Did U READ Sin Description???

Comments

• RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SINS ARE NOT LIKE ARCHERS! the only thtings they have in common is they are dex build....which is directly related to the fact that they wear light armor...which is directely related to the fact that they are just as squishy as archers. sins are more like sac assualt BMs.

i have an 83 sin and an 88 archer. so please argue with me some more
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I do agree that other class should have a means of detecting stealth, is kinda annoying if a sin faces a barb finds out he can't win then takes barbs glory away by stealthing and running. Barb no means of seeing to finish the glory rant to get the kill! >.< Come to think of it i guess we are really annoying in that matter haha
    other classes do have a means to see sins. 1 you have to be a high enough lvl. this goes out the window after the sin is lvl 80 or so. 2 anyistealth pots DO exist, they are just hard to get. but ive had people use them on me so they are obviously not impossible to get. and 3 find a damn freind thats a sin to counter a sin. thats more then enough chances to see a sin. the whole class is biult on their ability to stealth, so taking that away by giving other classes "a means of detecting stealth" is like saying "there should be a way to stop clerics from healing themselves during fights"
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    other classes do have a means to see sins. 1 you have to be a high enough lvl. this goes out the window after the sin is lvl 80 or so. 2 anyistealth pots DO exist, they are just hard to get. but ive had people use them on me so they are obviously not impossible to get. and 3 find a damn freind thats a sin to counter a sin. thats more then enough chances to see a sin. the whole class is biult on their ability to stealth, so taking that away by giving other classes "a means of detecting stealth" is like saying "there should be a way to stop clerics from healing themselves during fights"

1. doesn't work if they be at the same level....so that be out the window.
    2. do not exist you mean...only works for assassins to see other assassins. (invis detection has to be higher apparently when the two be at the same level & cultivation.) and would be a waste of apoc pot cooldown.
    3. again your friend would have to be higher level then the sin.....with max for level stealth detection and hope that the other sin doesn't have maxed catlike tread.
    as for clerics healing during fights? stun/sleep/seal....take your pick.

now then...actual viable stealth detection please?
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blackmail - Raging Tide
    Blackmail - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the whole class is biult on their ability to stealth, so taking that away by giving other classes "a means of detecting stealth" is like saying "there should be a way to stop clerics from healing themselves during fights"

I completely agree. If you want to see a sin, let him hit you once. I'm sure there's a genie skill that can help you out with taking a hit (VERY sure, as a matter of fact, check your list).

To beat the same bush, I have to say, sins are NOT melee archers. As a matter of fact, any archer who doesn't see a sin coming has a 90% chance of being killed on the spot. Assuming they did see a sin coming, they'd have to run before they can fight (you know how telestun works...). And no, we are not like BMs with sac assault... we dont have enough stuns, nor do we dish 2x their damage (though we see more crits than a ***** sees di...dynamite).

However, there is one malfactor that has yet to be exploited in a sin vs archer match... I've never seen an archer throw up their plume barrier. Could it be they're stunned for too long? Maybe. But if I were an archer and I knew there was nowhere left to run, I'd use everything that reduces damage before I try to go balls out.

And if we truly are beyond epic at lv9x+, then we'll be OP when we get our demon. Not sage. Demon. You heard me.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    1. doesn't work if they be at the same level....so that be out the window.
    2. do not exist you mean...only works for assassins to see other assassins. (invis detection has to be higher apparently when the two be at the same level & cultivation.) and would be a waste of apoc pot cooldown.
    3. again your friend would have to be higher level then the sin.....with max for level stealth detection and hope that the other sin doesn't have maxed catlike tread.
    as for clerics healing during fights? stun/sleep/seal....take your pick.

now then...actual viable stealth detection please?
    b:beg

1 yeah we agree that one is almost useless
    2 ummm...yeah they do exist. you have to own the tide born land in order to make them. so if you dont i hope you know someone or are willing to buy them from someone that does own that land. and yeah it takes up your presion pot cooldowns...are we crying about that now?
    3 if the sin is a higher level he deserves to remained stealthed to the other sin. almost any sin over 80 will have all their stealths maxed making it "the higher sin can stealth from and see the lower sin" if that sin is 30 levels higher then you and your sin freind...well then hes just a ****** with no balls.

and as for your cleric thing. it works with sins too. when he shows himself stun/sleep/seal...take your pick.
  • sinez
    sinez Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, it all depends on how you play. the assassin has many abilities early on that work well for killing enemies quickly, particularly slipstream strike as a finisher. butthey are a lot like the archer in combat stile, but assassins can turn invisable for some time, and archers can fly for a while, same perpous only everyone can evetialy fly, so assassins are better for when you just need to, say, sneak past a agro over powered enemy. besides that i havent noticed any difference yet, but i havent played very long. it eventualy falls back to weather you want to go over or under that lake, (or as a human go around it) and since under watter enimeis are cool, why not go under?
    then again, i am still a bit of a noob.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    sinez wrote: »
    well, it all depends on how you play. the assassin has many abilities early on that work well for killing enemies quickly, particularly slipstream strike as a finisher. butthey are a lot like the archer in combat stile, but assassins can turn invisable for some time, and archers can fly for a while, same perpous only everyone can evetialy fly, so assassins are better for when you just need to, say, sneak past a agro over powered enemy. besides that i havent noticed any difference yet, but i havent played very long. it eventualy falls back to weather you want to go over or under that lake, (or as a human go around it) and since under watter enimeis are cool, why not go under?

i will not argue that
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sinez wrote: »

i totally got lost after the first sentence. yous engrish is just deteriorates and so is not eazy teh reads? or maybe i arez 2 nubs to undarstood eet b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No ur right StretchIt, his english got worse as the post went on I stopped reading in the middle cuz it got to a point that Sherlock Holmes couldn't decipher it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1 yeah we agree that one is almost useless
    2 ummm...yeah they do exist. you have to own the tide born land in order to make them. so if you dont i hope you know someone or are willing to buy them from someone that does own that land. and yeah it takes up your presion pot cooldowns...are we crying about that now?
    3 if the sin is a higher level he deserves to remained stealthed to the other sin. almost any sin over 80 will have all their stealths maxed making it "the higher sin can stealth from and see the lower sin" if that sin is 30 levels higher then you and your sin freind...well then hes just a ****** with no balls.

and as for your cleric thing. it works with sins too. when he shows himself stun/sleep/seal...take your pick.

this post just proved you have no clue how the stealth detect pots + your own stealth work. learn 2 play and come back. maybe then people will consider what you write but until then you'll remain under "noob" status.

hamsta, i want to duel you with my sin :)
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    this post just proved you have no clue how the stealth detect pots + your own stealth work. learn 2 play and come back. maybe then people will consider what you write but until then you'll remain under "noob" status.

hamsta, i want to duel you with my sin :)

b:shocked nuuu spare teh hammy, he makes me giggle with his creative posts b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    this Post Just Proved You Have No Clue How The Stealth Detect Pots + Your Own Stealth Work. Learn 2 Play And Come Back. Maybe Then People Will Consider What You Write But Until Then You'll Remain Under "noob" Status.

Hamsta, I Want To Duel You With My Sin :)

ive never actually had a stealth pot in my posession so i havent had the chance to read one. but i know you can only get them from owning a specific tide born land. and if youre the expert on these things why dont you tell me how they work so i can point out how wrong you are.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ive never actually had a stealth pot in my posession so i havent had the chance to read one. but i know you can only get them from owning a specific tide born land. and if youre the expert on these things why dont you tell me how they work so i can point out how wrong you are.

allrighty. city of raging tide lets you make them (owning the land).
    they give +20 levels to stealth detection.

a level 74 sin can have stealth and catlike tread at 10 giving him +30 to stealth. this number is added to your current level.

stealth detection is equal to your level + stealth detection pot + sharp observer.

if you're stealth detection level equals the stealth level of the sin you can see them.

that means a 74 sin with max skills has 104 stealth levels making him invisible to all non sins without the pots in game.

using the stealth detection pot you would still have to be level 84 or higher to see this sin.

another sin with max sharp observer and a pot can see another sin with max skills withing 20 levels of him.

the highest level anyone in game currently is is 102. an assassin of level 93 or higher can only be seen by another assassin, even with the stealth pot being used
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    allrighty. city of raging tide lets you make them (owning the land).
    they give +20 levels to stealth detection.

a level 74 sin can have stealth and catlike tread at 10 giving him +30 to stealth. this number is added to your current level.

stealth detection is equal to your level + stealthe detection pot + sharp observer.

if you're stealth detection level equals the stealth level of the sin you can see them.

that means a 74 sin with max skills has 104 stealth levels making him invisible to all non sins without the pots in game.

using the stealth detection pot you would still have to be level 84 or higher to see this sin.

another sin with max sharp observer and a pot can see another sin with max skills withing 10 levels of him.

the highest level anyone in game currently is is 102. an assassin of level 93 or higher can only be seen by another assassin, even with the stealth pot being used
    sweet. i knew everything except that the pot only gives you 20 lvls. good to know
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    doesn't maxed out sharp observer give you +30 awareness?
    meaning you could really be 6x and still see the 74 sin with the help of those pots? i'm just wondering, because i don't think my awareness is maxed b:surrender too poor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    meaning you could really be 6x and still see the 74 sin with the help of those pots? i'm just wondering, because i don't think my awareness is maxed b:surrender too poor

it really all depends on the stealth lvls and since you cant max them out at that low a lvl im not really sure. but assuming you could max them out...that would mean at lvl 60 you would have +30 with skills and +20 with pot so +50 all together bringing you to 110, and the 74 sin would stealth to lvl 104. so yeah...i guess you could
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited February 2010

you're right...i need to fix that
  • arrowmeetsface
    arrowmeetsface Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually i was thinking about this earlier. I think were counting the assassin out as a close-ranged archer, but when you think about it could never work. Archers are made to attack you but you not attack them, attack from afar. Assassins however are closed ranged. Maybe were thinking TOO much on dexterity when theres more at play here. From all the other games i've played the assassin like character has always been the hit-you-hard-once-don't-hit-me-back sort of character. Maybe a more strength based build is in order?

Lol hurray, someone gets why i made a str assassin, everyone seems to be stuck on " DEX = CRIT GET DEX NOT STR " b:laugh

Honestly, i tried both, i find str works MUCH better then dex, so shut up if u disagree cuz ill probly never be on forums again :O
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WTH is all this about.

Sins =/= archers. Not even close. If anything sin is similar to a BM using LA.

We get fast single target dmg, or second set up is huge AoE spike dmg.

BRB in a while imma shot videos.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    WTH is all this about.

THANK YOU! someone actually agrees with me
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Lol hurray, someone gets why i made a str assassin, everyone seems to be stuck on " DEX = CRIT GET DEX NOT STR " b:laugh

Honestly, i tried both, i find str works MUCH better then dex, so shut up if u disagree cuz ill probly never be on forums again :O

except str doesnt give you damage only dex does GG b:surrender

killermate's correct. we're single target high damage dealers with low survivability outside of stealth
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is what i do on daily basis with AoE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so_sHsh-DCU

Yet this ain't nuffin compared to our single target dmg.

Only issue i have is Air-PvP but i think the TT99 Dagger may help with the +2.0 range.
  • Boiar - Harshlands
    Boiar - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nice :)
    really nice dmg on video thats what we do

Sins need dex for daggers, archers need dex for ranged weapons SO they both wear light armor or do pathetic dmg(if you want HA just make bm or barb....)

Thats why most good players go for 4 dex 1 str build which is the best, 3 dex 1 str 1 vit will lead to really lower dmg (not to mention less accuracy, evasion and crit rate) b:bye

When it comes to armor sins are all like archers... light armor, dex build...
    When it comes to skills... well :D

Archers are ranged physical...
    Sins are mele physical...
    this leads to completely different strategies

sins are like archers in the same way that bms are like barbs b:shutup

ps
    any information in forums might be misleading trying to make you a fail i remember lvl 60 sin using 30 armor bc "the full dex sin build" was the best and he should put str only for his dagger

try everything and the most important HAVE FUN
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Only time Sins use normal attacks are in instances (PvE basically)

unless you want to waste mana feel free to then.. I have -interval armor just for DDing bosses
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WTH is all this about.

like fist bm only different aspect of skills, instead more speed, more rage dmg and crit.

archer got penalty in close range and slower attack but higher eq dmg and mattack skills what missing from melee skill tree's.
  • intricate
    intricate Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nice :)
    really nice dmg on video thats what we do

Sins need dex for daggers, archers need dex for ranged weapons SO they both wear light armor or do pathetic dmg(if you want HA just make bm or barb....)

Thats why most good players go for 4 dex 1 str build which is the best, 3 dex 1 str 1 vit will lead to really lower dmg (not to mention less accuracy, evasion and crit rate) b:bye

When it comes to armor sins are all like archers... light armor, dex build...
    When it comes to skills... well :D

Archers are ranged physical...
    Sins are mele physical...
    this leads to completely different strategies

sins are like archers in the same way that bms are like barbs b:shutup

ps
    any information in forums might be misleading trying to make you a fail i remember lvl 60 sin using 30 armor bc "the full dex sin build" was the best and he should put str only for his dagger

try everything and the most important HAVE FUN
    You may think a HA sin does weak dmg when in fact the dmg is close to a pure dex. I in fact made my sin (lvl 79) a HA sin and let me tell you, it kicks some butt. At lvl 77 I started grinding on lvl 82s and I could take on 3-4 at a time. All I had was cleric buffs (all maxed but regen buff is was at 8) and bloodpaint. Lets see a LA sin do that, I don't think so. NOTE: I am not charmed and do not use any other outsource healing such as genie or pots when grinding. Healing is SOLELY with Bloodpaint and Advanced Spark Eruption.

Sins are melee, and a melee class in LA is just not right. As of now my HA sin can tank just about anything I want, other than the rather hard bosses such as Pole in fb69 or someone of the sort.

The fact is that you CAN make a HA sin and it works just as good, if not better, than a LA sin. I'd rather lose 200-300 dmg on avg and a bit of crit % for being able to mass kill mobs 5 lvls higher than me. I don't see too many LA sins running around and mass killing mobs 5 lvls higher than themselves without a charm or pots.

Just think twice before you say that sins NEED something. No class NEEDS anything. It's not how you build them, it's how well you play them. Builds are what YOU make them, not what you think is alread laid out before.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    intricate wrote: »
    You may think a HA sin does weak dmg when in fact the dmg is close to a pure dex. I in fact made my sin (lvl 79) a HA sin and let me tell you, it kicks some butt. At lvl 77 I started grinding on lvl 82s and I could take on 3-4 at a time. All I had was cleric buffs (all maxed but regen buff is was at 8) and bloodpaint. Lets see a LA sin do that, I don't think so. NOTE: I am not charmed and do not use any other outsource healing such as genie or pots when grinding. Healing is SOLELY with Bloodpaint and Advanced Spark Eruption.

Sins are melee, and a melee class in LA is just not right. As of now my HA sin can tank just about anything I want, other than the rather hard bosses such as Pole in fb69 or someone of the sort.

The fact is that you CAN make a HA sin and it works just as good, if not better, than a LA sin. I'd rather lose 200-300 dmg on avg and a bit of crit % for being able to mass kill mobs 5 lvls higher than me. I don't see too many LA sins running around and mass killing mobs 5 lvls higher than themselves without a charm or pots.

Just think twice before you say that sins NEED something. No class NEEDS anything. It's not how you build them, it's how well you play them. Builds are what YOU make them, not what you think is alread laid out before.

lame. go make a BM. ive argued this to many times in different threads to repeat why youre so fail
  • intricate
    intricate Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    All I'm saying it that sins can be more than LA and not suck. BMs CAN be good, and I respect the class. But a sin and bm are far different and their builds reflect that. If you want any class can be any amour type and still maintain decent dmg. I just want people to know that sins are not restricted to LA only.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    intricate wrote: »
    All I'm saying it that sins can be more than LA and not suck. BMs CAN be good, and I respect the class. But a sin and bm are far different and their builds reflect that. If you want any class can be any amour type and still maintain decent dmg. I just want people to know that sins are not restricted to LA only.

yup only pvp sins are restricted to LA
  • Aquarey - Raging Tide
    Aquarey - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    [COLOR="Red" Did they smoke some leaves from the stupid tree? [/COLOR]

I lol'd at this Telarith..hard b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:victory