Chill of the Deep

Options
2»

Comments

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    With just bleed, Tacking, Rib, Slipstream and Rising Dragon you can constantly spam skills. There's no need for Twin.

If you had end game -int gears, you wouldn't put CoD on in the first place anyways.

-interval gears IS VERY COSTY... Granted it'll be very devastating since Sins can freeze anyone then attack with 5 APS, if the victim uses a form of movement move (leap, distance shrink, etc), sins can teleport and continue with 5 APS. However, there is a cost to reach that. Until then we're stuck with CoD and skill spamming ^^ where we need twin strike. Also not everyone wants to follow the "best" build for whatever reasons (cost, pride, go against mainstream syndrome, etc) Personally i do think the 5 APS is the most devastating build, but a skill spamming sin can still do some terror and the only way for non-CS sins.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    -interval gears IS VERY COSTY... Granted it'll be very devastating since Sins can freeze anyone then attack with 5 APS, if the victim uses a form of movement move (leap, distance shrink, etc), sins can teleport and continue with 5 APS. However, there is a cost to reach that. Until then we're stuck with CoD and skill spamming ^^ where we need twin strike. Also not everyone wants to follow the "best" build for whatever reasons (cost, pride, go against mainstream syndrome, etc) Personally i do think the 5 APS is the most devastating build, but a skill spamming sin can still do some terror and the only way for non-CS sins.

Of course it's costly, endgame gears are costly. And yes we are stuck with spamming skills for now, until we get demon spark. Even with -0.15 int, demon spark's gona hurt when combined with Tackling and Occult Ice.
    rising dragon has a 30 second CD. you can not spam that b:bye
    I just spammed the Ancient Sea Dragon for 5 mins. Yes I had to throw Deep Sting in there too but Twin is far from needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    With just bleed, Tacking, Rib, Slipstream and Rising Dragon you can constantly spam skills. There's no need for Twin.

If you had end game -int gears, you wouldn't put CoD on in the first place anyways.

that does make sense but there are certain situations where you would want it. almost anything you plan on stun locking can have COD. but when you go for most damage possible your better with -int
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and how much -int gears are we talking before it overtakes CoD+Skill spam?
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and how much -int gears are we talking before it overtakes CoD+Skill spam?

well currently for me with -.15 int i swing 1.57/sec. a little faster than 3 swings every 2 seconds. my normal swings do about ~1200 on mobs. slipstream strike does ~3400 but takes 2 seconds to fully use. that's without CoD though....i'll test it with CoD tomorrow but it seems about equal at this point so likely -.2 int will break that
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
    edited February 2010
    Options
    After -0.15, it gets expensive. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• UesugiBlade - Lost City
    UesugiBlade - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

i keep on dreaming about those..b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    Uziel - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Although -interval gear would be nice (91 and still rocking in my tt80 gold) sins can still DPS fine in pvp without CoD, I find that its more of a situational buff than anything else. Ill list the pro's and cons of CoD imo.

Pro's
    Obviously hard hitting which can lead to 1 or 2 shooting LA and Robe classes
    Crits are huge when wolf is up at the moment I have 28 percent crit rate and love seeing 4-7k crits on people.

Con's
    Slow's down attack speed which if you're fighting a HA that's charmed chances are it going to be a long fight or you will die.

I used to only pvp with CoD on and never had any problems except against Barbs and a few bms, Now since I don't use CoD as much I can kill pretty much anyone prompted my timing is right and get lucky with a few crits at the right time. Sin's can stun-lock with or without a genie;mind you it's not as great as a BM's stun-lock but the skills like throat cut etc make it more spam-able.

In conclusion its in my opinion that you don't need interval gear to pvp without CoD. Just more tactics. Of course there are times when then you just want to gank someone and re stealth right away CoD is fine for that but try pvping without it is harder but it will also prepare you for when Demon Spark is out and you want to start using that to its fullist.
    Former BM Masakari
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now if only you could cast CoD again when its already on to turn it off.
    that would be beautiful
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As of now I use CoD as a debuff for bosses I kill in my bounty hunters and for TT. 10 minutes of where my attack rate is significantly reduced while raising how much damage I do per hit. Being that attack rate is such a significant factor in aggro/hate from minions and bosses being there is a base aggro/hate for each attack you do and various amounts for how much damage you do and various amounts of aggro/hate skills do. I use it so I don't kill myself by taking aggro/hate from whoever is tanking being a barbarian, veno's pet, or blademaster who has the highest HP in the squad. If I used skills other than just basic melee with CoD I am sure I would do much more damage overall but often times I am trying to lower my damage power with the enormous chi gain rate this class provides and being pure Dex build other than Str for armor.

-Flop Flop- Im a fishy
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options

that -.15 wasnt cheap >_> my sin is 63.... and no scroll of tome..that would give me .2 b:chuckle

at 90 i should have -.25 (cape is -.05 i think...)
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that -.15 wasnt cheap >_> my sin is 63.... and no scroll of tome..that would give me .2 b:chuckle

at 90 i should have -.25 (cape is -.05 i think...)

Reps to tokens ratio is **** >_<. I want my rank IV already Q_Q.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Trawne - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Reps to tokens ratio is **** >_<. I want my rank IV already Q_Q.

yeah it took quite a bit of tokens lol

it doesnt seem so bad though. i stopped at 35 and farmed 1k rep (and a ton of sp too) off that OMA tiger striped araneids (3 rep 720 sp for 20 spiders. took 5 minutes to do)

i also raised my rep every time i could get a new rank at 40 and 50 so 60 didnt seem that big a jump. at 63 i already have 6250 rep. at 70 i'll get more to rank up again so 80 and 90 dont feel that bad either lol
  • wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If any sin users out there know the secret to chain casting, then there wouldn't be a debate over the CoD issue already.

Chain Casting = Casting your abilities without the need to go through the delay in casting time. ( IT works as though you've a mage's Essential Sutra on. )

Of course, it'll take some practise in order to chain cast because it takes absolute precision.

To chain cast, start off with an ability. Right after you press the button to the first, immediately click on your second skill right before the casting bar pops out. Your second skill will be executed instantly straight after the first. This can save you close to a second of cast time. Note that you can only perform this when you are within your skill's casting range if not, you'll **** up the whole thing. ( you'll get what I mean when you experience it yourself. Its difficult to elaborate on it down here ) Chain casting up to 5 skills ( which is gonna take ALOT of practise ) will certainly aid you alot in PVP.

So far, I've only managed to chain cast 4 skills in a row. Thats my highest record, and I've only did that once. I can manage a 100% rate of chain casting 2 skills in a row, and 50% for 3 skills right now.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wolfyyy wrote: »
    If any sin users out there know the secret to chain casting, then there wouldn't be a debate over the CoD issue already.

Chain Casting = Casting your abilities without the need to go through the delay in casting time. ( IT works as though you've a mage's Essential Sutra on. )

Of course, it'll take some practise in order to chain cast because it takes absolute precision.

To chain cast, start off with an ability. Right after you press the button to the first, immediately click on your second skill right before the casting bar pops out. Your second skill will be executed instantly straight after the first. This can save you close to a second of cast time. Note that you can only perform this when you are within your skill's casting range if not, you'll **** up the whole thing. ( you'll get what I mean when you experience it yourself. Its difficult to elaborate on it down here ) Chain casting up to 5 skills ( which is gonna take ALOT of practise ) will certainly aid you alot in PVP.

So far, I've only managed to chain cast 4 skills in a row. Thats my highest record, and I've only did that once. I can manage a 100% rate of chain casting 2 skills in a row, and 50% for 3 skills right now.

You CAN'T remove casting time. You're just using skils right after each other without lagg in between. (caue you've already given the order before you need the order)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Could anyone tell me if the skill, vs. a lower player than you still works? My friend says the higher attack level boost, only works against higher players than you or the same level. is this true?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if the skill, vs. a lower player than you still works? My friend says the higher attack level boost, only works against higher players than you or the same level. is this true?

not true. your damage will be higher on the lower level