Faction 'home'

Options
Shredclaw - Sanctuary
Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
I got this idea from another game I used to play.

Perhaps there can be a way to give factions a customizable instance. If an item were put in the boutique to create such an instance, or to increase its size, there would be quite a rush to buy these items. And then if more features were added, such as a pk room or something similar to the deathmatch arena, it'd be a way for the faction to have mock TW battles or to just fool around. This idea can go pretty far, and I think that other people can add more to this.

So, any more suggestions?
I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
And I am not afraid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shredclaw - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this suggestion is full of win b:dirty

faction hall/house/home would be really awesome! and yea it would provide more incentive for ppl to charge, there could also be like customizable single rooms for members :O

and they could actually be put in-game too, like you can choose a territory to put the main faction hall in, and it can have visiting centers and stuff, which could have like info on the faction, bulletins and such (going preeeetty far here b:surrender)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, I don't mean adding something to the map. Make it a separate instance, so that things are much easier to insert. Perhaps have a button in the faction menu that teleports you there. Give it a 10 second cast time, like the town portal.

Like I said before, it has promise. And it'd be a sure moneymaker for PWE. So it seems like a win-win to me.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    already been suggested multiple times

i'll say the same thing here i said on all the others...

DO WANT b:dirty
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea great idea b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This would be truly epic.

The problem is that if PW implemented this they would probably charge some stupid amount like 100 cs gold for an instance or something b:angry

I really do like the idea though..... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, there's a side of supply and demand that most people don't understand. If you lower the price of a good, then demand for it will generally RISE. 20 gold for it would be a good price, and then maybe 2 gold for each additional room, as well as 1 gold to give a room a specific purpose. The 20 gold starter will give you 2 rooms plus an entrance hall. Banners on the walls will depict the faction emblem, and the leader can choose from several different styles for the overall look of the place.

There could even be a teleport master in there! No more TW factions crowding a town before battles! Who WOULDN'T want that?

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've mentioned something like this before, it would be GREAT. and not too hard, i believe. There could be buyable portions to the building, like in preset segments. why preset? because I'm not sure how possible custom is. BUT there would be more than one "furniture sets" or whatever, and when you bought them the items or sections of the building would appear in the instance. I think it's very possible.
  • Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary
    Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    did u used to play guild wars by any chance, cuz that sounds hella like the guild halls there b:chuckle

and i loved my guild hall lol

it would be sooo sweet for that, hell if we cant have player housing y not guild halls, i mean make it cost make it an instance and make it for lvl 3 factions just like the emblem thingys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself at a dark forest, for the clear path was lost."
    ~Dante Canto I of 'The Divine Comedy'
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, never played guild wars. It's from the house system on rune scape, actually. But that was one of the only good things I saw about rs, and it was waaaaay too expensive and time-consuming for me to get very far on it. I'm sure PW could come up with a much better version of it.

You could have preset 'doorways' that looked just like walls until you put a room on the other side. That way the layout of the instance would be customizable without causing too much trouble.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GMs should really look into this.
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, I don't mean adding something to the map. Make it a separate instance, so that things are much easier to insert. Perhaps have a button in the faction menu that teleports you there. Give it a 10 second cast time, like the town portal.

Like I said before, it has promise. And it'd be a sure moneymaker for PWE. So it seems like a win-win to me.

sry, i made my point incompletely, i was thinking like it could be visible from the map/outside, but leads into an instance b:laugh

of course, we should be able to jump high in this instance, its not like its an fb xD

@Haseo
    guild wars was a cool game lol, guild hall and guild hall customization was awesome =P, very much want it here b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Do want do want do want do want do want do want....

...would love it b:victoryb:chuckle
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yea, there'd be no reason to increase the gravity in there.

Putting any part of the base on the outside would require a ton of extra programming, and would not be worth all the work in the eyes of PWE. Perhaps have a portal in arch or something, but that'd be about the extent of the additions to the common map.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i would rlly luv to have this this way i can hang out in a place with my best buds but wouldnt it be little laggy sense a lvl 3 faction can have up to 200 members?
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    i would rlly luv to have this this way i can hang out in a place with my best buds but wouldnt it be little laggy sense a lvl 3 faction can have up to 200 members?

Never have I seen all 200 members of a faction online all at once.

besides, Shredclaw's suggestion was different "rooms" in the instance, so it could be like different parts of a city :o, a lot of ppl at west archo wouldn't lag you at north archo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    =O *gaspz* i love eeeet b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »

Yes, if my suggestion is implemented as it is, you'd start out with 3 rooms. An entrance, and two smaller rooms, along with the option to add more. So you can have people spread out in separate parts, and lag won't be much of a problem. Especially if several rooms are made to have the same function. You'll usually have 10-20 members online at a time, or perhaps more depending on the situation. Even if everyone wants to practice in the pvp room, having two pvp rooms will distribute the people so that each one is manageable without being either crowded or spread too thin.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think this is a perfect idea but since it seems like the GMs never read suggestion threads we should all just sent tickets instead. Maybe if they get flooded with tickets bout this they will actually listen to our ideas.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This would take a very considerable amount of programming to implement. However from where I'm standing it has more profit potential than the Rising Tide expansion, so it would be well worth it.

Yes, definitely this must be implemented let's flood the GMs with tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh meh gawd tampon.... the GM's can only send to the idea to the Devs. I'm shur they have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True but the GMs hardly ever read these forums. Flooding them with tickets on the same idea would be much more effective than this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear
    Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh my god i was going to suggest this, it would be epic.

this is better than player housing IMHO, because people would actually go there and it wouldnt be empty all the time,

there could be an expensive room add on, that has a random TT boss spawn every 10 mins with reduced drop rates b:victory
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm all for thisb:victory

dont forget separated rooms for the married couplesb:chuckle
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There's a lot of player feedback on this, and so far not one negative point has been brought up. Can we get some Mod/GM feedback on this?

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I Wants! D:
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like it too.

Add a punching bag in individual players room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eziox
    eziox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And have training rooms example: a room tht spawns monsters from lvl *insert lvl here* to *insert lvl here*, and a throne room for faction leader would be pretty cool
    If you find yourself in a fair fight you didn't plan your mission properly.

Officer: 'Why did you shoot that terrorist 27 times?' SAS Trooper's reply: 'I ran out of bullets, sir.'

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Retreating?! H*ll no, we're just attacking the other direction!
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *trys to think of a bad side to it...* nope to full of win to see bad in it. thats a compliment coming form a negitive person
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • eziox
    eziox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pros: To many to list

Cons: ........only con i can think about is if they dont make it
    If you find yourself in a fair fight you didn't plan your mission properly.

Officer: 'Why did you shoot that terrorist 27 times?' SAS Trooper's reply: 'I ran out of bullets, sir.'

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Retreating?! H*ll no, we're just attacking the other direction!
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    self bump ftw >:D

Keep the ideas rollin people! Eventually this thread HAS to get implemented. Unless the game has really gone downhill.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]