Stealth Run

Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
In an all assassin squad, it becomes possible to do a BH/FB without having to fight through an army of mobs.

~Requirements~

All sins in the squad must have Stealth level high enough to run straight to the boss.

At least one sin in the squad must have a Zeal to pull with.

All strategies to kill the boss must be thought out before hand.

You must be sure you have bought pots before you go in.

Cleric buffs before going in is recommended.

DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

DO NOT Proceed with a Stealth Run if you are not confident in the squads ability to take the boss down.

DO NOT Try to do a Stealth Run on a boss that can give out negative status such as: Poison, Bleed, Burns, etc, unless the squad is prepared with a means to purify without a cleric.

DO NOT Allow a sin to tank if his defense is not the best in the squad.(A sin that has a Guardian Charm is automatically the tank, within reason of course)

DO NOT Shadow Jump through Gates. This is unfair to venos.

DO NOT Pass Go

DO NOT Collect $200

~Pros~

Stealth Runs do not take as long as a normal run. There are no mobs to fight through other than adds around a boss.

Stealth Runs allow Assassins to get a BH done during these dark times when people often refuse to squad with Tideborn.

~Cons~

Heightened risk as there is no Barbarian or Cleric around to heal, purify, and tank.

On an FB, the tabber likely does not have a stealth level higher than the boss, so once the boss is attacked, there is no going back.

The mobs you stealthed through are still there. In a squad wipe, a cleric will have to fight through the dungeon alone in order to ressurect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there you go. I'll add more as I find out more.b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Tapion_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't mean to be rude,but there was a similar post long ago..do you mean 'stealth' run as shown in this vid...?me is confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uoj81bTLRk
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    No that is just an assassin aggroing everything in the cave to clear the way then using Shadow Escape to lose aggro(which isn't a bad idea o.0).

I'm talking about a squad of only assassins using Stealth Mode the whole way to the boss, pulling the adds then killing the boss. Not aggroing anything except adds and boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm you should atleast have one cleric,i dont think a full squad of assassins can kill the boss with surviving,because what if some other sin takes aggro from the "tank" it could end bad b:bye
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, I remember a time when you didn't have to kill what was needed to get through a door to a boss. I remember when a Venomancer could use the pet to get Qingzi to come through the door. I also remember that doing so is now a bannable offense.

If you honestly don't think PWI will make abusing Shadow Jump by jumping through gates, then I believe you are going to be mistaken. The easiest way to explain why is simple. What is to stop that same Assassin from luring a boss all the way back to the beginning without anyone having to fight any mobs or bosses in the FB areas?

Not only do I believe they will lock, or more likely delete this thread, I believe they will respond by saying it is bannable. My recommendation to everyone, don't do this. As it is BH is easy enough being high enough that any one person can solo most mobs in the FB, and FB runs themselves are easy because high levels help out with them.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    If jumping through gates and other solid walls was bannable, they wouldn't have made Shadow Jump capable of doing so in the first place. I doubt that it's bannable.

Even if using Shadow Jump to go through gates is bannable, you can still do Stealth Runs only coming out of stealth mode to kill the mob guarding the gate.

I made this thread because I know that due to certain people QQing the Tideborn are OP, and a few bad assassins have ruined squadding for almost all of us, I wanted to give sins a way to get their BHs done without having to get in a row with a bunch of haters.

And that's a good point Nymph, the other sins should avoid using skills. But I did a stealth run on trioc last night and it went quite well. Like I said, DO NOT Proceed unless you are confident in the squads ability to take down the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If jumping through gates and other solid walls was bannable, they wouldn't have made Shadow Jump capable of doing so in the first place. I doubt that it's bannable.

Even if using Shadow Jump to go through gates is bannable, you can still do Stealth Runs only coming out of stealth mode to kill the mob guarding the gate.

I made this thread because I know that due to certain people QQing the Tideborn are OP, and a few bad assassins have ruined squadding for almost all of us, I wanted to give sins a way to get their BHs done without having to get in a row with a bunch of haters.

And that's a good point Nymph, the other sins should avoid using skills. But I did a stealth run on trioc last night and it went quite well. Like I said, DO NOT Proceed unless you are confident in the squads ability to take down the boss.

People said the same about luring Qingzi with Venomancer's pet, but they made that bannable, and its able to be done. I agree that Shadow Jump shouldn't have been coded to be able to do this, but my guess is they probably didn't think to do it as such. So, as I said, this can be considered equivalent to the pet lure on Qingzi, in terms of using Shadow Jump to go through gates. As such, I can't imagine they won't make this bannable, lest they hear a major uproar in the Veno community.

And yes, you can still do those Stealth runs, however using only stealth runs, you have to still kill the mob guarding the gate. In the case of BH39, you have to kill Calcid to open the gate to Trioc. Really, no one needs to kill the mobs. I'm sure a level 105 could run through FB19 without touching a single mob, solo the boss, and never kill a single mob. However, the same can't be done to kill Trioc without killing Calcid.

You also need to remember this gives Assassins an unfair advantage over other classes. As you said, a team of only Assassins can run through and do this. A team of only Blademasters, or only Wizards, or only Clerics cannot do this.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Yes I see your point. It would make an uproar in the veno community. I'll edit to not tele thru the gates. That does seem unfair.

And yes it does give sins an unfair advantage in that sense. But normal squads are favorable to these all sin stealth runs. This is simply a way that sins can get this done while people are still refusing to squad with us, these refusals are hardly fair themselves. I'm sure your aware that people are discrimanating the tideborn and refusing to squad with us for bhs and fbs and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hi, find your thread very interesting cause i don't do bh from many days to not waste the whole day on the plataform in the centre of Archosaur looking for a barb or wrost a cleric (may need hours to find one and i can't play much anymore)

Now a question for higher lvl assassins: using expel genie skill, normal pots, tons of Apoch pots to gain +regen, absorb damage/become immune to damage and raise attack speed is it possible to solo the bh bosses? I prefer to farm herbs whit coordinates than look for a good party and this way the loot will be all mine...

Any opinion? Thank you
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In an all assassin squad, it becomes possible to do a BH/FB without having to fight through an army of mobs.

me stopped reading after the green text.
    epic charm waste. no purify = no way it'll work on BH69 and other places with debuffing bosses, etc etc

also Killermate already has a working video that shows how it can work with just one assassin.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Yes hamsta, it's all too obvious you stopped reading after that. As I have said, this is simply a way for sins to get the job done. Many people are refusing to squad with assassins due to moronic QQ, and a few bad assassins giving the rest of us bad names. In no way am I telling people to do this, I am merely presenting an option. Many assassins are having problems getting a squad, so I believe that if nothing else works we assassins must work together to get the job done.

That video from Killermate was quite good, but that is assuming an assassin can get other people to squad with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Me present to you, Teh Old Classes Stealth Run.
    Get rainbow squad,
    have barb run on ahead charmed and aggro every single mob.
    Everyone follows
    run all the way to the boss.
    have veno lure any door mobs and stuff.
    when at the boss, have the barb die.
    All mobs lose aggro.
    Cleric resses Barb
    Profit.
    b:chuckle

also um most (not all) be not exactly singling you guys out due to class....DDs always has teh a harder time getting into any BH run.
    b:surrender

although on bosses like wyvern and polearm....Light armor melee going to get hit hard lol.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    although on bosses like wyvern and polearm....Light armor melee going to get hit hard lol.
    Polearm can one-shot LA. Though if timed well, I imagine a full squad of assassins could use Knife Throw and genie skills to cancel the axe and the aoes, thus making it doable.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Me present to you, Teh Old Classes Stealth Run.
    Get rainbow squad,
    have barb run on ahead charmed and aggro every single mob.
    Everyone follows
    run all the way to the boss.
    have veno lure any door mobs and stuff.
    when at the boss, have the barb die.
    All mobs lose aggro.
    Cleric resses Barb
    Profit.

also um most (not all) be not exactly singling you guys out due to class....DDs always has teh a harder time getting into any BH run.

Again I say, assuming an assassin can get other people to squad with him/her.

I don't know how it may be on Lost City hamsta, but I've been turned down 10 times in one day with the reply "Tideborns are stupid" or "No Tideborns allowed". I brought up the subject with all my Tideborn freinds and they began to complain about the very same thing. And it's been mentioned a few times in the forums too.

And, the point of this thread was to present an option. You can use this option if you want or you can just find another way to get the BHs done. You can't deny that it could work if done correctly. Some BHs I know it won't work against. But really hamsta, you could've read my entire post before replying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well on that note, you can't lure the boss back through the dungeon again.

Cause to do that, you'd have to aggro it, and keep it aggroed. Meaning no stealth. And without stealth, the mobs you just skipped will **** you
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Sirrobert, I don't undertsand, at what point did anyone say you have to lure the boss back to the entrance? In a Stealth Run you use stealth to skip all the mobs, pull and kill the adds, then kill the boss. Where in there does it say you have to lure the boss back through the dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    well me wish you luck Tapion.
    although thinking about it, me think it be easier to get a squad then to come up with the money required for the charm, gear, competent assassins, etc to survive.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Tapion, lucky me people on Lost City are more nice (or maybe i simply was lucky) my problem is that i can't play a lot anymore and find a cleric on those days may take the whole day, so a bh run done in 8 minuts (like the video show) it's a God bless.

Don't know about pole, for sure will be a hard foe (well,fushma-rankar-wyvern are not so easy...), but maybe the apoch pots will help (some absob damage, raise defence and make u immune to damage, and i'm planning to use em all).

Any advice?
  • D/S - Heavens Tear20
    D/S - Heavens Tear20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    That sucks that you can't find a party, I say do what you need to do and if it works, then go for it. However, you will find it will be harder and harder to acomplish this as you progress through the BH levels. BH 39 for sure, possibly even BH 51 with a well equiped, charmed sin. BH 59 and above, not a chance that this will work in my opinion.

I don't have problems getting squads, so I haven't had to try though. People might wake up someday and realize that tb's are people too.
    edited February 2010
    ya teh main problem be the lack of barbs/clerics.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Tapion, lucky me people on Lost City are more nice (or maybe i simply was lucky) my problem is that i can't play a lot anymore and find a cleric on those days may take the whole day, so a bh run done in 8 minuts (like the video show) it's a God bless.

Don't know about pole, for sure will be a hard foe (well,fushma-rankar-wyvern are not so easy...), but maybe the apoch pots will help (some absob damage, raise defence and make u immune to damage, and i'm planning to use em all).

Any advice?
    If the boss can poison, bleed, or burn you, make sure you have something to counter it. I've found putting the boss to sleep/immobilize then scattering to recover your HP or cooldown a skill is a good strategy as well. Make sure you have Life powder or one of its higher level counterparts activated and cooled down before engaging the boss. ALWAYS cleric buff(if you can get a cleric to buff you) before beginning the run. Immune to damage will help a lot as well.

And yes D/S I'm counting on it. I don't have a lot of BH options, so I made one. Now I have a faction to help me of course, but some other sins arent so lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sirrobert, I don't undertsand, at what point did anyone say you have to lure the boss back to the entrance? In a Stealth Run you use stealth to skip all the mobs, pull and kill the adds, then kill the boss. Where in there does it say you have to lure the boss back through the dungeon.

A few posts earlyier I forgot to click quote :P
    Something about shadow port through doors being illigal cause you could than just lure the boss to the party at the entrance, abit like with veno;s

Anyway, I can imagine it maybe succesful on non debuffing bosses. Gratz to whoever can pull it offb:victory

EDIT: You can sleep a boss????
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You also need to remember this gives Assassins an unfair advantage over other classes. As you said, a team of only Assassins can run through and do this. A team of only Blademasters, or only Wizards, or only Clerics cannot do this.

Actually, a group of six anything could do it. Not the stealth part- but six of any class could easily do a BH or FB, even at minimum level.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Yeah you can make a boss sleep. The only problem is that sleep is interrupted by any external stimulus. EVERYONE in the squad has to stop attacking for the boss to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:bye this thread is just a waste of time lawl. i think it's easier finding a regular squad than finding 5 other assassins... ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Not on my server. I've found more assassins without squads than any other class. Could've done 50stealth runs in total without using the same assassin more than 3 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Um...
    You can't seal/stun a boss.
    You can't immobilize a boss.
    So I'll bet that you can't sleep one either.

Unless if you're talking about that fat guy near the mines or something :P
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Um...

b:chuckle sleep is a strange wonderous thing :P i kept getting owned by the giant balls in TT (yes, i arez nubs) and the cleric got tired of ressing me and slept them b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Um...

But my Tackling Slash worked on Hercule Trioc O.O?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]