Tsunami Tsunami Please go away!

Options
2»

Comments

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    some in Santiago and some in La Serena...

my father has no more relatives in Coquimbo since they all passed out b:sad

btw, i saw the images of the street broken down and the cities torn apart and is just b:shocked

but as you said, the count of the victims may be low compared to the streght of the quake/wawe

i just came back from a family gather, it was a birthday of the youngest nepew and we were all there looking at the news while the candles on the cake were melting down...

such a shame to get so in to it just when the things strikes at your back...

im not telling that i wasnt moved by haiti (heck, was long time that i didnt cry) but i feel guilty to be afraid now that things come at my own family
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    La Serena is right next to Coquimbo, so they should be ok. Santiago suffered a 7.5 richter, but most buildings and constructions are high standard due to the 1985 quake. After that all bulding requirements were raised to anti-earthquake quality, so is higly probable they are safe.

This is the second quake I've been into. The first was the 1985 quake, but that time me and my brothers were all children. This time as adults I was more worried about my sis and my nephews than for myself, and for my brother who was working on the oil refinery, more accurate in the cooling towers where the risk of an explosion is high on any emergency.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wow, i didnt see this untill now, I hope there wont be too much damage. I am not a religious person, but things like these do get me in the 'moment of silence for all the casualties from the earthquake' just because it shuts me up immediately.

I dont do prayers, i do send energy, so i will send some good energy that way and hope it helps. Keep us posted if you can Saitada, hugs to you and your wife
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont do prayers, i do send energy, so i will send some good energy that way and hope it helps. Keep us posted if you can Saitada, hugs to you and your wife

Can you send me some 'positive energized' coins too? b:thanks

The black out produced by the quake lasted almost all day, so I haven't been able to grind at all today b:surrender
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i hope the tsunami isnt so bad that will reach your computer to stop playing pwi for a week or so... b:worried
    wishing best luck to all th ppl in hawaii!!
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Can you send me some 'positive energized' coins too? b:thanks

The black out produced by the quake lasted almost all day, so I haven't been able to grind at all today b:surrender

Good thoughts and energy should be worth more then coins :P And i kinda need every coin i have lol, otherwise, id have done it, really! b:chuckleb:laugh
    My caracters:
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good thoughts and energy should be worth more then coins :P And i kinda need every coin i have lol, otherwise, id have done it, really! b:chuckleb:laugh

oh little edit, we were looking for what aid workers gather money here to send there where its needed, so wasnt just trying to laugh it off, tho i do need coins for myself, i still consider myself living quite luxurious compared to people in other countries, so yea, we do spend rl coins on good causes

Ugh.. didnt mean it to be a dubble post, wanted to edit original one, sorry for the double post
    My caracters:
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just got back. Tsunami was only little sloshy wave surges. Nothing much at all. Glad for it. Would rather it ended up nothing than something. The wife and I, and a couple of our neighbors drove up to Makawao and found a nice safe place to park and relax while we listened to the news and waited to see what we would have to contend with.

The first wave was supposed to hit Hilo on the Big Island at 11:07 am but didn't show up till about 40 minutes or so later. Hana on Maui saw the water recede and return several times, but again, no major wave size more like rising and setting regular tides, just a lot faster (a few minutes versus a few hours).

We got the all clear about an hour ago and headed home. No damage anywhere on the islands that we are aware of at this time.

Thank you all for being concerned about us out here. Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much in Hawaiian).

Our prayers and thoughts go out to those in Chile and the surrounding areas that were devastated by the Earthquake there.

~S
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sai, I was told to quote this to you.

"BRAH you so da kine, dey wen say "sloshy" not sloppy, so loco you"

...I have no idea what it says b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sai, I was told to quote this to you.

"BRAH you so da kine, dey wen say "sloshy" not sloppy, so loco you"

...I have no idea what it says b:surrender

Tell your friend I said "Thanks Brah, corrected, and yeah I am"
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good to hear Hawai was spared any misfortune and it's good to see you posting on forums unharmed Sai. Todos estamos con ustedes hermanos en Chile.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mucha mierda por todos los cilenos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For people who didn't know.

There was 8.8 earthquake in Chile, that caused the warnings that is happening right now in Hawaii.

I hope everyone in Hawaii will be alright and the Tsunami dosen't happen there. b:surrenderb:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • vulpeculea
    vulpeculea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    evilramen wrote: »
    Feb 14, Chinese New Year, i see nothing about PWI will do anything to celebrate this joyful holiday. thinking without the Chinese PW, this international version will not even exists.......so why not show some respect to the Chinese? this is the BIGGEST holiday to us Chinese, just my 2cents.

Who gives a rip about Chinese frickin new year? I live in the United States, not China. For that matter, PWI could go about NOT celebrating any 'holiday' and I would be content. All you religious and spiritual freaks just need to get off my bloody planet!

/troll

~Saitada

I/We do not care about you, just like you do not care about other people b:laugh

FEEL FREE TO b:cry

OMGs, this is my first post and I post here b:bye

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=617452
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    vulpeculea wrote: »
    I/We do not care about you, just like you do not care about other people b:laugh

FEEL FREE TO :cry

That doesn't mean he wishes any harm on the Chinese, no reason to wish harm on him.

Edit: Even if you don't care about Sai, at least have some respect for the others that are affected by this. Wow, people are seriously ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    your first post and you have already been labeled as IGNORANT

how can you compare a friking holyday with a calamity ?

man you must have some serious lack in brain mass...b:bye

and for the records:

(even if i dont care of s.valentine)

S. Valentine >> Chinese New Year

and if u wanna make joke of people disgrace, call me when some1 close to you dies b:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mucha mierda por todos los cilenos

Te cae? o sea neto? pinche trol...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I has no natural disasters in my area. Well, no major ones at least.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

+1 to this
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    man you must have some serious lack in brain mass...b:bye

How'd you know b:surrender

Glad you were safe Sai,
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

I am not sure how you equate an Earthquake in Chile (and the deaths and damage there) and a possible Tsunami in Hawaii and the Pacific Basin with Chinese new year in that microscopic brain of yours, but I see you have somehow managed to do it.

As I have said many times before, the lack of intelligence of some users on these forums leaves me baffled at how they can still manage to feed themselves without assistance, let alone post on an internet forum.

*shakes head*

I'm bookmarking this one as a prime example of the absolute and utter stupidity of some users in action.

~Saitada
  • Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Good to hear Hawai was spared any misfortune and it's good to see you posting on forums unharmed Sai. Todos estamos con ustedes hermanos en Chile.

Muchas gracias por vuestro apoyo. En Vitacura se ven las cosas bien. Escribiera mas pero este foro detesta los acentos.

FUERZA CHILE!!

Basically just wrote: Thanks for your support. In Vitacura, things seem fine now.
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."