EVENT: Project Fashion!

Options

Comments

• Vahala - Dreamweaver
    Vahala - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    guess i'll post the not colored version of the front of the dress. no one steal it >:O

img link: http://i47.tinypic.com/5v7o09.jpg

Uber cute!!! I was thinking something off the shoulder myself, but decided to go in another direction. :) Goodluck!
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    guess i'll post the not colored version of the front of the dress. no one steal it >:O

img link: http://i47.tinypic.com/5v7o09.jpg

great, thanks. it looks nice b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Agerasas - Lost City
    Agerasas - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna participate in this one too, already semi-done with my first desing, but not really pleased with it, it looks waaaay too simple. Anyways, here you go, tell me what you think. =)

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijken/2424026.html

~The Event Monkey!b:kiss
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well before I get started, I've noticed a mention of 'finally cool fashion for guys'. Though, I don't know what the men want. Want to give me some ideas and I'll try to stem off from a mixture of all suggestions? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • NoragTheEvil - Dreamweaver
    NoragTheEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've sent in like 2 entries so far, im gonna make 2 more today
  • Luen - Lost City_1283482124
    Luen - Lost City_1283482124 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A question, what about the size of the image with the entry?
    All the set must be on a single image or if it sent on multiple imeges will count as other entries? [since the entries can be of at least one part of the set]
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    10,000 zen = 100 gold.

While that's more than I can afford to buy (cuz I can't afford to buy any), it's also not enough to do very much improvement on my character and mounts. I've worked very hard in-game to get what I've got. It also is not enough to make it worth the time to try, although Art was my major. I have some very good, modern ideas though.

PWE is going to make a LOT of money off of someone elses good idea. 500 gold, imho, would be a much more fair prize. 1000 gold would be very nice and an excellent gesture of gratitude on PWE's part.

EDIT: Just a note to the moderator's, "Preview" post function does not work. It posts instead.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    10,000 zen = 100 gold.

While that's more than I can afford to buy (cuz I can't afford to buy any), it's also not enough to do very much improvement on my character and mounts. I've worked very hard in-game to get what I've got. It also is not enough to make it worth the time to try, although Art was my major. I have some very good, modern ideas though.

PWE is going to make a LOT of money off of someone elses good idea. 500 gold, imho, would be a much more fair prize. 1000 gold would be very nice and an excellent gesture of gratitude on PWE's part.

EDIT: Just a note to the moderator's, "Preview" post function does not work. It posts instead.

If you feel that your ideas are worth hundreds of dollars or even a thousand, then don't take part in the contest. PWE makes a lot of money regardless. When will some of these people get other chances of creating fashion and being able to see it in game if they win? It's not like we're losing much from something that would have never happened before. No one who thinks their creativity is precious is forced to do this. They could have not done this contest, put new fashion up, and make just as much money. Okay, so the winner isn't getting some sort of percentage from how much is sold, but everyone knows that in advance. If someone really wants that, they can just apply for a job in the field.

P.S. I just used the preview button twice and it worked. :3
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you feel that your ideas are worth hundreds of dollars or even a thousand, then don't take part in the contest. PWE makes a lot of money regardless. When will some of these people get other chances of creating fashion and being able to see it in game if they win? It's not like we're losing much from something that would have never happened before. No one who thinks their creativity is precious is forced to do this. They could have not done this contest, put new fashion up, and make just as much money. Okay, so the winner isn't getting some sort of percentage from how much is sold, but everyone knows that in advance. If someone really wants that, they can just apply for a job in the field.

P.S. I just used the preview button twice and it worked. :3

lmao haha

It's virtual gold. It doesn't cost pwe anything to just give someone a zen prize. And I wasn't speaking on my own behalf, I'm speaking for everyone. SOMEONE is going to win. I believe their work deserves a much more fair prize, since it has the potential to make pwe a lot of real money.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Katsuramina - Sanctuary
    Katsuramina - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    where can i see these wonderful art drawings at?? xD i love seeing ppls art b:chuckle
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    maybe someone should make a thread to post people's work in
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Katsuramina - Sanctuary
    Katsuramina - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree Dx
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lmao haha

It's virtual gold. It doesn't cost pwe anything to just give someone a zen prize. And I wasn't speaking on my own behalf, I'm speaking for everyone. SOMEONE is going to win. I believe their work deserves a much more fair prize, since it has the potential to make pwe a lot of real money.

I'm not sure you read my post. b:puzzled

On that note, I won't continue to respond. :) b:bye
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    k, i started a thread for people who want to post their work, it might get moved, in which case i'll say where it got moved to.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thought I'd share two of the designs I've done. Spent several hours on all my entries! DX My goal was to create five complete designs, which I've finally reached after working all day during the weekend. Who knows, I may design some more.

Click Here for Artz!

I might do some male designs but what do you guys want? I like to be creative with designs so something overly simple bores me. XD So I'm not gonna design just a wife beater and saggy jeans. I personally love some flare in men's clothing, buuuut everyone interprets it as being "****" so... what do you men prefer? Maybe with a few suggestions those of us submitting designs could come up with a middle ground to make everyone happy.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I suddenly.... feel very, very outdone.

That said I really, really, really like the design on the right. That top is awesome. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myrora
    myrora Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @__@ I hope mine got sent out okay. (even though I probably dont stand a chance LOL)

b:victory can't wait to see the results!! Good luck everyone!
  • Flariandria - Sanctuary
    Flariandria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    X3 I can't wait.. Already putted my entries in.. Might do some more =3 who knows b:chuckle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I suddenly.... feel very, very outdone.

That said I really, really, really like the design on the right. That top is awesome. o_o

times like this i really wish I knew how to draw in photoshop lol.. I'll just stick to pencil n paper and hope it gets noticed b:surrender
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thought I'd share two of the designs I've done. Spent several hours on all my entries! DX My goal was to create five complete designs, which I've finally reached after working all day during the weekend. Who knows, I may design some more.

Click Here for Artz!

I might do some male designs but what do you guys want? I like to be creative with designs so something overly simple bores me. XD So I'm not gonna design just a wife beater and saggy jeans. I personally love some flare in men's clothing, buuuut everyone interprets it as being "****" so... what do you men prefer? Maybe with a few suggestions those of us submitting designs could come up with a middle ground to make everyone happy.

awesome!! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's virtual gold. It doesn't cost pwe anything to just give someone a zen prize.

Incorrect.

I spoke to a GM a while back about possibly offering Zen as a prize, and was informed that Zen/Gold is monitored by the accounting department, IE treated as real currency.

I don't know what sort of hoops PWI's jumping through to have a Zen prize approved now, but the bottom line is, it represents actual money in the company's ledgers, the same as a gift-card would at a retail store such as Best Buy or Gamestop.
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Err...is it high quality artwork that counts, or is the idea good enough for a win...because I'm not sure it's worth competing if it's the former. Like...I don't have any awesome color programs or whatever...just a pencil, paper, and crayola colored pencils.
  • SupremeFury - Raging Tide
    SupremeFury - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's the design that counts, So long as you can illustrate your work in a clear manner and the idea is good, you have as much a chance as anyone... I just e-mailed off my design... I might post a picture here... I'm not sure however... y'know, big community... anyone could be lurking... Goodluck all else that contend. b:victory
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I made this thing for fun, not for reward, but I think inwardly that the cape would fit a lot of male players and would be pretty awesome on a BM =^-^=

No colours coz you can dye it.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1843/pwfash.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkyNab - Sanctuary
    DarkyNab - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nice clothes people :p i was thinking to make 1 desing , but im bad at paining or anything >_>
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    >_< feck!

I am stating here and now for the record, I did not copy Doujin's idea.
    It does bear some similarities though.
  • Luminarunar - Sanctuary
    Luminarunar - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    To Bublee: Nice art ! Its totally awesome. I wish I knew how to do that T_T

I can't wait to see the entries, will be so interesting to see all the unique designs everyone has xD b:chuckle
  • EIlvira - Heavens Tear
    EIlvira - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think it'll be based off of how well the design is drawn, but more on the designs themselves. I mean really it will be up to the community if PWE is really presenting them to us for us to vote on. So it'll really be whatever the community would like to see methinks.

Thanks for the compliments guys btw.^_^! I'm happy you like the designs I've done so far. Admittedly I tend to design victorian/goth/lolita inspired designs since it really strikes my fancy lol... and imo PWI lacks some really good designs in that area. >< I've done some other casual clothing designs too, just trying to keep it well rounded.

I really like this design you've come up with. ^_^ Great way to do an interesting yet masculine design, well done!

I also like this one too. ^^ I like the detailing! and the off the shoulder is a nice touch.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ah i might as well post one of mines, i was afraid it might get stolen though well anyway

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zvdauh.jpg

I messed up alot on the waste/lower lol
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think it'll be based off of how well the design is drawn, but more on the designs themselves. I mean really it will be up to the community if PWE is really presenting them to us for us to vote on. So it'll really be whatever the community would like to see methinks.

Thanks for the compliments guys btw.^_^! I'm happy you like the designs I've done so far. Admittedly I tend to design victorian/goth/lolita inspired designs since it really strikes my fancy lol... and imo PWI lacks some really good designs in that area. >< I've done some other casual clothing designs too, just trying to keep it well rounded.

I really like this design you've come up with. ^_^ Great way to do an interesting yet masculine design, well done!

I also like this one too. ^^ I like the detailing! and the off the shoulder is a nice touch.
    How do you color in photoshop? I tried but it came out like ****, do you ink your drawing first?
This discussion has been closed.