EVENT: Project Fashion!

Options

Comments

• Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So many "can we" questions... folks, I'm no GM but I think I can about sum it up here:

Art Skill + Awesome Design = Win

Pencil, crayon, MSPaint, photoshop... whatever you've got, use it. Make it the best it can be, then just cross your fingers. Also, expect that color will probably be looked upon better than black & white, but I sincerely doubt that it will be the ONLY deciding factor. The primary focus of the contest is the design - a very cool and original design will carry more weight than the medium used to express it.

Heck, you could paint a mural on a wall & take a picture, provided it's not vandalism. b:chuckle

maybe draw like this guy ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_h3hyifCsU
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

ಥ_ಥ

...beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im starting to wonder if its faster asking by ticket method than the posting method :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SupremeFury - Raging Tide
    SupremeFury - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll post my outfit to show people once the competition is over. b:sin

b:pleased Even though I'm new, I think this is a well required contest. Goodluck to everyone and anyone participating. -- Hope you don't beat me... haha. b:cool
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    main_details_banner_projectfashion_022310.jpg

Project Fashion is a clothing design contest-- the designer must create at least one article of clothing
    (headwear, torso-wear, legwear, or footwear) to be judged against all other entries.

The top five entries for each gender will win one Wardrobe Stone as well as one entire fashion set (headwear, top, bottom, and shoes) of their choice from the Boutique!

Out of these ten winners, two (one male, one female) will be selected via forum poll, and the two designers will each win the Grand Prize of 10,000 ZEN!

Most excitingly, the best entries also have a chance of becoming actual fashion items in-game!

Keep in mind that, although you only have to send in one article of clothing, entering a full fashion set would likely carry more weight with judges than would a single piece of clothing.

Please send all contest entries to pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com by 6:00PM Pacific, March 19th, 2010

RULES:

Fashion can be drawn or photoshopped.

Images must be in JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF format only.

Fashion cannot use any copyrighted materials.

Players can send in as many entries as they wish.

Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.

Good luck everyone, and we can't wait to see what the talented members of PWI come up with!

So, question, when you send it to the email, do you include your server, or write something in the email and such or do you just send it from your email plain and simple?
  • Vernet - Heavens Tear
    Vernet - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Already got some ideas down! I have to check to see if the proportions could match some of the PWI characters out there though. b:worried
  • fancywhat
    fancywhat Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    OhOh Pick me I have a question...

Can we submit multiple entries.......

and
    and
    and
    can we use crayons?
    and

Well ya, Can we submit multiple entries?
    Not all the same one, but different ideas?
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have a rough sketch of my first design. I will be flipping, transferring, and playing with different textures tomorrow before I submit it. I plan on submitting design one by Monday. ;D Then I will be working on one for a friend, and design number two for me. ^^ I should have those done by next Saturday.
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i've finished a cool color set for mine, gonna work on a warm color set, then see where i might want set colors on both. Im figuring that it would prolly be fine to post images after i submit, that way anyone who copies me (not that i rly think anyone would lol), i can say i have precidence, but idk.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • SisterDay - Heavens Tear
    SisterDay - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    never mind
  • SisterDay - Heavens Tear
    SisterDay - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    misread something
  • pulik
    pulik Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    About fashion contest:1. can i send the all set of fashion?
    2.Can i send male and female fashion set?
    Aed-The Cleric....Danger for foes,Blessing for friends...
  • SupremeFury - Raging Tide
    SupremeFury - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    fancywhat wrote: »
    OhOh Pick me I have a question...

Can we submit multiple entries.......

and
    and
    and
    can we use crayons?
    and

Well ya, Can we submit multiple entries?
    Not all the same one, but different ideas?
    RULES:

Fashion can be drawn or photoshopped.

Images must be in JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF format only.

Fashion cannot use any copyrighted materials.

Players can send in as many entries as they wish.

Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.

Good luck everyone, and we can't wait to see what the talented members of PWI come up with!

b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased

Also, I assume by "Fashion can be drawn or photoshopped." They don't really care how the peice is crafted or displayed so long as it's saved in the correct format and is a well illustrated unique design. So yes, go wild with your crayons...!
  • Ivarya - Raging Tide
    Ivarya - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Waaaaa, I love designing clothes, but, heh, Photoshop is so not gonna work for me. It's gonna be fun, even more if we could see all entries!! I'm sure there are many fabulous pieces. OMG! Heh, just drew mine now! Go every one! Draw! And good luck ;b
  • Kokuryu - Lost City
    Kokuryu - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    y cant i get 2 the website where i can send n my designes

its saying that ther's n error with the site
  • FeralShadow - Sanctuary
    FeralShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    umm cause you're supposed to send the images to the email address, thats not an actual website you go to.
  • gorgeousmisery
    gorgeousmisery Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am excited about this. For once I have a chance to enter some of my designs.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I suck at designing, so can someone make something for us Barbs please. (Head wear)
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I suck at designing, so can someone make something for us Barbs please. (Head wear)

No, you're furry enough as it is.

I could always design you some fash with tails, though.

-shot-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubassin - Dreamweaver
    Rubassin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I already made 1 :D b:chuckle
    I want to show it b:pleased . but... theres no forum for that b:sad
    or is there a forum for it ? b:shocked
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im a little curious about the prize, now is it 100 gold or 10 gold >_> I mean it's kind of hard to believe that PWI would give away $100 worth of gold.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im a little curious about the prize, now is it 100 gold or 10 gold >_> I mean it's kind of hard to believe that PWI would give away $100 worth of gold.

The price is 100$!
    Only the big winner gets it, tought PWE will make more than 100$ by selling the fash u madeb:thanks
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The price is 100$!
    Only the big winner gets it, tought PWE will make more than 100$ by selling the fash u madeb:thanks

When I first heard it was 100 gold I couldn't believe it xD I just hope PWI doesn't scam us and use some ones drawings from inside the company so that don't have to pay up.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Rubassin - Dreamweaver
    Rubassin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its just for fun , Nice to win . but Fun :D
  • LadyMaRu - Raging Tide
    LadyMaRu - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Quisiera saber si puedo participar enviando mis dise
  • Tsaina - Dreamweaver
    Tsaina - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this is gonna be awesome! just watch. i am gonna design something really cool. just wait and see
  • AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear
    AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I. Am. SO. In!!!!!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK ALL >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~MysticAve is Recruiting ^^ b:victory~
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I already made 1 :D b:chuckle
    I want to show it . but... theres no forum for that b:sad
    or is there a forum for it ? b:shocked

post it here :) I've been diying to see someone's workb:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    post it here :) I've been diying to see someone's workb:pleased

guess i'll post the not colored version of the front of the dress. no one steal it >:O

img link: http://i47.tinypic.com/5v7o09.jpg
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Darque_Hart - Sanctuary
    Darque_Hart - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Y'all can bet yer well-clad booty that THIS is one contest that I sure-as-shootin' AM gittin' in on!!! Come on peeps...it's FASHION!! No one said it HAD to be Fancy!! If y'all can point, click, cut, & paste you should be able to scare up an entry!! Go take photographs!! Whatever!! I've already enterede 5 & am planning more, & I KNOW you all can do better'n me!!!!b:cute (But, I'm crossin everyting I can anyway...b:begb:begb:beg
This discussion has been closed.