Developers screwed up assasin?

Options
Lynore - Sanctuary
Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Assassin
Ok, so fast and short, who the heck make melee class with Light armor, i have Assassin, and it sucks, after one mob my HP and MP bar are close to 0b:angry, blood paint doesn't help at all, im using skills to kill mob before he kills me and then im barely having any Mana left, is this my fault i don't know how to play, or all Physic classes are screwed up like that. Besides I made this Sin for pk, but barb would be better, they should give assasin Heavy plate, Archers has bow so they take 50% of mob Hp before it even get to him.b:sad
Post edited by Lynore - Sanctuary on

Comments

• StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yep, you don't know how to play. or you stat-ed wrong. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YupYup - Sanctuary
    YupYup - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yep, you don't know how to play. or you stat-ed wrong. b:bye

b:victoryb:laughb:laugh
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm doing perfectly fine.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    either a troll or an idiot.

i kill mobs and end with almost full health. only skill i use most the time is rib strike then normal swing b:bye
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Stats like Archer right? mostly dex 0 mag, strengh for gear, and 40 vitality
  • YupYup - Sanctuary
    YupYup - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    vitpoints = waste
  • Shojo_S - Harshlands
    Shojo_S - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah is your fault cause what you need to do against mobs is normal attack with fast att speed then you gain more than you lose is how the class is built pvm
  • Jyre - Harshlands
    Jyre - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok, so fast and short, who the heck make melee class with Light armor, i have Assassin, and it sucks, after one mob my HP and MP bar are close to 0b:angry, blood paint doesn't help at all, im using skills to kill mob before he kills me and then im barely having any Mana left, is this my fault i don't know how to play, or all Physic classes are screwed up like that. Besides I made this Sin for pk, but barb would be better, they should give assasin Heavy plate, Archers has bow so they take 50% of mob Hp before it even get to him.b:sad

Let me see if I could understand this.

Who makes melee classes with light armor? Plenty of MMOs and guess which melee class uses light armor but still kicks ****?

..You guessed it! Assassins/Rogues.

Bloodpaint's a lifesaver at times, you just don't realize it until you get to higher levels but you do notice that it is a handy buff. Mana is one thing that not only Assassins but Blademasters also need to worry about. Quick fix? Get mana pots, mana charm, whichever.

If you made your assassin for PK'ing then aren't you glad from just being able to get out of sight and stab that soft, marshmallowy cleric dancing through that deserted road? <=/...

Barbs and archers are great pk'ers too but hey, whatever floats your boat. b:lipcurl
    Jyre for Hire!
    *Out To Lunch* sign.
    Well, ... sometimes. b:quiet
  • Alarra - Harshlands
    Alarra - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    get close to mob > spark > tele to him > tackling slash (for chi and immobilize) > finish with normal attacks - lose about 10-20% hp <---- how is that bad?

really now sins are one of the easiest classes to solo and i played all of them.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

If you made your assassin for PK'ing then aren't you glad from just being able to get out of sight and stab that soft, marshmallowy cleric dancing through that deserted road? <=/...
    l

i like marshmallows b:dirty
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *puzzled and confused as hell*
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *puzzled and confused as hell*

if you wanna be a fishy, you gotta fink like teh fishy. we slippery as hell, other peeps need a ton of patience to catch us, and 75% of the time we get away anyways. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UltraStatic - Raging Tide
    UltraStatic - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    must be another fail assain. i have no probs with my sin
    It wasn't me!
    [SIGPIC]http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/StarChieff/UltraSonic-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of the WHO DAT NATION!!!
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    get close to mob > spark > tele to him > tackling slash (for chi and immobilize) > finish with normal attacks - lose about 10-20% hp <---- how is that bad?

really now sins are one of the easiest classes to solo and i played all of them.

^ this..
    and when you toss blood paint and life powder in there..
    your hp never goes down.. all you do is kill kill kill kill and KILLLL b:bye
    tried BM too.. but this is soooo much easier..
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Devs screwed up Assasin?BS.At least most of ur atks have base phy dmg+XX% weapon +dmg modifier,archers dont even have those for most of our skills to begin with.

Why dont u use a bow till the monster gets close?

If sins were given Heavy Plate as default,it would be like any BM wielding a pair of fists already so what's the point of having a duplicate class.And no1 is stopping you from going HA on your sin.

There's 2 ways u can go about killing monsters:
    1.Spam skills
    2.Spam sparks
    I doubt u will have any problems with spamming sparks given that sins have quite an amazing atk spd.If u wanna spam ur skills,get ur Apoc to lvl 2(correct me if im wrong)and manfacture Focus Powders,they increase your mana regen rate by 50/sec for 10mins.

Honestly whats it with so many QQ threads nowadays.Open ur mind and find the solutins yourselves instead of needing ppl spoonfeed you,narrow minded tards
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    crazy stone
    bh l
    bh ll
    bh lll
    ????
    profit?

wtf u need mobs for lol u just need to find a bh tank and then some numpty with fb tabs b:chuckle

my sin feels OP in every way lol
  • EpicDPS - Harshlands
    EpicDPS - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <--- this sin b:laugh
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ That sin :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:bye /thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah is your fault cause what you need to do against mobs is normal attack with fast att speed then you gain more than you lose is how the class is built pvm

If fast attack speed is important then developers screwed up with Chill of the deep
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why dont u use a bow till the monster gets close?

Cause attacking with bow with regular arrows sucks.
  • EpicDPS - Harshlands
    EpicDPS - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NOBODY IS SAYING IT'S ALL BLACK AND WHITE TEXT BOOK EITHER FAST ATTACK OR SLOW SPIKES

you have the opportunity to either dps like a **** on amphetamines or you can spike like a really scary demon archer on steroids

ffs just hit stuff lol
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nobody Is Saying It's All Black And White Text Book Either Fast Attack Or Slow Spikes

You Have The Opportunity To Either Dps Like A **** On Amphetamines Or You Can Spike Like A Really Scary Demon Archer On Steroids

Ffs Just Hit Stuff Lol

Qft!

Qft!

Qft!
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cause attacking with bow with regular arrows sucks.

then dont QQ bout archers taking off 50% of mob's hp b4 it gets to us.
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I couldnt imagine an assassin with heavy armor. I wouldnt really expect one to have too much survivability if your taking alot of hits anyhow, go in, go big, be smart, run around if you have to, but dont sit and take damage if you arnt dealing out more and faster. Also try getting yourself a good genie to help with that, sins do good dmg, I used to use a LA fist blade master back in the day and had my Genie set up for extra dmg, made for a leathel combo, still have that genie but cant use it till im in my 60s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <--- this sin b:laugh
    ^ That sin :3
    b:bye /thread.

LOL.. this made my day b:victory
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If fast attack speed is important then developers screwed up with Chill of the deep

So you have 2 options:

Fast normal attacks, or spam skill.

And yea, attacking with a bow might not be that great. BUt you can shave of some hp from the mob before it starts to hit you. Isn't that what you complained about archers having a bow?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver
    Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Many times in the past, I have heard people call Assassins a "Pro-Class" in PWI. The more I read these QQ threads.... the more I believe that.

Learn the game. Learn the class. Figure out your way of playing. If the Assassin is too hard for you to control, go reroll to an easier class that suits your playstyle. Don't pick a class beacuse of it's name, it's appearance, or any other superficial thing about it. Pick the class based on how it plays and how it fits you. From what you are posting here, I'd say that the Assassin is definately not the class for you.

Personally, I love my Assassin. It is the most effective class I've played. I still play my 7x Blademaster some, though not as much as my Assassin.

Only downside is coming from HA Phys DD/Sub-Tank to LA Phys DD.
    <.< I forget I can't tank sometimes.... <.<
    Kuroi_Sin
    The Holy Black Assassin
  • Blackmail - Raging Tide
    Blackmail - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with Kuroi Sin -- assassins are considered pro-class because it's a class that can't just be picked up. It takes patience and understanding, and you have to devise your own strategy. Sure, any of us can tell you what WE do... but you need to figure out what YOU do.

There's a heavy armor sin on my server; lv78, using lv60 tt daggers and nearly npc heavy gears. It's shameful in my opinion, and I wanted to kill him for it. However, he loves his build and has a lot of fun killing barbs (killing barbs (killing barbs)) <.< did I just echo?

I think I did.

As for survivability, that's a QQ that only people under 49 should have. By level 49, you should never have to complain about mob fights.

But to try to help you, here's what I do.

At 50% health or less: If I dont telestun the mob, or some other kind of mob control skill off the bat, then i run up and burst (take no damage for first hit), then normal attack the mob.

50% to 90%: I tele, open up with Rib Strike, and normal attack till they're dead.

90% to full health: run up and use Deep Sting (if they cast magic), then stick em with Tackling Slash and normal attack till dead.

The reason why I burst and normal attack is for the sake of regaining hp. Remember, Bloodpaint regains 2% of your attack damage, and you already attack pretty fast. So if you can push 4 attacks to the mob's one, and at any point that mob misses, you've gained a significant amount of HP. Dont think it's a one-shot attempt either; sins have 3 ways to regain some chi, and many ways of bursting on command because of it.

Also, because you're doing normal attacks, you will get a little over half a bar during a lv2 burst, which is already a step ahead. Burst 4 times if you have to (or want to) but the fact is your hp WILL be regained.

And agility plays a role. If the mob doesn't normally miss, there's an opportunity for him to do 1 damage. Abuse that opportunity whenever necessary (or whenever possible).

Remember, any strategy is open to interpretation and fondle, so mix n match till you get something that works for you.
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Chill of the Deep I usually use as a debuff. Only way it would be a buff is if you spam every skill you have.

Bows are very effective weapons for assassins. For any minion that uses bramble, the gatekeepers in BH59, any boss from Rankar, Wyrvern, Gaurnob, Polearm and more with closer range AoEs that do more damage than the distance AoEs I am going to use my bow and arrows. Shoot with that bow, use critical rate self buff and chi gaining skills and you can spark and shoot until its down.

HA is not the worst thing you can do to the class but you need to know what your getting yourself into. You will become the worst class in the game at taking magic damage. Your HP will be almost as low as an archer still (Thanks to better refine rates). Your damage will be so low that most fist BMs will do more damage than you for a single target. Some benefits will be is your armor will give you more HP, You will be able to tank a much larger number of things and in greater number. If you keep your attack rate very high you will still be able to hold aggro/hate if your tanking. In PvP you will pair up against Barbarians and BMs much better being they won't do 2x as much damage to you as you do to them all the time. Grinding on minions for xp and drops will improve some overall. Able to handle much larger number but you need to remember you only have 2 AoE skills so you might be sitting there doing hardly anything for awhile. While with my pure Dex assassin most mobs will be dead by the 2nd or 3rd AoE if their my level.

Overall your early game PvE experience will be improved by going HA. If your gear is very good PvE end game will be better especially if its good enough that you can be the tanker. PvP though your pretty much going to do well with low scale against Barbarians and BMs but everything else will be much harder. When your the squishiest HA class your going to hate every Wizard, Archer, Venomancer, Cleric, Psychic you come across. Able to kill you at a distance only your Knife Throw can reach.

And for many people playing a melee class is not for them. Especially PWI's newest squishy melee class assassin. Early game BM and definitely Barbarian are easier to play than assassin. Later on those classes notice that their damage is falling behind but at least their HP is thousands higher than all the other classes.

But all in all just keep your physical defense high and HP high with your armor and ornaments and I am sure you will enjoy the class much more with most builds really. I only have enough Str for my armor and the remainder in Dex. Very happy with my damage with this build.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish