Same-Sex Marriage/Embrace

Comments

• Nomnomvore - Heavens Tear
    Nomnomvore - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and yeah I agree with a few ppl about roleplaying...

If you don't understand what roleplaying is go look it up & get a clue.

You agreed to role play a scenario of ancient China when you entered the game. Deal with it.

Hmm pretty sure its not china in the game, its Perfect world, and Pan Gu didnt say anything banning **** marriage.
    "Be thou for the people"
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm pretty sure its not china in the game, its Perfect world, and Pan Gu didnt say anything banning **** marriage.

But he never said anything about allowing it. See what ever gets implemented into PWI has already been implemented in PW so anything that goes into PWI is in PW and since China does not welcome same sex marriage it will not be implemented into PW which means it will not be implemented into PWI.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    About private server: I'm developing another MMORPG anyways. Me and my Fiance are doing it. Still in design phase.

Anyways this whole topic comes down to one conclusion. The U.S. needs to invade china. I'll text Obama and tell him to get right on it.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Kaiowyn - Dreamweaver
    Kaiowyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is suposed to be international. Males and females should have equal rights and shold have access to any class. ie: female barbarians and male venos. and for that matter why cna't a female carry a male.

We're not in China anymoreToto.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We are not, but the developers who are the ones who would need to do such a change, are.

So yeah, sucks to be you.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    inb4lock... this hash been suggested too many timez.. plz uze thread filterz, and plus theze threadz alwayz end in flame/rage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    inb4lock... this hash been suggested too many timez.. plz uze thread filterz, and plus theze threadz alwayz end in flame/rage

I totally agree, however there are some idiots on here who think that bringing this up on a daily basis will change the way this game is. Bottom line: GM has given an official statement clearly stating that it is NOT going to happen, the devs aren't going to change their game to satisfy people who QQ about every little thing, and even if it did change, then those who QQ'ed about it will only find something else in the game that they don't like. Accept the game for the way it is or GTFO. It's that easy.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    apparently GMs are totally useless. all i've ever seen them do is close forums and put people down. 10 bucks says this hasn't even been suggested to Devs

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010
    GM's take care of us tyvm.... ish it adminz or gmz that are volunteerz? either way with out them the game wudnt be as suffice az it ish

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    GM's take care of us tyvm.... ish it adminz or gmz that are volunteerz? either way with out them the game wudnt be as suffice az it ish

I think GM's are paid employees of the company and Mods are specially selected players from the game. Of course, I could be wrong.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    if you're talking about in game moderators, they fail to. i've been stuck in so many places, not being able to do anything and asked for help. no one ever responds.

One time I was stuck and my guy was floating, couldn't use Town Portal to exit. Logging out didn't work. I had to use a tele stone. GM didn't do anything to help.

Only time I ever seen a GM pm me was when I was hurting someones feelings over WC and he told me to stop. Really?

GMs are absolutely pointless in this game. If you can't handle being insulted or cuss words, maybe you should uninstall your internet*sarcasm*. Back when online gaming was first coming out, that was 99% of the conversations online. Just a bunch of insults and your mom jokes. Now we have censorship to every other word and you can't insult anyone because it might hurt their feelings. what a load of ****

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary
    Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well i think that everyone should be able to enjoy the game, and some ppl have different preferences, i think same sex embraces would be funny, getting married, well as far as that goes, some female friends may want to get married for the quest not for love, and idk it doesn't seem fair one should have to be a guy just to get a boost of exp with a good or real life friend.

but meh what do i know, it's what it is unless u spam our WC more Technotic
    XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself at a dark forest, for the clear path was lost."
    ~Dante Canto I of 'The Divine Comedy'
  • Kaiowyn - Dreamweaver
    Kaiowyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Jennalicious is right. Although I would like to see more equal rights in the game it is a game and there will always be someone not happy. Guess I'll just have to suck it up because i still think this is a really great game. Now if I could only play it right.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    well i think that everyone should be able to enjoy the game, and some ppl have different preferences, i think same sex embraces would be funny, getting married, well as far as that goes, some female friends may want to get married for the quest not for love, and idk it doesn't seem fair one should have to be a guy just to get a boost of exp with a good or real life friend.

but meh what do i know, it's what it is unless u spam our WC more Technotic
    XD

I may just go to other servers, and destroy their WC to XD

We'll get this approved one way or another lol

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010
    seriously I'm waiting on a GM to come and cloze this thread cuzz all this iz ish QQ

• Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary
    Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well ok if PWI wont let same sex marriages how about something like a wedding quest, like getting married, but it's called friendship something or another, and i dont mean the shty friendship quest i mean like spouses but BFF or something or another.

it's an idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself at a dark forest, for the clear path was lost."
    ~Dante Canto I of 'The Divine Comedy'
  • JupiterVixen - Heavens Tear
    JupiterVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well ok if PWI wont let same sex marriages how about something like a wedding quest, like getting married, but it's called friendship something or another, and i dont mean the shty friendship quest i mean like spouses but BFF or something or another.

it's an idea

That would be cool
  • taintedwhite
    taintedwhite Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darthpanda16
    I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE, but to answer this thread and then close it, here is why it isn't going to change.

Game is made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.

The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes. A game shouldn't be changed just because a cultural or political shift in a different country wants it to be so. Please keep in mind China and the US operate different types of governments with their own laws.

Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it.

Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed.

TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons.

End of line...

Okay, well I have 3 things to say here. Keep in mind that I don't particularly care if it is implemented or not, I just feel the need to respond to other things that have been said.

1. In response to the above quote..................How is allowing this kind of marriage in any way similar to changing Mario into a yellow dinosaur?! It's not even vaguely comparable! You cannot possibly say that by allowing this, it will actually CHANGE the game as a whole.

2. I know that people feel strongly about it, but bringing the issue of morals up in an online game is superfluous. Violence (even virtual violence) is immoral to some people. Sadly, morality these days is seems freely optional, and every person has different morals.

3. Other people have said it, and they are right. This, is NOT China. You cannot tell me that the scripting cannot be changed either, because I don't believe it one bit. I have plenty of experience with MMORPG scripting and programming. Permission may be required, but even so, I can't see why China would not allow it. If they don't make profit from the International game, they shouldn't care what is done with it. If they do, then they should realize that implementing this type of marriage would indeed raise profits. Not to mention, the potential number of people who may quit because they CANNOT marry is higher than the very few who would actually quit because it was allowed.

Also, a little friendly advice: If you want this thread to stay open, people need to avoid making comments on morals and arguing with people on whether it's right or wrong. Keep your posts centered on facts and if you really want to get attention, keep making suggestions that essentially lead to the developers making profit.
  • Psyrose - Sanctuary
    Psyrose - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    apparently GMs are totally useless. all i've ever seen them do is close forums and put people down. 10 bucks says this hasn't even been suggested to Devs

Why not bet more? Don't you want more money b:chuckle

Anyway, if they can't make a same sex embrace at LEAST give us a "Piggy-back ride"/"Hitchhike" option. Sometimes friends just want to give other friends rides on their mounts. Nothing wrong with giving us more social interaction options.
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    why is everything depending on the culture of one country??
    what about million of people around it?
    ITS A INTERNATIONAL GAME AT ALL!b:angry
    so why not attend our wishes too? b:angry

for real a female/female marriage is just a way to gain some more money with a friend and not a question of love, they could then allow a friendship quest instead, thats equal to the marriage quest, and everyone would be happy
    edited February 2010
    yes this ish all true plz dun bring up anything about moralz... i'm surprized the GM's have let this stay open this long anywayz

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i too, really wish they would make same sex/marriage embrace

i <3 you Sniffles! b:dirty
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ladyamen wrote: »
    why is everything depending on the culture of one country??
    what about million of people around it?
    ITS A INTERNATIONAL GAME AT ALL!b:angry
    so why not attend our wishes too? b:angry

for real a female/female marriage is just a way to gain some more money with a friend and not a question of love, they could then allow a friendship quest instead, thats equal to the marriage quest, and everyone would be happy

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but here is a list of ALL the countries (and some states) in world that recognize same-sex marriage:
    Legal recognition of same-sex couples Same-sex marriage (EIGHT countries)
    Belgium
    Canada
    Netherlands
    Norway
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden
    Portugal
    Performed in some jurisdictions
    Mexico: DF*
    United States: CT, DC*, IA, MA, NH, VT, Coquille
    Recognized, not performed
    Aruba (Dutch only)
    Israel
    Netherlands Antilles (Dutch only)
    United States: CA (conditional), NY

Since the US State Department recognizes 194 countries in the world, and the UN has 192 member countries, the way this game is run actualy does represent the way the majority of the world sees same sex marriages.

As you can see, only 8 countries worldwide, recognize same sex marriage without any strings. In the US, only half a dozen states do so.

Not saying it is right or wrong, just saying your argument that this is an international game therefore it should support same sex marriages is not a good one.

If you notice, The Duke's announcement for marriage has been changed from "XY and YZ are now husband and wife" to "XY and YZ are now married, best wishes to the couple" (or something like that), so I would guess that PWE is taking steps to be able to cash in all the people that would like to do the marriage quest but can only find someone their own gender in-game.

With the current marriage quest though, I think PWE is loosing a massive amount of money by not letting same sex characters get married and do the quest, so I am sure they will find a way to capitalize on that sooner or later.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Succubii - Dreamweaver
    Succubii - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hey all! what i have to say is so what if the chinese guys dont want to? if they can update the system every week, they can do this! and i decided to raise attention to this so here is what i have done:
    i have made a petition group on facebook for this. here is the link to take you to it and dont forget to send invites to all of your friends...straight supporters are welcome b:victory

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=10150091508720537
  • RealtaScath - Dreamweaver
    RealtaScath - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd find it helpful if females could carry the men, really. I don't give a damn about the homosexuality fight going on here, but my boyfriend's character is a male human, and mine is a female winged elf who can fly for some distance. It would be nice for me to be able to carry him so he didn't have to dodge trees and buildings while following me.

They could at least code the embrace part for practical reasons.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. For one, I know alot of guys that are venos and would like to get married to their girlfriend but can't because their girlfriend is a female character :O

2. But mostly, I don't see why this isn't possible yet. It is a very easy script and could be easily written in less than a week. I could write it if you really want me to. It isn't that complicated.

3. Don't protest that its against the bible or whatever. If you don't like same-sex marriage or couples, you don't have to marry the same-sex or enter a **** relationship. But let everyone be treated equally.

4. I know people have wanted this for some time, I don't see why it hasn't been taken seriously.

5. Think of all the more money you guys would be making if anyone could marry anyone? b:laugh

Oh, it's not against the bible. It's against almost every religion out there. Even though men marrying, and women marrying, doesn't affect anyone other than the couples who are now happy they can marry, that doesn't stop people sticking their noses where they don't belong and saying it's not right. I'm sick of the prejudices and false reasonings and open hostility at something that isn't in full agreement with EVERYONE. But that won't change the fact that it happens. Until enough people come together and stand up for what's right, this stupidity will continue.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At the very least it would be nice to enable the embrace function for everyone. It sucks that only male toons can carry female toons. Since when does carrying someone need to be a moral issue? Let girls carry girls, guys carry guys, even girls carry guys. Make it a piggyback ride if you're that concerned about the kissing thing. This to me is more an issue of convenience than anything.

Must think of something, IF they somehow implement the girl carry boy thing, ...

Imagine a squishy cleric carrying a barb...how long will it take for topic to pop up with the name "this is soooo wrong, this really can't be"
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just want to say.
    YES lets have same gender marriage and embrace.

I for one is not going to marry anyone ingame before this is implemented and im sure many others feel like me.

Actualy when i first started playing PWI and found out there were this difference betwen **** and hetro i left the game.

Took me around 3 month to return.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Look, PWI is an MMORPG based on Old Asian (paticuraly Chinese) traditions and styles. Back in those times, you'd be executed for having a thought like that (I have nothing against homosexuals, I'm just stating historical facts here).

One last thing, this has been suggested a lot, and suggesting it more probably won't help, its already pretty clear that it won't be implemented. Not because its hard to program, but because for every person for it, there is probably someone against it.

Well, I'm sure that there weren't auction houses for giant surfboard swords or magical monster corpses that you could use to make green glowie weapons, either. This game is not very historically accurate, and it's irrational to use the excuses you described.

And this right here...

When has that fact ever stopped things from happening before? Every decision that's made, every change that happens, is going to have opposition. Just because some people don't like a certain change doesn't mean that it should be ignored.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not wanting to rain on your parade, but here is a list of ALL the countries (and some states) in world that recognize same-sex marriage:
    Legal recognition of same-sex couples Same-sex marriage (EIGHT countries)
    Belgium
    Canada
    Netherlands
    Norway
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden
    Portugal
    Performed in some jurisdictions
    Mexico: DF*
    United States: CT, DC*, IA, MA, NH, VT, Coquille
    Recognized, not performed
    Aruba (Dutch only)
    Israel
    Netherlands Antilles (Dutch only)
    United States: CA (conditional), NY

Since the US State Department recognizes 194 countries in the world, and the UN has 192 member countries, the way this game is run actualy does represent the way the majority of the world sees same sex marriages.

As you can see, only 8 countries worldwide, recognize same sex marriage without any strings. In the US, only half a dozen states do so.

Not saying it is right or wrong, just saying your argument that this is an international game therefore it should support same sex marriages is not a good one.

If you notice, The Duke's announcement for marriage has been changed from "XY and YZ are now husband and wife" to "XY and YZ are now married, best wishes to the couple" (or something like that), so I would guess that PWE is taking steps to be able to cash in all the people that would like to do the marriage quest but can only find someone their own gender in-game.

With the current marriage quest though, I think PWE is loosing a massive amount of money by not letting same sex characters get married and do the quest, so I am sure they will find a way to capitalize on that sooner or later.

I do not know where you have that list from but it is wrong.
    I know of at least 1 more country namely Denmark. Who were the worlds first country to legalise same sex marriage or partnership.
    If you could overlook that I'm pretty sure you are missing a lot more countries on the list.
This discussion has been closed.