Nerf TideBorn

124»

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    rikako wrote: »
    you have a skill that ports you to the **** of the world?? a skill that has 100+% more pdef and a skill that increases crit rate by 50% which is aoe and sometimes one hits people?!?! yea wiz must be superior to everyone, a counter aint allowed.

is there something wrong in your head?
    wizard distance shrink = 25 meters
    Both assassin teleports = 35 meters....
    and a skill that reduces 25% of all incoming damage even if it be magic attack?
    and a crit rate that can reach 80% (mayhaps more....) +? *cough power dash cough* combine that with chill of the deep (+30 attack level) and they could easily 1 shot people.....

sweet we have rikako agree that assassins should be nerfed.
    b:chuckle

o and they still have that broken two stealths....
    since there be no AoEs in this game...
    and no competent assassin will stand next to potential AoE targets...

seriously it's like saying assassins are automatically going to stand next to their own friendly squad mates in a TW and wait to get hit by a AoE....
    most likely they will be next to our sides wizards/clerics/archers etc...where we have no target to target....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its just ****ty funny how the most overpowerd job qqs over a job that might be a counter to them.

also its 25% chance, it might work or it doesnt.. for me it simply doesnt work that often as i would like to.
    power dash needs 2 sparks, if you see it, domain -> shrink, if they port again, immortal pot, fly = win?

they only have 2 skills that give free chi without hitting something, believe me or not, if you run with the stuff pwi provides you, its actually easily possible to out do sins
    edited February 2010
    its just ****ty funny how the most overpowerd job qqs over a job that might be a counter to them.

me don't really see any assassins QQ over how to counter themselves.
    b:sweat

and yes they can reach ~80% crit...
    Demon Archer with 1.05second/attack (rate: 1.05^-1) and 38% crit, 494 dex
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0289517337466899
    patk of 9562-13118

archers can reach 38% and since assassins also go pure dex, that means they can also reach 38% now with power dash that means assassins will reach 78% crit....OP much? with a 60% boost to their dagger damage through passive and 30% extra damage through chill of the deep....heck they can go around one shotting people and if they can't one shot they still have their various control skills to take a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc hit....

silly rikako go get actual numbers to back up your claims about how assassins are not overpowered then come back.

also its 25% chance, it might work or it doesnt.. for me it simply doesnt work that often as i would like to.
    power dash needs 2 sparks, if you see it, domain -> shrink, if they port again, immortal pot, fly = win?

me see your edit,
    Inner Harmony gains 2 full sparks back....
    your argument be null and void.
    please try again.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    lol sins counter themself, never seen a sin hitting more than 2k tbh.. and i been getting hit by everything.

easily 80% for 6 seconds not forever, and even 20% are enough to almost crit everytime, dont overrate that please.

man you even die to one beastial onslaught, must be overpowerd?

elayne taking 5k with beastial onslaught must be overpowerd also?

man sins hit a **** compared to that.. they have control skills so what? domain / pot & holy path nulifies that
    edited February 2010

1. Silly human you believe that me speak for all the wizard's class? or that tech speaks for all of the archer class? pift me just happen to be posting on me wizard...want me to make a level 1 barb alt and post with it?
    lol sins counter themself, never seen a sin hitting more than 2k tbh.. and i been getting hit by everything.

easily 80% for 6 seconds not forever, and even 20% are enough to almost crit everytime, dont overrate that please.

man you even die to one beastial onslaught, must be overpowerd?

elayne taking 5k with beastial onslaught must be overpowerd also?

man sins hit a **** compared to that.. they have control skills so what? domain / pot & holy path nulifies that

2. "never seen a sin hitting more than 2k tbh." you is not looking hard enough.....or you must be one heck of a lame assassin a level 44 assassin can hit about 2k.....
    3. 6 seconds of ownage damage + first strike + stun/seal/sleep (and no you can't really counter all of them and they will just wear out your genie stam/apot pot inventory....*me has played the assassin class in other games....me can easily annoy others even when there be mechanics that work against assassins.)
    4. Beastial onslaught....lol whut? barb skill that does only 100% weap damage + 2.8k? you do know that assassins have Rib Strike (100% weap + 3.9k damage and thats just one...they have like 4 others or something that does about that much or more.)
    5. genie skills won't really work since they can force stealth and come back 5 seconds later while your genie is on cooldown and eat you.

so....hows it like being a 4x fail assassin? either that or a horribly fail 5x+ assassin that gets out damaged by even 4x assassins?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    the oponent must be naked, i got hit for 1.4k on my 8x sin chill & rib.

also you know how low the dagger attack is right..? gx +10 has a load more than that and also have zerk.. hmm what hits more.. hm im curious.

5. genie skills won't really work since they can force stealth and come back 5 seconds later while your genie is on cooldown and eat you.

no, just no.. how can they come back when your already gone with holy path?

small edit: psychics are an awesome support against sins btw.
    edited February 2010
    the oponent must be naked, i got hit for 1.4k on my 8x sin chill & rib. lol whut?

also you know how low the dagger attack is right..? gx +10 has a load more than that and also have zerk.. hmm what hits more.. hm im curious.

no, just no.. how can they come back when your already gone with holy path? *cough 35 meter teleport stun cough*

small edit: psychics are an awesome support against sins btw.

do you even play PW at least this version? or do you play some odd version where tideborns have already been nerfed?
    here warsoul dagger and warsoul fist
    dagger does more damage.....
    and before you QQ about that be a high level weapon or something....
    the same result comes back for all levels....
    TT60 dagger
    and
    TT60 fists

zmog daggers do more damage then fists at all levels....which means dagger passive + self buffs such as chill of the deep/power dash/etc will leave fists in the dust...
    now fists bms can take down barbs end game within seconds....gasp here's a class that can do it even better....b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2010

The issue that alot of archers are having with sin isn't that we (those of us QQing, at least) consider them a 'counter.' They are not counters to archers, imho.

The reason im not thrilled about their crit % is because my crit % is what usually gets me into squads. Why take a archer (assuming you dont need sharpened for some boss or the RB) when you can take a sin with a crit% thats the same or, (thanks to the outrageous dex stats on armor), higher? That will deal the same if not more damage? And that can switch from a HHbow for long range to specialized daggers that NOBODY ELSE has access to for short range? Most archers can't use claws/fists above lvl70 thanks to the str needed. Its like some fist/claw archer came down with a horrid case of rabies....

Mebbe im just being paranoid, but I do feel they should lower the sins crit rate. Or at least raise older classes stats/ add more skills to make it more balanced.
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the genie skill alpha male an AOE attack that doesn't need to have a target, and has a 1 sec cooldown (i never had the skill i see it on ecotomb)? the skill is only really safe for barbs and BMs to use but still i think the other squishy classes could pull it off in a fight against sins. the OP seems to have problems adapting to new things. as far as i'm consecrned you don't even need to modify your genie that much cos chances are if your a pvper you alrealy have a stun debuff and a heal skill. now i have no clue what pvper would use that other skill slot for but considering there is a race that can sneak up on you, i would think that the good pvper would slap on the skill that could help counter the problem.

it's not like the sins can attack and go invisable non stop. those skill have cooltimes and for 6 whole seconds, the sin can be targeted, and considering how soft they are, can be beaten.

you can also use holy path to get the hell outta dodge

that is of course if your not one shoted, in which case you screwed lol
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just forget about posting here if you not support them who want tb nerfed . . . just make you tired. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MissUco - Sanctuary
    MissUco - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There is no winning in this argument, there is not even a fight... There is no argument at all. Techno is just a huge whinny moron that likes to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Worse, it seems like when he can't kill somebody just going pew pew and has to think a little ahead, it makes the game unbalanced. I find that pretty damn impressive. It's kind of like complaining because you keep losing against a professional chess player when you're a beginner and only bothered to learn the very basics.

From what I see and what happens in game, it seems you just don't like him and want to complain about everything he posts. All the other threads he's posted in, you've jumped to go against him.

I don't PvP, but if an Archer can't hit an assassin, I think that's too powerful. I've just been watching you two fight back and forth for a few pages and you haven't given anything worth reading.

And yes, it is a fight. When you argue with someone, you are fighting for your opinion. And it seems that his makes a lot more sense than yours. So in a way, he just won.

Most of your replies have been towards him and not the topic at hand. I think you're just obsessed with him.
    edited February 2010
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the genie skill alpha male an AOE attack that doesn't need to have a target, and has a 1 sec cooldown (i never had the skill i see it on ecotomb)? the skill is only really safe for barbs and BMs to use but still i think the other squishy classes could pull it off in a fight against sins. the OP seems to have problems adapting to new things. as far as i'm consecrned you don't even need to modify your genie that much cos chances are if your a pvper you alrealy have a stun debuff and a heal skill. now i have no clue what pvper would use that other skill slot for but considering there is a race that can sneak up on you, i would think that the good pvper would slap on the skill that could help counter the problem.

it's not like the sins can attack and go invisable non stop. those skill have cooltimes and for 6 whole seconds, the sin can be targeted, and considering how soft they are, can be beaten.

you can also use holy path to get the hell outta dodge

that is of course if your not one shoted, in which case you screwed lol

technically alpha male = self target so the required target be yourself.
    and why does a squishy class have to waste a genie skill slot on an aggro grabbing skill?
    and again holy path's counter = teleport stun. b:surrender
    also it has 120 energy cost which makes it non spammable.
    and they can still just teleport straight next to us anyway while invisible.
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    learn to fight something 100% invulnerable? incredible logic
    prolly was posted already but if thats the case why try another class? we'd only have TBs around and since most of us has a 9x chara, gearing and money funding won't be a prob. (MUAHAHAHA TIDEBORNS OVERRAN THE ENTIRE PWI POPULATION; AND ARE CURRENTLY RULING IT <- future news based on the quoted sentence)
    edited February 2010
    prolly was posted already but if thats the case why try another class? we'd only have TBs around and since most of us has a 9x chara, gearing and money funding won't be a prob. (MUAHAHAHA TIDEBORNS OVERRAN THE ENTIRE PWI POPULATION; AND ARE CURRENTLY RULING IT <- future news based on the quoted sentence)

OH NOES~
    me not sure about that....so far tideborns don't even take part in pvp battles most of them just stay in stealth right to squishies like me and wait for me to go pink. then it's either me die, me survive and keel them, or me survive and they force stealth...and try again later.
    o also here be random video
    ZMOG LUL WHAT TEH FRUIT DEMON BURGER (not really but funny or mayhaps it is O.o)~
    (he also can take down heavy armor BM/barbs) b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afdfsdf
    afdfsdf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok why are all the archers mainly complaining it was ok when they were owning every1 in pvp but now as soon as there not winning there having a cry i know tideborns are overpowered and should be nerfed but plz if u cant stand being beaten u probably shouldnt be playing PWI
  • afdfsdf
    afdfsdf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok i dont have a problem with archers but why all of sudden are they complaining it was ok when they were winning pvp but now that there losing Ive heard alot of complains for archers and seriosly they probs should be nerfed i got a phsycic and i think were to powerful aswell but if u cant stand being beaten u shouldnt be playing pwi and if u dont wanna quit create a sin or phy
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Tideborn race seem to consist of Jack of Trade type classes. Assassin is Jack of Trades in the physical sense, Psychic is Jack of Trades in the magical sense. It's a matter of figuring out how to fight with someone who's multi-talented rather then them being focuses on one thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Tideborn race seem to consist of Jack of Trade type classes. Assassin is Jack of Trades in the physical sense, Psychic is Jack of Trades in the magical sense. It's a matter of figuring out how to fight with someone who's multi-talented rather then them being focuses on one thing.

All classes have skills that do different things

Barbs = human form does good damage, even at endgame
    Venoes = specialize in melee attacks and can debuff a lot
    BMs = very versatile in all
    Wizards = can be healers
    Clerics = Can be DDs
    Archers = can absorb damage for winged shell

Tideborn might not be balanced because they steal arggo from BMs I suppose, but their damage from skills might need some nerfing to balance with arggo control. Making classes boosted up might kill PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Souls' and Soulforce related damage aren't physical. You need to get hit in order to trigger your Souls' effect yes, but the damage is neutral I think.

Also, your theory about stunlocking the Psy is very good, but you seem to forget Soul of Retaliation reflects effects. You can play around it of course, but it still gives the Psychic a little wider window to kill you. Metal attacks as an Archer won't get you far really, and the stunning arrow will stun you 100% of the time Retaliation is on. If not and it's Soul of Stunning, you get stunned either way whether you used a status-affecting attack or not.

The only way an Archer can beat down a Psychic is by playing with the range of his skills, I think. Because, yes, Psychic Will is really a ***** for Archers.

edit : I gotta say, as a Psychic myself, I aim for a quick battle. I can kill quickly, but I die just as fast. For me, the longer the fight lasts, the more likely I am to lose.

You would be wrong. Soulburn returns physical damage. Hence why classes with more P.def take less damage. It is not neutral damage if I can hit an arcane for 2k, and only do 600 on a HA class of the same level.

As for the OP. Quit QQing. If anything the sins need a bit of tweaking to balance them out. Psys are fine as is, and end up being pretty screwed 90+ as it is right now.
    Got fish?
  • Aoshi_ - Archosaur
    Aoshi_ - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ahhhh, QQbutthurtnerdrage. These threads amuse me.

I will now proceed to my personal experiences regarding the Zoras.
    1) Both sins and psys, are incredibly squishy.
    2) Sins have a very hard time against COMPETENT HA classes.
    3) Genies exist, as a sin who was MIA from PWI from the week before their release until the expansion came out, these take getting used to, but there are many counters to sins in these.
    4) You claim Psychics have a better heal then a cleric... I claim, that you obviously have never learned how the game works.
    5) A wizard has Undine. A Psychic does not.
    6) Archers seem to cry the most because they no longer are the defacto gank class.

My advice to you Technotic, roll a Tideborn and go PvP with it. Try it sometime, and watch as the people that learned to play roll your **** and slam your face into the dirt. I've fought plenty of people that know how to use anti stuns etc. against me in world PvP and I play a PvE server.

Sins =/= unbeatable by any means.
    Psys =/= OP, they are nice, but they are the squishiest class in the game (WTB 79 skill to do something psychic-like to incoming attacks :P j/k)
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    blah blah blah blah
    Nice necro of a month old thread bro.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i must agree with the topic creator: tideborns have to be nerfed for pvp

there's no more reason to make a wiz if u can do a psy

and talking bout sins, they will never be enough nerfed cause they are a full-stealth class

and stealth, as every good mmo player knows, ruin a game.

introducing a stealth class was the worst idea pwe devs ever had. i started playing pw just cause there were no stealth classes, and im not the only one that started playing here for this reason

stealth gives you the main advantage of choose to fight or not, and whats more it gives you always the first hit. thats an axiom of overpower. remove full-stealth or they will always be OP.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1.Fail troll is fail
    2.Perhaps you would like to elaborate on the down sides of TBs instead of being a narrow-minded,QQ-ing baby
    3.Mayb since they are so OP,why don't you roll one.Or do you already have one that u whoracled to 9x
    4.Genie skills,apoc pots,brains and perhaps charms sum up what to do in PvP
    5.Who said anything about spamming Genie skills
    6.If u find them too OP in PvP,try rolling a Cash-Shopper or quit the game and join PvE
    7.Would a Mod/GM/CM or someone move this to the Lower Depths already.Brain cells of those who ventured into this thread is diminishing due to the lack of thought OP has put in
  • AngryShadow - Sanctuary
    AngryShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I see no reason to nerf anything as i been stomped by plenty ppl as a Sin ... usually none of these ppl were N00BS ... theyres a way for each class to defend the incoming burst damage... if you know ur class and what ur doing u wont fail epically... i love it when barbs Stand up to mighty Swing me ...... its like they want me to kill them.... thats your only hint from me barbs .... stay your **** in tiger form where as you have 60% more resistance to PHYSICAL DAMAGE Oo by the way,,,, Sins DEAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE. Archers Wing antistun immune thingy sucks ... Veno Fox Form same thing as Barb Tiger form

STOP QQING AND LEARN HOW NOT TO BE A N00B

unfortunatly Archers are one of our prefferred tagets such as a Barb is a Wizards prefferred

deal with it

before theres been no real class that could match an archer well

your just QQing cause your not the only hard hitter anymore ... u wanna cry OP look at those Metal Nukes u get for Heavys u hit as hard as some wizards in elemental with that stuff
    we kill u BMs and Barbs its cause u got Full +50 HP shards in your armor and Elemental Neck and Belt. GET SOME PDEF... or use skills that have more PDEF Stone Barrier, Aura of the golden Bell Tiger Form the list goes on and on archers you got as much Evasion as we do + your buff
    we got no self help buff but the measly bloodpaint thats far more usable in PvE than PvP Eat that with your Crimson Fruit ORACLE N00B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beonin - Dreamweaver
    Beonin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQ more please!!!! people should learn to play their class and notice how well u do against them in PK and duels before u should say NERF TB's. Everyone has and advantage against another class but u also have an disadvantage against others. THAT is balance. If u play any other MMO ull see its the same so quit QQing and get over it its not going to change.