Nerf TideBorn

Options
Technotic - Sanctuary
Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I'm posting this in suggestions.

Psy killed the veno/cleric/wiz in elemental damage. Wiz = ALL ELEMENTAL ATTACKS! Psy is overpowered as hell. Psy has a more powerful thorns than veno, like... thats the only buff a veno has. And psy has an extremely powerful aoe heal which out-does the cleric. cleric = healer. there should be no question who is a better healer. I don't care about cooldown, if you're going to give psy a heal, make it weak such as the wizards heal. Not incredibly strong and takes forever to cast. Psy is overpowered. If you're going to complain about Psy cooldown time to heal, nerf it. Wiz heals at 35% of magic and +1000 at level 10. If psy is going to have aoe heal, it should be about 1/4 of Wiz. So Psy should heal MAX of 10% of magic and +250.

Assassin killed barb/bm/archer. I've seen assassins tank their own FBs from the amount of crit and damage they do, combined with the 2% vampire. BM is good for stuns especially in PK. Assassin has teleport stun... I don't care it cost a spark, my aim low cost spark and you can just tele faster than me and stun me out of it. Like its been said before, assassin = higher and more powerful crit than archer. Archers are the same as wizards in average damage, the only thing archers have going for them is the extremely high crit. Well way to go asssassins, you killed that to. Not to mention you're 100% invisible in duels. We can't even hit you. When you cloak, I think it should make you 85% invisible at level 10. Sage = 95% invisible, Demon = 90% invisible but 100% invisible for 2 seconds. That would be a good invisible move. At least we can still hit you. Time to nerf assassin, sry.
Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
Post edited by Technotic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Tideborn does not need to be nerfed. Learn to face em or ragequit.

/thread
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    learn to fight something 100% invulnerable? incredible logic

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    learn to fight something 100% invulnerable? incredible logic
    They aren't 100% invulnerable.

There's a simple answer to that buff of theirs, STOP TRYING TO ONESHOT THEM. Once I had that figured out, they became easy to beat :/
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2 problems.

1: In pk mode, they're invisible before they're even within sight.

2: I can't 1 shot them if THEY'RE INVISIBLE! You can't even hit them.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Pk near mobs, Aoe off mobs = assassin appears. Please think with your head and not play with your CC.

You may think TB are OP but there are people that already refuse to take TB to RB and other things, Nerf them and they would never be seen in a squad.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Don't nerf the Tideborn... Beef up the original races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You want us to find a mob to use to hit another person? Thats just stupid. Might as well give archer +1000 meter range and say, "hey hit me from over there". But lets take your "theory" into account. I run up to a mob, aoe and.... wait for cooldown. In meantime I can use barrage which cost 2 sparks and will kill mob instantly. >.>

Archers = super damage, thats how they win in PvP
    Wiz = super damage(elemental)
    Barb = super hp
    bm = super stun
    veno = super curse + pet
    cleric = super heal

now lets looks at tideborn

psy = super reflect/defence buff/damage buff/reduce damage/heal(weak)/super elemental damage

assassin = 100% invisible/vampire/2nd life(20% hp skill)/teleport/stun

Its totally balanced if you combine every race into 1. >.>

Don't nerf the Tideborn... Beef up the original races.

I wouldn't mind that too much. Sin will still be 100% invisible. But allow us to use Aoe without target. Better yet, add +10 meters and super speed to archers. I'll be happy with that.

You'd figure awareness level = focus kinda. Well archers have insane precision and are pretty focused about getting that hit. If you think about it, Archers or *High Dex* avatars, should be able to see assassins based on awareness.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now lets looks at tideborn

psy = super reflect/defence buff/damage buff/reduce damage/heal(weak)/super elemental damage

assassin = 100% invisible/vampire/2nd life(20% hp skill)/teleport/stun

For psychics..That defense buff gimps their attack so bad. The attack buff makes them the squishiest class ingame. Reduced damage? Venos can do that, Archers can do that, Barbs can do that, Clerics can do that. Psychics aoe heal is just an incentive to add them to the squad. If they didn't have that, then psychics is just another useless DD.

Assassins can stay 100% invisible okay.. so if one attacks you, then just use absolute domain or something to survive. Vampire buffs sins,bms and barbs. Its helpful. 2nd life (20% hp skill) Thats a perk to being a sin I guess. Every class has their perks that attract players to play it. Our teleports is just like a wizard using distance shrink or a blademaster using leaps. Its not that OP.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL @ Psychic out-healing a Cleric b:chuckle

FYI --> @ Level 10 the ONE heal a Psychic has =

Heal all friendly targets within 15 meters for
    30.0% of your base magic attack plus
    1000 over 15 seconds.

Not all that much....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Assassins can stay 100% invisible okay.. so if one attacks you, then just use absolute domain or something to survive. Vampire buffs sins,bms and barbs. Its helpful. 2nd life (20% hp skill) Thats a perk to being a sin I guess. Every class has their perks that attract players to play it. Our teleports is just like a wizard using distance shrink or a blademaster using leaps. Its not that OP.

I agree Psy isn't as OP as sin, but they're still annoying as hell when i'm hitting myself harder than the psy is hitting me because of reflect. Assassin has like... every perk in the game XD

Vampire doesn't do much in PvP, not enough to be effective. 2nd life is a hell of a perk and so is 100% invisible. We can't even hit you. Thats the problem.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not being able to hit the invisible sin might be a disadvantage to some classes, but thats also like having a barb in tiger form and being a class that can't solo a barb. Everyone will have something to say, Best thing I can say is make friends with a high level sin.

And assassin's weapons are horrible. Whoever designed them wanted assassins to be a tank. b:angry
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psy killed the veno/cleric/wiz in elemental damage.....
    cleric and mage was pure noob for not using sleep and silence skill
    Psy has a more powerful thorns than veno, like... thats the only buff a veno has.
    not agree with more powerful it just different way to work
    And psy has an extremely powerful aoe heal which out-does the cleric.
    you completely wrong ep heal is way more powerful.psy heal is like aoe ironhearth and cannot be spam it have 15 second effect on 30 second cooldown when ironhearth cleric have 3 second cooldown and ep heal stack
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    extremely powerful aoe heal for a one hit thing, that's obvious. i know it has a 30 second cooldown.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    extremely powerful aoe heal for a one hit thing, that's obvious. i know it has a 30 second cooldown.
    WHY do you think it's that powerful? Bolded makes it useless.
    Heal all friendly targets within 15 meters for
    30.0% of your base magic attack plus
    1000 over 15 seconds.

Cast time - 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown - 30 seconds
    Again ,bolded makes it useless. A good heal for soloing, at best.
    Heals squad members within 20 meters radius of you. Recovers HP equal
    to 1070 plus 20% of your base magic attack.

Cast time - 3.5 seconds
    Cooldown - 1 second
    Without a doubt, cleric AoE heal is far superior. It heals more HP INSTANTLY; the over time effect makes the psychic one far too slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its still stronger than the cleric heal. Thats what we were getting at here.

Besides that the sin is still 100% invisible and the psys reflect and damage is higher than veno and wiz.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Besides that the sin is still 100% invisible and the psys reflect and damage is higher than veno and wiz.

Where is this coming from? What are you using to determine "strong"? Because clerics outheal psychics. The End.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options

*Facepalm*

Stop QQing and let your thread die FFS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How do you not understand that? It is strong for a one time burst heal. How is that so complicated?

Back to assassin, we still can't hit them XD

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    using 1 time aoe heal wont save your **** using it mutiple time will save it

im agree sin that can go back sthealth when ever they want is op it should diminish if used too much time like

use it 1 time u are 120% invisible (it work like that currently)
    use it 2nd time your invisibility drop to 90% for next 8 seconds
    use it 3rd time your invisibility drop to 60% for next 8 seconds
    and so on
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LvL 1 = 35% invisible... .
    Lvl 10 = 85% invisible
    Sage = 95% invisible
    Demon = 100% invisible for 3 seconds, then 90% invisible.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • ilnsm
    ilnsm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm posting this in suggestions.

Psy killed the veno/cleric/wiz in elemental damage. Wiz = ALL ELEMENTAL ATTACKS! Psy is overpowered as hell. Psy has a more powerful thorns than veno, like... thats the only buff a veno has. And psy has an extremely powerful aoe heal which out-does the cleric. cleric = healer. there should be no question who is a better healer. I don't care about cooldown, if you're going to give psy a heal, make it weak such as the wizards heal. Not incredibly strong and takes forever to cast. Psy is overpowered. If you're going to complain about Psy cooldown time to heal, nerf it. Wiz heals at 35% of magic and +1000 at level 10. If psy is going to have aoe heal, it should be about 1/4 of Wiz. So Psy should heal MAX of 10% of magic and +250.

Assassin killed barb/bm/archer. I've seen assassins tank their own FBs from the amount of crit and damage they do, combined with the 2% vampire. BM is good for stuns especially in PK. Assassin has teleport stun... I don't care it cost a spark, my aim low cost spark and you can just tele faster than me and stun me out of it. Like its been said before, assassin = higher and more powerful crit than archer. Archers are the same as wizards in average damage, the only thing archers have going for them is the extremely high crit. Well way to go asssassins, you killed that to. Not to mention you're 100% invisible in duels. We can't even hit you. When you cloak, I think it should make you 85% invisible at level 10. Sage = 95% invisible, Demon = 90% invisible but 100% invisible for 2 seconds. That would be a good invisible move. At least we can still hit you. Time to nerf assassin, sry.

1st. wiz heal is NOT weak -.-
    2nd. you cant compare psy heal and cleric heal, try doing a hard boss with psy heal if you think its thatp ro
    3rd. assassins cant tank for **** >.>
    4th. if you got bullied in duel by sin dont have to QQ here -.-

honestly i still find wiz>veno>psy as mg dd class
    and archer>sin

only good thing sins have is stealth but if you know what you're doing that isnt a real problem -.-
    and ofc they can "ninja" kill you when you grind or w/e
    but think, who cant? mostly on DD vs DD pvp is usually the one who sneak atks the winner, get an archer throw down atk a wiz= u win
    get a wiz throw down atk an archer= u win again
    got it? lol
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Techno, shut the **** up.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LvL 1 = 35% invisible... .
    Lvl 10 = 85% invisible
    Sage = 95% invisible
    Demon = 100% invisible for 3 seconds, then 90% invisible.

I know .. all his post recently that has tb involved keep saying tideborn is op . . b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yay! Another Tideborn OP thread. I call these now Tideborn OPera threads.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ilnsm wrote: »
    1st. wiz heal is NOT weak -.-
    2nd. you cant compare psy heal and cleric heal, try doing a hard boss with psy heal if you think its thatp ro
    3rd. assassins cant tank for **** >.>
    4th. if you got bullied in duel by sin dont have to QQ here -.-

honestly i still find wiz>veno>psy as mg dd class
    and archer>sin

only good thing sins have is stealth but if you know what you're doing that isnt a real problem -.-
    and ofc they can "ninja" kill you when you grind or w/e
    but think, who cant? mostly on DD vs DD pvp is usually the one who sneak atks the winner, get an archer throw down atk a wiz= u win
    get a wiz throw down atk an archer= u win again
    got it? lol

Psy has higher DPS than Wiz, everyone knows that. Archer cannot hit an assassin when invisible AT ALL. How does that make any kind of balance? Next time you're in a duel, just don't attack someone, lets see how well you do.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psy has higher DPS than Wiz, everyone knows that. Archer cannot hit an assassin when invisible AT ALL. How does that make any kind of balance? Next time you're in a duel, just don't attack someone, lets see how well you do.

Psychics don't match the %weapon damage that Wizards have. The base damage of the Wizards' spells themselves are bigger. Psychics sure cast faster, but they're really glass-cannons. 90+ Wizards with Stone Barrier have like 8k physical defense. No Psychic will top that. Ever.

Unless they release some kind of sick supaskill that adds physical defense to Voodoos or something like that, but I doubt they will. Wouldn't make sense.

So yeah, maybe a 90+ Psychic can outdps a Wizard, but he certainly could not deal the same amount of damage before he gets killed. We will see once Psychics hit that level anyway.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wiz's dps increases with the amount of -channel you have. Psy have low channeling but long cast time, and nothing decreases cast time. Psy get barely any benefit from -channel how that better than wiz?

Also Psy rely on their phy damage immune skill alot when pvp and that cost a spark. To make it worse, or better, it doesn't make them immune to stun. This makes psy highly chi dependent.

About black/white voodo. If they are instant cast and 10sec cd like bm's marrow skill, that's something. But since they are not it's pure suicidal for any psy to use black voodo to kill someone. If they don't kill you, they'll be dead afterwards. If they use white voodo, they can't kill ****.

Wiz on the other hand have stone barrier and higher weapon damage %.

Psy reflect? Can't really do much. With low pdef you'll be dead before you can get much out of it. VS mag classes it's jutt charm burn. Give that stuff to a cat barb in TW. His mana will be run out so fast that unless he uses a mp charm he won't even be able to save his own **** with turtle. That stuff is not a good buff to have on you.

You make it sound like that Sin can stay invisible while killing you. Ranged classes always get to have the first hit and I don't see any melee complaining about that. Ranged classes always have an upper hand when pvping, so I don't see why it's imba to let just one melee class counter that.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psychics don't match the %weapon damage that Wizards have. The base damage of the Wizards' spells themselves are bigger. Psychics sure cast faster, but they're really glass-cannons. 90+ Wizards with Stone Barrier have like 8k physical defense. No Psychic will top that. Ever.

Unless they release some kind of sick supaskill that adds physical defense to Voodoos or something like that, but I doubt they will. Wouldn't make sense.

So yeah, maybe a 90+ Psychic can outdps a Wizard, but he certainly could not deal the same amount of damage before he gets killed. We will see once Psychics hit that level anyway.

you also need to remember, that in order for a psychic to deal physical damage they need to be struck, where as Clerics and Wizards, can do it with little effort, Aka Plume shot and Blade tempest, yes blade tempest requires spark, but its a physical attack they can fire off at will (willing they have the spark to consume), while soul of retaliation requires them to be struck. Also, it can be purged, unlike 2 sparks.

And yes a sin being able to turn invisible is annoying, but isnt something difficult to overcome, if you see an assassin cloak, run into a cluster of mobs, and or near an npc you can attack if in PK mode, and barrage, the assassin wont come near you and will be forced to either knife throw, or stun you, which then removes a big advantage from him, because he is now exposed and cant recloak for 90 seconds. And if he attempts to use Shadow Teleport, hes locked out on a very powerful stun for 3 minutes that only stuns you for 3 seconds. Also if the assassin is attempting to recloak use a genie skill that will seal/stun/interrupt or deal damage to them. While your stunned you can still use genie skills, you can stun them more effectively then they can stun you. Any inflicted damage onto them while attempting to cloak will send them out of cloak, as it takes them 3 seconds to cast their cloaking skill and be completely invisible.

If you think that Only venomancers can Purge positive status, your sadly mistaken on that as well, as everyone's genie has the potential to do this, so long as they have a longevity genie, admittingly its only a 10% chance, but its still a chance.

How to kill a psychic through Psychic will:

Removes any negative status from the target, and the target becomes immune to physical damage for 8.0 seconds.

should be a no brainer really... Stun them lock them up for 8 seconds Archers are able to do this with aim low, then pummel them with metal attacks and dots, if the psychic is still alive, kite and repeat, using stunning arrow. Yes you wont be killing them quickly with metal attacks, but, you can get through it if you're careful, Its just like a Wizard vs a bm, you need to think before you act.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • FoxyHarpy - Heavens Tear
    FoxyHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honey, STFU! I dare the sin to **** with my Nix......

I successfully whooped a sins **** with my lvl 89 archerand the sin was lvl 95 (Oracle Nub I spose) .

Psy's dare not mess with me......... My Nix wuvs some fish! ^^ (especially Psycho Fishiesb:bye)

Yush I had a Nix since lvl 3^^ My hubby got me one! ^^ me loves him!b:dirty
    and Techno pwease stfu this is like the second **** time you complained about the Tideborn here are some LOGICAL solutions (besides QQ)
    1. Be a Tideborn you stupid ****.
    2. Deal with it. I have bish
    3. Ragequit and the go watch fish pron you crazy fool b:thanks
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you also need to remember, that in order for a psychic to deal physical damage they need to be struck, where as Clerics and Wizards, can do it with little effort, Aka Plume shot and Blade tempest, yes blade tempest requires spark, but its a physical attack they can fire off at will (willing they have the spark to consume), while soul of retaliation requires them to be struck. Also, it can be purged, unlike 2 sparks.

And yes a sin being able to turn invisible is annoying, but isnt something difficult to overcome, if you see an assassin cloak, run into a cluster of mobs, and or near an npc you can attack if in PK mode, and barrage, the assassin wont come near you and will be forced to either knife throw, or stun you, which then removes a big advantage from him, because he is now exposed and cant recloak for 90 seconds. And if he attempts to use Shadow Teleport, hes locked out on a very powerful stun for 3 minutes that only stuns you for 3 seconds. Also if the assassin is attempting to recloak use a genie skill that will seal/stun/interrupt or deal damage to them. While your stunned you can still use genie skills, you can stun them more effectively then they can stun you. Any inflicted damage onto them while attempting to cloak will send them out of cloak, as it takes them 3 seconds to cast their cloaking skill and be completely invisible.

If you think that Only venomancers can Purge positive status, your sadly mistaken on that as well, as everyone's genie has the potential to do this, so long as they have a longevity genie, admittingly its only a 10% chance, but its still a chance.

How to kill a psychic through Psychic will:

Removes any negative status from the target, and the target becomes immune to physical damage for 8.0 seconds.

should be a no brainer really... Stun them lock them up for 8 seconds Archers are able to do this with aim low, then pummel them with metal attacks and dots, if the psychic is still alive, kite and repeat, using stunning arrow. Yes you wont be killing them quickly with metal attacks, but, you can get through it if you're careful, Its just like a Wizard vs a bm, you need to think before you act.

Souls' and Soulforce related damage aren't physical. You need to get hit in order to trigger your Souls' effect yes, but the damage is neutral I think.

Also, your theory about stunlocking the Psy is very good, but you seem to forget Soul of Retaliation reflects effects. You can play around it of course, but it still gives the Psychic a little wider window to kill you. Metal attacks as an Archer won't get you far really, and the stunning arrow will stun you 100% of the time Retaliation is on. If not and it's Soul of Stunning, you get stunned either way whether you used a status-affecting attack or not.

The only way an Archer can beat down a Psychic is by playing with the range of his skills, I think. Because, yes, Psychic Will is really a ***** for Archers.

edit : I gotta say, as a Psychic myself, I aim for a quick battle. I can kill quickly, but I die just as fast. For me, the longer the fight lasts, the more likely I am to lose.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric