and meant to be offensive then... yeah I would agree with you. But simply using a cross on a necklace isn't meant to directly offend anyone. If you don't like it, don't wear it? It's that simple. People are entitled to their freedom of expression.
  • boomboom68
    boomboom68 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    firts off i wish i could draw.. second off someone should def. make some country stuff like cowboy boots and hats and the untamed should be able to wear a cowboy hat and let it be seen jeans with belt buckles tucked in plaid shirt oh yea some one should def. draw that and enter it b:laugh
  • chaosempress
    chaosempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    when ht say as man entries as u like, do they mean u send the one design as many times or do they mean different designs from u?
  • Blackcat - Harshlands
    Blackcat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    omg finally great event for me. I already sent few designs b:cute b:victory

http://tinypic.com/r/116l7hu/6

http://tinypic.com/r/1264sx1/6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, since I probably won't win this contest anyways because of the MILLIONS of mistakes I've made to this (I'm not good at making things look good T_T), I guess I can post my entries here for you guys to see. In all honesty though, I kinda really like my design regardless if I don't win. I think I might continue drawing something like this in Fanatics Forums someday.

Here's the first

Aaaand here's the second.

Oh yeah, and they're both sideways. Another reason why I fail at contests.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I won't be participating in this contest but i'd like to throw an idea
    http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/32516.jpg
    i'd really love to wear a Robin Hood style dress (especially the hat is so cute)
    and the desing seems to be recycle friendly because it's similar to the vampire top b:cute
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, since I probably won't win this contest anyways because of the MILLIONS of mistakes I've made to this (I'm not good at making things look good T_T), I guess I can post my entries here for you guys to see. In all honesty though, I kinda really like my design regardless if I don't win. I think I might continue drawing something like this in Fanatics Forums someday.

Here's the first

Lovin the bone dress, and that cape is pretty badass
  • SupremeFury - Raging Tide
    SupremeFury - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Oh, this is my favourite design I've seen in the contest so far. Glad I'm not designing a female outfit.

Got my vote... unless there's some other beautiful design I haven't seen yet! b:dirty
  • DemonGirl - Dreamweaver
    DemonGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.

LOL Digital Artist/Designer here... NO THANK YOU! rofl
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    omg finally great event for me. I already sent few designs b:cute b:victory

http://tinypic.com/r/116l7hu/6

I cannot even begin to express how much I love love love that entry! great ideas you have :D
    ...good luck to everyone b:laugh here is mine b:cute http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/black-sania/fash_by_sania.jpg

I also love the design you've come up with, the colors especially. This is definitely gonna be a tough competition, especially because hell, I love so many of the other entries I've seen so far too. XD It's gonna be hard to pick just one!
    when ht say as man entries as u like, do they mean u send the one design as many times or do they mean different designs from u?

Also, you can send in as many outfit designs as you would like, is what they mean. I've sent in several now. :)
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • YokoPyon - Heavens Tear
    YokoPyon - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksania - Harshlands View Post
    ...good luck to everyone here is mine http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...h_by_sania.jpg

hey i love your fash" designer... that and the emo set must be the winers .. *-*
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Please don't laugh :)

Never did anything like that.. I am proud of the result but it is quite simple compare to the rest :)

Fashioncontest_1.png
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    siiiiiiiiiiiiiickk

^--- sick liek good or bad ^^; cuz can imagin both reactions
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^--- sick liek good or bad ^^; cuz can imagin both reactions

Sick in a good way lol b:victory
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sick in a good way lol b:victory

Aww thx =3 <3, but not so sure if they can make it =/, always wondered with soem of the male hair styles, never found out if they were tattoos or some sort of failed hair cut xD. liek the 6 dots they float over the head =/, i hope they can make it would be cool (my design or not).

GL till all can't wait to c ppls idears =3, win or not ppl shoudl post after event to show their ideas b:thanks
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Here's the first

omg i love the designs! although the female one reminds me of Bleach a bit b:shutup but both be great on my cleric and veno
    Edit: after seeing the designs i really dont wanna enter my design, my friend feels the same way xD oh well will b great to see who wins, and what i end up buying
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
This discussion has been closed.