Does Stream of Rejuvenation overwrite Ironheart Blessing? o_O?

2»

Comments

• /Billion - Heavens Tear
    /Billion - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cast is how long it takes before the channeling is started.

or in other words the animation for the beginning of that skill.

channeling is how long it takes for the blue bar at the bottom to complete.

(also remember that it takes about 1 second before you can recast anything while your char does the animation)

click the button for plume shot. Your char will pause for a second being the cast time, then take some time for the channeling(blue bar at the bottom will fill up animation is your char holding the "magic bow"), and finally the animation(letting go of the magic bow and watching your purple arrow of ouchies fly away) ending with a 1 second pause before being able to recast something.

-channeling just makes the blue bar go faster. it doesnt make much of a difference for 3-6% -channeling but when you get higher level and your looking at 10-30% -chan it can mean alot.

think of a skill that has 1sec cast time and 1 second channeling time.

after 30% -chan your skill now takes 1 sec cast time and .70 sec channeling time.

i think clerics bug out at 30% -chan tho, cant be certain beacuse ive never gotten that much yet or talked to anyone about it.

hope this helps ^^
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No, casting time is the animation after the skill is done channeling, when the blue bar is full. The time before channeling is just lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited March 2010
    i originally had that but then i changed it ... tbh idk if its after or before.

edit... tested it and it is after... thx for correcting me...
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Awesome, thanks guys :)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    could you possibly tell me how much it heals for at 10, how much MP it uses and when would be a good time to use it?

thx~
    everytime when tank lose lotta hp And would be able to survive for the next 2.5sec(or the time it takes for you to channel SoR)

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Fixed. 10 char
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    thats so revealing

time it well?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wellspring doesn't put a dent in tanks HP in the upper levels. For bosses that hit really hard you NEED stream to keep them alive. Stream also benefits a hell of a lot more from - channeling, if you're a channeling fanatic.
    edited March 2010
    ic...

what you think of IH/ sage guardian seal (regen buff)?

both of them together for a macro

looks pretty fail... tho ive heard some people use it z.z
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Anyone ever think they DON'T stack/ combine? Here's what I think:

IH being cast creates multiple instances of the same skill. SoR is just another instance. The only problem is, with heals, you can't track healing values. If you're a bit confused, make a barbarian, get tiger form and teach it Flesh Ream. Go out and fight something and use only Flesh Ream.

What do you see?

You see multiple instances of bleed, rather than combined like DoT mobs will.

I think the same happens with HP regeneration skills like IH and SoR. I have never seen the quality of my heals degrade mixing the two together.

And because I get caught up in my own thoughts:
    Would IH cancel itself if multiple instances weren't there? It's basically casting the same thing over and over, REPLACING the next?

Also on channel, the blue bar fills up faster, the cool down is SLIGHTLY reduced (wouldn't help if the cool down was the same while you're pew- pewing!) and the animations WILL cut off with higher channel. Those that have been in squads with me in TT first noticed it on Plume Shot long before I did. However, Plume Shot is also a little special in that the skill has to hit before you can cast it again (confirmation on this?). I ran into not being able to cast Shot as quickly as I know I could because the target ran a bit farther away, making the skill catch up and hit before I could cast again (target did not run far enough to make me move closer).

NOTE: Credit to the barb in HT server for pointing out the bleed effect to me while playing my barb.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited March 2010
    Anyone ever think they DON'T stack/ combine? Here's what I think:

IH being cast creates multiple instances of the same skill. SoR is just another instance. The only problem is, with heals, you can't track healing values. If you're a bit confused, make a barbarian, get tiger form and teach it Flesh Ream. Go out and fight something and use only Flesh Ream.

What do you see?

You see multiple instances of bleed, rather than combined like DoT mobs will.

I think the same happens with HP regeneration skills like IH and SoR. I have never seen the quality of my heals degrade mixing the two together.

Actually, I'm fairly confident IH/SoR is a combined DoT; look closely on someone's HP when you heal them, you'll notice that their health ticks up every second or so; synchronized with their HP regen.

Plumeshot bit's interesting though, never really noticed/considered that.

Thread could use a necro...interesting stuff here that more clerics should know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Curls - Sanctuary
    Curls - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    like mats >.>

but at the end of the day is stream(10) worth getting? i havent leveled it to 10 yet but it kinda looks like a wellspring and a IH put together.

take 10 IH + 10 wellspring = x

is x worth more or less then 10 stream?

Time for IH: Cast 1.0 Channel 1.0

Time for wellspring: Cast 1.0 Channel 1.0 (total: Cast 2.0 Channel 2.0)

Time for Stream: Cast 1.0 Channel 2.5

considering that you can pretty much get both ih and wellspring off in the time needed for stream is it worth it?

The cleric giveth and the mobs taketh away. I think the answer is that mobs keep swinging. The mobs are still hitting your barbarian so you drop the IH on him and the WS then you have time to channel the SoR which doesn't just heal him but heals him over time so you can heal the DDs or yourself or take a shot at the mobs yourself. The reason you use the 2.5 to channel the SoR is the fight is ongoing.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I'm fairly confident IH/SoR is a combined DoT; look closely on someone's HP when you heal them, you'll notice that their health ticks up every second or so; synchronized with their HP regen.

Plumeshot bit's interesting though, never really noticed/considered that.

Thread could use a necro...interesting stuff here that more clerics should know.

You can't rely on what you see on other people's bar sometimes. The game only updates the HP bar every x sec.(I don't know what is x)

To test this... try killing something with 5atk/sec something/someone...the hp doesn't drop gradually, it skips.

To be honest, I am not sure about this as well so have fun trying it out.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    You can't rely on what you see on other people's bar sometimes. The game only updates the HP bar every x sec.(I don't know what is x)

To test this... try killing something with 5atk/sec something/someone...the hp doesn't drop gradually, it skips.

To be honest, I am not sure about this as well so have fun trying it out.

Clerics can heal themselves, too :P

I find attacks (not DoTs) to deal damage as soon as they hit, having nothing to do with the regen 'clock'. Never went against a 5atk/sec person, though (don't plan to, either)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In general all X over time buffs are able to stack with themselves: poison, bleed, ironheart, etc. These seem to be the only types of buffs that stack with themselves. There is however a display bug in the buff icon for these stacked buffs. If you have multiple buffs stacked the icon will disappear after the first buff expires despite the other buffs still being active. The icon will reappear on the next cast of the buff. The actual buff effect stacks properly despite the icon disappearing early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • GdByeElsA - Sanctuary
    GdByeElsA - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why is ast so smart!?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why is ast so smart!?
    if only his bewbs were as gigantic, fruitful, and inspiring as his knowledge D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Almost a one year necro. b:laugh
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
This discussion has been closed.