How the NO-CASH players support PWI.

PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
This game is designed soley for the enjoyment of cash-shoppers. All event's are designed to be easier for the cash-shoppers. SALES are for the cash-shoppers benefit.

BUT...

Keeping it simple:

Method #1:
People with a little extra money buy gold-
Said people sell the gold on the gold trade-
NO-CASH players buy said gold ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
The sellers then in turn buy more gold to sell to the no-casher's.

PWE makes a bundle of money.

Method #2:
Said people then buy items, such as fashion, mounts, telecoustic's, etc... to sell on AH or in Cat Shops-
NO-CASH players buy said items ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
The sellers then in turn buy more gold to buy more items to sell on AH and in Cat Shops.

A little appreciation on the part of PWE for the NO-CASHER's would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: And, oh yea, the FREE Zen offers suck. 1 zen = 1 silver. I spent over two hours filling out survey's, etc... and for my time and effort I came out with only 4 gold and change.
There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
It's a perfectly sad world.
Post edited by PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    here's a cookie for your attempt...

but it doesnt quite work that way
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I do not understand what you're trying to prove. Are you saying "no-cash players" support PWE too?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This game is designed soley for the enjoyment of cash-shoppers. All event's are designed to be easier for the cash-shoppers. SALES are for the cash-shoppers benefit.

BUT...

Keeping it simple:

Method #1:
    Said people sell the gold on the gold trade-
    NO-CASH players buy said gold ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
    The sellers then in turn buy more gold to sell to the no-casher's.

Method #2:
    Said people then buy items, such as fashion, mounts, telecoustic's, etc... to sell on AH or in Cat Shops-
    NO-CASH players buy said items ... with coins that are very hard worked for, I might add-
    The sellers then in turn buy more gold to buy more items to sell on AH and in Cat Shops.

A little appreciation on the part of PWE for the NO-CASHER's would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: And, oh yea, the FREE Zen offers suck. 1 zen = 1 silver. I spent over two hours filling out survey's, etc... and for my time and effort I came out with only 4 gold and change.

Sux we get no appreciation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I do not understand what you're trying to prove. Are you saying "no-cash players" support PWE too?

yes, that's the point he's trying to make...
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010

PWE is PWI, so yes.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    edited March 2010

So, what does this stuff have to do with it?

First, its not does not flow with the rest of the stuff. And, secondly its false. The game's purpose is to pull in the big bucks. I benefit from the sales and I do not cash shop.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    point is, non-cashshoppers arent supporting this game, no matter how you try to spin things

its like a torrent

the CS'ers are the seeders
    the free players are the leachers

nothing wrong with being a leacher, just means for some reason you arent CS'ing yet
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    he or she is explaining that if non cash shoppers did not buy the in game gold or items, PWE would not be making monye so they should give the non cash shoppers some appreciation too
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    point is, non-cashshoppers arent supporting this game, no matter how you try to spin things

its like a torrent

the CS'ers are the seeders
    the free players are the leachers

nothing wrong with being a leacher, just means for some reason you arent CS'ing yet
    I disagree, I tend to lean more towards the OP, whether some people like to admit it or not.

If no one buys the gold in ah, or buy the items bought from the boutique, then there would be far far less people buying the gold, argo pwi would NOT make money.

Some people really do like it easy, other don't mind working for it, and even so some people do NOT have any choice, but to work for it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited March 2010

Some people really do like it easy, other don't mind working for it, and even so some people do NOT have any choice, but to work for it.

You mean the people who buy gold have it easy and dont have to work to earn that money?

Trying to find that slideshow that someone posted about MMORPG business models. Cant find it. QQ
    edited March 2010
    Let me see if I can clear this up for those with obviously cloudy minds (or maybe their heads are just in the clouds)...

When a NO-CASH player buys gold, the seller makes coins... that is the goal of the gold trade (skills cost coins and a lot of them). If the NO-CASH players never bought the gold and/or never bought the items the cash-shoppers sell on AH and in Cat Shops, the sellers would not make any coins. They'd have to do like the NO-CASH players do and grind or craft for every single coin.

So, my point is true, when a no-cash player buys gold and cash-shop items from cash-shoppers, PWE is making money. Because the sellers are always going to buy more Zen to make more coins with.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    buying gold from AH make up an extremely small portion of the gold being purchased

buying CS stuff ingame from CS'er catshops also makes up a small portion of the gold being purchased, and only if you BUY THE STUFF DIRECTLY FROM THE CS'er

most people who buy gold, use all of it for themselves, and maybe put a couple gold on AH
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You mean the people who buy gold have it easy and dont have to work to earn that money?

Trying to find that slideshow that someone posted about MMORPG business models. Cant find it. QQ

No no, I mean making easy in game coin, via cash shopping, they DEFINITELY work hard to get that 'real life' money, some would even argue even if they 'bummed' it off of people they 'worked' for it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No no, I mean making easy in game coin, via cash shopping, they DEFINITELY work hard to get that 'real life' money, some would even argue even if they 'bummed' it off of people they 'worked' for it.

well if they bummed real money off people to buy in game money then thats really sad, ijs
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Present Situation

Cash Shoppers (CS) buy gold using real money. This is then converted into items eg tokens, charms, etc. Spare gold is sold to convert it into coin.

Non Cash Shoppers (NCS) grind/trade to make money (yes, cash shoppers do this also but to a much lesser degree).

The main benefit to CS having NCS in game is that they have a market to convert their gold into coin. More ingame coin is also generated as there are far more players playing.

What if all players were Cash Shoppers?

There would be far less coin in game with which to convert gold into coin. Everybody would have gold to sell. Everybody would be buying items/xp/etc using real money. There would be less people to sell items to ingame.

So, does PWI benefit from having NCS?

I believe it does or this business model would not be so successful.

NCS are happy to be able to have a game to play for free. They are also potential future CS's when the game becomes progressively harder.

CS's benefit from having NCS in game as they provide a market to sell gold to. Also, there is far more coin available which keeps the gold-to-coin ratio in check. (Less ingame coin & no NCS = much lower gold prices = less buying power for gold)

For this business model to work there needs to be both CS & NCS. It's a symbiotic relationship that makes this game work. Without CS there would be no game. Without NCS the CS would be playing a much different game.

At present, with the promotions recently, the CS have had a much easier time. The only recent event that has assisted the NCS would be the double drop/xp event.

Don't write-off NCS. They play their part by providing a market for CS.
  • Arudesu - Dreamweaver
    Arudesu - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow dude, your complaint pretty much went nowhere. For the record, I have purchased gold from the cash shop before. I don't mind supporting things I like when/if I have spare cash. I also work hard for my money.

However, I also can buy gold using in-game coins from the AH. I still work hard for my coins in-game. So your claims don't hold water, mate.

The reason PWI continues to run is because it's getting income from players who use their money in the cash shop. Plain and simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    buying gold from AH make up an extremely small portion of the gold being purchased

buying CS stuff ingame from CS'er catshops also makes up a small portion of the gold being purchased, and only if you BUY THE STUFF DIRECTLY FROM THE CS'er

most people who buy gold, use all of it for themselves, and maybe put a couple gold on AH

I didn't say no-cash players make up most of the revenue, I said they support the game by buying gold and items from the cash-shoppers. The FACT that we DO CONTRIBUTE to PWE's income, even if indirectly, is a relevent arguement and I believe that PWE, as well as those players who look down on no-cash players, should show more appreciation for our contributions.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Pure speculation. The fact gold once sold at 90-100k per, and now will not drop below 300k shows there's a pretty heavy demand for gold. It's beyond a doubt the fastest way to make ingame coin. Grind an hour and perhaps make 200-300k, or simply get a rl job, work an hour and buy 10 times that amount via the AH.

The ah is extremely popular for making ingame coin. Even most boutique items can be bought cheaper with coin. Mount that's been out a while that you want for 30 gold? Why just spend the 30 gold when you can sell in AH, spend about 80% of the coin to buy the mount off a player and have a 20% profit. Even charms rarely sell for an exact gold value.

If pwi took out the AH gold trade it would damage their profit in the long run.
    edited March 2010
    Wow dude, your complaint pretty much went nowhere. For the record, I have purchased gold from the cash shop before. I don't mind supporting things I like when/if I have spare cash. I also work hard for my money.

However, I also can buy gold using in-game coins from the AH. I still work hard for my coins in-game. So your claims don't hold water, mate.

The reason PWI continues to run is because it's getting income from players who use their money in the cash shop. Plain and simple.

If you were talking to me, the OP, then you didn't read my post right.

And I am not a dude. I'm a girl, irl.
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you were talking to me, the OP, then you didn't read my post right.

And I am not a dude. I'm a girl, irl.

It is a known myth that girls play MMO's. You sir are fibbing.
  • Arudesu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Katt-- Which part did I read incorrectly? If not for people buying gold from the CS initially, the game would have no gold to circulate in-game.

Also, I call everyone dude. I prefer that over asking each person what gender they are. Female as well. b:surrender

Random: Why do you call it "PWE"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Pure speculation. The fact gold once sold at 90-100k per, and now will not drop below 300k shows there's a pretty heavy demand for gold. It's beyond a doubt the fastest way to make ingame coin. Grind an hour and perhaps make 200-300k, or simply get a rl job, work an hour and buy 10 times that amount via the AH.

The ah is extremely popular for making ingame coin. Even most boutique items can be bought cheaper with coin. Mount that's been out a while that you want for 30 gold? Why just spend the 30 gold when you can sell in AH, spend about 80% of the coin to buy the mount off a player and have a 20% profit. Even charms rarely sell for an exact gold value.

If pwi took out the AH gold trade it would damage their profit in the long run.

just because gold is highpriced doesnt mean there's high demand

it -could- mean that, or is -could- mean there's much less gold being sold than before

PWE is the company that hosts PWI
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Katt-- Which part did I read incorrectly? If not for people buying gold from the CS initially, the game would have no gold to circulate in-game.

Also, I call everyone dude. I prefer that over asking each person what gender they are. Female as well. b:surrender

PWE is the company the runs the game. PWI is the game.
    edited March 2010

My whole post, obviously you missed my entire point.
    PWE is the company the runs the game. PWI is the game.

This!
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It is a known myth that girls play MMO's. You sir are fibbing.

They also say that girls don't ****. They do ****, only when guys aren't around. Same thing with MMOs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They also say that girls don't ****. They do ****, only when guys aren't around. Same thing with MMOs

MMOs don't **** when there be guys around?
    O.o'
    wait...MMOs can ****?
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They DO appreciate "us" no-cash shoppers. How?
    They give us the option to buy items that some fool spent real life money on for in-game coins. If you don't think that's good enough. I welcome you to go explore other MMOs where if you don't cough up $1000 you won't be able to get to end-game level PVP. Or imagine having your slow **** level 30 Aerogear through out the whole game unless you buy gold with real money? Or how about those crappy Dragon Quest horse mounts that barely run faster than you would without it?
    Or hey, how about all the ugly-**** armor you're wearing, isn't it nice you can slap on a piece of fashion over it?

Well, there you have it. That's your appreciation right there. They're giving you the exact same "benefits" cash shoppers have. Because on your end, you can play the economy and buy gold at a low price and sell high. Either way, when it comes to Cash shop regulations. PW has by far one of the most balanced/fair systems. But maybe at the same time also the largest amount of cash shoppers of any other MMO out there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think this may be something of an oversimplification. People playing for free have a symbiotic relationship with paying customers and their value (to PWI's bussiness model) goes beyond gold transactions. They basically do free advertising through their social networks, provide entertainment value to CS users and (very important) are themselves an ideal demographic being continously advertised to.

Ingame, PWI's policy is to make no distinctions and GMs are supposed to have no way of knowing who's paying and who's not. Billing is handled separately. Now, i do realize many people are actually convinced otherwise so let's just say it works like this for the average player.

Now, i've been the first one to defend the role of non CS users in other threads and do believe that to all sane purposes the distinction does not imply any hierarchy amongst players. Being a CS user certainly entitles no one to anything except what the items bought with zen can themselves provide.

But let's not take this so far that we become delusional. Yes, non CS users certainly have an impact and make an important overall contribution but they do not support the game. They don't pay for the bills (bandwith, maintenance, etc.) and they do not put food on the tables of PW's staff nor on those of their families.
  • Arudesu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I missed the "entire point"... you just wrote it out in a very nonsensical way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a big time cash shopper. I make a lot of money merchanting/farming TT. I am rewarded with a lot of money, and am very happy. Fail thread b:surrender