LA best for PVP and reason why I advise light armor for PVP

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is this a troll LOL

You're using OP g15 equipment thats not even in game and fully stacked g12 phy def shards - that no one will ever be rich/dumb enough to use unless they play private server.

And still u managed to create a pathetic 1 shoot build b:chuckle

You have same mag def as an archer and half the hp of an archer. Even a vita build cleric or veno will be able to 1 shoot you b:chuckle

LOLOL just saw the evasion gear and the weapon, pataka for cata clerics <.<

yep.....proof that not even tons of monies can make up for stupidity if teh stupidity be of this magnitude.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LA wizards fail.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LA wizards fail.

Woot these thread just get a chance to start argument between pure arcane and la wizard. b:laugh
    Good luck everyone b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Woot these thread just get a chance to start argument between pure arcane and la wizard. b:laugh
    Good luck everyone b:sad

apparently the pure arcane side already won.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ok, I'll tell you the truth, neither my main barb or this bm, or most of my chars don't use LA simply because i'm not really getting hit with the opposite. Only my veno is LA / magic instrument build so she can use fox form and survive better with physical hits, so I have both arcane and light armor and Yulk can wear it but he is using heavy because I get at close range, but I will get him light armor for pure magic mobs while using magic marrows to tank magic attacks better FOR MAGIC ATTACKS. Any armor can disappoint you if you don't use it and shard it properly, waste of time. If you guys think LA is fail and / or think outdated shards will help you, and HP shards increase so little on classes other than barbs, some skills have NOTHING based on HP, like archers and clerics, adding outdated HP shards on them sucks.

I guess the forums failed even more than the ingame dumboes that don't know how to play their class. IDK maybe, I seen 2 arcane / sword bms -_-" but yeah, where is the sense? lol.

And I'm trolling because I am saying for people that wants to use LA is advised to use it, thats just funny xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Title: LA best for PVP and reason why I advise light armor for PVP

Then:
    but I will get him light armor for pure magic mobs while using magic marrows to tank magic attacks better FOR MAGIC ATTACKS.

Do you PVP with mobs?

b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dallandra - Lost City
    Dallandra - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do you PVP with mobs?

bwahahaha awesome xD
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Title: LA best for PVP and reason why I advise light armor for PVP

Then:

Do you PVP with mobs?

your truly clueless and your 80+ xD. its not like mobs does 1 dmg to you, even bosses. PVPing with that against magic classes work the same, its just actual players your fighting. PVP can end faster than PVE xD. I think you play JD as well, understandable that you got mixed up with JD and PWI lol b:bye

You don't have to wear light armor to PVP if you don't want to, but don't get people to not use light armor because its what they want.

I only PVE and I mainly use main armors for my classes, heavy for barbs and bms, arcane for clerics and wizards, and light armor for archers. Only LA mix is my veno, but I mainly use arcane still and not for once I had trouble with LA on her, period
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    PVPing with that against magic classes work the same, its just actual players your fighting.

Can magic users please enlighten this lad on how you guys take care of BMs who wear LA and magic marrow?

And just from personal experience, PVP is rarely 1 vs 1. Your tactic might be of some use in duels, but in PVP, it will get you killed left right and center. Don't believe me? Try going to PK wars or Territory Wars. Target a mage and magic marrow while in LA. See what happens to you.

No knowledge can be dangerous, but little knowledge can be embarassing my friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Can magic users please enlighten this lad on how you guys take care of BMs who wear LA and magic marrow?

And just from personal experience, PVP is rarely 1 vs 1. Your tactic might be of some use in duels, but in PVP, it will get you killed left right and center. Don't believe me? Try going to PK wars or Territory Wars. Target a mage and magic marrow while in LA. See what happens to you.

No knowledge can be dangerous, but little knowledge can be embarassing my friend.

You mean PK ? b:surrender
    The op not play in pvp server and he only talk about pvp 1vs1 i guess x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Depends on how you define PVP I suppose.

I've always thought going around killing people was "PKing", while having a giant war/TW where everyone's duking it out was "PVP".

Perhaps someone can verify ?_?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I guess
    What op mean is duel where you has certain rules ?

And PK is kinda no rules and you can attack those who much weaker from you ?
    Or attack someone who almost died after fighting other people ?

And TW is a cash shopper fight where everyone was high lv with uber gear? b:laugh

PVP = Player VS Player so all those count as pvp :D

Just say in PK and TW you rarely 1vs1 rather than say PVP. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you have 5 STR, and 1 DEX or more per level in build, light armor still tops heavy armor in magic defense. Overall defense is not high as one or the other. Heavy armor will never be better than light armor, neither light is better than heavy. If light armor was so bad, how come archers or assassins not choose, saying as "forced" not to wear HA over LA?

On top of that, I mean build, so you can swap armors, which is better off.

HA venoes? But not HA assassin? Sounds absurd b:bye

1) I'd like to know how you get 6 'or more' stat points per level.
    2) BMs and barbs (and even sins and archers) will laugh at you for wearing LA.
    3) Venos, wizzies, clerics, and psychics will one shot you if you wear LA.
    4) Balanced does not always mean better.
    5) Archers and sins need 3 dex per level to use a current weapon. Heavy Armor requires 2.5 str per level. That's 5.5 stat points needed per level. I'd still like you to explain #1 to me.
    6) Yes, you can swap armor but that takes at least a couple seconds. That may not sound like much but it's more than enough for someone to kill you.
    7) Venos get 200% damage from melee mastery in fox form. They also get ****loads of p.def in fox form. In fox form, a veno's damage comes from str. Heavy armor needs lots of str.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    You mean PK ? b:surrender
    The op not play in pvp server and he only talk about pvp 1vs1 i guess x.x

of course, if your ganked that does not mean 1 shot lol, your at risk of death regardless of what armor you use, whether its a fast gank or not. Unless they attacking low lvls b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And I'm trolling because I am saying for people that wants to use LA is advised to use it, thats just funny xD
    considering how terrible your english is I doubt you have any clue what trolling is
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    of course, if your ganked that does not mean 1 shot lol, your at risk of death regardless of what armor you use, whether its a fast gank or not. Unless they attacking low lvls b:chuckle

When facing a gank, I'd rather have 10k of each resistance than having 15k magic resistance and 5k physical resistance, or vice versa. The question is not if there is risk or not, but rather how much risk there is, and what is the best way to minimize that risk. LA might beef you up in one area, but leaves you wide open in the other, and if you don't marrow, it's just **** overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm disagree;

(exept for venos)

A good Wizard can silence, sleep, stun, shrink and use good genie skills(Holly path, in exemple) before a barb (lower magic res), a BM (with difficultys, but possible), archer.... it will be difficult, veno (If he paralyze her pet), sin, difficult too, psy; ressist magic.

For clerics, its depend of his skill he will use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Liesssss, LA is not the best for PvP. If you're HA, you can switch between Arcane and Heavy armor, or wear both. Wearing both can help you in your magical defenses and your physical defenses. Even though HA, cripples your magic, you can get gear to add on stats.
    And for LA you need strength and dexterity both.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Liesssss, LA is not the best for PvP. If you're HA, you can switch between Arcane and Heavy armor, or wear both. Wearing both can help you in your magical defenses and your physical defenses. Even though HA, cripples your magic, you can get gear to add on stats.
    And for LA you need strength and dexterity both.

Don't you need the same for HA? b:laugh, HA requires the most points for armors...

Is it me or more people don't know maths?

2.5 STR, 0.5 DEX each LVL for AA. 3 POINTS TOTAL
    1 STR, 1 DEX each LVL for LA. 2 POINTS TOTAL
    0.5 STR, 1.5 MAG for AA. 2 POINTS TOTAL
    And MOST weapons require 3.5 POINTS TOTAL

Basic arcane magic class
    3 + 0.5 = 3.5 <-- free
    needed
    3.5*10 = 350

Magic class with light
    3 + 1 + 1 = 5 <-- full
    needed
    5*10= 500
    Magic class with heavy
    3 + 2.5 + 0.5 = 6 <-- irrelevant
    6*10= 600

If you use latest heavy, you'll have like literally 100 points missing out total. Even archers and sins can just gimp 100 of DEX, grab some extra STR in gears and they still use latest gears. Magic classes can't, even arcane armor is easier to gain. If you want to be heavy, go play a melee class then. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I stand by what I said. Please don't disregard it this time.
    If you can build a BM using LA that can come out with more balanced defenses than the HA one I posted, with equivalent gear, then I will concede defeat.

Or any class for that matter, save for assassins and archers. And please don't say that build you posted in response to Kristoph's HA wizard was your "better" build. That atrocity was an embarassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artoriul - Harshlands
    Artoriul - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No........
    Artoriul of Waria
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    waria.guildlaunch.com
    Be Human.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just because I don't PVP, doesn't mean i don't know how to play.

No it doesn't mean you don't know how to play, it just means that you don't know how to PvP.

Just answer me one question. If you don't PvP, why advise people about PvP? Surely you know more about LA than the 101 archer who used LA his whole life. A lawyer witting a book on brain surgery wut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I pretty much don't care for pvp, I'd be really silly to waste consumables on something senseless b:laugh . This BM can PVP, enough for poles, and enough for fists, if I buy light armor as SECONDARY ARMOR where I can SWITCH with HA and LA, don't really care what idiots say b:bye. I test skills out in duels to see how they work. Then do a real duel as sparring, which is PVP, I don't always win, but I don't always lose either and yes, I done all my duels in my main armors. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    If you don't care to PVP, and you don't PVP, why offer any advice on it at all? Here you are, fighting to the death about it, first saying LA is the best for PVP because it's balanced, then you're moving to how it's a secondary armour. And to top all of it off, you're saying it works in duels so you're applying it to all other facets of PVP.

Nobody here has anything against sharing ideas, opinion and suggestions, but when you offer advice/guidance, one expects you to know what you're talking about.

My advice to you is to get some real PVP under your belt, then come back and spell us your advice again.

Duels are but a grain of sand on an infinite beach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't you need the same for HA? b:laugh, HA requires the most points for armors...

Basic arcane magic class
    3 + 0.5 = 3.5 <-- free
    needed
    3.5*10 = 350

Magic class with light
    3 + 1 + 1 = 5 <-- full
    needed
    5*10= 500
    Magic class with heavy
    6*10= 600

If you use latest heavy, you'll have like literally 100 points missing out total. Even archers and sins can just gimp 100 of DEX, grab some extra STR in gears and they still use latest gears. Magic classes can't, even arcane armor is easier to gain. If you want to be heavy, go play a melee class then. b:bye

No, you don't need the same for HA, if you're a veno, it's just in Str & Mag. Rofl, you would have to buy gear to add up your magic stats, dex, str, etc. Since you're not supposed to invest it into one category at once, then you'd be low on a few.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I pretty much don't care for pvp, I'd be really silly to waste consumables on something senseless b:laugh . This BM can PVP, enough for poles, and enough for fists, if I buy light armor as SECONDARY ARMOR where I can SWITCH with HA and LA, don't really care what idiots say b:bye. I test skills out in duels to see how they work. Then do a real duel as sparring, which is PVP, I don't always win, but I don't always lose either and yes, I done all my duels in my main armors.

Duel doesnt = PVp or sparring as you call it and in a pvp if you switch between armor in mid fight youll be dead by the time and its a waste of quick key space so someone who knows has no exp in pvp b:bye Pvp is for fun so how is that pointless if thats the whole point of the gameb:surrender Duels are diffrent than actual Pvp
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Light armor is THE WORST armor to have in PvP.

Join a PvP Server before talking about PvP builds.

Or... Join TW and learn for yourself that LA is the worst armor to have for PvP.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Basic arcane magic class
    3 + 0.5 = 3.5 <-- free
    needed
    3.5*10 = 350

Magic class with light
    3 + 1 + 1 = 5 <-- full
    needed
    5*10= 500
    Magic class with heavy
    6*10= 600

Did you miss the part where about 40% of the higher lvl venomancer population uses a mix of heavy armor and arcane. Its not hard for me at all to have 250 str and 54 dex for lvl 99 heavy and than 289 magic for my Lunar weapon. God you really have no clue about gear and builds at all do you? Just typing random stuff to get attention b:shocked
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No. Blademasters should stat mag because wizards hit them too much. So then they can switch between HA and AA. Yup. /sarcasm

Although that probably would do them more good than wearing LA ****.