Harshlands server population and pvp

Paimage - Harshlands
Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
Lately I have been a bit more active on forums and noticed that alot of players all around pwi think of Harshlands as a server near empty, with no pvp at all and that simply isnt fun and I couldnt help but open a thread to ask what you players from Harshlands think about this matter cuz its important for new players in pwi to know what HL is really about.
Ok my opinion on this matter is that players are pretty wrong about that; Sometimes I log in on LC and I hav sum alts in 2 other servers too (Sanctuary and Dreamweaver, dont ask me why) and I log in on those servers from time to time to kill the boredom, cant help but notice that those servers r not so different from HL when it comes to population even though they are pretty big (especially LC and Sanctuary). Its true that out of all the older servers(including DW) HL is the smallest but that does not mean that HL is a empty server, HL simply has a slightly lower population.
When it comes to pvp, ppl usually compare HL to LC and I must say that LC has a bit more pvp then HL especially at lvls90+ but then again, that does not mean that the pvp in HL is dead; there is always a pvp here and there, ppl catching each other doing WQ nd bang, ppl fighting against each other cuz of trash talking, etc jus like in LC but the difference is in the amount of players involved and how often big pvp fights happen and by big I mean 20 vs 20 fights nd etc. Perhaps the prob is not jus in a slightly lower population but also on how players keep losing more nd more with pvp since the gold prices in here atm r around 400k.
I certainly have fun in this server and I also like the drama and the ppl that make it fun for me, but I felt like a thread like this was needed due to how wrong ppls thought about HL was and Im willing to see the opinion of sum
"harshlanders".

P.S. OMG there is a poll attached to this thread :O amazing!
Post edited by Paimage - Harshlands on

Comments

• Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There is a lack of new players.
    PvP isn't rare ( even if people like to say it is)
    too much trash talking.
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In my professional opinion people from all the other servers liek to hate on Harshlands and give it a bad name, say its a barren ghostland, say it is/was ruined by oracle babies.

I think its just as active as the other servers with pvp just as good. I mean its younger than the others but its message board is way more active. Better than LC I think. Don't buy into the hype.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands has had the most epic moments nonetheless, bans in SP, Ascii rage etc
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    In my professional opinion people from all the other servers liek to hate on Harshlands and give it a bad name, say its a barren ghostland, say it is/was ruined by oracle babies.

I think its just as active as the other servers with pvp just as good. I mean its younger than the others but its message board is way more active. Better than LC I think. Don't buy into the hype.

Ye u r definitely, but sucks to browse through the forums and hear players that dont even play on the server say the server is dead, no fun when I it is the complete opposite. Prob not alot of the new players read through all the forums cuz HL keeps getting more and more new players.
  • Exodus - Harshlands
    Exodus - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    More than anything, the people who complain about no PvP aren't doing something right...

A) Being afraid to go red

B) Don't like to be the one who starts the fight (refer back to point A)

C) Prefer to grind to level 9x so they can pwn all those below

D) Have a bad history with PK b:shutup

Personally, I have no problem with PKing.

Elyvwayn and I, nearly on a daily basis head down to Tusk Town, and other areas to fight the new 6x, (I know rude, but..) then they go get their mains or friends, and thats when the real battle begins,

More than likely its the two of us (75 & 71) vs. several 8x, and on occasion a 9x (some kid from KD)

And more than likely because Ely and I are coordinated through vent/ knowing how each other plays we are able to take the attacking players down..

Until a Stalkers sin pops up b:cry

For me, PKing isn't about being red and blowing up hundreds of lower levels, its about pwning someone higher than you, having bragging rights >:]

(I mean, TBH, whats so cool about ganking a level 30? E-peen enhancer much?)

As for the population, from the 5x-7x levels it seems about full from what I've seen previously, but the levels former and latter I'm not too sure about.

b:pleased
  • Miliseconds - Harshlands
    Miliseconds - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    More than anything, the people who complain about no PvP aren't doing something right...

Personally, I have no problem with PKing.

Elyvwayn and I, nearly on a daily basis head down to Tusk Town, and other areas to fight the new 6x, (I know rude, but..) then they go get their mains or friends, and thats when the real battle begins,

More than likely its the two of us (75 & 71) vs. several 8x, and on occasion a 9x (some kid from KD)

And more than likely because Ely and I are coordinated through vent/ knowing how each other plays we are able to take the attacking players down..

Until a Stalkers sin pops up b:cry

For me, PKing isn't about being red and blowing up hundreds of lower levels, its about pwning someone higher than you, having bragging rights >:]

(I mean, TBH, whats so cool about ganking a level 30? E-peen enhancer much?)

As for the population, from the 5x-7x levels it seems about full from what I've seen previously, but the levels former and latter I'm not too sure about.

b:pleased

QFT, this server is full of ppl that QQ on forums for pk but only want pk to win instead of doing it for fun. I like the server regardless
    "Its never too late to be what we could have been" - George Elliot

Paimage/Paigrande
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010

+2b:victory
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands has about 300 people who are active <---that isn't a population that's like 1 mall full of people, well the mall could have more people.

Your server lacks pvp mostly because well to many chicken ****'s who wanna pve all day get to 10x then quit...look at all the people who are level 10x do you think they pk anyone nuu mostly becaz they all in carebear guilds...also you lack rpking guilds <
    lol

My 50 cents
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands has about 300 people who are active <---that isn't a population that's like 1 mall full of people, well the mall could have more people.

Your server lacks pvp mostly because well to many chicken ****'s who wanna pve all day get to 10x then quit...look at all the people who are level 10x do you think they pk anyone nuu mostly becaz they all in carebear guilds...also you lack rpking guilds <
    lol

My 50 cents

Really? Do you even play?

10 chars
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
    edited February 2010

10 chars

not yet not summer break yet....phailed mageb:bye

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    not yet not summer break yet....phailed mageb:bye

Rofl youre a joke. So much fail in your statements that you bring dumbness to those who read it.

Your mother prolly **** you, cause by your words you dont seem to be a mammal :O
    (\__/)
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands has had the most epic moments nonetheless, bans in SP, Ascii rage etc

you haven't played LC, do you? xD that ain't nuffin mang
    edited February 2010
    Rofl youre a joke. So much fail in your statements that you bring dumbness to those who read it.

Your mother prolly **** you, cause by your words you dont seem to be a mammal :O

hurts when I tell the truth am-I-rite

BR to the rest lulz

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    hurts when I tell the truth am-I-rite

BR to the rest lulz

OMG he told the truth QQ, some1 kill me pls i cant take it anymore!!!
    (\__/)
    edited February 2010
    OMG he told the truth QQ, some1 kill me pls i cant take it anymore!!!

I always tell tha truth Q_Q so how much monies u spent on this game? 2k or 3k or moar 5k?

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I always tell tha truth Q_Q so how much monies u spent on this game? 2k or 3k or moar 5k?

Ask your mother :D
    (\__/)
    edited February 2010
    Ask your mother :D

she don't know u Q_Q i g2g real life calling

edited February 2010
    Yesterday there there like 20+ KD doing World Bosses, i found them, and when mere ~8 Zulus + 6 KY showed up to reset the bosses, they simply left.

Most of these ppl were 9X+ including the 10x KD core, and Abominations event was still like 25 minutes away.

And this i just an example how carebear this server is. The huge guild with monstrous TW income would have ppl that doesnt afraid of anything, right? b:chuckle

Low population
    +
    Carebears unite in KD/KY 4 free money (KD carebear to the point they make KY look like an active PvP guild xD)
    +
    the few high lvl active "PvPers" all spread out in small factions/factionless
    =
    Pure Win server
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    she don't know u Q_Q i g2g real life calling

She actually knows, truth hurts though so she lied to you son.
    (\__/)
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I love Harshlands. But, during any event, the Zulus always come to crash it. Which at times **** me off terribly. Especially in the Dragon Temple, when people are honestly trying to have some fun... there's a group of Zulu's in front of the lady who hands out quests.

Yes, I know you can't go red in the Dragon Temple, and that's why most people do it, but is it really that fun to kill someone else's fun?
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A dead server is dead. This server's dead. Your polls suck now tbh, what a shame...
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    A dead server is dead. This server's dead. Your polls suck now tbh, what a shame...

lol You always spread around your love for HL, how sweet :D
    (\__/)
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010

Didnt you quit? And who told I make polls so ppl like u can like it? You should jus make like any other ppl that quit the game and stop posting on forums cuz your posts are unnecessary but it seems like u jus wont let it go doesnt it, what a shame...
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Didnt you quit? And who told I make polls so ppl like u can like it? You should jus make like any other ppl that quit the game and stop posting on forums cuz your posts are unnecessary but it seems like u jus wont let it go doesnt it, what a shame...

Yes, and you've made 7987430079 polls most which were pointless, so you're obviously wanting the public to criticize which I'm basically the public because everyone else sucks. Therefore, I say your polls are still trash. Just 'cause one quits a game, doesn't mean he has to stop posting on the forums. I'm here to stay, baby.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yesterday there there like 20+ KD doing World Bosses, i found them, and when mere ~8 Zulus + 6 KY showed up to reset the bosses, they simply left.

Most of these ppl were 9X+ including the 10x KD core, and Abominations event was still like 25 minutes away.

And this i just an example how carebear this server is. The huge guild with monstrous TW income would have ppl that doesnt afraid of anything, right? b:chuckle

Low population
    +
    Carebears unite in KD/KY 4 free money (KD carebear to the point they make KY look like an active PvP guild xD)
    +
    the few high lvl active "PvPers" all spread out in small factions/factionless
    =
    Pure Win server

who were the 8 Zulu that showed up. . i could name a few who alone could take on groups of 20+

the server pvp is absolutely fine, it's the select few that have spent a good chunk of money on this game that, even if they don't want to, tend to ruin the pvp on the server. I know many instances where groups of people are out pvp/pking each other for the fun of it, having a blast, when all of a sudden a lvl 100+ cash shopper comes into the picture.

I'm sorry you can say I'm QQing and complaining all you want, but end of the day, most people just cant compete. Team up you say? well most of the cash shoppers in this game tend to be friends and roll together. It's a sad truth. Deny it or not, it's the truth, and deep down everyone knows it.

Nobody is telling anyone what to do with their own money here, just saying, if you go through the forums, the people complaining are either low lvls pissed off at getting pked (get over it). Or very high lvled players, bored with the lack of action on the server.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    who were the 8 Zulu that showed up. . i could name a few who alone could take on groups of 20+

the server pvp is absolutely fine, it's the select few that have spent a good chunk of money on this game that, even if they don't want to, tend to ruin the pvp on the server. I know many instances where groups of people are out pvp/pking each other for the fun of it, having a blast, when all of a sudden a lvl 100+ cash shopper comes into the picture.

I'm sorry you can say I'm QQing and complaining all you want, but end of the day, most people just cant compete. Team up you say? well most of the cash shoppers in this game tend to be friends and roll together. It's a sad truth. Deny it or not, it's the truth, and deep down everyone knows it.

Nobody is telling anyone what to do with their own money here, just saying, if you go through the forums, the people complaining are either low lvls pissed off at getting pked (get over it). Or very high lvled players, bored with the lack of action on the server.

Well made point, I have to agree with you.
    edited February 2010

Hahaha now all the CSer and in Zulu? that is like QQing about ppl in KD having too much gears because of the TW money, yet you don't see them in PvP.

P.S: Zulu crashing event is a way to get ppl to fight back. its a god freaking PvP server, not hard to outnumber the Zulus that actually show up for anything.
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All these people Crying about no pvp actions on this sever basically are, people spending too much time in FC, oracles or whatever PvEing to 100+, and people who quit this server caz they don't fit or whatever reason but still talking shiit about how bad pvp in HL is... .. to those people, ... if u quit, just quit.. stop talking shiit about the game u dont play anymore. I understand if u say U have no Hobby other than PWI.. in that case, try Playing Mario or something. back to basic..

But for those why still play pwi HL, I understand u all put a lot of time in this game, and some of u have spend $$$$$ . So why not make this server fun.
    Make new people aka fresh meat , come in here any play.. After all the time and $$$$$ U spend, its suck to play alone, or with small amount of people....?

my 10 cents
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha now all the CSer and in Zulu? that is like QQing about ppl in KD having too much gears because of the TW money, yet you don't see them in PvP.

P.S: Zulu crashing event is a way to get ppl to fight back. its a god freaking PvP server, not hard to outnumber the Zulus that actually show up for anything.

did I at any point say all the CSers were in Zulu b:puzzled

and I didn't complain about Zulu crashing an event. . had no idea there was an event. If you did that, good for you.

but I guess correct me if I am wrong here b:embarrass
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010

10 chars

He raged quit because he couldn't pk. even the 3x's were taking his 6x bm down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]