What will pwi be like in 10 years?

Options

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Perfect World wont be here in 10 years. They don't care as much anymore as they once used to. They ignore a large amount of continual problem such as bugs and they untill recently stopped doing any event that didn't make them money. Perfect World is a business through and through, they have the players in now and they are making loads so when the money starts to dry up PW will cease to exist. At the current rate i am guessing 2-4 years.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    theres always 100k+ people on the battle.net servers for D2, its an MMO.

and green gear? are you kidding me? set items are wothless, and not even considered 'endgame.' please, try again, this isnt 1.09.

even the best unique 'gold' colored things can be found easily in a few hours of play, by nice players kind enough to give them to you if they dont need them.

Diablo is not an MMO, is a lobby game. Go to the MMORPG.COM forums, at least 1 noob a week tries that argument and gets chewed. And Blizzard games fun? What?! They're formulaic and repetitive. It's kinda like saying Twilight is a great movie because it has a large following.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Who plays a game for 10 years? Me not, I don't care.
    It's always the same... for ~2 years a new game is rly nice, developers care about gameplay and how satisfied the players are, but after a while they start focusing on makin more money via cash shop/botique and this results in bigger differences between cash shoppers and non cash shoppers (lowers the fun for non cash shoppers, unless they got a lot of time to keep up with cash shoppers).
    Quitted another game recently (after..3 years, lol) cuz cash shop ruled the game and made pvp imbalanced, u were able to dupe for about a week (2000$ in a night if u sold the money u duped) causing serverdowns and rollbacks by a simple drag and drop bug, no joke, and gms didn't care about it.
    That's what happened after 5 years of existing (game is named flyff...), I don't want to say PWI has the same fate, but somehow f2p games always end up as pay2win games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I cant see perfect world still being here in 10 years. It will probably become obsolete in a few years to a brand new MMORPG. PWI would have to realease something pretty fantastic to stay alive other wise.

The world of games and technology moves so fast these days that most things would be very very lucky indeed to have a 10 year life span, let alone a couple of years. Leaving only the die hard fans to continue playing.

I personally dont see me playing PWI in 10 years and the new computers then will probably be to advanced to play it lol. It would be like playing Final fantasy 7 versus todays finaly fantasy 13 for the new generation consoles lol.

EDIT: Even though there is alot of map still to fill up I can still see people getting board with it. I mean the tide born reach lvl20ish then head off to arch just like the rest of the races. I would get annoyed going through the same old quests time and time again just to play a different classes and or race. Speaking of class wise how much more can they add anyway. Also if whats happening now I cant see alot of people playing PWI for much longer. I cant see me being here for another year or so.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • LuLu/ - Lost City3
    LuLu/ - Lost City3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it will get eaten by space cows......

Just wait and see, anything culd happen *yeah right* and PWI culd even stay for 20 years *lol its gonna burn to interweb hell in 2-6 yrs*....

Just be optimistic
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's always the same... for ~2 years a new game is rly nice, developers care about gameplay and how satisfied the players are, but after a while they start focusing on makin more money via cash shop/botique

Simple solution - dont play MMO's that rely on cash shop.
    I can guarantee I wont be after my experience with PW. Well maybe I might give one a try from a different company if they sound really good, but never again from PWI.

Id give PW about another 2-3 years.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In 10 years Perfect World will be a barren wasteland with little to no vegetation.
    Races will fight for wat little is left of this land, mountians will crumble, rivers will dry, and most life will cease to exsist.... diesease and rot will infest teh land... and ppl will turn on each other, it will be a fight to stay alive. Death and chaos will be seen in most places and Etherblade City will be in ruins! This Perfect World will begin to spiral downward in a slow and steady gait..........................
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I cant see perfect world still being here in 10 years. It will probably become obsolete in a few years to a brand new MMORPG. PWI would have to realease something pretty fantastic to stay alive other wise.

The world of games and technology moves so fast these days that most things would be very very lucky indeed to have a 10 year life span, let alone a couple of years. Leaving only the die hard fans to continue playing.

I personally dont see me playing PWI in 10 years and the new computers then will probably be to advanced to play it lol. It would be like playing Final fantasy 7 versus todays finaly fantasy 13 for the new generation consoles lol.

EDIT: Even though there is alot of map still to fill up I can still see people getting board with it. I mean the tide born reach lvl20ish then head off to arch just like the rest of the races. I would get annoyed going through the same old quests time and time again just to play a different classes and or race. Speaking of class wise how much more can they add anyway. Also if whats happening now I cant see alot of people playing PWI for much longer. I cant see me being here for another year or so.

PWI is already obsolete. It isn't taking advantage of any of the new video technology that I can see (my video cpu temp drops running PWI -vs- my other 'more advanced' game.).

~S
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PWI is alredy obsolete...hav u seen the graphics?? reminds me of N64 b:chuckle
    with more advance games coming out...pwi will b lucky 2 see its 3rd anniversary
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • KittyYuri - Dreamweaver
    KittyYuri - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    While it may not hang in there for 10 years, I do hope it sticks around for at least a couple more.

After all, I haven't even got my Herc yet, I'd like some time to use it when I do ;~; Though it would be just my luck that when I finally found a game with my favourite class, that I've spent a lot of time (and more money than I'd care to admit >>) on, that it would go belly up. T^T
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see people are complaining about cash shop player again... quick question to those people : why does it bother you that some take the easy way out? It is their choice... so like would you rather the game generate no profit and not expand? Because it takes a lot of effort for them to come up with items the cash shop players will buy and not ignore.

So what would it take to satisfy to the point of the majority here to stop complaining about cash players?
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see people are complaining about cash shop player again... quick question to those people : why does it bother you that some take the easy way out? It is their choice... so like would you rather the game generate no profit and not expand? Because it takes a lot of effort for them to come up with items the cash shop players will buy and not ignore.

So what would it take to satisfy to the point of the majority here to stop complaining about cash players?

First 8 months of PWI was fine. The time I spent on PW:MY was fine. They made plenty of money selling charms, mounts, teleports, teleacoustics, etc etc but stuff like endgame weapons and oracles weren't directly buyable.

I think I could take a punt at speaking for the majority by saying if they removed "packs" and oracles and a few other things most people would be happy again.

Of course doing it the say they have has made them more money in the short term. As for how many less are playing now and how much earlier the game will die isnt something we can know for sure. Not to mention how many less people their next game will have in it.
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    special ed mount i think, maybe two and some new clothes... that's about it =]

nah i dont think the game will last that long, honestly i hope gaming will have evolved by then =P
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    perfect world CAN last but the mods and devs need to spend more time fixing wats wrong instead of making new updates, there is WAY 2many probslems as is they need to address all THEN upgrade and revamp...but as i said their creditability is very low when it comes to fixing errors in perfect world
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

If ure responding to my post (cuz I saw no other with anything about cash shop): Id didn't complain about cash shop players, I only said, that the difference is getting bigger and bigger between cash shop and non cash shop players, which is not the case in the beginning.

U don't have to vindicable urself when the term "cash shopper" is mentioned somewhere cuz it's not alway an offense to talk about ppl who use cash shop.
    btw every1 is using cash shop sooner or later via irl cash or ingame effort. And it doesn't matter if u work and spend ur money on the game to lvl faster n stuff or if u spend more time on the game. It's just that many ppl like to play longer instead of working part time for some extra money as a student/pupil or whatever, just as an example. So if they complain about cash shoppers, they complain about being lazy to earn some money. But mostly all are using the excuse not to be willing to spend some money on a game or refusing to be envious but are talking bad about cash shoppers instead of just not caring about the whole topic. There are exceptions as always but I guess u have made some similar experiences/read some similar QQin from non-cash shoppers over cash shoppers.
    Anyways just my opinion, let's stay on-topic.

But I still don't care about what's happening to a game in 10 years...play as long as it's fun and quit when u feel like u have to quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Who plays a game for 10 years?

Starcraft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Like I said before, I doubt PWI will make it 3 more years. Let alone 10.

~S
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Time to sound like an old hag:

Back in my day... People bought cash shop items to help support the company, and they were proud to be helping out the company, since thier cash shop was fair.

Now people cash shop strictly for thier own benefits, and it makes me feel dirty if I spend on this game, more specifically on silly gamble boxes that try to milk you clean with chances of "best" gear.

I felt good about supporting the game. Now, I just feel dirty and suckered into it.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Starcraft.
    and like i mentioned, diablo 2, which is way better than SC
    Diablo is not an MMO, is a lobby game. Go to the MMORPG.COM forums, at least 1 noob a week tries that argument and gets chewed. And Blizzard games fun? What?! They're formulaic and repetitive. It's kinda like saying Twilight is a great movie because it has a large following.
    according to this logic, i have to believe what another person thinks because another forum says so? thats like a complete oxymoron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kla/dian - Sanctuary18
    Kla/dian - Sanctuary18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    in 10 years i'll rule PWIb:laughb:thanks
  • serevii
    serevii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hmm. it just might last if the gms update according to all new technologies taht will be coming out, i personally is hoping for VR games
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    saliith wrote: »
    Looking back at the progress games have made in the last 15 years and seeing how rapidly new games are developed, i don't think any game can last 10 years. In a decade, some online games might still have a fraction of the population they had in their prime, but most will just be dead. PW and similar games are even more likely to perish in the long run.

I am still playing one that is one 10 year old game engine it is not an MMO though.I think computers and Os will change by then.I hope it stays around for few years to come so I can get my alts up there and another cleric sage or demon.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It won't be here. Any mmo company that allows greed to run rampant in their games is just asking for a quick death.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I believe the word is "empty"
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL
    10 years?
    i think it may last 2 years more at maximum the way that it is going
    PWE is aware of this and it probably squeezing as much money as it can for perfect world 2 or something
    the game is just dated and cant cut it the glamorous world of non grind western mmos
    -the graphics are ****
    -the game extremely buggy, u get stuck in mountains, fences, hair dissapears, etc
    -grindfest
    -instead of adding endgame content, they are destroying it
    -grindfest
    -player skill is not much of a factor, the game is highly gear dependant
    -not much character build customisaton
    -the game is reward based, earning the rewards is a chore and extremely boring however it is still played because the rewards are good (i dont think this will cut it in 10 years, there are already mmos out there that are fun to play while also being rewarding)
    -BH is only cool the first few times you do it
    -quests are just grinding with cherry on top
    - no collision or physics in game engine

there are plenty of better games coming out

i just checked out allods online ("f2p")
    its a great game ( smooth, not buggy, customisable characters, fun!, not grindy)
    but the recent patch changes have been a blatant money grab
    basically the game now costs $1.35 to play once you reach hi level
    the community outrage is hilarious and everyone is quitting the game
    the forums are a complete mess , it is really a sight to behold
    such potential destroyed due to greed
    atleast PWE managed the game really well until anni packs came out
    once was enough

i think i might have to stop being stingy and just go p2p

while i wait for diablo 3 (f2p) or guildwars 2 (not sure whether f2p or p2p)

tera online looks promising (you actually have to aim your spells, its sooo coool), should be being released soon
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL
    10 years?
    PWE is aware of this and it probably squeezing as much money as it can for perfect world 2 or something
    the game is just dated and cant cut it the glamorous world of non grind western mmos
    -the graphics are ****
    -the game extremely buggy, u get stuck in mountains, fences, hair dissapears, etc
    -grindfest
    -grindfest
    -the game is reward based, earning the rewards is a chore and extremely boring however it is still played because the rewards are good (i dont think this will cut it in 10 years, there are already mmos out there that are fun to play while also being rewarding)

its a great game ( smooth, not buggy, customisable characters, fun!, not grindy)
    once was enough

tera online looks promising (you actually have to aim your spells, its sooo coool), should be being released soon

pwi may be a grindfest with crappy graphics, but its still a fun game
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PWI in 10 years.. I picture one of two things:

1. Cobwebs and ghost towns.
    2. A battle between who is a richer cash shopper IRL.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ...never really knew of an MMO to last 10 years...

...there probably is one, but...whatever.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ...never really knew of an MMO to last 10 years...

...there probably is one, but...whatever.

b:chuckle

Ragnarok maybe? I'm not sure. And stop following me!
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL
    10 years?
    -the graphics are ****
    -grindfest
    -grindfest

once was enough

gw2 is b2p just liek the origonal
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.