I don't get it.

Athena - Raging Tide
Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
So I came to this server because I was tired of being an assassin stuck on a server with a bunch of blue names. So once I hit 30, I go on a killing spree. There are some definite differences between a pve server and a pvp server, and here's what I like: not many people QQ about it when I kill them. They just take it and go to town, or laugh about it.
Here's what I don't understand: the people who run, and the people who get pissed.

It's a pvp server. For the people who run, why? Why run from a sin you can see in stealth? That obviously means you're a higher level and you can kill me. Even if you couldn't see me in stealth, I'm freakin blood red. Fight back, and try to kill me, you'll go pink/purple/whateveryouwannacallit name for about a minute. No biggie. I'm the one who has a much bigger risk of losing something. I thought people who were blood red were even bigger targets on a pvp server. Instead, I find myself having to chase down a lot of people pissing their pants for some reason.

For those who get pissed... why? Again, it's a pvp server. Were you expecting not to get killed? What's even funnier is the people who think I'm like 30 levels above what I actually am. Someone got pissed at me thinking I was killing lowbies, when I was in fact, the same level as him. Someone even said Zulu now has a kos on me. Really? Kos on a level 31 sin, just because I decided to kill someone for ****s n giggles? Not like I care about being kosed... if I get killed, so be it. I'll just go to town and find some other area to troll. That's what I'm on a pvp server for. To kill and be killed. Not to be butthurt about being killed on a server when, as soon as you hit level 30, you're a target for anyone to kill whether you like it or not.

I don't know if these were questions, or a giant rant. Either way, I still don't understand what the big deal is.
Post edited by Athena - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    /endrant
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Either way, I still don't understand what the big deal is.

Big deal is you're QQ'ing about others QQ'ing about whatever the hell. (don't feel like reading much of it tbh)

Now I'm QQ'ing about you QQ'ing about others QQ'ing about whatever the hell.
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So I came to this server because I was tired of being an assassin stuck on a server with a bunch of blue names. So once I hit 30, I go on a killing spree. There are some definite differences between a pve server and a pvp server, and here's what I like: not many people QQ about it when I kill them. They just take it and go to town, or laugh about it.
    Here's what I don't understand: the people who run, and the people who get pissed.

It's a pvp server. For the people who run, why? Why run from a sin you can see in stealth? That obviously means you're a higher level and you can kill me. Even if you couldn't see me in stealth, I'm freakin blood red. Fight back, and try to kill me, you'll go pink/purple/whateveryouwannacallit name for about a minute. No biggie. I'm the one who has a much bigger risk of losing something. I thought people who were blood red were even bigger targets on a pvp server. Instead, I find myself having to chase down a lot of people pissing their pants for some reason.

For those who get pissed... why? Again, it's a pvp server. Were you expecting not to get killed? What's even funnier is the people who think I'm like 30 levels above what I actually am. Someone got pissed at me thinking I was killing lowbies, when I was in fact, the same level as him. Someone even said Zulu now has a kos on me. Really? Kos on a level 31 sin, just because I decided to kill someone for ****s n giggles? Not like I care about being kosed... if I get killed, so be it. I'll just go to town and find some other area to troll. That's what I'm on a pvp server for. To kill and be killed. Not to be butthurt about being killed on a server when, as soon as you hit level 30, you're a target for anyone to kill whether you like it or not.

I don't know if these were questions, or a giant rant. Either way, I still don't understand what the big deal is.

many people joined this server not knowing it was a pvp one.. some people are in their first server or mmorpg and didnt even know wat was pvp. those qqing are those ones...

On the other hand on the pve server u are people wont QQ because they have the choice.. to be red/white/blue... so if they are white or red its there choice enabling pk mode making it possible to pk and get pked...

cool story... tired to explain more to u something as simple as thatb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentReaper - Harshlands
    SilentReaper - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Big deal is you're QQ'ing about others QQ'ing about whatever the hell. (don't feel like reading much of it tbh)

Now I'm QQ'ing about you QQ'ing about others QQ'ing about whatever the hell.

Now I'm gonna QQ about you QQing about me QQing about people QQing.
    It's a never ending cycle b:surrender
  • YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I chose this server Because I like the name -.-
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
    edited February 2010
    many people joined this server not knowing it was a pvp one.. some people are in their first server or mmorpg and didnt even know wat was pvp. those qqing are those ones...

Well hopefully I'll see less running away when I get to the higher levels and I'm able to kill people who stayed on the server knowing that this is a pvp server, and maybe I'll be shown some resistance.
    Only time will tell I guess.
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i chose this server cuz i like pie.
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Lowbies(referring to lvl 3x ppl) usually are ppl that hardly play the game and arent here for the pvp but more to chill, talk with friends and all, Im sure once u get to lvl50+ ppl will start killing u without u having to go after them. And who said u were Zulu's kos was sum lowbie that things Zulu is made of 200 players with red name and all lvl100 lol
    Now, expect QQers in every pvp server.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands is very harsh. Hi Athena.b:cute

*edit so I decided to read your whole rant cause I was bored.

People run because:
    they don't know how to pvp
    they think you're a big bad pker and a lot higher level
    they think they will turn red or drop gear when they're pink for a few seconds
    they're carebears like dark_fate
    60 / 250.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I felt the same way when I first started on this server. Some take getting rpked way too seriously. I guess you eventually stop caring about what they say or you stop rpking. But imo its not really worth all that rage. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
    edited February 2010
    Lowbies(referring to lvl 3x ppl) usually are ppl that hardly play the game and arent here for the pvp but more to chill, talk with friends and all, Im sure once u get to lvl50+ ppl will start killing u without u having to go after them. And who said u were Zulu's kos was sum lowbie that things Zulu is made of 200 players with red name and all lvl100 lol
    Now, expect QQers in every pvp server.

It was some lowbie, not in Zulu, telling me that they were gonna tell Zulu b:sweat

I have yet to be bothered by anyone from Zulu. Hell, I'd love to get killed by Nurfed. It'd make me feel a bit special.
    Harshlands is very harsh. Hi Athena.

*edit so I decided to read your whole rant cause I was bored.

People run because:
    they don't know how to pvp
    they think you're a big bad pker and a lot higher level
    they think they will turn red or drop gear when they're pink for a few seconds
    they're carebears like dark_fate

lol
    You quit RT too, right? b:avoid
    I felt the same way when I first started on this server. Some take getting rpked way too seriously. I guess you eventually stop caring about what they say or you stop rpking. But imo its not really worth all that rage. =/

I already don't care, just wondering why people take it so seriously b:surrender
    But it's not gonna stop me from rpking b:sin
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Hi Vivi. Will I be allowed to go street-rat crazy on my wedding too?b:cute
    On the other hand on the pve server u are people wont QQ because they have the choice.. to be red/white/blue... so if they are white or red its there choice enabling pk mode making it possible to pk and get pked...

Funny thing is that people QQ more on PvE servers.b:sweat

I don't get it either, the button warns you three times that 'if you turn PK mode on then anyone over level 30 with PK mode on will be able to attack you'. I never really understood it myself but it was fun running around from level 30-40 with a white name.b:laugh
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hi Vivi. Will I be allowed to go street-rat crazy on my wedding too?b:cute

Funny thing is that people QQ more on PvE servers.b:sweat

I don't get it either, the button warns you three times that 'if you turn PK mode on then anyone over level 30 with PK mode on will be able to attack you'. I never really understood it myself but it was fun running around from level 30-40 with a white name.b:laugh

They usually not Q.Q over a PK, well that what i know from reading WC.
    But more like a fight on fail squad, KS, drop thief, and another random thing b:chuckle that later goes to WC fight.
    . . . MoonUsagi :" teles at 555 555 for 20k, hurry before you lost the fight ". . . <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They usually not Q.Q over a PK, well that what i know from reading WC.
    But more like a fight on fail squad, KS, drop thief, and another random thing b:chuckle that later goes to WC.

Um, are you talking about getting PKed on a PvE server or a PvP server?

On PvE servers I've had more people ***** at me for killing them than I've had on PvP servers (and I've killed at least 50 times more people on PvP servers as I have on PvE). That's what confuses me, why turn on PK mode if you're just going to QQ whenever someone kills you? On a PvP server I can at least somewhat understand it if they didn't know what PvP and PvE were but when the button to turn on PK mode gives youthree warnings about what will happen if you turn it on then there's no excuse for QQing.

I'm not really talking about WC drama though. It's mostly just angry PMs and letters in the mail that I get.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    come to lost city
    me need more lowbies to test out damage on
    b:surrender
    and try out a few survival tactics while wearing no gear.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    come to lost city
    me need more lowbies to test out damage on
    and try out a few survival tactics while wearing no gear.

I wanted to come to LC originally, because I heard HL was kind of empty. But I chose HL because my ping here is 5-15, while on LC it's like 250ish b:surrender
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I wanted to come to LC originally, because I heard HL was kind of empty. But I chose HL because my ping here is 5-15, while on LC it's like 250ish b:surrender

HL is not empty anymore tbh, LC has more ppl but HL now is far from being empty. Expansion came with a massive amount of players.b:victory
    edited February 2010
    HL is not empty anymore tbh, LC has more ppl but HL now is far from being empty. Expansion came with a massive amount of players.b:victory

:o
    Sweet.
    Guess I'll have a bit more fun than I thought b:laugh
  • Google - Raging Tide
    Google - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello my name is Rhyme and i was a carebear on two servers at one point.

Just like Bloop.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Your posts are **** weird.. You either QQ about empty server and no **** **** wannabe pvp or u tell people the server is not empty and its freaking sweet to play in. Make up ur mind..
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Your posts are **** weird.. You either QQ about empty server and no **** **** wannabe pvp or u tell people the server is not empty and its freaking sweet to play in. Make up ur mind..

I dont remember QQing about empty server or no **** **** wannabe pvp o,0
    I remember that alot of ppl used to say the server was empty and it was indeed empty comparing to other servers before the expansion thats y I say its not empty anymore. HL in population got pretty big in the last 2 months and Im sure most ppl noticed that.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nah, it's still empty. Same old high levels with terrible drama and no pvp.
  • Exodus - Harshlands
    Exodus - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Uhm...
    b:bye

I'm an AA Wiz, if I see a Sin coming for me, I'm gonna run.

Want to know why?

Because more than likely said Sin will have dolls on himself, and in the event I do kill the Sin (in my dreams right?), I won't be getting anything, besides the glory.

However if I let the Sin kill me, then I lose a doll (145k), so...

Ofc, I'm going to run.

Pissed off people, I don't get though.

"WOW YOU ARSEHORE U SUCK U JERK GO GET A GF"
    ^ If I had a quarter for everytime I read something along the lines of this I could buy the item mall out
    edited February 2010
    and in the event I do kill the Sin (in my dreams right?)

Do you realize how squishy Sins are? >.>

Also, good luck running if a sin your level comes around. They'll **** you with stuns and freezes, by which time you would probably already be dead before you could even attempt to run away. I would honestly just fight back if I were you, sins do a lot of damage, but they also take a lot of damage. Kind of like wizards xD
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Do you realize how squishy Sins are? >.>

Also, good luck running if a sin your level comes around. They'll **** you with stuns and freezes, by which time you would probably already be dead before you could even attempt to run away. I would honestly just fight back if I were you, sins do a lot of damage, but they also take a lot of damage. Kind of like wizards xD

Sins **** wizards, but a sin out of stealth mode gets ***** too. b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Harshlands population is comparable to Lost City now, if you take the basis of a census as the # of catshops in arch, the amount of gold being sold/bought in auction, and the # of daily posts in forums.

The odd thing is I have logged into lost city 7 times over the past weekend at different points in time and could not find anyone pvp'ing b:surrender

pvp is a problem on both servers, because

1. It sucks to die.

2. It sucks to burn your charm for no reason

3. pvp with safe zones near = lots of waiting around

4. pvp without safe zones near = lots of flying back to the battle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited February 2010

My point precisely :P
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2010

sins and wizards are squishy to my barb, ijs lol b:cute
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye