The Raging Tide Veno Pet Thread

Options

Comments

• TheBobo - Dreamweaver
    TheBobo - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't remember but it dropped more than the walker's but that wasn't why I thought it was a rare. But we have been there several times and for long periods and never seen him more than that time we killed him
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned them yet, but the Seamonster Guardian (start at lvl 19) makes a nice ground pet specializing in Attack and Magic. I've yet to get him high enough to make a decent comparison with my current heavy-hitter (my starter wolf), so I'm not sure how he compares over all. I can, however, say he hits harder than a Herc at approximately the same level. At least I think he did...

Also, I've no idea where to tame them. I bought mine from a cat shop, so... yeah.
  • radianter
    radianter Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why all the cool looking pets suck!!???b:sad
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    radianter wrote: »
    why all the cool looking pets suck!!???b:sad

walker and nazgul look cool and dont suck,.... (though scorp is better than nazgul on dmg, but nazgul is allround very nice,...)
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *Is interested in the Iceprison Wraith*

*Looks at stats*

WHY PWI? WHY?!?
    Belligero
  • radianter
    radianter Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why when i tamed the armored fish thing i get wicked teeth ?
    is it the same or just some mistranslations ??
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    radianter wrote: »
    why when i tamed the armored fish thing i get wicked teeth ?
    is it the same or just some mistranslations ??

its normal,... its odd, but ye its like that,... XD

btw does anyone have the growth chart from that other gnome that doesnt have its growth chart here yet???
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wait a second...I just relooked at the gnome's attack speed, it's 0.50/sec. The only other pet I know who atk so slowly are the cactopods family and the eldergoth marskman and sniper, all ranged. Is this a new ranged pet? Going to test it right away then... and take some screenshots for the above poster while at it.

Edit: Gnome saboteur and tombthief seem to be the same thing, since I found only one specie there. And it's not ranged.

Oh, and this. ryan_chambers.jpg
  • Bytte - Dreamweaver
    Bytte - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dont know if its been said yet. but i have a lvl 50 veno who at lvl 40 had a lvl 40 walker and magmite. and at lvl 40 with full loyalty, the
    walker out stated the magmite anywhere from 100-500 points. i trashed my magmite and kept the walker. the walker is now lvl 50 and ive had it draw aggro from a lvl 55 magmite. so in my opinion the Walker is better.

and i wish the Flame Walker was tamable as well b:cry
    Thanks to Baalbak, i now have my enter key back, YaY .. Baalbak, you my new hero .. well till batman comes to life .. LONG LIVE GOTHAM CITY!!!
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dont know if its been said yet. but i have a lvl 50 veno who at lvl 40 had a lvl 40 walker and magmite. and at lvl 40 with full loyalty, the
    walker out stated the magmite anywhere from 100-500 points. i trashed my magmite and kept the walker. the walker is now lvl 50 and ive had it draw aggro from a lvl 55 magmite. so in my opinion the Walker is better.

and i wish the Flame Walker was tamable as well b:cry

Yup. It's old news. But thanks anyways. b:victory

Apparently, the only thing Magmite has is 20 more Physical Defense on the Walker, which is negligible and pales in comparison in every other area.
    Belligero
  • Evil_Lexie - Heavens Tear
    Evil_Lexie - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So, do any of the new pets really beat the scorpion? Sorry if anyone already replied to this, I must have missed it.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok since everyone is getting new pets i guess this as good-a-place to put this . I dont want to make a new thread and get crucified . I CANT RENAME MY PET . I've googled which yielded info im already doing , and i did forum search but it tells me the words are too common.

At Mrs. Zoologist , i got a collar , its telling me something about "bound" (drag bound pet icon to the window) under the rename pet option. All info i did find does not mention this at all , only the collar. I drag it across and the rename button stays grey. Has something changed?? the info was pretty old. WTF am i doing wrong? What do I need to do? Yes Pet is stowed (put away)
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Buy the collar and talk to, GRRrrrr forgot the name. Its the girl who transform ure pets from egg's.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Buy the collar and talk to, GRRrrrr forgot the name. Its the girl who transform ure pets from egg's.

I did buy a collar and its in my inventory . Im thinking two things that may be the prob .

1 . My veno char has quite a long character name (max i think) and therefore wont let more letters be added onto the pet.

2 . Rename is broken

I found Zoologist Yin and the 'change name' stays blank there too when dragging icon over to box.

Why is it saying 'bound' anyway? Anyone else getting that?? . No matter what pet i put in the slot icon stays grey even my unnamed magmite.
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So, do any of the new pets really beat the scorpion? Sorry if anyone already replied to this, I must have missed it.

No, the scorpion has slower but higher atk which means a higher number is used for bash, flesh ream, elementals, etc. It also has better accuracy than some of the comparable pets.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Morsel - Dreamweaver
    Morsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Anyone lvld the gnome yet?
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    No, the scorpion has slower but higher atk which means a higher number is used for bash, flesh ream, elementals, etc. It also has better accuracy than some of the comparable pets.

I should note that the Seamonster Guardian actually has a higher raw DPS (atk * attacks/sec) than both the Varicose Scorpion and Hercules.

That said, it has lower accuracy, and pretty feeble physical defence. Its magic defence is good though, and it has a decent movement speed. Also, since it only comes with Flesh Ream and Slow, it's easy to turn into an effective debuff pet.

I agree of course though that if the Scorpion were loaded with multiple (elemental) bashes, it'd have a higher final DPS.

But if you want an alternative, neat-looking attack pet, the Seamonster is a great choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree of course though that if the Scorpion were loaded with multiple (elemental) bashes, it'd have a higher final DPS.

But if you want an alternative, neat-looking attack pet, the Seamonster is a great choice.

The elemental bashes are probably a waste. It seems to me that most mobs have lower pdef than mdef which makes p-bash so much more effective. There's Claw, Flesh Ream, and others I'd consider before elemental bashes.

It sounds like Seamonster would be great for those occasions where you can't use skills and need that raw dps (which happens to be most of the time you could use a Scorp as well).

As far as neat looking, are they ever going to fix the appearance of our pets considering the new ones with the Tideborn release don't seem affected?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    I did buy a collar and its in my inventory . Im thinking two things that may be the prob .

1 . My veno char has quite a long character name (max i think) and therefore wont let more letters be added onto the pet.

2 . Rename is broken

I found Zoologist Yin and the 'change name' stays blank there too when dragging icon over to box.

Why is it saying 'bound' anyway? Anyone else getting that?? . No matter what pet i put in the slot icon stays grey even my unnamed magmite.

You have to type something into the name field (8 chars max) before change name icon un-greys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well...as much as the new pets are cute and might be useful...at my lvl I'm just gonna be lazy and not get any...sides...I'm still getting my nix caught up...I just don't wanna deal with another low lvl pet to lvl.

Ah, well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i almost cried upon looking at voodooist stats for the first time when i tamed one.

why do they make some pets soo good and others sooo suck? this is why everyone runs around with a golem of some kind (and don't say well i got a mechcrab, similar strengths) - high attack, high pdef, high hp, wow

and here's a pet with **** everything, what's the point in making it tameable?
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i catch today 1 glacial walker and i lvl it.
    i have to say 1 thing: I LOVE IT!!!! b:pleased
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i almost cried upon looking at voodooist stats for the first time when i tamed one.

why do they make some pets soo good and others sooo suck? this is why everyone runs around with a golem of some kind (and don't say well i got a mechcrab, similar strengths) - high attack, high pdef, high hp, wow

and here's a pet with **** everything, what's the point in making it tameable?

Yes. Exactly. I agree with you, I made this point in another thread, but I guess that's how it is.

Sigh... Conformity.
    Belligero
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for the list. =)

Now I know that I'll definitely stick with my new glacial walker pet. Need to find time to lvl it though, but I like that it has more magic defense than my magmite. b:pleased

Not sure about the cloud skatefish though. I love its appearance but I'm planning on comparing its stats to my goldenwing emporer. Different growth trees, I know, but I want to see which one has stats more suited to my playing style.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • z3n1t
    z3n1t Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    does anyone know qhere is the dark wanderer? I roamed all the island where ranging tides is but couldnt find it....
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Raging Tide is composed of 3 isle, the main one is the lv14-20 questing part. West one is public quest for lv60+. The north one is for the lv1-14 questing, which is where the dark wanderer is found in the east-north part(dark ranger or something, most TB pet have different name once tamed, heck, the hellduke become a totally different looking pet).
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Does anyone think that glacial walker is great for Pure Arcane venos, since roar can help maintain aggro from souped-up magic attacks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    iirc, roar reset agro back to the pet/barb. In other word, very bad for keeping agro, but should be fine to start the fight with and then keep using icicle imo. Or you could do like me and invest in bash kept at lv while using the underleveled icicle when you need extra agro...
  • thelayofbeleriand
    thelayofbeleriand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At what level do psychics qualify for pets?
  • Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear
    Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At what level do psychics qualify for pets?

Huh ... I mean really huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]