edited February 2010
    what an obvious alt.b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

just dont care...
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    okay, so today i spam for about 45 minutes to finally get a full squad for a full bh run, 2 sin's 1 bm, 1 cleric, and 2 archers

Why not WC and maybe you should consider that a bad squad choice.

first thing bm says "sin cant you tank? you strong" sin says no and i say just out of spite mind you "i could probably do a better job then the sin" cuz i did have better gear then the sin they asked, so the bm says "ok you tank then cuz i cant"

You didnt leave squad there and then because....?

like wth? it was fine, i didn't care about tanking fushma or wyvern, but theres no way i could tank rankers, so i tank fushma..yay for 5 charm tics and 13 potions wasted cuz cleric decided not to do BB until a few seconds after i pull fushma away from 2 mobs, and a safe place away from walkers.

Dont blame it on the cleric, BB should never be needed in FB51 instance and certainly not for fushma, the fact that you waited so long to get a squad you ended up with a useless BM and no barb which would help alot considering you have 2 archers in the squad is not down to the cleric.

This was as far as i got as i couldn't handle anymore.
    i'm use to going on squads were most to all players have molded weapons and other items

Molded equipment doesn't make you a better player, ive been in squad with people with full gold TT +7 and they have been useless and then ive been in squads where people have had TT gear unrefined and beaut shards and they have been awesome.
    every class CAN possibly tank, however, it is MOST commonly seen, Barb/Veno is first picked for tanks then the other classes for tanks.

I disagree with you there are a good amount of bosses veno's simple cant tank such as certain FF bosses or other bosses with debuffs, id say the most common tanks were barb/bm and then veno depending on the gear of the certain player so that even if they turned out to be useless i can atleast keep them alive long enough to get the job done.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what an obvious alt.b:laugh

b:shutup
    not an alt...
    just dont care...

b:cute
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On one hand...I'm inclined to point and laugh for not booting half of them or just dropping squad through all that. **** much? b:laugh

On the other hand...some bloody fine work there, putting up with all that and NOT taking the easy way out and ditching them. b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bunch of complete bull****, childish assumptions and immature name calling.

Assuming I don't know what I'm talking about because supposedly archers can't keep aggro on melee bosses: Fail. Smart people will wait for you to build aggro just like they wait for a BM to build aggro. Also if you have a good set of claws and fists it's not hard to build the hate up and keep aggro. Or at least, I've never had a problem. Where did you go wrong?

I do have a Broadland bow actually. +5 with one garnet gem in it, soon to be +6 and hopefully, eventually, with two garnet gems. I would also offer my screenshots to you as proof, but clearly you are so godly you cannot be wrong, so why the hell would I waste my time? You don't even know what you're talking about. I love my Broadland bow and am happy with it - think what you want.

You must squad with either very paranoid or very foolish people. The number of times I have offered to tank a BH59 and been met with "Go ahead sure!" is unreal. If you can successfully tank something safely, barbs won't complain because it's less repair bill for them, most wizards I know like to go as near to all out as possible with an archer tank, etc. etc. I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad reception when suggesting you tank, but I have never been talked down to or denied the chance to tank if I suggest that I can. Maybe they don't trust you as a tank... because you can't do it properly?

Oh, and for your information, I will admit that I'm HP charmed most of the time, but this is regularly for the purpose of RB Gamma. However, when tanking, I can happily tank away with the a few IHs. No BB is ever need, clerics still have time to get their own attacks in here and there like with normal tanks, generally a fun sort of thing.

Oh, and no, I'm not a vit archer by the way. Without any gear on, I have 3 vit, and I do just fine. With gear I have around... meh, maybe about 24 vit or so. Suits me perfectly.
    Oh, and yes, my gear is sharded, but there's no problem with that. People who don't shard their gear at 85 are either extremely stupid, extremely confident, extremely rich and are about to hit 90 tomorrow with all new gear, or all three.

You really aren't worth my time.

I type better than you do, and form coherent sentences. I do not make ridiculous assumptions about the other person short of calling your stupidity out on the forums and, again save for calling you stupid for your own trash talk about archer tanks, I didn't call you any names.

Have a good day, hun. It's not hard to see why you are getting fail squads, with an attitude like yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Have a good day, hun. It's not hard to see why you are getting fail squads, with an attitude like yours.

Absolutely spot on, i agree 100% except for the hun part b:chuckle.

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Firstly good job on helping out the squad even after all that and I guess the mold shouldve gone to you...but hey **** happens and all one can do is, move on.

On the side topic of archer tanking, I usually prefer the barb/bm to tank compared to me since its just that much more simpler. Also reading through your responses, I dont understand if youre trying to say archers cant tank below 89 or youre the only archer who can tank cos youve shifted youre opinion on it a little too much.

I usually dont let a cleric tank a boss since it'll be a little extra work for them to heal themselves and DD in order to keep aggro. Theyre good magic tanks but only if theyre gonna do the boss solo.
    edited February 2010
    haha you're funny, it's pretty obvious that you are lying, because an archer wouldnt beable to hold agrro against melee bosses, only long distance ones, and even still it's risky unless they have mold weapons and mold rings, plus a damn high crit rate.

talk all the trash you want, because the only way you were tanking anything is if you had a way higher cleric that had BB the entire time you've been tanking, plus charms and potions, even then, it's second rate tanking, i can tank without a clerics BB.

you should just give up, because all you're doing is sounding like an idiot.

want to know why? 90% of the time, heck, even 95% of the time, NO ONE will stay in party if an archer says "oh i tank boss yeee" because when people ask for tank, its Veno/Bm/Barb, and depending on the boss, sometimes wizards.

wasting chi on sparks, below level 89 is useless if you're trying to be an archer tank, spit out the AoE or spam shield to reduce damage even more, you're sounding like a pure vita archer, don't get thinking you're all that, considering you never bothered to ask the most important question, what build is my archer? Pure Dex, meaning i barely have any str, barely any vita, and absolutely no mag, 100% DD archer, i have enough str to only wear the items i need, and enough vita to live.

again you said i fail at archer, without asking my build, just proves are much of a fail player you are.

ontop of that, i don't put citrines in my armour below level 69, i made an exception with my crystalize helm, only cuz i'm using it til level 70, when i can wear my warsoul of earth helm.

i'm completely ungem'ed which makes another huge difference, though i could put flawless in all my gear just for the like 300 hp boost, no point, rather same them and make imcom citrines for my warsoul helm and tt99 gold set.

as a level 85 "godly" archer, you must have the same bow i do for 85, a perfect stat made broadland bow, with 2 sockets and at least +6 having 2 immacs in it right? or but ull go on and say you have +10 or higher i bet and never show the proof.

the only fail archer here is you, i do my trade properly, i never said archers cant tank, i said they dont OFTEN tank unless they are at least demon or sage, to prevent party wipe from happening, its called thinking of the squads safety and not ur ego saying u can tank everything, i knew i could tank fushma, so i did, EASILY, only using aoe, because its all i needed against a weak boss like fushma and wyvern

Just one question, have you actually paid any attention to your class while you been leveling it or do you just do dailies on it and nothing else as im pretty sure an archer with a brain would disagree with pretty much everything you said, ijs.

EDIT: I meant to say ALL people with a brain, i apologise.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sweat

it's not that archers can't tank melee bosses, it's not that the squadmates can't let the archer build up aggro.

it's that it's terrible DPS at melee range. archers make bad tanks at melee range period. i don't care if you have fists, you also don't have the -interval gear before 9x to make great use of it, you also don't have triple spark to help heal yourself or make up for the lack of stats in strength. TBH i don't think fist bms are that great before 9x either. archer tanking at melee range is less than ideal at any level, especially before triple spark.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    speaking in class wise it's obviously listed as such

Barbs = Tanks
    Venos = Tank+DD
    Cleric = Healer+DD and sometimes Tanks
    Archers = DD and can be tanks
    Wizars = DD+tank+healer
    BM = DD+Tank

every class CAN possibly tank, however, it is MOST commonly seen, Barb/Veno is first picked for tanks then the other classes for tanks.

i agree Archers can be tanks, but only to a certain degree.

this isn't about if archers can or cannot be tanks, everyone knows THEY CAN BE, however, so can clerics, wizards, psys, and sins, so is it okay to push tanking on the them all the time? why even bother inviting barbs anymore then if archers are aparently the new tank for them? cuz they arent.
    you forgot something..

Psychic= tank+dd+heal (yes, I DO tank, all the time)
    Assassin=tank+dd

if there's no barb, an assassin makes the BEST second choice, because of their attack speed, bleed and sleep skills
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear
    Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bunch of bs.

hmm nice..more bragging about tanking 59 at level 85..who can't do that at that level? wtg for being a more fail then usual.

and considering you pretty much said ur bow is fail bow, with 1 socket, and not perfect, thanks, you're super fail, so you're entire arguement is entirely based on you being 85 tanking level 59bh bosses....stfu okay?

Quilue, awesome points, i was just about to post the fist stuff that you listed, ontop of that, i guess she missed the fact that im pure dex...you need at least 140 str to wear DECENT claws with an archer, due to the fact you have no skills to boost the damage of them.

Hunter_PT, i've done every quest, im not an oracle dailie spammer, tyvm, i know my class, i know what to expect from a PURE DEX archer, and stfu okay? i've seen venos tank just fine for FF, its TT bosses that venos cant always tank...ty for failing.

Elviron, i'm not saying archers cant tank, i'm saying, its more commonly requested that barbs tank, i've see venos with hercs be requested for FF more then BM's lately tbh.

Psytrac, i haven't personally seen any psys or sins do a good job tanking, and since they are new, i left them out, i know they make good DD's i didnt know their full side jobs yet.
    Once a legend, always a legend.
    Your best is my worse.
    Your skills are unfounded.
    Read it and obey, Chuck Norris approves of my skills.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Psytrac, i haven't personally seen any psys or sins do a good job tanking, and since they are new, i left them out, i know they make good DD's i didnt know their full side jobs yet.
    I tank 39 herc and farren quite easily atm (which is my BH mind you), and my sin has done a better job so far at tanking then barbs I've seen sometimes. (the very fact that at even level I took agro and held it from a barb at even level says alot)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited February 2010
    Hunter_PT, i've done every quest, im not an oracle dailie spammer, tyvm, i know my class, i know what to expect from a PURE DEX archer, and stfu okay? i've seen venos tank just fine for FF, its TT bosses that venos cant always tank...ty for failing.

Have you actually done a FF? Veno's cant tank all bosses at all 1 boss i forget his name has a debuff which means the veno cant heal more than the pet is losing health. If you knew your class half the sh*t you came out with wouldn't be there so obviously you must either stupid or incredibly slow to not know more about your class and take in what people have said to be true and not BS. Me stfu? Last time i checked it was you running your mouth and looking like a complete idiot, look around this thread reno people are laughing at you and the sh*t coming out your mouth. As for me being fail, im not even going to go there after what you have said in this thread alone. I will give you one piece of friendly advice though, remake an archer and level it and pay more attention to your class or ask some off the good archers around about the class and see if you pick up a few things from there, i just pray you never get far enough to ever be in one of squads.

edited February 2010
    Blah blah blah.

yeah okay talk more **** kid, i'd love to know what faction ur in, and my archer does just perfectly fine, you little noob, im pure dex, not hybrid, how many times have i said this? Hybrid = fist+bow tyvm, you clearly dunno ur archer builds, you should just quit kid, and dont reply with bs that u have no clue to what ur saying, k thnx?

i seriously cant believe you say venos cant do FF cuz of 1 boss, and u say they cant heal more then the boss does?....venos can heal 3.5k easily, but w/e right? i only have a herc veno, who is pure mag, and alot of people have said is awesome for runs, but yeah.

more people have agreed then disagreed thnx, and its mostly alts that say 2 words to agree with above person, or some ****, using level 12-24 icons? yeah alts.

Psytrac - k good to know.
    Your best is my worse.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Have you actually done a FF? Veno's cant tank all bosses at all 1 boss i forget his name has a debuff which means the veno cant heal more than the pet is losing health. If you knew your class half the sh*t you came out with wouldn't be there so obviously you must either stupid or incredibly slow to not know more about your class and take in what people have said to be true and not BS. Me stfu? Last time i checked it was you running your mouth and looking like a complete idiot, look around this thread reno people are laughing at you and the sh*t coming out your mouth. As for me being fail, im not even going to go there after what you have said in this thread alone. I will give you one piece of friendly advice though, remake an archer and level it and pay more attention to your class or ask some off the good archers around about the class and see if you pick up a few things from there, i just pray you never get far enough to ever be in one of squads.

AFAICS the problem with a 98+ Herc is that the Veno gets put to sleep and can't heal it sufficiently. OTH, a much lesser veno (even pure mag) can tank in fox form: it just won't hold aggro good.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited February 2010
    yeah okay talk more **** kid,

So you have resorted to making assumptions, congratulations.

i'd love to know what faction ur in,

Check my signature brain box.

and my archer does just perfectly fine, you little noob, im pure dex, not hybrid, how many times have i said this? Hybrid = fist+bow tyvm, you clearly dunno ur archer builds, you should just quit kid, and dont reply with bs that u have no clue to what ur saying, k thnx?

Wait, when did i say you were hybrid? When did i mention your build? It would seem you have no clue what your reading my friend, try again.

i seriously cant believe you say venos cant do FF cuz of 1 boss, and u say they cant heal more then the boss does?....venos can heal 3.5k easily, but w/e right? i only have a herc veno, who is pure mag, and alot of people have said is awesome for runs, but yeah.

Im guessing you havent listened to what ive said have you? I said veno's cant tank ALL bosses which they cant a barb always tanks 4 certain bosses because a veno cant (not that ive seen anyway), veno's can tank a good amount of bosses but not as many as a barb or bm (depending on the bm).

more people have agreed then disagreed thnx, and its mostly alts that say 2 words to agree with above person, or some ****, using level 12-24 icons? yeah alts.

Try reading again.

/10char b:pleased.

edited February 2010
    /10char b:pleased.

nice side stepping everything noob, archers that are pure dex cant hold aggro on melee bosses, CUZ WE CANT USE FISTS! u frking reject! LEARN TO UNDERSTAND BUILDS! just get off this game, since u dont understand anything, you said, VENOS CANT TANK FF! your words reject stop changing what u said.

god ur the biggest noob
    Your best is my worse.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hybrid = fist+bow tyvm, you clearly dunno ur archer builds, you should just quit kid, and dont reply with bs that u have no clue to what ur saying, k thnx?
    LMFAO. Hybrid Archer build is a vit build, not a str build. Don't make fun of others when you have even less of a clue yourself. Try reading this: Annor's Archer Basics.
    Let's see... the boss Decaying Fragrance has a debuff that reduces defense to ZERO. A herc has 4000 HP at level 90. The boss hits for 2407-2888 damage. A level 90 pure magic veno with above-average gear heals for 485HP + 28% of magic attack = ~2500 HP, based on a +5 Aquadash with G9 Sapphire shards. Bosses hit in melee at a faster rate than venomancers heal. Oh, and the boss uses an AOE sleep attack. Herc dies in two hits, squad proceeds to wipe.

Seriously mate... I started out somewhat sympathetic to you due to your story. Since then though, you've only made a bigger and bigger fool out of yourself.
    edited February 2010
    nice side stepping everything noob, archers that are pure dex cant hold aggro on melee bosses, CUZ WE CANT USE FISTS! u frking reject! LEARN TO UNDERSTAND BUILDS! just get off this game, since u dont understand anything,

Woah, your still going on about builds when i never mentioned them? Ah, how your going onabout agro control which i didnt mention either. Whats next your going to tell me i think archers are the worst DDs? Its not me who should leave the game little man its the person who you see in te mirror.

you said, VENOS CANT TANK FF! your words reject stop changing what u said.
    I disagree with you, there are a good amount of bosses veno's simple cant tank such as certain FF bosses.

Here i put in in bold so you can read it.

god ur the biggest noob

Awww you have lost the argument, you have been torn apart by many people so your last port of defence is to call me a noob, wow such a sad sad little man.
    Whats next?

edited February 2010
    LMFAO. Hybrid Archer build is a vit build, not a str build. Don't make fun of others when you have even less of a clue yourself. Try reading this: Annor's Archer Basics.

Let's see... the boss Decaying Fragrance has a debuff that reduces defense to ZERO. A herc has 4000 HP at level 90. The boss hits for around 2.5-3k damage. A level 90 pure magic veno heals for 485HP + 28% of magic attack = ~2000 HP, based on a +5 Aquadash with G9 Sapphire shards. Bosses hit in melee at a faster rate than venomancers heal. QED.

Seriously mate... I started out somewhat sympathetic to you due to your story. Since then though, you've only made a bigger and bigger fool out of yourself.

Guides are posted for people who follow them and end up saying "WTH why i cant be people other same build" or some ****, and you know why? guides are made to make other people weaker then the people who made the guide, follow guides and you wont ever be better then the people who wrote it

there is more then 1 hybrid, str needed to wear fists is 140, so you need the dex+str for that, not dex+vita

vita = more defense, which is good, but if u go vita/dex u cant wear fists.

and if the veno has the -24% or higher gear, they can keep up with healing.

i dont follow guides cuz they are made to keep people weaker then others, i'll do it my way which has worked out 150% of the time for every other mmorpg i've ever played.

if you need a guide, you arent a gamer, and i'll say the same for people that use walkthroughs, and i've told my gf not to use them too!

need a guide, unplug ur computer.....everyone that has followed the guides, unplug ur computers, you've already failed.
    Your best is my worse.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Went and edited in some stats and adjusted my numbers regarding the venomancer not being able to tank FC. All the channeling in the world won't help you when the entire squad is asleep for 5-6 seconds, and your herc can only survive 2 hits when debuffed.

As for the guide, I provided it as a handy proof of what a Hybrid archer build is generally accepted to be. And further proving your ignorance, the purpose of Vit is not to add the minuscule amount of defense. It's to add a, well, slightly less minuscule amount of HP.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cool story...
    your comment about guides is fail.
    leave now, unplug your computer, you fail big time...
    kthnxbai
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    vita = more defense

Dude, unplug your computer, you've just failed.

edited February 2010
    Went and edited in some stats and adjusted my numbers regarding the venomancer not being able to tank FC. All the channeling in the world won't help you when the entire squad is asleep for 5-6 seconds, and your herc can only survive 2 hits when debuffed.

As for the guide, I provided it as a handy proof of what a Hybrid archer build is generally accepted to be. And further proving your ignorance, the purpose of Vit is not to add the minuscule amount of defense. It's to add a, well, slightly less minuscule amount of HP.

and im saying, as an archer, i count the defense more friendly then the hp when counting the vita points.

i don't need alot of vita, since my mold items are all 4 sockets with full citrins and +4-+6 on them, which will last till 90 or 99 whichever i decide to get new armour at.

anyways i don't even care about half this **** anymore, i got tired of this pointless dripple like 3 pages ago.

my archer isn't fail, just because i don't follow the guides supplied to make people weak.

my archer is fine, and does perfectly well, with or without tanking.

Non-first archers cant hold aggro on melee-range bosses, due to lack of DD at close distance with bows.

Archers are probably i'd say 2nd strongest DD'er and strongest would probably be wizard, or even tied, depending on items/builds
    Your best is my worse.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Dude, unplug your computer, you've just failed.

its a true statement

vitality adds to BOTH pdef and mdef

edited February 2010
    its a true statement

vitality adds to BOTH pdef and mdef

You dont add vit for the tiny amount of defense it gives like the idiot suggested, anyone with half a brain knows you add vit for the health.

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    You dont add vit for the tiny amount of defense it gives like the idiot suggested, anyone with half a brain knows you add vit for the health.

show me where he said he was adding vit specifically for the defense?

he merely stated the added defense was nice, but not functional for his fist/bow hybrid build
    edited February 2010
    show me where he said he was adding vit specifically for the defense?

he merely stated the added defense was nice, but not functional for his fist/bow hybrid build

But you don't add vit for the defense b:surrender, the main use of vit is for more health, i mean seriously who actually thinks of their defense when they add vit?

• Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    and im saying, as an archer, i count the defense more friendly then the hp when counting the vita points.
    For PvE purposes, I agree, technically. It's just that both the defense and HP from vit are both fairly useless for archers. The defense bonus is half a point of defense per point of vit, the HP is 13 HP per point of vit. Either way, not going to make a difference.
    my archer isn't fail, just because i don't follow the guides supplied to make people weak.
    It's a conspiracy, man! The Man just wants to keep us down! Fight the power!
    my archer is fine, and does perfectly well, with or without tanking.
    More seriously, I'm sure it is. It's pretty hard to do badly when you spend enough money on the game. Based on your descriptions of your gear, you're well past the "enough" point.
    Non-first archers cant hold aggro on melee-range bosses, due to lack of DD at close distance with bows.
    Never said otherwise. That's why archers don't tank melee-only bosses. But from 29-79, I believe there's 13 BH bosses that archers are capable of tanking with halfway decent gear, 2 that can be tanked with a charm and good gear (Stygean, Fushma), and only 4 that can't be tanked by an archer (Rankar, Wyvern, Polearm, Gaurnob).
    Archers are probably i'd say 2nd strongest DD'er and strongest would probably be wizard, or even tied, depending on items/builds
    This is up for debate. Assassins can outdamage Archers, but they tend to get killed by AOEs. Demon Fist BMs with interval gear vastly outdamage us, but that's a special case. Suffice to say Archers are among the best PvE DDers.