How the NO-CASH players support PWI.

2»

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This game is designed soley for the enjoyment of cash-shoppers. All event's are designed to be easier for the cash-shoppers. SALES are for the cash-shoppers benefit.

BUT...

Keeping it simple:

Method #1:
    People with a little extra money buy gold-
    Said people sell the gold on the gold trade-
    NO-CASH players buy said gold ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
    The sellers then in turn buy more gold to sell to the no-casher's.

PWE makes a bundle of money.

Method #2:
    People with a little extra money buy gold-
    Said people then buy items, such as fashion, mounts, telecoustic's, etc... to sell on AH or in Cat Shops-
    NO-CASH players buy said items ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
    The sellers then in turn buy more gold to buy more items to sell on AH and in Cat Shops.

PWE makes a bundle of money.

A little appreciation on the part of PWE for the NO-CASHER's would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: And, oh yea, the FREE Zen offers suck. 1 zen = 1 silver. I spent over two hours filling out survey's, etc... and for my time and effort I came out with only 4 gold and change.
    Appreciation for people who don't pay anything? Sure. They keep the servers full and the game populated, and they enjoy the game, and from a business standpoint more happy players along with a good marketing strategy means more likelihood of them being future cash shoppers. Beyond that general musing, appreciation is silly and with no purpose. They don't help run the server, in fact, if everyone turned into these players you created a topic to appreciate, PWI would go down faster than a sinking rock and the game would be kaput. The strategy of gold selling has nothing to do with non cash shoppers, so no appreciation is merited. It has to do with avoiding a black market from 3rd party gold selling/farming sites that other F2P games are highly afflicted with, and PWI all but wiping it out by integrating the cash shop into something diversely tangible in the game to trade.
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Eventually this game will become a pay to play sadly enough. While I hope it doesn't there hasn't been ANYTHING for the none credit card people except that one monster thing =/
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    to be fair, there are events that attempt to let everyone have fun...like that wraith army something that spawned some time ago. i think they're trying, and i would not be unhappy if there are sales tbh.

perhaps OP is just asking for stuff that are unrelated to cash shop...like more quests, more instances being open, more events, etc, that's not that bad of an idea and would probably make the game more fun for everyone, cash shopper or no.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A small tip, NEVER USE cs gold to buy mounts, instead sell your cs gold for few coins, and then buy the mount from the auction house, that way you will be saving lot of $$ b:laugh
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A little appreciation on the part of PWE for the NO-CASHER's would be very much appreciated.

What kind of appreciation?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    point is, non-cashshoppers arent supporting this game, no matter how you try to spin things

lol, you always have to open your mouth when you have no clue what you're talking about? *sigh*

If all the free players were to leave the game, the economy would crash, 80% of the population would disappear and it would be the same 50 people running around killing each other.

Without the people who play for free and don't spend money in-game, there wouldn't be any game. That's why PWI is not subscription based, it's cash-shop based.

Get a clue before pretending to know what you're talking about.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The non-cash shoppers do support this game. By buying gold through gold trading, no matter whether the minority of gold is sold or not, they encourage people to sell their leftover gold when they charge zen.

This in turn means when sales arrive, cash shoppers will purchase zen, both buy items from sales themselves and sell gold too because the price will increase. If everybody just used the cash shop, this game wouldn't be what it is, at all. And cash shoppers would never make a profit, coin would have absolutely no worth (because who would buy from you if they just purchase it themselves?)

If you think a non-cash shopper does not help business, even in some small way, then you need to pull your head out of your **** before you hurt yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ^ what that guy said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    The non-cash shoppers do support this game. By buying gold through gold trading, no matter whether the minority of gold is sold or not, they encourage people to sell their leftover gold when they charge zen.

You're looking past one thing... even if they never trade for gold or ever buy a cash shop item with coins, non-cash shoppers provide the majority of the population, which will make or break a F2P game. Without them, there wouild be no point to play at all.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You're looking past one thing... even if they never trade for gold or ever buy a cash shop item with coins, non-cash shoppers provide the majority of the population, which will make or break a F2P game. Without them, there wouild be no point to play at all.

I didn't overlook that part at all

But when somebody just says "Point is, non CSers don't support this game, period" you don't even need to state all the facts. XD You only need to state one or two of the simple ones to destroy their argument, nevermind all the other facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    I didn't overlook that part at all

But when somebody just says "Point is, non CSers don't support this game, period" you don't even need to state all the facts. XD You only need to state one or two of the simple ones to destroy their argument, nevermind all the other facts.

True enough. ^^
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree some of the posters have certainly been obnoxious but still stand by my argument. Let's be punctual about things. What would support mean or imply? If support is considered any contribution then yes, by all means, people playing for free certainly support the game. The context of the OP's post however points elsewhere, and the arguments presented both point towards equating providing an incentive to sales with the sales themselves. If support we take it to mean funding then there is absolutely no way non CS users can, by any logic, be considered the game's supporters.

Let's not mistake disaproving of comments reeking of contempt with the issue being discussed. OP made a statement which she supported with argumentation. "Support" is admitedly a vague term, but i think the OP made it abundantly clear what she meant when using it. And hers is flawed logic because while admittedly people playing for free are a vital part of PWI's bussiness model, the purpose of this game is to earn a profit for the people responsible for it's development/management. In that sense, it is only players using RMT that directly impact and benefit PWI.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A large and diverse player population is what gives MMOs their depth and makes them so compelling and fun to engage in. Anyone who logs in to PWI is contributing to this, and we are very grateful to all our users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I see comments about "PWI makes a bundle of cash" and it always makes me laugh. Those of us old enough to have jobs don't consider getting a paycheck every week as "making a bundle of cash" Every company has to make enough money to provide the services wanted by their customers as well as pay their employees enough money to get them to do their jobs well. It is possible to play this game without ever paying for anything. Ask your cell phone provider for the same type of service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »
    A large and diverse player population is what gives MMOs their depth and makes them so compelling and fun to engage in. Anyone who logs in to PWI is contributing to this, and we are very grateful to all our users.

Thanks for your contribution. I expected nothing less from a GM, and is good to see you supporting the point that all players are valuable.
  • dionysus007
    dionysus007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Of course NCSs are important. If you all didn't exist who would CSs have to kill?